The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Regardless of their league, Midtylland are not to be underestimated. Looking forward to it.

APOEL has been very unkind to Danish teams over the years, and while FCM did lose it in the home match, they were the first Danish team to get an away victory against APOEL. So they are able to put up a fight. Nonetheless, Saints is a firm favourite in this tie.

Their captain, Kristian Bach Bak, is a warrior and a leader but quite slow and prone to positional errors. He plays RB, so Mane/Tadic/etc. should target him for 180 minutes. He will bring us much joy ;)

The manager who finally brought them the championship last season (after several runners up medals) left them over the summer in a dispute with Benham and others. The succesor is the former Danish U21-coach, whom many felt underachieved in the U21 EC this summer where Denmark lost to Sweden in the semifinals with a team potentially strong enough to win the tournament. Fair to say that the jury is very much out on this new manager - can he pick up the reins from his predecessor?

Midtjylland is a fusion club between Ikast and Herning. Home stadium is in Herning.

They won the Danish Leauge last year and have a very good Academy policy like Saints.

Flights into Copenhagen with trains running to Herning

Is there a chance that they will play in Copenhagen to cash in? Is there a history of this in Denmark?

Is there a chance that they will play in Copenhagen to cash in? Is there a history of this in Denmark?

I'm quite sure this won't happen. If it does, they can go to Århus, where the stadium has a 19,433 capacity. But I would be extremely surprised if they left their fortress for a few extra bob...

europa_league_draw.JPG

There are some bloody tasty teams in that draw - Ajax, St Etienne, Fenerbahce, Borussia Dortmund, Sparta Prague. And this is only the play-off round before the likes of the Dippers and the Spuds come in.

I know some of them are not the force they used to be, but this is not a mickey mouse competition. You need to be a good side to win this, and it's a prestigious competition worth winning.

Tim Sparv@TimSparv

Southampton FC was the club that gave me the best football education one could wish for. It shaped me as a player and as a person.

I remember seeing him play for the youth team against Norwich one rainy day years ago in Norwich, I though he was one of the players most likely to make it through to the first team (along with midfielder Anderson (?)).

Good to see that he's positive about his time with us.

Their manager has noted that we take the competition seriously: (Danish news: http://www.bold.dk/nyt/thorup-det-ser-ikke-nemt-ud_2)

- "English teams have traditionally not really been able to decide how to approach this tournament, but I have been following the communications of Ronald Koeman. They are taking this tournament seriously so we cannot expect any help from them. We need to play to very good matches, and then some, to be even close to having a chance", the manager states.

What we thinking then, 1000 tickets at most?

I'm delighted the away leg is second. Having to miss Vitesse was tough!

According to wikipedia, their capacity for matches with no standing is only 9500. And we are only entitled to 5% of that? :mcinnes:

I'm quite sure this won't happen. If it does, they can go to Århus, where the stadium has a 19,433 capacity. But I would be extremely surprised if they left their fortress for a few extra bob...

Thanks, clutching at straws really! approx 500 tickets then. Probably have to be a sponsor/corporate to get tickets.

Thanks, clutching at straws really! approx 500 tickets then. Probably have to be a sponsor/corporate to get tickets.

Hopefully then we get 500 over there that want to get involved.

Newer stadium than St Mary's, tight ground should produce a good atmosphere but looks to be in the middle of nowhere!

Even just 500 should be able to make their presence felt and looks like they've got their Ultras.

30iak2t.jpg

Can't work out where the aways are put?

Meget godt!

I have been to Denmark many times and it would be good to go there again. I see a road trip coming on with a few days taking the Mrs up the north at Skagen. It's a pity the Esbjerg ferry has stopped because it's a day's drive from the Hook of Holland. I have driven it from Chandlers Ford in one day a couple of times but I was younger then. What do we reckon are the chances of an away ticket?

Lucky boy, my mrs won't let me!

Don't think I can risk pricey flights with such a low probable ticket allocation. Very different from Arnhem and, if the same criteria are used I guess you'll need to have done 14 aways last season plus Vitesse to have a chance.

So going to wait and see then gamble on getting flights. From up North may be a better chance.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

For what it's worth, for those of you with a chance of getting a match ticket, I noticed that at least Easy Jet's prices (to AMS) leapt up in the hours just after the Vitesse draw was made, and by the next day it had to quite a signifcant extent slipped back. It all depends on the automated algorithm they use to determine the price, and this afternoon their software may be looking to cash in on the spike..

Although demand is high the capacity and competition to Copenhagen from London is intense; London is by far Copenhagen's most popular flight destination. Easy Jet and Norwegian have been slugging it out for the last 7 years and now there is also a new battle beween EasyJet and new-to-Copenhagen Ryanair (jokers) from Luton.

EasyJet also have flights from Bristol to Copenhagen some days. Very occasionaly SAS and BA from LHR offer good fares; worth checking for completeness.

Next tip: Train Copenhagen Airport or Central to Herning may be quite pricey There is a fast bus to various paces in Jutland, including Herning, or Aarhus, from Copenhagen (both the Airport and the inner suburb of Valby (10 mins from centre): http://www.linie888.dk .

Booked with Norwegian from Gatwick to Copenhagen, rectified the mistake I'm now feeling the effects of today after getting the early flight out yesterday morning and the early flight back this morning, and then going to work :spaz:

Out Wednesday evening, back Friday evening. £105 return.

