Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Meanwhile, I see no rescue package, no player departures, but plenty of opportunity to hide bad news with England about to lurch through the Euros.

Purely as a matter of interest, has anybody got John Terry's " Permitted Player " List ?? just in case one of Hodgsons Heroes gets injured

Meanwhile, I see no rescue package, no player departures, but plenty of opportunity to hide bad news with England about to lurch through the Euros.

I don't see any bad news on the horizon, in fact, completely the opposite :?

Oh.....you mean bad news for them.

Pompeyonline are saying that Al-Fahim has been in touch with the Trust and a representative will shortly be meeting them. Many are rather positive about this news.

I expect one of the gun runners has put pressure on him

Yet more stench from the stagnant swamp

Pompeyonline are saying that Al-Fahim has been in touch with the Trust and a representative will shortly be meeting them. Many are rather positive about this news.

Was he the invisible man, i am so confused with all the goings on.

Was he the invisible man, i am so confused with all the goings on.

LOL. that was Al Faraj. Fahim was that fat kid who said he had billions, turned up to Notarf, played the big man, and was found out to be a Walter Mitty character.

I have been thinking about this for well over a year now,little bits of info,piecing together things peeps have written on here and with other bits of knowledge(probably the wrong word) that i have in my tiny brain,the following:-

portsmuff have been owned by a few "dodgy" characters in the last few years.So much money has filtered through the rotting corpse,hundreds of millions,loads of money,money most of us cannot imagine(and i can imagine alot,almost £4,000,000)

Look anywhere in the world and what you find is the more money involved,the more corruption.If the TRUTH came out in football none of us would watch it that i am sure. I am thinking someone is trying to get poopey liquidated on purpose without it looking to obvious. Why rack up a wage bill like they have.They didn't have to do it and if they hadn't they could have moved foward.

All that land and god isn't gonna make anymore,it won't go bad and it will be there for a long time(longer than me or you)

There is alot more to this saga than meets the eye and i don't think anyone will get to know the truth.

How do you think all these owners get rich ?

God bless the fraud squad

SOCA, the serious organised crime agency could "neither confirm nor deny they are investigating activity at PFC"

Theyre definately having a look at the skates, I guess in particular Gadymack and the Al Faraj 'deal'... SSN did a piece on pompey before the russian mafia came to town, and confirmed they had spoken to SOCA and recieved the above confirm nor deny piece.

With the russian mafia now heavily involved I can imagine SOCA must almost be getting confused with it all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/exclusive-interview-german-gorbuntsov--the-banker-shot-six-times-in-london-7827996.html

The Antonovs keep getting their names dragged into this latest attempted murder, they are so clearly involved with all this... oh, and it mentions the large scale Russian railways theft... another nod to RUMafia for calling it right. (back live online again people)

Us nutjobs and RUmafia could advise the authorities easily.

Shalala

God bless the football creditors rule (the most stupid rule i know appart from a yellow card for taking off your shirt after scoring a goal,instigated by shirt sponsers and the FA kept that f***ing quiet):x

Tangible b0llocks. The rule has nothing to do with the FA, and FIFA who did enforce it have never given any single reason for doing it.

That's a great interview with TB, you can sense the pressure building.

Translates as.... 'I'm calm, you can't rush these things' through to '**** this is desperate'.

---

‘There’s still nothing at the moment (bids for players).

‘The hope is things will start to get a little busier, you would have thought.

‘That is what we will be looking at in the next two to four weeks.

‘It’s a difficult period all round.

We have to let the process take its course.

It’s ongoing. We can’t rush the exit (from administration).

‘Players leaving will happen when the players are ready and clubs come in. You can’t force it.

‘I expect there will be more fun and games over the next week.

‘Everybody is trying to establish their position – but we have to get on with it.’

LOL. that was Al Faraj. Fahim was that fat kid who said he had billions, turned up to Notarf, played the big man, and was found out to be a Walter Mitty character.

