Capital One Cup 3rd Round Draw - Arsenal away

Dr Who?

The long trip, all 20 minutes of it. Yes I'll be going, just like I went on Saturday and also Liverpool away the previous weekend.

Point?

Point being you're boring everyone with nonsense about it being a bad draw.

COVENTRY took about 8k recently in the cup , we'll be entitled to a similar number of cheap tickets, no excuse not to do it really especially for the fans who moan they can never get tickets for Arsenal.

Excellent! I can tick another stadium off my list, it should be relatively cheap, and it's a 4th game I can see on my trip back (assuming I can get tickets for Swansea away which might be a bit tricky) - oh...and I think it's a game we can win too (unless Arsenal change tactics and don't play their reserves)

The only way we'd sell 9,000 tickets for that game is if we'd never played at the ground before. If it's on telly, we'd probably sell about 3,000 tickets. If it isn't on TV, maybe 5,000 tickets. Think Arsenal tend to charge their own fans cheap prices for these sort of games, so it may be close to a sell-out.
Yeah, that's the thing unfortunately, the teams that take 5k+ in these situations usually haven't played at the ground before, and are from a lower league side that see such a trip as their biggest game of the year, whereas we'll be going there again not long after, plus have Spurs, West Ham away in a relatively short period.

However, cheap tickets, decent ground and away day, plenty of good pubs, no reason not to have a fair few there.

The only way we'd sell 9,000 tickets for that game is if we'd never played at the ground before. If it's on telly, we'd probably sell about 3,000 tickets. If it isn't on TV, maybe 5,000 tickets. Think Arsenal tend to charge their own fans cheap prices for these sort of games, so it may be close to a sell-out.

Quite. Us taking 9,000 to a third round LC game would actually be rather quite odd.

Point being you're boring everyone with nonsense about it being a bad draw.

Where did I say it was a bad draw? I think you're the one talking nonsense fella.

And now you're speaking on behalf of everybody and calling me boring? Are you Nick Illingsworth all of a sudden?

Congrats.

Well that's another chance of a cup run abruptly brought to a halt.

Struggle in the league and out of the cup.....seasons nearly a write off already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May aswell go back to supporting someone else eh?

As Spurs have also been drawn at home in the cup, one of the games will have to be moved to the Wednesday night - fingers crossed it ours.

Unfortunately it won't be mate, having spoken to a Spurs fan at work just now the following will happen;

Spurs win tonight to go through to group stages of Europa League.

That will mean they play in that on Thursday 18th September pushing their league game back to Sunday 21st September.

Spurs will play at home Wednesday 24th so we will be Tuesday 23rd .

having looked at the draw again I would not be surprised if our game is chosen for sky.

(Spurs going through tonight will also mean our game there in October will also be on a Sunday)

Anyone know roughly how much arsenal charge for games like this? Some of the attendance figures being said are a bit ridiculous, surely.

I paid £10 to see them play Shrewsbury in 2011 in the cup with a mate who supports Shrews and as far as I know they keep the prices for these games very low. With us being a Premier League team it will hopefully be around £15.

The absolute most it would be is £27 which is their Cat C price.

I paid £10 to see them play Shrewsbury in 2011 in the cup with a mate who supports Shrews and as far as I know they keep the prices for these games very low. With us being a Premier League team it will hopefully be around £15.

The absolute most it would be is £27 which is their Cat C price.

Fair play! If ticket prices were below £15, which I very much doubt, we would easily sell out 3000.

I think this game is winnable.

Arsenal are also in a Euro competition, and I'm sure that Wenger won't fielding his strongest side. Hopefully our best ....will be good enough to beat their " second best ".

Interestingly, with 6 Prem. sides eliminated in the last round... there are 5 fixtures between Prem. sides in the next round, so that will leave only 8 Prem.sides to go forward.

Arsenal v Man City Sat 13 Sep 12:45

Champions League - Group D

Borussia Dortmund v Arsenal Tue 16 Sep 19:45

Premier League

Aston Villa v Arsenal Sat 20 Sep 15:00

League Cup - Third Round

Arsenal v Southampton Tue 23 Sep 19:45

Premier League

Arsenal v Tottenham Sat 27 Sep 17:30

October 2014

Champions League - Group D

Arsenal v Galatasaray Wed 1 Oct 19:45