Saints Sign Filip Djuricic on loan from Benfica

Saint-Armstrong

I am just judging by the Youtube video, hence why I said 'looks'. He doesn't look overly creative, but direct and fast with a bit of skill. The way I'd imagine Long playing if an attacking mid.

He's just a flash harry when in lots of space. Don't need types like him in English football. Where's a Billy Bremner when you need one.

:mcinnes: There, done it for those not big on irony.

https://www.facebook.com/FSSrbije

Duricic of Tadic to the end of the season

Serbian international Filip Djuricic next six months will play on loan at Southampton, announced on the website of the club third-placed Premier League.

Djuricic, who is contracted to the Benfica first part of the season he spent in the Bundesliga club Mainz and played 12 games in all competitions.

Source. B92

Has it been announced by us? I can't see it on the OS, nor is it mentioned on the club twitter.

According to the gospel that is Wikipedia, he has a 12.5million euro transfer to join Mainz if they wished to exercise it. If he comes to us and we get the same deal, £9.5 million for a player who is still young seems good business. Even better if he can live up to his early potential, which I'm sure Koeman will help him with.

Maybe there was a mix up over the announcement time...

Serbian FA to SFC: "So, when can we announce the transfer?"

SFC: "7pm"

Serbian FA: "Okey dokey. We'll do that."

(I'm assuming they are only 1 hour ahead of course)

No? OK then. Daft theory. :)

Daily Echo don't seem to think it's a goer.

As reported elsewhere in today’s Daily Echo, the club have explored the possibility of signing Benfica’s attacking midfielder Filip Djuricic.

But with that deal having looked unlikely, they may have opted to stick with what they had before the Cork situation reached this point, which could force them back into the market.

On loan Djuricic would be a smart signing. I imagine Koeman looks at it the same way I do, probably only having seen him play in the eredivisie where he showed he was very talented. That doesn't just dissapear, probably needs good guidance and confidence. And a loan is relatively risk free, and adds some depth.

Seems like he was bought by the former manager and doesn't fit in with the new coaches philosophy.

"Filip Djuricic won’t be missed at Benfica. Jorge Jesus never gave him a proper chance, and there’s no room for a number 10 in Jesus’ tactic. Djuricic never managed to adapt the box-to-box role nor as a winger."

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/08/12/qa-everything-you-need-to-know-about-benfica-for-the-201415-season/

Also his nickname is "The Cruyff of the Balkans" and also Kicker did a nice interview with him on the 15th Jan - http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/619098/artikel_djuricic_es-gibt-keine-ausreden-mehr.html

Edited by Convict Colony

Seems like he was bought by the former manager and doesn't fit in with the new coaches philosophy.

"Filip Djuricic won’t be missed at Benfica. Jorge Jesus never gave him a proper chance, and there’s no room for a number 10 in Jesus’ tactic. Djuricic never managed to adapt the box-to-box role nor as a winger."

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2014/08/12/qa-everything-you-need-to-know-about-benfica-for-the-201415-season/

Also his nickname is "The Cruyff of the Balkans"

The Serbian Johan Cruyff? amazing! I thought we'd never top the Swedish David Beckham.

He's not very good, and I think it's a mistake.

I'm always a bit annoyed when managers get carried away and start signing players who they know from their home country/league, or one where they have a good reputation. Don't think it does wonders to the team spirit either, as they are very clearly perceived as manager's specific choices and therefore more likely to be given a chance.

Obviously Koeman has gained considerable legitimacy to do this with how the season is going, but we must be prudent, and I hope he is aware of this to.

As a recent example we have Laudrup with his Spanish Swansea experiment. After a good season with a bargain star in Michu, he filled the team with Spanish players who were no better than the ones that were there before, but were very clearly preferred by him, and team spirit and performance was not as good as expected, with numerous reports of conflict in the squad.

Only played 476 minutes this season, subbed on or off for every single appearance. He can't break into a lower-half bundesliga side, whats the deal? Doesn't fit the system? Out of form? Is he actually good enough to do a job for us?

Ideal relacement for Gaston then.

H

He's not very good, and I think it's a mistake.

I'm always a bit annoyed when managers get carried away and start signing players who they know from their home country/league, or one where they have a good reputation. Don't think it does wonders to the team spirit either, as they are very clearly perceived as manager's specific choices and therefore more likely to be given a chance.

Obviously Koeman has gained considerable legitimacy to do this with how the season is going, but we must be prudent, and I hope he is aware of this to.

As a recent example we have Laudrup with his Spanish Swansea experiment. After a good season with a bargain star in Michu, he filled the team with Spanish players who were no better than the ones that were there before, but were very clearly preferred by him, and team spirit and performance was not as good as expected, with numerous reports of conflict in the squad.

I enjoyed Reading your post, but I don't agree.

If Koeman thinks a Player will fit to our system, Then he probably will.

I'm underwhelmed by this. Another loanee (I'd rather Lambert back if it were possible).

He might turn out well. He might be all that's on offer.

But for me, we may never have a better chance to hit the Champions League. And it appears that our Boardroom are not investing. Sometimes you need to take a chance to kick on. We have one striker. Mayuka is not good enough. Jay Rod is broken. Longy is a utility forward, not an out and out striker. Pelle will get injured.

Perhaps there is no one. But, Ings, Lambert on loan would not go amiss right now. This chap is unproven, unwanted by his current club and has just as much chance as being another Mayuka.

Our time is now. Invest. Spend the money. Time to take a gamble....

If not get Fonte to shake Osvaldos hand and give him a go under Koeman.... it's worked for bad boy Elia!

I'm underwhelmed by this. Another loanee (I'd rather Lambert back if it were possible).

He might turn out well. He might be all that's on offer.

But for me, we may never have a better chance to hit the Champions League. And it appears that our Boardroom are not investing. Sometimes you need to take a chance to kick on. We have one striker. Mayuka is not good enough. Jay Rod is broken. Longy is a utility forward, not an out and out striker. Pelle will get injured.

Perhaps there is no one. But, Ings, Lambert on loan would not go amiss right now. This chap is unproven, unwanted by his current club and has just as much chance as being another Mayuka.

Our time is now. Invest. Spend the money. Time to take a gamble....

If not get Fonte to shake Osvaldos hand and give him a go under Koeman.... it's worked for bad boy Elia!

I was kind of agreeing until your last line!

Could be a clever signing. Player with something to prove and who is the type we don't have i.e a player who could play the no 10 role but in a different way to JWP and Davis as he looks like he runs with the ball more.

Gastón Ramírez?

Christ, makes you wonder why people even bother sharing something if they're told it.

I was told late last night that he was definitely going to sign and the club had reached an agreement, and the relevant people had prepared and organised the relevant stuff for his arrival and photo opportunity.

Whether it's right, or it turns out to be wrong - it's just what I was told and I decided to share it.

Christ, makes you wonder why people even bother sharing something if they're told it.

I was told late last night that he was definitely going to sign and the club had reached an agreement, and the relevant people had prepared and organised the relevant stuff for his arrival and photo opportunity.

Whether it's right, or it turns out to be wrong - it's just what I was told and I decided to share it.

Come on mate, you know how it works on here. You share, then some jumped up little troll criticises you.

Don't rise to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only played 476 minutes this season, subbed on or off for every single appearance. He can't break into a lower-half bundesliga side, whats the deal? Doesn't fit the system? Out of form? Is he actually good enough to do a job for us?

Ideal relacement for Gaston then.

:lol: