Other Premier League Transfers - Deadline Day

Lighthouse

I can't see this being, even close to, true but I would **** myself if it happened :lol:

Reds forward Sadio Mane has emerged as a new target for Italian giants Inter Milan with the club expecting to bid £35m for the 25-year-old.(Daily Express)

Please, please go on strike to secure that move Sadio!

Seems Klopp doesn't like it when others want to sign his best players

Liverpool 'reject £89million bid for Philippe Coutinho' as Jurgen Klopp insists Brazilian will not be sold

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/news/liverpool-reject-%C2%A389million-bid-for-philippe-coutinho-as-jurgen-klopp-insists-brazilian-will-not-be-sold/ar-AApeCnN?li=AA572I&ocid=spartandhp

Man City have inserted a 50M buyback clause in the sale of Iheanacho to Leicester:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/01/man-city-insist-50m-buy-back-option-kelechi-iheanacho-moves/

Fab signing for Leicester. He will do well, and Leicester will double their money. Eveyone's a winner :)

I really really wish we had gone for him - an upgrade on all our forwards bar gabbiadini, who is a different style anyway.

Man City have inserted a 50M buyback clause in the sale of Iheanacho to Leicester:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/01/man-city-insist-50m-buy-back-option-kelechi-iheanacho-moves/

When a buyback is pretty high and considerably higher than the initial price, it shouldn't be a deterrent to the signing. Hopefully that's not the reason we weren't interested.

When a buyback is pretty high and considerably higher than the initial price, it shouldn't be a deterrent to the signing. Hopefully that's not the reason we weren't interested.

yes I assumed clubs reluctance to sign him was because the buy back clause was going to be stupidly lowl but at double what you paid it seems like a no brainer.

Yep, pretty much what I was saying all along - I think most business men would be happy to double their money for a potential glorified loan (FWIW the buy back clause will be seen more often in the PL, IMO).

I think he's a great player and will have a good season this year.

So, Dembele of Dortmund was involved in a training ground bust-up. Being cynical, I immediately wondered which club was after him.

An Independent report today indicates that he his Barca's real Neymar replacement target.

That explains that then, but the Mail thinks that Barca will offer Liverpool £100M for Coutinho.

WEST BROM STILL IN GIBSON TALKS

Sky sources are telling us West Brom remain in talks over the possible signing of Middlesbrough defender Ben Gibson.

They've have two bids rejected in this window including one worth £20m. It is thought Boro are holding out for closer to £25m.

I'd say strikers is the least of our worries with Gabbi/Austin. We need a strong AM and a new GK.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

So, Dembele of Dortmund was involved in a training ground bust-up. Being cynical, I immediately wondered which club was after him.

An Independent report today indicates that he his Barca's real Neymar replacement target.

That explains that then, but the Mail thinks that Barca will offer Liverpool £100M for Coutinho.

Barca might not need a replacement still, the Spanish League have refused PSG/Qatar's doubtful money this morning..

This whole Neymar situation will show exactly how player power rules the world. Even though this is against every Fifa/Uefa/Spanish regulation out there, I bet you it still happens as Neymar forces it through.

Oh it'll happen alright and eveybody will know that if you have enough money and clout the FFP rules are worth squat because you can always get round them by being even slightly devious, big commercial contract with one of your friends and sort it out with him in the Caiman Islands afterwards.

I'd say strikers is the least of our worries with Gabbi/Austin. We need a strong AM and a new GK.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

True, as I alluded to, I'm hopeful that the reason we didn't go for Iheanacho is that we have more pressing issues elsewhere. Agree on GK but you need to get over that one, it ain't happening!

I'd take a CM/mobile DM over AM if I had to choose one, but agree we could also do with a more attacking player in there.

Only Begovic is a decent signing IMO.

Defoe had a dreadful end to the season and giving him a three year contract on those wages is terrible business.

Aké is decent but costs a lot of money. They signed Ibe from Liverpool last season for a similar amount and he flopped.

Big money does not equal success.

Defoe had a dreadful end to the season and giving him a three year contract on those wages is terrible business.

Aké is decent but costs a lot of money. They signed Ibe from Liverpool last season for a similar amount and he flopped.

£20m is not 'big money' anymore.

Hard to judge Defoe in that pile of a team that was Sunderland. Most thought his career had long gone several years ago but he consistently bangs in goals year after year. Do you think our strikers will out-score him this season?

Hard to judge Defoe in that pile of a team that was Sunderland. Most thought his career had long gone several years ago but he consistently bangs in goals year after year. Do you think our strikers will out-score him this season?

If Austin stays fit, yes. Gabbiadini too.

I just don't get this obsession with Bournemouth. The only player in their team who would really improve us is King, and it's a shame we're not going for him.

People get so jealous of other team's signings every summer, with little regard for what we have here. Maybe Bournemouth just need more players than us? They had a good season for them and still finished below us when we had most our players massively underperforming.

