New Home Shirt - do you like it?

stevegrant

Your opinion on the new home shirt...  

900 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion on the new home shirt...

• Like it, will buy it
    • Like it, but won't buy it
    • Don't like it, won't buy it
    • Don't like it, but will buy it anyway
    • Not bothered

Meh.

The away kit could have done with an iron before the photoshoot, look at the puckering on the V on Yoshi and Gaston's shirts, tch!

Poor show; it's one thing the club not being able to press the shirts in time, but surely they could have photoshopped them out when adding the sponsor logo?

the poll results are interesting nearly 59% don't like it or intend to buy it, good number of voters as a sample as well.

no doubt the club PR machine will claim its a record again like the attendance they made up.

the poll results are interesting nearly 59% don't like it or intend to buy it, good number of voters as a sample as well.

no doubt the club PR machine will claim its a record again like the attendance they made up.

Both shirts are nice but they're just not Saints for me.

Would have helped a lot if the home kit was the one with white shorts

Like I said a couple of posts back, if you look at the FIFA game they are playing its the new kit but with white shorts, wonder if that was the plan for a while ?

Yeah they're rubbish and would have done a rubbish template striped kit too no doubt but it's the club that dictate stripes etc. It's not a mistake as it won't impact performance and will probably sell well regardless, but there's no doubt Adidas are lazy in their designs. Same for countless clubs but we shouldn't be surprised it's all money over anything unique.

I a mate of mine works at Umbro and he says that firstly they hardly make any money out of supplying clubs with kits; secondly, unless we have the potential to sell as many kits as the likes of United, we get to choose from a few templates; thirdly the clubs say what design they want. Umbro have stepped back from football kits this season and i would imagine Adidas have been inundated by clubs to supply kits.

not much wrong with the new one as a kit but it's just a bit dull and once again way too similar the mid 80's liverpool efforts - although if we replicate their success i won't mind too much.

Yeah, noticed that after, so must have been done back in May. Surprised then that it really only leaked out yesterday.

The shirts the players are wearing in the video do NOT have a sponsor.

The reason it hasn't leaked until yesterday (disregarding the fact we have pretty much known it would look like this for weeks) is down to the whole nonsense with the sponsor.

All a bit weird really, why do the photoshoot with no sponsor, why photoshop the official release photos?

Maybe we will just photoshop everything from now on? Last minute equaliser against us? Just photoshop Borucs arm a bit to make it even longer and, look, he saved it. Lallana injured for six weeks? No worries, just photoshop him back into the starting line up. And so on.

My whelmed has been well and truly undered.

Total Dog Turd.

Those sleeves on the home kit are just so totally amateurish looking that it is embarrassing.

Gold Monochrome Club Badge - absolutely awlful. Christ knows what the backs will look like with presumably Gold numbers and players names.

It actually makes last years p!ss poor effort look nearly passable.

Total Dog Turd.

Those sleeves on the home kit are just so totally amateurish looking that it is embarrassing.

Gold Monochrome Club Badge - absolutely awlful. Christ knows what the backs will look like with presumably Gold numbers and players names.

This.

It's only for a season guys, calm down. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it.

Right, so if we want something less generic and more Saints-like next season, some of you need to be less sheep-like and NOT BUY IT.

Too many bit the bullet last season and bought the red kit, imo. Otherwise it wouldnt be so similar this season.

Really like the away kit. Very nice!

Home kit looks better on.

It's only for a season guys, calm down. If you don't like it you don't have to buy it.

But we have to watch our players wear it all season.

it just doesn't feel like watching Southampton FC.

Total Dog Turd.

Agreed.

But we have to watch our players wear it all season.

it just doesn't feel like watching Southampton FC.

if course, as we score the winner against liverpool, united and chelseas of the league. that will be in the front of your mind. That you dont feel like you are cheering a saints win?

The £50 price tag is a result of dealing with an international sports brand, their mission is to offer design, development, style, innovation and more sales outlets !

In this case they are taking advantage by using a basic template and adding our own badge and main sponsor, thereby cutting their costs !

TBF, we will probably sell more because of the 'brand awareness' and wider exposure but those who buy it are paying a premium price for a product that is no better than most standard high street items !

Also, don't be fooled by the 'moisture control' attributes etc.. they have mesh panels but basically it is a 100% polyester knitted fabric which makes you sweat in hot weather, however it is easy to wash and wear !

All in my (formerly professional) opinion of course !

Edited by eurosaint

if course, as we score the winner against liverpool, united and chelseas of the league. that will be in the front of your mind. That you dont feel like you are cheering a saints win?

Of course not .... but every time we let in a goal or lose a game, the bloody shirts are going to get the blame :D

Of course not .... but every time we let in a goal or lose a game, the bloody shirts are going to get the blame :D

thats more like the moaning saints we all know and love

when do you think the kit will first get the blame?

:D