Rodriguez given the all-clear and set to return next month

Saint-Armstrong

That would really be excellent news, a boost just when we need one.

I shouldnt think he'll be off in the summer. Any bigger team would want to see him in action after well over a year out. I should imagine he would want to show us a bit of loyalty too after being paid for a year to watch Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women.

and there in the last couple of lines of the article do we have the reason they have bothered to "report" on it.

Transfer speculation dressed up to look like something different. The only quotes are from RK's press conference last week or the week before.

Somebody has fed them their lead line, though. I don't think they have just plucked next month and the all-clear out of the air.

We'll see next month :)

Whether we will, or won't, is irrelevant. As pointed out, it's tacked some transfer speculation on - and someone has pushed them the all-clear line, and the March return.

It is definitely odd though, how this one has rumbled on for a fair while. Interestingly, Jay's agent is also Dušan's agent.

Whether we will, or won't, is irrelevant. As pointed out, it's tacked some transfer speculation on - and someone has pushed them the all-clear line, and the March return.

It is definitely odd though, how this one has rumbled on for a fair while. Interestingly, Jay's agent is also Dušan's agent.

I think the majority of our players have the same agent...

We will see!

Sooner rather than later I hope. Maybe even in next week-end's training gallery. The old pre-injury JRod would have a field day with all these good balls coming in from wide positions, Pellè doesn't seem to be able to get on to many of them.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Fantastic news in view of Koeman not bringing in a striker last month. Anyone noticed Reading's turnabout. Can help thinking we should have gone for Yakabu who cost little and low wages. He would have been a great addition to the subs bench.

Fantastic news in view of Koeman not bringing in a striker last month. Anyone noticed Reading's turnabout. Can help thinking we should have gone for Yakabu who cost little and low wages. He would have been a great addition to the subs bench.

That would be the 32 (or 35) year old ex-Skate who was on 150k Euros per month in 2012. Yep, fits in well with our Philoshophy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That would be the 32 (or 35) year old ex-Skate who was on 150k Euros per month in 2012. Yep, fits in well with our Philoshophy.
Obviously being able to score goals no longer fits in well with our philosophy. Reading brought him in on a free at the beginning of this month, getting something like 15,000 a month. He's back scoring for fun. He was a Skate a long time ago as was Peter Crouch but both know how to score goals.

Obviously being able to score goals no longer fits in well with our philosophy. Reading brought him in on a free at the beginning of this month, getting something like 15,000 a month. He's back scoring for fun. He was a Skate a long time ago as was Peter Crouch but both know how to score goals.

Scoring for fun? Has scored the grand total of one goal against a championship side.

He scored 1 goal. One goal.

Not sure how that equates to 'scoring' for fun.

I'm glad we don't go for washed up old hasbeens. Shall we still go with Yoshida up front though?

That's because pelle expects it to his feet every time. Never makes a run, then blamed everyone else. Jay would have twice as many goals by now.

I don't think you're allowed to slag Pellè off like that, however true it may be. He is not quick and not sharp just now. Remi Garde picked up on it during the Swansea match, said he has to make more effort to get to where the ball is or will be and not just hang about on the off chance that it will stray his way.

Imagine if he has a strong finish to the season and then ducks ****s off in the Summer....

That's not the concern really. At least we'd get some sort of fee then. It's unlikely he will hit top form this season and that makes it very unlikely a club will be in for him this summer. But he won't sign a new deal by the looks of it so we are facing the very real possibility he will go on a free in 2016 on the back of a full season scoring goals

If he's got anything about him as a bloke he'll extend his contract and stay for at least another season or two. He should be embarrassed if he f ucks off at the first opportunity after having a years pay, not to mention the medical and rehabilitation fees and treatment.

If he's got anything about him as a bloke he'll extend his contract and stay for at least another season or two. He should be embarrassed if he f ucks off at the first opportunity after having a years pay, not to mention the medical and rehabilitation fees and treatment.

Spot on. He doesn't come across as a cvnt so hopefully this will be the outcome.

I'd like to think that is the case but with the likes of Man City, Liverpool, and Spurs all at least interested in him (though to what degree I am not sure), I do not believe he will let his medical status influence whether or not he signs a new deal. I'd surprised (and delighted) if he did. But if you're receiving a 5 year contract offer in the middle of cruciate ligament rehabilitation and you don't sign it...I think that speaks volumes. Don't think he'll give anything other than 100% for us while he is here, but for how long will be a matter of how much of a gamble the aforementioned teams want to take in the summer.

Best news today was Shane Long back in training ..........he will be here next season for sure.........as for Rodriguez who knows ..........take the 20M I he wont commit to us

I'm sorry but what the hell has shane long done for us. He's average at best. A good player to have around but he's nowhere near the class that j rod was.

I'm sorry but what the hell has shane long done for us. He's average at best. A good player to have around but he's nowhere near the class that j rod was.

Aha come on. That's harsh. Shlong has actually exceeded my expectations - I thought he'd be an utter flop and do nothing. But, 4 gls and 3 assists and whenever he comes on, always makes a mess of slow/not paying attention defences.

I'm not saying he's the best thing since JRod but like you say, a good player to have around. Don't think any more needs said than that - great to have on bench, nothing special, but a versatile option and brings a bit of energy to the front line when (e.g. against Leicester) the game is dead