Saints v Leicester City build up

SaintChrispy

If we deploy the same team as against West Ham, it leaves four outfield players (VVD, Romeu, Tadic, Redmond) who featured heavily in the game last night. If Puel wants to rotate and rest some of them, who are the alternatives? Obviously Tadic was meant to be rested as well, so imagine he was in the plans for Sunday.

If Boufal is due to return soon, perhaps Puel is thinking that Tadic and Redmond will have a bit more rotation in the coming months, so can be pushed a bit harder at the moment.

Pretty much the first team will be back for this. We need to start climbing back up the league. Could go 7th is results go our way and slip down about 6 places if they don't. Leicester are struggling with the Champions tag and not having Kante shielding the defence, they are there for the taking in my opinion and I think we'll win 1-2.

My Team

--------------------Forster----------------------

Cedric------VvD-----------Fonte-------Bertrand

--------------------Romeu-----------------------

---------Hojbjerg-------------Davis--------------

--------------------Tadic--------------------------

---------Redmond--------Austin-----------------

Obviously the shape of the side changes but that would be my 11.

Yes was on SSN earlier when the crucifixion of Eric Black was in flow but no-one about. Shimon Perez funeral caused chaos not back to Bournemouth until tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon that will screw us then. Even though we've kept some players back a 6000 mile round trip with delays and such like just isn't good preparation for this game. Think it will catch up with us.

they had an extra days rest, were at home. We were miles away

going to be a good game

Two days isn't it as they played Tuesday?

Saying that, it looks as if they played their first team so at least we have rested a couple of first teamers.

Sunday will be the last game I attend this season before going back to Australia- the other 4 games I've been to have been our 4 wins, so hopefully my luck continues!

I would have thought it would make sense to fly straight to the nearest available airport to Leicester today then stay in Leicester Fri and Sat night.

Presumably we are travelling up to Leicester tomorrow anyway so it seems a bit pointless to go back "home" for an evening and cuts out the travel time / fatigue from Saturday.

I'm sure the club knows best anyway!

I would have thought it would make sense to fly straight to the nearest available airport to Leicester today then stay in Leicester Fri and Sat night.

Presumably we are travelling up to Leicester tomorrow anyway so it seems a bit pointless to go back "home" for an evening and cuts out the travel time / fatigue from Saturday.

Do you remember we flew up on the day of a game once Leeds?? Were totally flat on that one.

Probably take longer driving up A34 than Israel flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure we will control Slimani he is a beast. Watched him during week and looks hard to play against

He does look impressive. They have some nice striker options:

- Vardy

- Slimani

- Musa

- Okazaki

- Ulloa

They've got something their for just about any option you'd want. Pace / Heading / Graft / Power.

It's a flight and a coach journey, not the Paris Dakar rally. 5 hours on what will basically be a business class private jet, drinking orange juice and watching Game of Thrones on an iPad shouldn't take that much out of them.

It's a flight and a coach journey, not the Paris Dakar rally. 5 hours on what will basically be a business class private jet, drinking orange juice and watching Game of Thrones on an iPad shouldn't take that much out of them.

I didn't say it was an arduous journey. Simply that I couldn't see the point in going home on Friday only to set off again on Sat. Maybe try to think about what you're reading in the future.

I didn't say it was an arduous journey. Simply that I couldn't see the point in going home on Friday only to set off again on Sat. Maybe try to think about what you're reading in the future.

Because, you know, they live there and stuff. Are they really going to feel better for spending 2 nights in a hotel in Leicester?

He does look impressive. They have some nice striker options:

- Vardy

- Slimani

- Musa

- Okazaki

- Ulloa

They've got something their for just about any option you'd want. Pace / Heading / Graft / Power.

Leicester have also had a tough midweek game, so I don't think we need to fear.