Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Just saw a clip on South Today regarding this. You can guess who handed the letter over can't you...Mr Westwood himself lol! It will be covered in more detail in the Football show at 11:35 on BBC1 tonight.

There cannot be anyone of more embarressment to a football club anywhere else in the world?

The "man" is the definition of a joke.

There cannot be anyone of more embarressment to a football club anywhere else in the world?

The "man" is the definition of a joke.

You had to see it on TV to believe it. Not only the usual ****-hat but also chequered shorts and chequered clown shoes about 2 feet long (pun intended). As one of their own supporters said "his Coco the clown outfit". Indeed. Although I have to say how well spoken he was with a much better than average command of English than could reasonably be expected from a skate. Miracles do happen, I suppose.:rolleyes:

Pompey just sound so so desperate now, basically the future of their club appears to hinge on HMRC not knowing the VAT laws and the PL not knowing their own rules.

Well they might have a chance then cos there are plenty of people at HMRC who seem not to know the VAT laws judging by conversations I have had over the years. :)

God I'm going to miss this thread when it finally goes to thread-heaven. Every single day without fail I find something to laugh at, and just occasionally a little bit of apprehension when they have a glimpse of a better future before it is hilariously ripped away from them again. There is a cast of crims & dolts & deceivers better than any soap could dream up, and then they are all those pearls of wisdom on the fishy forums from some of the most truly retarted people ever to try and form words with a keyboard.

I know it's not healthy. I know my karma is suffering badly with all this joy at others' misfortunes. And I know way, way more than I should about all aspects of Poopey, from who owns what bit of land, to who the youth team captain is, who earns what & all the rest.

I'm beginning to think I need help, maybe form a therapy group - you know the kind of thing: Hello, my name is Sid & I'm a Pompey takeover saga addict. How will I cope when it ends? Is there anyone out there who can help me.......?

God I'm going to miss this thread when it finally goes to thread-heaven. Every single day without fail I find something to laugh at, and just occasionally a little bit of apprehension when they have a glimpse of a better future before it is hilariously ripped away from them again. There is a cast of crims & dolts & deceivers better than any soap could dream up, and then they are all those pearls of wisdom on the fishy forums from some of the most truly retarted people ever to try and form words with a keyboard.

I know it's not healthy. I know my karma is suffering badly with all this joy at others' misfortunes. And I know way, way more than I should about all aspects of Poopey, from who owns what bit of land, to who the youth team captain is, who earns what & all the rest.

I'm beginning to think I need help, maybe form a therapy group - you know the kind of thing: Hello, my name is Sid & I'm a Pompey takeover saga addict. How will I cope when it ends? Is there anyone out there who can help me.......?

Agree with all of that Sid, they need a special place for this thread when it final comes to a close. Maybe its own special opening link with the lounge, the Muppet show, General sports & the Pompey Saga specially for pompey saga addicts when the start geting the shakes mid morning & need a quick fix. Maybe the NHS could come up with some Pompey saga patches(just for your computer). :D

So let me get this straight - the £2m they claim they are owed is going to cover the following:

Player and staff wages for January

Staged payments to the overseas clubs

Given that the player wages alone are reportedly £1.8m a month, the remaining £0.2m will cover non-playing staff wages and staged payments?

Their legal advisors must be costing them a fortune too.

Doesn't add up somehow and where will they get the money for February salaries and February stage payments?

Oh I forgot - from the gates :rolleyes:

Their total wage bill is almost 3 million pounds.

When I'm feeling down, nothing cheers me up more than having a look back at the first few pages of this thread and seeing a classic quote from one of our fishy friends. Today's little nugget was provided by Corporate Ho, with reference to Al Fahim:

I can't believe, given how important status is in the Arab world, that he'd go ahead with the deal if he had no cash to spend on the team resulting in relegation.

lol why would he - has our Prem League chairman heard of every rich business man ? doubt it very much. There are a shed load of millionaire/billionaire saudi's why would he of heard of one out of all of them ?

another point your all forgetting whch most of us are not, it matters not how much your owner has its how much he willing to spend or put in to the club that matters, so no matter how many billions/millions/pound coins if he only wants to spend 50m then thats that. Most of us are happy we now have a club that can move forward

one thing we do know - he has to alledgedly find £16.5M by October 15th to sort pressing debt which I have no doubt he will do - and he has already found this months wages at £1.8M immediately and employed Avram on a 3 year deal which I doubt would have been cheap, so he has done more than The clown did in 6 weeks in 2 days

yep

why should he answer anything to the press or us, its nothing to do with me where he gets his money from, he only has to satisfy the premier league of that

the best way he can answer any questions is to do what he says he is going to and spend the money to do what he has stated. Verbally why should he explain anything just to satisfy the english press or people desperate to know his ins and outs.

As far as I a concerned there is nothing to answer but there is alot to do !!

yep.

Some little gems...

Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't laugh too loudly too soon if I were you. I'm not party to the whole thing but if the rumour about where the money's coming from (and how much of it there is ready to be used on players and improving the club) are true you lot are going to be pig sick. [/Quote]

I assume you're talking about Hydra Properties here. Rather than being "sacked" Al Fahim is no longer CEO of Hydra but is still a main board director of the company.

Right. To all those clinging to the hope that we'll be dead and buried by early August, here's a summary of events so far:

Letter of intent (contract agreeing to buy the club at an already agreed price if nothing nasty is found in due diligence) signed in Paris six weeks ago.

Due diligence completed to the satisfacton of the buyer yesterday.

