Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1017

Thread: Sam Gallagher - Joins Blackburn: Official

Quote Originally Posted by verlaine1979 View Post
    Agreed on the Austin front - his lack of mobility is just too big an impediment these days. As for whether Long played into form or luck, 20% of his season goal tally was down to Kaspar Schmeichel diverting a shot bound for the corner flag into his own net, so I'm sticking with luck.
    Not to mention his:
    Daisy cutter hit tamely at the keeper vs Bournemouth, which went in off a big deflection.
    Shinning a ball at an awkward angle in a corner melee, to deflect it past Wolves keeper
    Catching Cathcart asleep 7 seconds into the Watford game. Fair play for chasing him down but it was a defensive bowler.

I’m with you, he was lucky more than anything and missed plenty of easy chances in the same period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Not to mention his:
    Daisy cutter hit tamely at the keeper vs Bournemouth, which went in off a big deflection.
    Shinning a ball at an awkward angle in a corner melee, to deflect it past Wolves keeper
    Catching Cathcart asleep 7 seconds into the Watford game. Fair play for chasing him down but it was a defensive bowler.

I’m with you, he was lucky more than anything and missed plenty of easy chances in the same period.
    The harder you train the luckier you get!

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Without a Halo View Post
    The harder you train the luckier you get!
    Then I can only assume he hadn’t turned up to training for three years prior to that.

4. Default

Unless Wigan have come into some cash recently, the fee for Sam can’t be that big.

They haven’t spent big for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
    Unless Wigan have come into some cash recently, the fee for Sam can’t be that big.

They haven’t spent big for some time.
    They sold Grigg in Jan to Sunderland didn’t they.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Not to mention his:

Come on....even that was a nice calm finish even if you don't think he is any good

Quote Originally Posted by Baird of the land View Post
    They sold Grigg in Jan to Sunderland didn’t they.
    Didnt they also just sell Nick Powell to Stoke

Edit - Think it was a free transfer

Fighting Messageboard injustice, Everywhere

Quote Originally Posted by skintsaint View Post
    Come on....even that was a nice calm finish even if you don't think he is any good
    And his finish at Anfield in the Semi at the end of a lung busting run was great. In fact he has scored some really good goals, a sort of latter day Darren Huckerby - scored some great goals without being a great goal scorer. Remarkably similar scoring record actually of circa one in four.

9. Default

Blackburn bid expected today.

BLACKBURN SET FOR GALLAGHER BID

Blackburn are expected to submit a formal bid for Southampton’s Sam Gallagher today, Sky Sports News understands.

We revealed that Blackburn have been in talks with the Saints since last week – but there is also interest from Wigan.

Southampton want a deal of around £5m for the former England U20 striker, who spent last season on loan at Birmingham City.

£5m would be a good deal for Blackburn for sure.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Garrett View Post
    £5m would be a good deal for Blackburn for sure.
    Big sell-on clause attached, I hope.

Medals, Trophy Lallana can also earn at Southampton- Andy Durman 16/05/14
    Blog Entries

Hoping for at least 7.

5 mill when not even great players go for 30/40/50?! Seems very underpriced for a promising young player

14. Default

Well, he seems to pick up a lot of hamstring and knee/ankle injuries which will probably get more frequent as he gets older, so I don't think £5m is a bad deal if it shifts his alleged £50k/week wages of the bill.

He's a big guy who can run pretty quick, that can put a lot of strain on your joints.

He's probably on 30k a week as well, might need the funds for our next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Hoping for at least 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by disconnect View Post
    5 mill when not even great players go for 30/40/50?! Seems very underpriced for a promising young player
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    “without getting an opportunity”

He had enough of those to demonstrate that he wasn’t up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    Some ‘Happy Clappy’ rose tinted glasses on here with regards to Gallagher’s ability.
    He is at best a championship player and by quite a distance not good enough for us.
    If the consensus is he’s not a PL player, which Championship teams can afford to pay over £5m for him? Not many I’d wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Faz View Post
    If the consensus is he’s not a PL player, which Championship teams can afford to pay over £5m for him? Not many I’d wager.
    Outside of Leeds/Fulham/Boro/Derby I would agree. I know Stephens came from Plymouth but did Sam (born in Credition) come from Plymouth as well? They would be due a % I would have thought if both leave Saints.

