How Will It Happen

Gemmel

Assuming that things stay to plan and the deal is actually concluded by Friday, what is the process for informing the outside world?

Would the LSE need to be told first of all, or the FA? Will we get a big press conference or just press release to all the newswires etc?

After today we have two working days, so (fingers crossed) they must be pretty close.

Excited but still nervous at this end - Surley nothing can go wrong this time

Assuming that things stay to plan and the deal is actually concluded by Friday, what is the process for informing the outside world?Would the LSE need to be told first of all, or the FA? Will we get a big press conference or just press release to all the newswires etc?

After today we have two working days, so (fingers crossed) they must be pretty close.

.... White smoke will billow from both Fawley Refinery, and the Civic Centre Clock ...........

Wouldn't "they" have had to file list of directors, or suchlike, with the relevant authorities by now? Not sure how 'public domain' such information is before any formal announcment is made. Perhaps a trawl of companies house or similar public database might hold a clue or two?

I think we should all prepare ourselves to get no news by Friday. At the start of this process I called for the club to at least do regular updates - say each Friday - if nothing else but to manage expectations. Instead we have had nothing, so the speculation, idle gossip, misinformation and so all has got to fever pitch. And thus the pressure cooker on here will explode if nothing by Friday (which is only a guideline, as I understand it). Such is the way of supporting Saints for the past 10 years or so, its communications skills are pretty awful and unprofessional. The club underestimates this. I'm telling myself that nothing will happen by Friday. If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Such are the benefits available to the pessimist!

I think we should all prepare ourselves to get no news by Friday. At the start of this process I called for the club to at least do regular updates - say each Friday - if nothing else but to manage expectations. Instead we have had nothing, so the speculation, idle gossip, misinformation and so all has got to fever pitch. And thus the pressure cooker on here will explode if nothing by Friday (which is only a guideline, as I understand it). Such is the way of supporting Saints for the past 10 years or so, its communications skills are pretty awful and unprofessional. The club underestimates this. I'm telling myself that nothing will happen by Friday. If it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Such are the benefits available to the pessimist!

A quite brilliant summary of how the fans have, and sadly continue, to be treated.... Known in the trade as the 'mushroom syndrome' (keep in the dark and feed ****e!). One of Pinnacles first goal must be to improve the communications with the fan base and to re connect with the supporters. Hence we need to get MW's one good idea of afans parliament back on track.... I know he was only stealing it from wolves or somewhere but it needs to become a reality.

There will be a ritual flogging of R Lowe just in front of the Bargate. Francis Benali will then throw a Bhuna at him, along with a half-eaten pizza he shared with MLT last night.

What a ridiculous post .......... Everybody knows MLT does not leave half a pizza ......:D

What a ridiculous post .......... Everybody knows MLT does not leave half a pizza ......:D

GPWM (good point well made)

Let's make it the pizza box, innit, which he will curl into the top corner of Rupert's smug little grin from a full 30 yards. Then Hoddle still won't pick him.

Assuming that things stay to plan and the deal is actually concluded by Friday, what is the process for informing the outside world?

Would the LSE need to be told first of all, or the FA? Will we get a big press conference or just press release to all the newswires etc?

I don't think either the LSE or the FA give a tinkers cuss. The takeover will be of the Football Club Ltd, not the plc, so the LSE doesn't care too much (unless you meant the London School of Economics of course. Also the Football League are rather more interested in the outcome rather than the FA, since we are afflilated to the FL, and one of their members.

I actually doubt that much will happen Friday, since it may go right to the end of the day and even into the weekend. There will probably be a press conference on Monday, either for the new owners to announce the deal is complete or for Fry to announce the winding up of the Club.

A quite brilliant summary of how the fans have, and sadly continue, to be treated.... Known in the trade as the 'mushroom syndrome' (keep in the dark and feed ****e!). One of Pinnacles first goal must be to improve the communications with the fan base and to re connect with the supporters. Hence we need to get MW's one good idea of afans parliament back on track.... I know he was only stealing it from wolves or somewhere but it needs to become a reality.
"Brilliant" is probably overstating it a little!......and thanks for clarifying the term "mushroom syndrome" for those born yesterday :-)

I think the assets are sold then the company is wound up and if anything left after debts paid will go to shareholders. This may well be the first announcement together with the date of a press conference..

I think the assets are sold then the company is wound up and if anything left after debts paid will go to shareholders. This may well be the first announcement together with the date of a press conference..

I've heard that Rupert, Michael and Guy will be there holding little bowls out for the last of the scraps !

Shame, eh ???

I don't think either the LSE or the FA give a tinkers cuss. The takeover will be of the Football Club Ltd, not the plc, so the LSE doesn't care too much (unless you meant the London School of Economics of course. Also the Football League are rather more interested in the outcome rather than the FA, since we are afflilated to the FL, and one of their members.

I thought they were buying the PLC and and assets, including the club, then disposing of the PLC.

Not that I know anything about business. :smt046

I thought they were buying the PLC and and assets, including the club, then disposing of the PLC.

Not that I know anything about business. :smt046

I think the PLC will be liquidated. There is no point in buying the shareholding.

The Administrator will just sell the assets take his cut and pay off the debts. I doubt there will be anything left.

I would imagine that all the ITK's will receive the secret code via text message. They will all meet at the given meeting point (the fabled Jackson's Farm) where a lightly chilled Chablis will await them. They will then rejoice in stories of how the wife of their brother in law was in a taxi the other day with someone who once met MLT to produce their FACTS.

Following agreement a new band of Terrific ITK Using Non-standard TechniqueS (TIT****S) will be appointed, and toasted with Cigars and Brandy.

Unfortunately for the Tit****s the previous land owner (Lord Lowe of ****-up) bestowed on himself all hunting rights to the said farm and has sent his men on a duck hunt.

Either that or a press conference IMHO.

it will start with a big whoooshing noise, everyone will look up.

There will be the briefest moment; a sense of crushing disapointment coupled with a profound feeling of calm, ease and contentment.

And then it will all be over.

sounds like 'the sex'

Then the Swiss,Irish,MJ and Likely Lads from Guernsey will all be back in the frame and Pinnacle will be a thing of the past,however everyone will then know that there's something that makes the deal virtually undoable.

A bright Star will appear in the East (near Tescos at Bursledon). And a band of wise men shall follow that star and unto them shall be revealed His name. And his name will be known unto them and them alone. And then will be born a new group of ITKers.

A bright Star will appear in the East (near Tescos at Bursledon). And a band of wise men shall follow that star and unto them shall be revealed His name. And his name will be known unto them and them alone. And then will be born a new group of ITKers.

Funny you should say that, Jo Tessem spoke recently about the club...sporting a Jesus beard.

I think the PLC will be liquidated. There is no point in buying the shareholding.

The Administrator will just sell the assets take his cut and pay off the debts. I doubt there will be anything left.

What's the situation with avoiding the additional 15 point deduction? Aren't we getting pretty close to the deadline for sorting out the agreed basis on repaying the preferential creditors?