Saints Sign Filip Djuricic on loan from Benfica

Saint-Armstrong

I haven't been as excited by some youtube videos since we signed Steve de Ridder.

Fillllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllliip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting signing, I wonder if he's being signed with Tadic also in mind, perhaps signing another Serbian will help him regain his form

We did look at a bloke called Gavrilo Princip at one stage. Causes too much trouble, apparently.

(little Arch-Joke there, arf!)

Looks very direct, and a bit like Shane Long in all honesty.

Doesn't sound anything like Long. More of a languid, creative type, a playmaker who can pop up with the odd goal.

Surely someone's seen him get sent off or score an OG in one of their odysseys around Europe?

Edited by shurlock

They aren't swans. Tadic speaks English well enough, we don't need another Serb to hold his hand.

So what if he speaks English? I speak French well enough but it didn't stop me from getting home sick from time to time when I was living out there especially in the first few months, which definitely had an impact on my work. I know having English friends with me helped a great deal. Might be the same for Tadic.

Any source other than the DM article? That Journo is a "copy and paste from other sources" Merchant so it wouldn't have come from him.

Sounds like another Elia type where he was class in the Dutch league and very hyped up then hasn't settled since.

Would be good to get another forward player in.

Doesn't sound anything like Long. More of a creative type, a playmaker who can pop up with the odd goal.

Surely someone's seen him get sent off or score an OG in one of their odysseys around Europe?

I am just judging by the Youtube video, hence why I said 'looks'. He doesn't look overly creative, but direct and fast with a bit of skill. The way I'd imagine Long playing if an attacking mid.

Any source other than the DM article? That Journo is a "copy and paste from other sources" Merchant so it wouldn't have come from him.

Sounds like another Elia type where he was class in the Dutch league and very hyped up then hasn't settled since.

Would be good to get another forward player in.

He's no Adam Blackmore is he? :rolleyes:

I am just judging by the Youtube video, hence why I said 'looks'. He doesn't look overly creative, but direct and fast with a bit of skill. The way I'd imagine Long playing if an attacking mid.

Must be watching different vids. Either way, interested to see what he offers (if the deal happens)

Having watched him play for the Serbian national team: in some games he was the most creative player on the pitch (including Tadic) and always looked could spark the team. In others, he looks weak and like he can't really influence the game. It seems to me his best position is behind the striker, as an attacking midfielder or auxiliary striker.

But the one thing that seemed a constant was a lack of composure in his finishing.

So, all in all, he could help and add creativity, but I don't think he'll be scoring lots of goals for us.

Having watched him play for the Serbian national team: in some games he was the most creative player on the pitch (including Tadic) and always looked could spark the team. In others, he looks weak and like he can't really influence the game. It seems to me his best position is behind the striker, as an attacking midfielder or auxiliary striker.

But the one thing that seemed a constant was a lack of composure in his finishing.

So, all in all, he could help and add creativity, but I don't think he'll be scoring lots of goals for us.

*looked like HE could PROVIDE a spark to the team*