Saints Sign Filip Djuricic on loan from Benfica

Saint-Armstrong

He's not a striker though. And not a back-up/replacement for Pelle, which is what a fair few of us think would be useful.

It is interesting if we do sign him; Iknow a fair few like to be critical of Pelle's finishing, but I don't think its too bad and its been our creativity that has let us down at times, particularly recently, this bloke looks more of a solution to that problem. Cheaper wages than Ramirez, but a similar player?

Agree.

Thanks, looks awesome think I might sign him for Telford who I've just won the world club cup with for the 8th season in a row.

He is not good enough for your Telford. Also, wouldn't he be too old by then.

Edited by Redslo

To all those who think Djuricic is a forward > He's not!

He is a midfielder who can also play as a playmaker from the left wing and coming inside to his right foot. He's very lightweight, not very quick but a very good technique and very creative. You can compare him to a younger and immature version of Tadic. Tadic is better from the wing and Djuricic is better in the middle. He's competition for James Ward-Prowse.

2014/2015 FSV Mainz 05 11 0 Bundesliga

2013/2014 Benfica 11 0 Primeira Liga

2012/2013 SC Heerenveen 32 7 Eredivisie

2011/2012 SC Heerenveen 34 10 Eredivisie

2010/2011 SC Heerenveen 24 2 Eredivisie

2009/2010 SC Heerenveen 9 1 Eredivisie

2008/2009 Radnički Obrenovac 17 0 Srpska Liga

He is a midfielder who can also play as a playmaker from the left wing and coming inside to his right foot. He's very lightweight, not very quick but a very good technique and very creative. You can compare him to a younger and immature version of Tadic. Tadic is better from the wing and Djuricic is better in the middle. He's competition for James Ward-Prowse.

Feyenoord, in your opinion, will Ron get him back to his best form, and dare I say it, a few goals from him?

Feyenoord, in your opinion, will Ron get him back to his best form, and dare I say it, a few goals from him?

The guy has a lot of quality. I haven't seen him this season in Germany so I don't know how he's done there.

He definitely needs to grow physically to compete in the Premier League and if he does that, he can be a really, really good player. He offers something different in the centre of the park that Saints are missing now. Djuricic behind Pelle and Elia/Mane and Tadic on the wing against the weaker teams and in home games is very nice.

A peculiar signing if true - sounds quite similar to Ramirez in ability? In the first half of the season Koeman clearly wanted his creativity to come from out wide, and we definitely played that way, and we have Mane, Elia, and Tadic already competing for two roles. I know Long is out for 6 weeks but a backup to Pelle would be preferable.

Am sure there is a plan somewhere but just surprised to us go after a player like this - if indeed it is true.

Anyone know what his recent form and scoring records are like?

The stats on the Mainz os don't suggest he's in great form. 11 appearances, 477 minutes played, 0 assists, 0 goals, 3 shots on target. 75% pass completion is the highlight.

His pedigree looks good though. May be a confidence player - a change of surroundings and management may be what he needs.

The stats on the Mainz os don't suggest he's in great form. 11 appearances, 477 minutes played, 0 assists, 0 goals, 3 shots on target. 75% pass completion is the highlight.

His pedigree looks good though. May be a confidence player - a change of surroundings and management may be what he needs.

Would you go as far as to say Koeman is the man to get him firing again Egg?

Not impressed with his record since leaving the Netherlands but if anyone can get him firing Koeman can!

But even during his 'peak' form at SC Heerenveen he scored 20 goals in 99 appearances, just under 1 goal in 5 matches. Long was doubted when he joined as his record was c 1 in 4. If we do sign this Durex fella, then it won't be for his scoring record alone.

Looks a decent prospect - albeit on youtube - and I'll bow to Feyenoord's knowledge of him, but he is not going to be a stand in for Pelle if we're looking for a like for like.

Oh no - another player who wants to walk the ball into the back of the net FFS! When will we sign a striker who can drill a decent shot from 20 yards and make the keeper work for a change?

Agree, need another centre forward type, not all nifty footwork ( "all fart and no sh!t " as someone posted on here once).

We did look at a bloke called Gavrilo Princip at one stage. Causes too much trouble, apparently.

(little Arch-Joke there, arf!)

Quite well known for getting his shot on target. Perhaps not a good idea for RK to get him 'firing' again.

Apparently this site says it's official and done. Or something. Not sure of the validity of the website, probably some 12 year old at his gran's house.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/europa/ufficiale-southampton-in-prestito-dal-mainz-ecco-djuricic-640154

What stadium is that...?

djuricic.JPG

Edit: Stoke City :lol:

Edited by trousers