Premier League Fit and proper person test the last hurdle.

He is NOT going to fail the test.

Deal done within the next two weeks. Then we'll find out if he's:

a) A total chancer without a bean to his name who's trying to impress his mates.

or

b) A reasonably wealthy enthusiast i.e. multi millionaire, who's looking to make a few bob on the property side as well as fund a decent level PL oufit.

or

c) A nonothingaboutfootballnumpty with billions to burn who will try to outbid citeh at every turn.

Personally, I suspect b), but the other two scenario's wouldn't surprise me either........

any chance of bringing this useful summary up to date?

Just for you Phil...............;)

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2125309369

i understand peoples concerns about fahim not being a billionaire, but i've read reports online and in the paper (the daily mail, if i recall) and general reasearching which confirm he doesn't just scrape the billionaire tag, he is very much comfortably in the billionaire bracket. I've a friend who works in UAE and apperantly he is ranked as the 3rd richest man over that neck of woods and is comfortably a billionaire.

He also confirmed with an interview not long ago, when asked a question, that he is a comfortable billionaire. His family are reportedly worth a trillion. Not In man city owner bracket, but who is?

It has been widely thought that Fahim is TEN times the wealth of Roman Abromovich.

I understand peoples concerns, and rumours, but for the worrying Pompey fans, this guy is the real deal.

If we get him, which looks likely, then brace up, it's going to be one hell of an incredible ride! If we don't, we move on!

Chortle. :D:confused::rolleyes:

Too many conspiracy theories on here.

We know that Pompey have demanded an urgent meeting with the PL. I think it's just to reinforce their demands that they should be allowed to compete on a level playing field.

They want to ask the PL if any of the members have a spare roller that they can borrow to use at Fart n'Puke, to level the playing field. Just until they can find somebody to give them a loan to buy their own.

and on a more serious note, having just read through this morning's nuggets.

If, as it is claimed, the PL's powers are indeed discretionary, I can't see how any Arbitration tribunal, or Court for that matter, will interfere in how the PL chooses to excercise that discretion, unless Pompey can show that either it is being excercised unlawfully, or that the PL has a duty of care towards them, and is in breach of that duty. If that is so, then it has the same duty to all of it's members (although Watford, and foreign clubs are, of course, not members).

All to be resolved in the next 13 days?

Another day, another set of figures quoted in a paper that don't quite fit with what has been said before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7021592/Portsmouth-set-to-discover-tax-verdict.html

HMRC say that the club owe more than £11 million in unpaid tax, but the new owners claim to have paid off £4 million and dispute the total claimed by the Inland Revenue.

So is the money outstanding to HMRC £3M as previously quoted, £7M as inferred from figures above or, possibly because there have been quotes of PFC paying some of the bill via a £4M security that HMRC are not recognising that as a legitimate payment and that they still owe the full £11M?

Another day, another set of figures quoted in a paper that don't quite fit with what has been said before.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7021592/Portsmouth-set-to-discover-tax-verdict.html

HMRC say that the club owe more than £11 million in unpaid tax, but the new owners claim to have paid off £4 million and dispute the total claimed by the Inland Revenue.

So is the money outstanding to HMRC £3M as previously quoted, £7M as inferred from figures above or, possibly because there have been quotes of PFC paying some of the bill via a £4M security that HMRC are not recognising that as a legitimate payment and that they still owe the full £11M?

Maybe they offered the Sky money as security.........now that would be funny:D

Before this is jumped on as serious.....it's not:smt047

Thought the 7m went to other clubs to pay transfer fees owing nothing to do with tax

anyway, time to get the big foam finger out crack open a beer and await the courts verdict :D

Different £7M. One is the money from the TV distributed by the PL the other is the difference between the 11M the HMRC claim they owe (according to that article) and the 4M PFC claim to have paid. Just coincidence that both come to the same figure.

Edited by pedg

Interesting that they still seem to regard themselves as the pluckly little victim putting the nasty authorities in their place.

In reality all the power must be with the taxman and the league - behind all the bravado it sounds like a big day for them - the countdown to implosion could be triggered today.

I guess there are 3 possible outcomes?

Pompey appeal thrown out. Winding up order and bill stay as they are.

Judge allows them more time. Possibly delay winding up order?

Judge sides with pompey and throws out winding up order.

I guess there are 3 possible outcomes?

Pompey appeal thrown out. Winding up order and bill stay as they are.

Judge allows them more time. Possibly delay winding up order?

Judge sides with pompey and throws out winding up order.

In order of likelihood - 2, 1, 3

In order of likelihood - 2, 1, 3

Depends I guess on whether their arguments are based on one single VAT rule or on a number of other things as well. If it is the one rule and the judge is clear how to rule (usually they look for precedents don't they?) then it could all be done and dusted (i.e. 1 or 3) today?

Interesting that they still seem to regard themselves as the pluckly little victim putting the nasty authorities in their place.

In reality all the power must be with the taxman and the league - behind all the bravado it sounds like a big day for them - the countdown to implosion could be triggered today.

I deal with protest groups day in, day out. They all try and portray themselves as David being bullied by Goliath although in my experience most of the fibs are told by the plucky little Davids! It's an old and well worn ploy.

Have you seen the answer to where the Accounts came from ?

Answer

10:47 Neil:

Somebody I had never had dealings before e-mailing me them. Apparently he found them in a bin!!!!

Still, not too fussed where they are from,.....

Oh yes,that did make me chuckle.

I think they maybe quick off the mark with the court ruling on there,here's hoping.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})