Surprised Cedric hasn’t been on the move yet out of all the players expected to move.

Quote Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
    Hoping for at least 7.
    Quote Originally Posted by disconnect View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey Grandad View Post
    “without getting an opportunity”

He had enough of those to demonstrate that he wasn’t up to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by captainchris View Post
    Some ‘Happy Clappy’ rose tinted glasses on here with regards to Gallagher’s ability.
    He is at best a championship player and by quite a distance not good enough for us.

[QUOTE=saint1977;2743733]Outside of Leeds/Fulham/Boro/Derby I would agree. I know Stephens came from Plymouth but did Sam (born in Credition) come from Plymouth as well? They would be due a % I would have thought if both leave Saints.

Sam did come from Plymouth.

20. Default

Wigan bid made?

@reluctantnicko: WIGAN. Clear to speak to Sam Gallagher by SOUTHAMPTON. 5m fee. Big attempt. BLACKBURN may match. Looks too high for BRENTFORD's valuation.

That looks like a Tweet by Donald Trump if he was a football journalist!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    Outside of Leeds/Fulham/Boro/Derby I would agree. I know Stephens came from Plymouth but did Sam (born in Credition) come from Plymouth as well? They would be due a % I would have thought if both leave Saints.
    Solidarity payments apply only up until the season where a player reaches the age of 23. Sam is already 23 (nearly 24), Stephens is 25. Don't think Plymouth will be owed anything if either move on for a fee, at least from a solidarity/training comensation perspective. Of course there could be a transfer fee % in their contract, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Solidarity payments apply only up until the season where a player reaches the age of 23. Sam is already 23 (nearly 24), Stephens is 25. Don't think Plymouth will be owed anything if either move on for a fee, at least from a solidarity/training comensation perspective. Of course there could be a transfer fee % in their contract, who knows.
    Thanks for clarifying Vectis. It makes sense in terms of the £5m fee.

Wish Sam well whatever option he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by VectisSaint View Post
    Solidarity payments apply only up until the season where a player reaches the age of 23. Sam is already 23 (nearly 24), Stephens is 25. Don't think Plymouth will be owed anything if either move on for a fee, at least from a solidarity/training compensation perspective. Of course there could be a transfer fee % in their contract, who knows.
    That is not true, for example Saints would get a FIFA solidarity payment if Gareth Bale for example was sold this summer even though he is 29 years old.

5% of all transfer fees is divided up to all the clubs who trained the player from the season of their 12th birthday and the season of their 23rd birthday. It is 0.25% for each season from 12 to 15 years old and 0.5% for each season from 16 up to 23 years old.

Additionally Plymouth do have a sell on clause for both Gallagher and Stephens.

So if the fee is £5M we'll raise enough funds to cover Forster and Carillo's wages for a couple of months

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Le God View Post
    That is not true, for example Saints would get a FIFA solidarity payment if Gareth Bale for example was sold this summer even though he is 29 years old.

5% of all transfer fees is divided up to all the clubs who trained the player from the season of their 12th birthday and the season of their 23rd birthday. It is 0.25% for each season from 12 to 15 years old and 0.5% for each season from 16 up to 23 years old.

Additionally Plymouth do have a sell on clause for both Gallagher and Stephens.
    Nope, you are wrong. FIFA solidarity payments end when a player reaches his 23rd birthday (or at the end of the season he turns 23) unless the transfer is between different national associations (hence Bale would still be covered if he moves away from Spain). Unless Gallagher or Stephens move to a foreign club (Inc Scotland) there is no Solidarity fee.
    I said Stephens and Gallagher may have clauses in their contracts, so agree there, not sure how you would know, are you party to their contract details?

Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    So if the fee is £5M we'll raise enough funds to cover Forster and Carillo's wages for a couple of months
    Plus the wages - even the fringe players seem to be on silly money. Agree that Les did enormous damage, no idea what the hell he was doing in his last couple of seasons.

Apparently Wigan out of the running, fee and wages too much. Blackburn have a clear run (via Alan Nixon).