Then booked trains from Copenhagen to Herning at 10:00 on the Thursday, arrives just after 14:00, hotel is right next to the station, ground looks like it's about 1km from there. Train back to Copenhagen airport at 12ish. The big financial hit is the hotels though, very little available for less than £100 a night :wave:

Booked with Norwegian from Gatwick to Copenhagen, rectified the mistake I'm now feeling the effects of today after getting the early flight out yesterday morning and the early flight back this morning, and then going to work :spaz:

Out Wednesday evening, back Friday evening. £105 return.

Then booked trains from Copenhagen to Herning at 10:00 on the Thursday, arrives just after 14:00, hotel is right next to the station, ground looks like it's about 1km from there. Train back to Copenhagen airport at 12ish. The big financial hit is the hotels though, very little available for less than £100 a night :wave:

I'm also flying into Copenhagen on the Weds morning, flying back Saturday morning, luckily I have family there so hopefully won't have to suffer the cost of a hotel.

How much was your train and where did you book? Are you getting the train straight after the game or stopping in a hotel in Herning on the Thursday night?

How much was your train and where did you book? Are you getting the train straight after the game or stopping in a hotel in Herning on the Thursday night?

Train was about £40 each way including a seat reservation for the longest part of the journey. Not cheap, but it's the equivalent of buying a return from King's Cross to Newcastle at three weeks notice, so not that bad in that context.

Stopping in Herning on the Thursday night, no idea whether there was an overnight return train option, to be honest. Herning's much cheaper than Copenhagen anyway :lol:

Booking website http://www.dsb.dk :thumbup:

Train was about £40 each way including a seat reservation for the longest part of the journey. Not cheap, but it's the equivalent of buying a return from King's Cross to Newcastle at three weeks notice, so not that bad in that context.

Stopping in Herning on the Thursday night, no idea whether there was an overnight return train option, to be honest. Herning's much cheaper than Copenhagen anyway :lol:

Booking website http://www.dsb.dk :thumbup:

Cheers pal. Will look to jump on the same train as you. will also look to stay in Herning on the Thursday night, there is an overnight train, but think i'd rather stay in a hotel, cheers.

I'm a Saints fan from Denmark, but i have to state (As a FC Copenhagen-supporter) that i ******* hate FC Midtjylland. With that being said I must admit that they are quite a good team for danish standards, but I still believe in a comfortable win. As one mentioned, Pione Sisto is their obvious star, who I actually recomended previously on a forum on Saintsweb. He is fast a ****, with a great technique and is with no doubt a serious threat, especially with his long-range shots.

For you guys who are ecstatic about the draw, I have to be a bit of a party-pooper and say that Herning is a city that is made fun of in Denmark. There is absolutely nothing in Herning worth mentioning, but personally I am very excited about the draw, now that i finally can get to watch the Saints.

Between the FC Midtjylland-critics they go by the name FC MidtAfrika, due to their large amount of Africans. They have a breeding club in Nigeria called Ebedei, so they have quite a lot of Nigerians. Two of those have just been sold to Russian clubs (Izunna Uzochukwu and Sylvester Igboun), but they have already brought in replacements in Royer and also the Aussie Awer Mabil. The latter was quite a surprise for me, as i see him as a young lad who could have been a prospect for clubs in bigger leagues, but he have not been playing for them yet, due to some paperwork with his work permit I think.

Also I would highlight Kristian Bach Bak, Erik Sviatchenko and Morten Duncan Rasmussen, but in general their team containes a fairly big amount of quality.

But if anybody have some questions about FC Midtjylland, I can hopefully provide the answers.

Falkengulle

Cheers Gulle.

How will you go about getting tickets, won't you have to be affiliated to Midtjylland to get one? What sort of attendances do they normally attract and are they likely to offer us more than the usual 5%, do you know?

I'm not quite sure that I get the part with attendances? If they are violent or? What i can say, is that it is a fairly new club, so in Denmark we often talk about their lack of fan culture. It was certainly not all fans of Herning Fremad and Ikast FC who were pleased when they were merged, so a lot of them did not bother to follow their new club, FC Midtjylland. Regarding the 5%, I dont know yet, but on the clubs official homepage it says " FC Midtjylland is ready with information about ticket sales for our home game August 27 on Monday. However, predetermined it is that season card holders will receive priority in purchasing tickets. The capacity of the MCH Arena is good 9,700 spectators for the European showdown." (Google translate)

So hopefully i can provide further ticket information on monday.

I'm not quite sure that I get the part with attendances? If they are violent or? What i can say, is that it is a fairly new club, so in Denmark we often talk about their lack of fan culture. It was certainly not all fans of Herning Fremad and Ikast FC who were pleased when they were merged, so a lot of them did not bother to follow their new club, FC Midtjylland. Regarding the 5%, I dont know yet, but on the clubs official homepage it says " FC Midtjylland is ready with information about ticket sales for our home game August 27 on Monday. However, predetermined it is that season card holders will receive priority in purchasing tickets. The capacity of the MCH Arena is good 9,700 spectators for the European showdown." (Google translate)

So hopefully i can provide further ticket information on monday.

Hej Gulle,

By 'what sort of attendance' we normally mean the number of people who attend (spectate) at the games, so we talk about the 'average attendance' and so on, not 'what type of people attend the game'.

Møjn

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})