Artur Boruc

niemi14

Who were the hysterical tarts that claimed he should never play for this club again? I wonder if the mugs in the chapel that were getting so upset after bottlegate were applauding his performance yesterday?

Those Chapel wallies will be the lucky ones if we stay up.

Were we to go down, their hounding out the side of Boruc, leading to Gazza gaffes vs Swansea, Norwich etc would be the primary reason for relegation.

He still looks a bit of a liability in that sometimes he gives the impression of day dreaming And faffing about . look at the scousers shot into the side netting at the end. Also there was a camera on him at one stage on sky last night . His stomach blubber was there to see through his grey shirt . Still a class keeper though

My opinion

Confident to come for crosses and catch +

Shot stopping good +

One v one excellent +

Communication good +

Throwing OK +/-

Kicking poor -

Positioning sometimes wrong -

Loses concentration occasionally -

More pluses than minuses for me, a decent keeper overall. Niemi or Shilton he is not...

He still looks a bit of a liability in that sometimes he gives the impression of day dreaming And faffing about . look at the scousers shot into the side netting at the end. Also there was a camera on him at one stage on sky last night . His stomach blubber was there to see through his grey shirt . Still a class keeper though

Plus he appeared to be blowing very hard after he ran out to the touchline, cleared, then ran back into goal to save the long range shot back at him near the end :)

My opinion

Confident to come for crosses and catch +

Shot stopping good +

One v one excellent +

Communication good +

Throwing OK +/-

Kicking poor -

Positioning sometimes wrong -

Loses concentration occasionally -

More pluses than minuses for me, a decent keeper overall. Niemi or Shilton he is not...

Throwing is superb.

Kicking quite casual but doesnt really put us under any pressure.

It goes with his build I think, Viking.

after all he is about 6'4" (I think).... and so we can scarcely say - he's overweight..and I don't think he's the heaviest in the Prem. - is he ?

His mugging off of Suarez for his booking was first class. You could see the smirk on his face before Suarez started getting all eggy.

That did make me laugh too. Have to say, I was delighted when we signed Boruc, but he's getting better and better and will be/is becoming a cult hero. I have some weird man-feelings towards him ...

Agree 100% ...but of course it's also down to " the receiver" on the other end to do his part ...

It is, but the quick thinking makes it. Kelvin for example dithers for a few seconds before deciding what to do and by then players are marked.

Boruc nearly picked out Shaw with a throw to the halfway line yesterday which if he had reached it would have almost put him through. Numerous times he started quick attacks.

Slightly bizarrely he never ever kicks out of his hands and prefers to drop the ball and kick from the ground.

Boruc is he left or right footed?, yes his kicking as in distribution might not be the best but the way he seems comfortable to clear his lines either left or right foot is a big bonus in the modern game.

Also generally the ball tends to stick to him, unlike Hart, Cesar and the Muppet for Liverpool yesterday. He's more likely to catch than punch as well which kills the pressure on the team

He takes decisions which currently our defence needs, and I think his sheer size when facing attackers makes them think twice, great keeper but not a Shilts or Agent Nemni but certainly the best since then other than maybe Richard Wright

Was superb again yesterday, makes you think what the hell was Adkins doing playing Kelvin and Gazza earlier in the season. Must have cost us a good few points.

Adkins as overly loyal to KD and seemed to want nothing to do with Boruc. Cost him his job and us a place in the top half.

Boruc wasn't picked earlier in the season as he simply wasn't playing well enough to deserve it. There has never been doubt about his ability and how good he was at previous clubs, but you pick players based on performance not history. Early in the season he made some terrible mistakes and looked uneasy and lacking in confidence.

As well as he is playing now and as much as we all (I'm sure) hope he gets a longer-term deal, you can't simply re-write history and pretend this current form has been the norm all season.

I think Boruc was in the same shape in november. He is not and never will be what you would say a "fit" guy.

He´s got a big body and that serves him well. He needed time to get his legs going but that was probably there in november after two months of training. Equivalent to a preseason.....

Adkins wanted too much that Gazza would be the answer when he realized KD isn´t at the same level in this league.

Unfortunately that was a major mistake.

It goes with his build I think, Viking.

after all he is about 6'4" (I think).... and so we can scarcely say - he's overweight..and I don't think he's the heaviest in the Prem. - is he ?

I did notice he played this game with his shirt loose and not tucked into his shorts in the regulation manner. Now he might just be a naturally scruffy type, but a suspicious person might suspect that was because he wanted to disguise a huge beer belly.

They might think that - I couldn't possibly comment.

I'd just like to say I very much appreciated him reviving 2009's grey goalkeeper socks and breaking out last season's grey keeper shirt today as well. An unexpected bonus for my kit geekiness thanks presumably to Phil Dowd's refusal to let him wear all purple or (more sensibly) all black.

163801563-maya-yoshida-of-southampton-celebrates-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7Qe4cUV9AjCEqVMqH%2b2HKEMyI53pY4bYXr8CFijKyDYqW6Utca%2fs7WP3bxFycC0BSwQ%3d%3d

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxZwms7Yo7yoYEyyE0ph8AtF-CzHVizrBlWYRXW0-2C0KJAT_Nag

article-0-04646057000005DC-113_306x391.jpg

Socks! ^^^^

I play in this kit every week (socks included). It's my favourite from the last few years...

article-0-12D5610C000005DC-979_306x423.jpg

?type=articlePortrait

@SimonPeach: Mauricio Pochettino is hoping to tie Artur Boruc down to a new deal at #SaintsFC. "I'll be really pleased if he stays here," he told me.

@SimonPeach: "It's clear to me & the club that we're happy with Boruc," Poch said. "But those are negotiations that need to happen between club & player"

@SimonPeach: Mauricio Pochettino is hoping to tie Artur Boruc down to a new deal at #SaintsFC. "I'll be really pleased if he stays here," he told me.

@SimonPeach: "It's clear to me & the club that we're happy with Boruc," Poch said. "But those are negotiations that need to happen between club & player"

Awesome.

Now, next week, I want to see a tweet with a picture of Boruc and Poch smiling as he pens a new deal. Please.

Awesome.

Now, next week, I want to see a tweet with a picture of Boruc and Poch smiling as he pens a new deal. Please.

With the obligatory watch on show too.

He smacks himself in the head a good 3 or 4 times before each half. Absolute nutcase, good GK though.

With the obligatory watch on show too.

He smacks himself in the head a good 3 or 4 times before each half. Absolute nutcase, good GK though.

Hahaha! I absolutely love having him as our goalkeeper and was delighted we managed to get him. He really is a top, top goalkeeper.

And a headcase, which is also brilliant.

I'm sure the watch will be on show :)

BTW, has anyone seen any pictures of him winding up Suarez?

• 2 weeks later...
Think he took a knock to his head or ear in the first half. The fitness guy took a look at him and came back to the bench pointing to the side of his head. KD then started to warm up.

Sure that wasnt him meanng Boruc is a bit nuts?