Saints Sign Filip Djuricic on loan from Benfica

Saint-Armstrong

I spoke to Serbian Football expert Milos about Saints' new boy...

http://georgeweahscousin.com/?p=5205

Thats consistent with what Michiel Jongsma said.

Obvious talent but may struggle physically.

Will be interesting to see which position we use him in. The game on Sunday for example, if we had Morgan and Wanyama shielding the back four then you could play quite an attacking player just in front of them because they are physically much better than JWP/Davis.

Away from home I don't see him starting a lot, but great option from the bench.

My only concern from reading his preferred positions is that its another predominately left sided player.

When Tadic first signed he played on the left and put in some of his best performances.

Then Mane came in and struggled on the right so he and Tadic switched as Tadic was considered more flexible. As a result, the performance of Tadic has dropped.

We then signed Elia who is also left sided.

Now we have Djuricic who plays through the middle or left wing.

Worried we may struggle with a bit of balance to the side because Tadic really doesn't look comfortable on the right and neither does Mane.

My only concern from reading his preferred positions is that its another predominately left sided player.

When Tadic first signed he played on the left and put in some of his best performances.

Then Mane came in and struggled on the right so he and Tadic switched as Tadic was considered more flexible. As a result, the performance of Tadic has dropped.

We then signed Elia who is also left sided.

Now we have Djuricic who plays through the middle or left wing.

Worried we may struggle with a bit of balance to the side because Tadic really doesn't look comfortable on the right and neither does Mane.

very good point. Tadic on the right cutting in has not been anywhere near as good as he was on the left.

The right midfield/wing position hasn't really been filled since Chamberlain left. It's only Clyne's tremendous performances that have hidden that fact.

Thanks Chris, although the opinion of the Serbian journalist was undermined in my eyes when he described Tadic as being "great" for us this season.

Think it's known as chauvinism, Tadic is becoming a bit of a disappointment for me, never was convinced, still am not.

Think the PL is too intense for his capacities, not the first, won't be the last..

you're 100% right about Tadic

on Sunday, on the right wing, he'd switch back inside for every cross and every cross swung away for the players running into the box...

we should play him only on the left

Elia is better on the left and mane is better on the right than Tadic, i think either behind the striker or on the bench for Tadic now. If Djuricic plays well id stick him on the right and Mane playing off Pelee with Tadic on the bench, that would be a hell for defenders...3 pacey players and pelle. I would only play this if Morgan and Vic were playing though ( maybe Reed ).

Can't work it out about Tadic. Since he came here he started strong but seems to have been stifled. Whether it's a confidence thing or if he's been given pitch-instructions he's not comfortable with. A good player, would be a shame if he just faded away.

I'd have been happy with Djuricic if we hadn't already got Mané and Elia as well as Tadic. IMHO the greater need was for cover at striker, even before Long was injured. The squad looks unbalanced with midfield players, some of whom are likely to get very little game time. I'd like to see Djuricic in the team but at the expense of whom?

I'd have been happy with Djuricic if we hadn't already got Mané and Elia as well as Tadic. IMHO the greater need was for cover at striker, even before Long was injured. The squad looks unbalanced with midfield players, some of whom are likely to get very little game time. I'd like to see Djuricic in the team but at the expense of whom?

Perhaps at the expense of Tadic, who's been poor, or as cover for impending injuries. This is how squads work.

I suppose the ball, as they say in a different sport, is in Djuricic's court. Seems unlikely that Koeman agreed to the loan just so the player can watch the Saints play from a seat in the stand or from the bench. When he gets on the pitch it will be up to him to prove that he's better than what we already have.

I suppose the ball, as they say in a different sport, is in Djuricic's court. Seems unlikely that Koeman agreed to the loan just so the player can watch the Saints play from a seat in the stand or from the bench. When he gets on the pitch it will be up to him to prove that he's better than what we already have.

My guess is he's here to play in the 10 position, and it's much needed considering the total lack of goal threat we've had from that position all season

I'm told he's the Serbian Philippe Coutinho.

Well with all the ballcocks that Talksport were spouting this morning about how wonderful Liverpool were (which lead me to the rare occurrence of turning Alan Brazil off because I couldn't take any more - that's treatment usually reserved for Durham), it transpires that Coutinho is now the new Suarez. So it seems that we've signed the Serbian Suarez on loan.

God I hope it's 15. Number 1 son is desperate for us to have a 15 (his number). Last one we had was Forren ffs.

Your wish has been granted

‏@SouthamptonFC

OFFICIAL: Filip Djuričić has been allocated the number 15 shirt following his #deadlineday move to #SaintsFC.

B9F7U5wCcAANESC.png

‏@SouthamptonFC

OFFICIAL: Filip Djuričić has been allocated the number 15 shirt following his #deadlineday move to #SaintsFC.

B9F7U5wCcAANESC.png

Woot woot. Thank **** for that. First we don't have a 15, then we sign a player with his brothers name and one with my name but not his (seeing as Gallagher has been out injured). So now I have a happy #1 (attacking midfielder/striker) son.

‏@SouthamptonFC

B9F7U5wCcAANESC.png

Serbs seem to disagree with the way his name is written on his shirt: "Đuričić or Djuricic and not Djuričić!!!!!!"