Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Now they are claiming that they don't owe Gaydamak any money :D

Yoram Yossifoff, advisor to owner Ali Al-Faraj, said: "Ali bought 90 per cent of the shares in Portsmouth from Sulaiman Al-Fahim not Gaydamak. That £28m is not a Portsmouth debt."

ALSO

But while Al-Faraj is bullish, boss Avram Grant admits he does not have a clue what is going on at the club.

Grant was stunned to discover that David James' proposed free transfer to Stoke had fallen through.

And he admitted: "I honestly don't know what is happening.

"I never gave the go-ahead for James to go to Stoke and I want him to stay. Nobody spoke with me about this."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2810586/Faraj-Owe-no-we-dont.html

:D

Yoram Yossifoff, advisor to owner Ali Al-Faraj, said: "Ali bought 90 per cent of the shares in Portsmouth from Sulaiman Al-Fahim not Gaydamak. That £28m is not a Portsmouth debt."

I think this is what Al-Faraj (or at least his mouthpieces) have been saying all along. It will all hinge on whether or not Al-Fahim transferred the debt to Gaydamak before he sold 90% of the shares to Al-Faraj. If he didn't, then Al-Faraj is correct and the money is actually owed by Al-Fahim. If he did, then the debt IS a PFC one, and they'll have to stump up. To be certain about who owes what to whom, you'd need to have a look at the contracts drawn up when PFC was bought and sold - and, particularly, what happened between the first and second sales.

Given that Al-Faraj seems to have had very little clue as to what he was actually buying, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the debt was indeed transferred to the club by Al-Fahim. I'm sure it'll all come out in time, giving us plenty of amusement along the way...

One of their biggest issues here is that there seems to be more spokesmen and advisors than playing staff. The net effect is that all the dirty linen get washed in public and spun to the benefit of which ever interested party leaked the story.

Even if they did find someone with money to burn who would buy the club, they will have a massive problem trying maintain confidentiality without someone bragging about the deal.

I think this is what Al-Faraj (or at least his mouthpieces) have been saying all along. It will all hinge on whether or not Al-Fahim transferred the debt to Gaydamak before he sold 90% of the shares to Al-Faraj. If he didn't, then Al-Faraj is correct and the money is actually owed by Al-Fahim. If he did, then the debt IS a PFC one, and they'll have to stump up. To be certain about who owes what to whom, you'd need to have a look at the contracts drawn up when PFC was bought and sold - and, particularly, what happened between the first and second sales.

Given that Al-Faraj seems to have had very little clue as to what he was actually buying, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the debt was indeed transferred to the club by Al-Fahim. I'm sure it'll all come out in time, giving us plenty of amusement along the way...

I reckon Al-Fahim has pulled a masterstroke. Offloading £28m in debt and, just in case things do come good, retained 10% of a premiership club. Fake Sheik 1 may actually be smarter than everyone thinks.

I reckon Al-Fahim has pulled a masterstroke. Offloading £28m in debt and, just in case things do come good, retained 10% of a premiership club. Fake Sheik 1 may actually be smarter than everyone thinks.

I actually wonder the opposite about him. He is just stupid enough to be the patsy that ends up owing everything everyone as Gaydamak walk off with the money & Al Faraj the club. It always seemed odd that he was allowed in at the eleventh hour despite being obviously potless and he reminds me of an Arab clown fish swimming in very Israeli shark infested waters.

I actually wonder the opposite about him. He is just stupid enough to be the patsy that ends up owing everything everyone as Gaydamak walk off with the money & Al Faraj the club. It always seemed odd that he was allowed in at the eleventh hour despite being obviously potless and he reminds me of an Arab clown fish swimming in very Israeli shark infested waters.

Nah, they are clutching at straws. The debt is the clubs and when they bought the club, they bought the debt.

ALSO

But while Al-Faraj is bullish, boss Avram Grant admits he does not have a clue what is going on at the club.

Grant was stunned to discover that David James' proposed free transfer to Stoke had fallen through.

And he admitted: "I honestly don't know what is happening.

"I never gave the go-ahead for James to go to Stoke and I want him to stay. Nobody spoke with me about this."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2810586/Faraj-Owe-no-we-dont.html

:D

Seems to me it is just another manoeuvre to buy time. In the last weeks we have had,

1) We don't owe HMRC any money, indeed they owe us money.

2) There will be a surplus once the TV money has been used to pay off out football debts so it should be paid to us, ( this followed by statement today that it was Poopey's idea to use TV money to pay other clubs )

3) and now we dont owe any money to Gaydamak.

Actually show's complete contempt for the fans and everyone else for that matter that they think they a gullible enough to swallow yet another story

Perhaps they watered it overnight, in the hope it would be called of. Then they would have their Africans back for the re-arranged fixture!!!

Just a thought!!

Are you suggesting that they are cheating?? What? Again? FFS the EPL need to dock that shower of sheeeeite points. They are just taking the pizz now.

Westwood and a handful of others have just handed a letter to jacobs with their 'demands', according to Solent when they asked a few questions they were greeted with this reply from Jacobs....."I could of gone to watch Spurs today but i stayed to see you lot"

When Jacobs then left the building abuse was hurled at him,Solent stated that it was definately not broadcastable.

An eye witness account,posted on a PFC board......

WTF was that all about?