Actually I believe that he does have some money but not 'Premier league' wealth - he might be a possible saviour at league 1 (or below) level...

The ice cream vendor in the skimpy shirt will probably have woken up when it seems the club is suddenly available for £500K, with £14M in readies to come...

He hasn't been told yet that he and the Trust need to find an additional £18M for the loan shark, and the parachute payments are down to less than £5M.

Let's cut right to the chase ignoring all the vague promises and alleged interests, none of that matters.

The most important aspect of all is that 90% of their players must leave, or agree to massive paycut before anything can happen.

They currently have no deals ongoing.

Which means that the business has ground to a halt.

No income, no sign of cost-cutting, no chance to exit admin.

The train wreck is now up a cul-de-sac, without a paddle.

Tangible b0llocks. The rule has nothing to do with the FA, and FIFA who did enforce it have never given any single reason for doing it.

FA/FL/PL/FIFA/EUAFA all the "grown ups" in the same gang as far as i am concerned.

They did give a reason for doing it,"so as not to incite crowd trouble"

I also said "they kept that quiet"

What i read many years ago makes perfect sense,millions of veiwers world wide watching Ronaldo score a goal do you think the sponsers want him to take off his shirt after spending £40,000,000. (can't remember but it may have been in the "Big Issue")

God bless UNICEF;)

Actually I believe that he does have some money but not 'Premier league' wealth - he might be a possible saviour at league 1 (or below) level...

This may indicate just how much money the chubster has https://twitter.com/TheRealSulaiman/status/211921490705256450

731fys.jpg

I think it's safe to say Sheik Chubby wont be riding to the rescue on a white camel anytime soon

That's him out then!

Pompey NEEDS premier league wealth to get out of the hole it's already in!

£500k down payment.

£18m for Chinny

£10?m to clear the football debts

£10m to pay the wages this season.

Total : £38.5m!

How much can Everton or Rangers be bought for at the moment?

Besides, isn't the chunky ice cream man still hiding in Russia playing chess?

Can anyone summarise in a couple of lines what the current status is ? Are they starting next season?

I find the whole subject a little wearisome to wade through, tbh.

The new fixture lists are due out next week, (Monday 20th June), what are the chances that the 'S s will have to forego them.

Some of the comments on that article: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/birch-we-can-t-rush-exit-from-administration-1-3936454 are quite amusing, like the bloke who thinks Futacs isn't good enough for them, the poor deluded idiot who has renewed his season ticket and the chap wondering why they can't loan out their high earners. What's really telling though is that Birch has the time to do yet another interview with The News and that absolutely nothing has happened. Clearly the only option left to him is to make desperate and unrealistic come and get 'em pleas via the media in the hope of offloading some of the dross - I expect he spends the rest of his working day down the pub.

BBC Solent Sport ‏@solentsport Portsmouth fans in talks over bid: The Portsmouth Supporters' Trust begins talks with administrator Trevor Birch... http://bbc.in/MBx6A7

The Portsmouth Supporters' Trust (PST) has begun talks with administrator Trevor Birch as it closes in on tabling a rival bid to Balram Chainrai.

Antony Fanshawe of Begbies Traynor, acting on behalf of PST, is having discussions with Birch with a view to presenting a bid within seven days.

Pompey's creditors will vote on 25 June whether to accept Chainrai's offer.

"Hopefully we will have two bids for creditors on 25 June," PST spokesman Scott Mclachlan told BBC South.

Fanshawe will spend the week with Birch presenting details of the PST bid with Pompey's administrator deciding soon after whether to accept their offer.

If the PST bid is accepted, creditors - who are owed in the region of £58m - will then vote on which offer to accept.

Chainrai has offered creditors 2p in the pound as part of a Company Voluntary Agreement.

But Mclachlan says the PST may be able to better that offer.

"We saw the offer and it was less than we expected," he told BBC South Today.

"We now have a platform to work from and we hope we can offer better than 2p in the pound.

"But the major issue is still how to sustain the £10m wage bill the club will currently have in League One."