Quote Originally Posted by saint1977 View Post
    Plus the wages - even the fringe players seem to be on silly money. Agree that Les did enormous damage, no idea what the hell he was doing in his last couple of seasons.
    There was no one like NC to control him and when there was, fans didn't like that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellman View Post
    There was no one like NC to control him and when there was, fans didn't like that either.
    One thing NC did not do was control spending.

Should complete his move to Blackburn this weekend

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/st...835190784?s=19

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

32. Default

Quote Originally Posted by jasoneuelllfanclub View Post
    Should complete his move to Blackburn this weekend

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/st...835190784?s=19
    Good spot.

@SamWallaceTel: Southampton striker Sam Gallagher’s protracted move to Blackburn Rovers should go through this weekend. £5m a good price for Saints, who are trimming squad before further signings
    The big question is, is anyone else anywhere close to leaving?

Decent move for Sam & money for Saints. Hope he can kick on with first team football for them.

34. Default

On the yellow ticker at SSN now- Sky Sources: Blackburn agree fee with Southampton for striker Sam Gallagher.

So that will free up £40,000 pw wages which should be good enough to bring in a half decent CB from abroad :-)

36. Default

We don't know the terms of the deal yet. We expect a £5M sale, but payable over instalments? Wages - will we have to make a contribution, as I'm not sure Blackburn will be keen to pay him £40k a week.
    Be careful with phrases like "freeing up £40k wages". Let's see the terms of the deal for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    So that will free up £40,000 pw wages which should be good enough to bring in a half decent CB from abroad :-)
    Way off in your wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzhugh Fella View Post
    Way off in your wages.
    Don’t tell me he’s on £60k

39. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Toadhall Saint View Post
    Don’t tell me he’s on £60k
    I'd guess 20k / 25k.

Quote Originally Posted by magnet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzhugh Fella View Post
    Way off in your wages.
    I don't know what his wages are / were, but I was listening to Simon Jordan on TalkSport a couple of months ago and he was saying that Birmingham City were actually paying him more than we were!

if you believe the Mirror then he is on £10k a week at Saints. Birmingham paid him £18k a week, plus a £1.2m loan fee to Saints. Red****s Birmingham also paid £200k fee to the agent to broker the deal.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-loan-11060633

if you believe the Daily Mail then he is on £22k a week at Saints. Birmingham paid him £30k a week, plus a £1m+ loan fee to Saints.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gham-loan.html

if you believe HITC then he is on £24k a week
    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/1...ld-united-and/

if you believe Sportrac he earns £40k a week
    https://www.spotrac.com/epl/southampton-f.c/payroll/

Quote Originally Posted by Chez View Post
    if you believe the Mirror then he is on £10k a week at Saints. Birmingham paid him £18k a week, plus a £1.2m loan fee to Saints. Red****s Birmingham also paid £200k fee to the agent to broker the deal.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...-loan-11060633

if you believe the Daily Mail then he is on £22k a week at Saints. Birmingham paid him £30k a week, plus a £1m+ loan fee to Saints.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...gham-loan.html

if you believe HITC then he is on £24k a week
    https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/07/1...ld-united-and/

if you believe Sportrac he earns £40k a week
    https://www.spotrac.com/epl/southampton-f.c/payroll/
    Shall we have a poll

Done deal. Good luck Sammy G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage_Face View Post
    Done deal. Good luck Sammy G

Made any Kenyan shillings off it?
    Last edited by shurlock; 12-07-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Good Luck Sam. I think we've done well to get the mooted £5 million off them, especially if there's a sell-on. I wanted him to break through, like a homemade Peter Crouch, but it never really happened for him.

I think we're doing the right thing selling off the older 'youth' players that will almost definitely get no gametime. Make a bit of money and free up wages and space in the squad. Let's hope we get a few more sales under our belts sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by shurlock View Post
    Made any Kenyan shillings off it?
    Not on this one. However could get some nice Wonga if Lemina goes abroad....

Medical passed according to Sky

yep, good bye Sam god luck for future.

Has officially signed for Blackburn Rovers on a four-year deal: https://twitter.com/Rovers/status/1150072392196218880