All week long I’ve been hearing that the protest is ON. So regardless of opportunity to earn today, I left my home town in Sussex b4 9 and drove with my boy (also up for it) to Pompey. Whilst in a café in Fratton at 11 we hear that the game is called off.

That brings on an immediate conspiracy to mind for all the obvious reasons as although the ground was wet, we’ve played in a site worse. Ref bunged or pitch hosed? Leicester 03 was 3x that.

That said I was not fazed as I thought surely the protest will STILL go ahead. So I drove to the Guildhall. I arrived at 12 to an empty square and frickin air guitar music….err, like where is everyone. OK I’m early they will all be in the pubs. Went to The Walkabout, and got a pint, where bar a fan that had made his way down from frickin Cornwall (and was gutted at the lacklustre support) I saw no one.

OK so onto my mobile internet to the ‘truebluearmy’ board to read threads of it being called off.

NOW SERIOUSLY FOOKED OFF, I read that there was a fair few going in from Milton Park with ‘a plan’ of still delivering their letter. Ok so let’s pop along to Milton, which I did. Hmmm, lil’ sign of 6,000 here, 600 or even 60. Under a shelter we found a dozen fans that appeared a tad nice but sorry to be harsh…Hmmm...dim, happy to still deliver their letter we are told 'we could join them, on a march in'. Wow….what a buzz...er not. It will be filmed. Yea right well, sorry, I know I’m 50, but jeez I still have some dignity left. Then along came Westwood, sporting his coco the clown outfit. Very nice sir, but I’ve no intention of being caught on TV looking a clown myself thanks all the same.

I went for a drink at The Milton Arms and heard some strange stories there of how the former tenants smashed the place up on the last day of their tenure, allegedly owed a sum from the landlord. The new tenants have tidied the place back up, though met many a threat and attack even, from the old tenants. It all goes on eh?

I came out and saw Westwood and approx 40-50 others walk down Frogmore to deliver their letter. Wow….not exactly the impact I had hoped for guys.

For me personally today was extremely COSTLY, ANNOYING and frickin EMBARRASSING.

Edited by saint lard

An eye witness account,posted on a PFC board......

WTF was that all about?

All week long I’ve been hearing that the protest is ON. So regardless of opportunity to earn today, I left my home town in Sussex b4 9 and drove with my boy (also up for it) to Pompey. Whilst in a café in Fratton at 11 we hear that the game is called off.

That brings on an immediate conspiracy to mind for all the obvious reasons as although the ground was wet, we’ve played in a site worse. Ref bunged or pitch hosed? Leicester 03 was 3x that.

That said I was not fazed as I thought surely the protest will STILL go ahead. So I drove to the Guildhall. I arrived at 12 to an empty square and frickin air guitar music….err, like where is everyone. OK I’m early they will all be in the pubs. Went to The Walkabout, and got a pint, where bar a fan that had made his way down from frickin Cornwall (and was gutted at the lacklustre support) I saw no one.

OK so onto my mobile internet to the ‘truebluearmy’ board to read threads of it being called off.

NOW SERIOUSLY FOOKED OFF, I read that there was a fair few going in from Milton Park with ‘a plan’ of still delivering their letter. Ok so let’s pop along to Milton, which I did. Hmmm, lil’ sign of 6,000 here, 600 or even 60. Under a shelter we found a dozen fans that appeared a tad nice but sorry to be harsh…Hmmm...dim, happy to still deliver their letter we are told 'we could join them, on a march in'. Wow….what a buzz...er not. It will be filmed. Yea right well, sorry, I know I’m 50, but jeez I still have some dignity left. Then along came Westwood, sporting his coco the clown outfit. Very nice sir, but I’ve no intention of being caught on TV looking a clown myself thanks all the same.

I went for a drink at The Milton Arms and heard some strange stories there of how the former tenants smashed the place up on the last day of their tenure, allegedly owed a sum from the landlord. The new tenants have tidied the place back up, though met many a threat and attack even, from the old tenants. It all goes on eh?

I came out and saw Westwood and approx 40-50 others walk down Frogmore to deliver their letter. Wow….not exactly the impact I had hoped for guys.

For me personally today was extremely COSTLY, ANNOYING and frickin EMBARRASSING.

Responsible drinking from our Fishy Friend here, particularly as he had driven his lad (2 pints = drink driving:-().

Hang on a sec, if you read the article with Jacobs comments today at the meeting he say's "we are fighting the prem leagues decision to retain sky's tv money"......

Didn't they say earlier it was their idea to use the money to pay the debts?.....

Sooner these muppets are put out of business the better

A first hand account of the meeting with Jacobs......

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=1284#articlecontinues

"He also explained that the club were fighting the Premier League's decision to retain the club's Sky money..."

Hang on... Did you tell the EPL to distribute it or are you fighting them? At least try to have a full 24 hours between contradictions!

"He also explained that the club were fighting the Premier League's decision to retain the club's Sky money..."

Hang on... Did you tell the EPL to distribute it or are you fighting them? At least try to have a full 24 hours between contradictions!

I believe it was Storrie that claimed that they had asked the EPL to distribute it.

Right hand does not know what the left hand is doing....again.

'I could of gone to Tottenham this afternoon instead of meeting with you lot

Lol... even in Jest that's the mother of all PR gaffes...

Gerald Ratner school of PR, bloody funny though. he is just another who does not understand football fans mentality.