Maybe we'd go for Defoe if we didn't have Austin or Gabbiadini. We made our big striker investment in January, should we give up on that now? Ihaenacho is a pretty decent player but again, we signed Gabbiadini. Can't sign endless players, I'm sure plenty were jealous of us signing him in January. Far important to get him playing well and scoring than to look enviously at other team's signings just because they're new. And that's all it is really, shiny new toys.

Our weak areas are CB and DM. Everyone can see it. Signings elsewhere aren't important. Especially if it's players like Ings. I hope that one isn't true because going for another striker who won't start isn't the way to move forward. Enough with the back up players, sign some extra quality for the spine of the team.

I agree with that Adrian; 2 or 3 quality signings straight for the first XI, no more squad filler. Sooner the better as well and I would imagine MP has a better idea now of where they are needed. Let's hope he is stronger than Puel was in standing up to Wilson and Reed with what he needs. More savvy with the press and has better command of the language. Can't see MP being a patsy if he isn't getting what he needs.

I just don't get this obsession with Bournemouth. The only player in their team who would really improve us is King, and it's a shame we're not going for him.

AFCB finished on same points as us last season... With just one player that would improve us?

At the same time you say Puel did a fantastic job and you dont rate Eddie Howe??

Oh it'll happen alright and eveybody will know that if you have enough money and clout the FFP rules are worth squat because you can always get round them by being even slightly devious, big commercial contract with one of your friends and sort it out with him in the Caiman Islands afterwards.

And it happend. As expected.

Apparently, this is all hear-say, but rumour has it that a Qatar source paid Neymar's representatives, who have then in turn paid Barcelona - the fee won't actually be seen as coming from PSG. Nasty, ugly, unfair world of football.

AFCB finished on same points as us last season... With just one player that would improve us?

At the same time you say Puel did a fantastic job and you dont rate Eddie Howe??

We went there and played them off the park. Most of our players would walk into their first team squad.

We went there and played them off the park. Most of our players would walk into their first team squad.

We were lucky to leave with a point here though.

FWIW Begovic, Ake and King would walk into our team imo. Maybe even Harry Arter considering how poor our CM options are.

We signed Gabbiadini in January. If we hadn't, maybe we'd have gone for Ihaenacho. We can't have everyone. Lot of moaning seems to be based around the fact we did our striker investment in January rather than now. Can't have all the new toys all the time.

I agree. We clearly do not need a striker. I think Gabbiadini is class and Austin is good for his share.

We clearly need (and have for a year) a starting standard DM and probably the same for a CB (two if VvD never plays for us again)

See these are the sort of player sales I could live with.

Really? I rate Poch. a better judge of a footballer than the people who shed Boruc for Forster and continue to play Forster despite repeated major flaws in his game. If we ever get Mcarthy fit, I'd be happy with him with Gazza as the back up!

I think people are forgetting that we are just a "stepping stone" club, we should be expecting this types of transfers (Cuco to Everton and Gazza to Spurs). Gardos to PSG will no doubt be next. (I blame Les).

Really? I rate Poch. a better judge of a footballer than the people who shed Boruc for Forster and continue to play Forster despite repeated major flaws in his game. If we ever get Mcarthy fit, I'd be happy with him with Gazza as the back up!

If Gazza had any future here he would of made some impact by now the buying of Mcarthy showed how much the club rated Gazza. I'd be quite happy if we can flog of a bit more of the dead wood in the squad to Clasie, Long, Gardos, Targett, Taylor, Forster and JWP I wouldn't shed a tear to see the back of any of them if they were replaced with better.

If Gazza had any future here he would of made some impact by now the buying of Mcarthy showed how much the club rated Gazza. I'd be quite happy if we can flog of a bit more of the dead wood in the squad to Clasie, Long, Gardos, Targett, Taylor, Forster and JWP I wouldn't shed a tear to see the back of any of them if they were replaced with better.

Talking of McCarthy, has he died?

I hate the way our club just brush 'bad injuries' under the carpet. We never really knew what was up with him last year, he just disappeared. Seemingly it has happened again.

Just seen Ronald on SSN saying they want 3 more players.

Left-sided centre-back is included in their wish list, so Hoedt is possibly on their list.

Wouldn't be surprised if they went for Martins Indi if he hasn't signed for Stoke permanently

Without Lukaku, they have zero pace up front. Rooney will be a disaster for them.

Id prefer you to tip Everton for greatness as youre predictions are so terrible Everton and Rooney will probably now have a great season.

I hope Everton do fail miserably but fear even with the wholesale changes, europe and Barklay uncertainty they'll still finish above us again this season.

Koeman is a top manager anf had us ticking the season he took over and we had just made similar amount of transfers.

CHADLI TO SWANSEA?

Swansea are interested in signing West Brom's Nacer Chadli, according to Sky sources.

However, we are told West Brom are reluctant sellers.

Swansea unlikely to sanction any deal until a Gylfi Sigurdsson’s future is sorted.