Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

In case anyone missed this. NEW RULES for signing non-EU players come into force today.

We have had a number of problems over the years getting work permits.

As of today

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12040/9830536/fas-new-rules-on-work-permits-will-make-it-harder-for-non-eu-players-to-come-to-uk

I talked about these changes in my blog awhile back: http://redsloscf.blogspot.com/2015/03/greg-dyke-and-his-terrible-horrible-no.html

It was the first of a four part series which I just finished this week.

Missing from the skysports article is a mention of the exception for expensive players which I am currently unable to find a link for. I thought it allowed for a work permit for anyone whose transfer fee was 10 million pounds or more.

As far as I can determine, the new rules are not yet posted on the UK.gov web site, but I don't claim to be an expert in navigating that site. The FA's site still links to this past year's rules.

West Ham not looking to sign Alex Song permanently according to the Mirror, he'd be a good replacement for Schniederlin.

Not good enough..gets caught in possession too often

Not seen that much of Song this season, but he seemed to do ok with Barcelona. Is he getting caught in possession because he can't assess his options quick enough, or is he getting caught in possession because he doesn't have any options?

Not seen that much of Song this season, but he seemed to do ok with Barcelona. Is he getting caught in possession because he can't assess his options quick enough, or is he getting caught in possession because he doesn't have any options?

Possibly both, has a nice range of passes but not quick enough up top to execute when put under pressure

Would you want him? How much would you value him at? Scored less than Pelle who you slate (and cost £8m) and only 4 more than Mane who you think is a waste of money at £10m. With your player judgement should snap him up at £6 to £12m? ;)

He was injured for half the season and played for a team devoid of any creative intent

Bas Dost? Available for 10m euros according to Bild and linked with us by insidefutbol

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/05/04/bas-dost-aiming-for-summer-wolfsburg-talks/205777/

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/vfl-wolfsburg/fuer-zehn-mio-darf-er-gehen-40799768.bild.html&prev=search

14 goals in 18 league appearances for Wolfsburg this season. Though it is a bit misleading as he scored 13 goals (including 4 in one game) in 10 games but only scored 1 in his last 6 and he was not impressive at all in his two seasons in Germany before this one so there is a risk he might be a flash in the pan.

Bas Dost? Available for 10m euros according to Bild and linked with us by insidefutbol

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/05/04/bas-dost-aiming-for-summer-wolfsburg-talks/205777/

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/vfl-wolfsburg/fuer-zehn-mio-darf-er-gehen-40799768.bild.html&prev=search

14 goals in 18 league appearances for Wolfsburg this season. Though it is a bit misleading as he scored 13 goals (including 4 in one game) in 10 games but only scored 1 in his last 6 and he was not impressive at all in his two seasons in Germany before this one so there is a risk he might be a flash in the pan.

Don't forget he's up against Klass Jan Huntelaar in trying to get in that Wolfsburg team, he was very much back up until Huntelaar got a 6 match ban in January when Dost went on his scoring run. To be honest, would take either of them.

Don't forget he's up against Klass Jan Huntelaar in trying to get in that Wolfsburg team, he was very much back up until Huntelaar got a 6 match ban in January when Dost went on his scoring run. To be honest, would take either of them.

Huntelaar plays for Schalke?

Huntelaar renewed his contract with Schalke 04 this last November and is now earning 560.000 euro per month there. Not really an option, I'd think?

I'd have faith in Bas Dost though. Before Wolfsburg he played at SC Heerenveen in de Eredivisie and was the season's topscorer in 2011/12 (32 goals out of 34 games).

It seems fairly certain based on that article. Interesting signing, number 10 role? Maybe more of an option off the bench for the first season?

The rumours came up again today. Could be interesting.....not a bad player by any means and quite young

Ondrej Duda -

This has kind of come out of no where, with some really definite sounding quotes. I think it's probably a combination of ourselves being interested and approaching the club/player, but also the agent getting a bit over-excited. He seems to mouth off a bit.

This kid looks ok though, only turned 20 a few months back.

He was on loan at Fulham a few years ago and was trash. Hopefully he's improved a lot since then!

He's one of these players who had a big reputation at a young age from the Roma academy, but never really fulfilled it.

Have a look at the bottom of page 9 on this thread.

Apparently he's been quite actively linked with a few clubs.

silly season has started, we (with others) are getting linked with all sorts

A lot of rumours going round already, can't say I'm too familiar with some of the names. No doubt as usual a lot on here will start saying we should sign a player we are linked with even if they've never seen them play. A 2 minute you tube clip usually does the job!

A lot of rumours going round already, can't say I'm too familiar with some of the names. No doubt as usual a lot on here will start saying we should sign a player we are linked with even if they've never seen them play. A 2 minute you tube clip usually does the job!

I definitely think we should sign some players we are linked with even though I have never seen them play. If we didn't there would be hardly any players we could sign--except ones we are never linked with.

Today in the Dutch and German media: 'Schalke 04 want Jordy Clasie this summer'. It'll be hard to compete with them financially. Hopefully Koeman and the PL will have enough appeal for him to not be guided by just money.

The highest Schalke can finish this season is fifth. Does that get them Europa League?

Today in the Dutch and German media: 'Schalke 04 want Jordy Clasie this summer'. It'll be hard to compete with them financially. Hopefully Koeman and the PL will have enough appeal for him to not be guided by just money.

I saw that Lazio want him as a replacement for Biglia should they sell him as well.

Thank god football fans aren't in charge. A one month burst of form and you'd sign everyone!

Remember several thinking a big money move for Connor Wickham was a good idea, after 4 good games and about 50 rubbish ones!

First names I have suggested, dumbass. They have been good all season. I had Ulloa on my list when he was at Brighton. We were linked with Vardy when he was at Fleetwood IIRC. Mahrez has impressed all season. They would slot into our play backfilling for Pelle, Long and Tadic - similar styles of play.

Ondrej Duda looks like a number 10 instead of a replacement for Morgan as some of the media outlets are suggesting. The club must see this as a area of pitch that needs improving as we clearly don't have enough goals coming from the likes of Davis or Ward-Prowse who have both taken up that position.

I said football fans. The 'you'd' referred to generic football fans on forums who make odd suggestions based on a couple of games.

OK, I stand corrected. Personally I don't speak until I am sure their form is long term. Ulloa has impressed me every time. Vardy is perpetual motion and we need that 'duracell' style of his. Mahrez can blow hot and cold, agreed, but he seems to have it in his locker.

OK, I stand corrected. Personally I don't speak until I am sure their form is long term. Ulloa has impressed me every time. Vardy is perpetual motion and we need that 'duracell' style of his. Mahrez can blow hot and cold, agreed, but he seems to have it in his locker.

Manè is better than Mahrez

Long is probably as good as Vardy, but we have J Rod coming back too

Pellè is probably better than Ulloa.

So IMO none of them are worth signing