Mclachlan revealed the Trust had attracted five 'high net worth individuals' who had pledged over a £1m while they have had around 800 new pledges of £1,000 since the start of May.

That figure is short of their 1,000 person target but Mclachlan believes the bid is still in the best interests of the club.

"It's been difficult to attract 'high net worth individuals', but people will not fritter their money away," he added.

"Portpin [Chainrai's firm] want to take money out of the club, we want to reinvest it back in."

Edited by trousers

OK, so how will that work? Will the creditors be asked if they want to accept/reject "Offer A" and then, if rejected, "Offer B"? Because if they do, I'd bet lots on neither being accepted. Creditors who support the trust will have to reject Chainrai's bid and vice versa.

That'd be good.

OK, so how will that work? Will the creditors be asked if they want to accept/reject "Offer A" and then, if rejected, "Offer B"? Because if they do, I'd bet lots on neither being accepted. Creditors who support the trust will have to reject Chainrai's bid and vice versa.

That'd be good.

Chinny will vote against the PST, so that's never going to happen. Chinny will then have no choice but to keep raising his offer until he gets 75% approval from voters. I'd keep declining until he makes a sizeable offer if I was a creditor as he is not going to allow the club to go into liquidation and that is the remaining option looming large.

Tony Husband ‏@TonyHusbandBBC #saintsfc Just over a year ago he was scoring against Walsall, now the Ox looks set for Euro 2012 start.

Trousers ‏@Lord_Trousers

@TonyHusbandBBC @pn_neil_allen @MatthewLeGod Always good to see a Pompey lad making it good...

Very, very amusing!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-past/portsmouth-born-talent-gets-england-start-1-3937977

Portsmouth-born talent gets England start

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain will start for England against France today.

The former St John’s College pupil is in Roy Hodgson’s starting XI for their European Championship opener.

England will not officially announce the team for today’s game until an hour before kick-off.

But various sources in the Ukraine have confirmed the attacking talent, who played for Portsmouth Schoolboys before joining Southampton, will play from the outset.

England starting XI v France: Hart, Johnson, Terry, Lescott, Cole, Milner, Gerrard, Parker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Young, Welbeck.

Amazing, didnt think the skate delusion could sink to such a desperate low!

For what its worth, this was the last time the Portsmouth born talent played in anything but red and white:

1059126025.jpg

That is from his illustrious four year sting at St Johns Port Solent, a fully fledged (5 a side) pro for pompey aged 7-11!

However, the youngster would still play football while on the books of Southampton.

http://www.chichester.co.uk/sport/football/pompey-latest/from-port-solent-boy-to-the-man-for-roy-1-3856041

PMSL

Congrats Chambo BTW!

oxlade-426-129161921766823700.jpg

I believe it falls under the category of "ungentlemanly conduct" in the most bureaucratic parts of FIFA's rulebook.

Yes its the Sun again and a tiny last paragraph, but I thought it had gone past a certain deadline for this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/euro2012/4365230/Dan-Kings-Sport-Uncovered-Platini-gets-new-lifeline.html

If thats true - Birch's actions in even applying shout so loud I can't hear anything else he is saying. Toast.

Yes its the Sun again and a tiny last paragraph, but I thought it had gone past a certain deadline for this.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/euro2012/4365230/Dan-Kings-Sport-Uncovered-Platini-gets-new-lifeline.html

As you say, strange that such a potentially important manoeuvre is tucked away at the end of a 'football round-up' column. Here it is loud and clear for anyone who hasn't clicked on the link:

"Meanwhile, administration-hit Portsmouth are believed to have applied to join the Blue Square set-up in case their rescue proposals fail."

I think many of us had assumed they would have been working on a 'plan B' behind the scenes but this is the first time I've seen it mooted in the national press.

I'm not sure they should even be allowed to enter at the blue square level. Does that mean Portsmouth football club and all its history start again in tact in the blue square or would they be a new club? If so who's place do they take in the blue square league?