Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In reality just how much good is lifting the transfer ban going to do them. Ohara will return - so no change, but they still have to persuade the clubs that they are good for the money. The tv money is as good as gone, they are still £3M in the hole after that. Ban or no ban, they are still stuffed.

I bet they are glad that the snow is off the agenda now. Imagine what a few postpone home games and the associated loss of revenue would do to them now.

I have now put my trust in HMRC to get the job sorted. They don't have the image issues that the EPL seem to have. Let's hope that they have their figures straight..

So, in other words, it's b o l l o x s.

May have some legs. Other posters who appear to know the lady in question are saying that she has posted before and her sources and information has been good - wouldn't right this one off out of hand.

May have some legs. Other posters who appear to know the lady in question are saying that she has posted before and her sources and information has been good - wouldn't right this one off out of hand.

Nope, it's b o l l o x s.

As I've said, the EPL cannot shift their position regarding the money owed but they can play clever and lift the ban partially by allowing loans and frees.

If it had been lifted it would have been leaked by pfc.

Someone needs to just stick the boot in to Pompey and have done with it. I'm starting to get fed up of their long, slow, drawn-out and painful death. Whilst it still has a degree of hilarity to it, when will it end?!

It will come to it's conclusion when they are relegated.

Even if their embargo is lifted there would be horrific fallout if they do survive, so it won't happen. The Premier League is self serving, not skate serving.

When they go, they GO!

It will come to it's conclusion when they are relegated.

Even if their embargo is lifted there would be horrific fallout if they do survive, so it won't happen. The Premier League is self serving, not skate serving.

When they go, they GO!

Thanks Colin, although I'm not sure I can wait that long :mad:

I think the reason it is taking so long is because the PL are giving Portsmouth more time to show that the finances are better now, the club is run better and the people running it actually do have the money they claimed they had. Because if the PL lift the embargo and they sign a couple of players, then it comes out they have not paid some clubs they owe to and have not paid the wages again the PL will have a lot to answer for. How could you let them sign people when they won't get paid etc..

So really i think the PL know they are in a no win situation with Portsmouth. They made huge mistakes letting these people into the club in the first place. If they lift the embargo and things actually stay the same or get worse then the PL will get heavily criticised.

Imagine they lift the embargo, they sign 2 or 3 players on free's. And on the final day of the season one of those players scores a winning goal to keep them up. Meaning a club which has been run right and not in financial trouble and played by the rules goes down. The potential ****storm that could come from that could be huge. Because if that got to court it would be a case of a club run badly being helped out over a club which had been run fine and so on, it would obviously be unfair on that club because without the PL helping the club they would not have scored that goal to survive. If it were a normal business they would not been encouraged to spend well beyond their means, they would pay the price for their mismanagement, the PL are trying to avoid that happening because of the brand image.

So personally i think unless they do actually have money now things won't change, the embargo won't lift. Because if it does the fallout from it at the end of the year could end up costing the PL tens of millions of pounds.

You would think so. Maybe they are over egging the 'look how thin our squad is' line to try to persuade the PL to lift the embago? If the embago stops to registering players would it stop you registering youngsters from within your own club??

My thoughts exactly. Their youth side beat Spurs 1-0 in the F A Cup they could draft in some of those players. I think this is a deliberate ploy to try and gain sympathy from the PL

Just got back from the match, Great atmosphere, superb away support, Fantastic Pompey performance and cracking game, gives me confidence that Pompey will easily stay up this year. After we slaughter Blunderland, bring on the scummers time to put you all in your place, with the embargo about to be lifted and Shiek Maktoum waiting in the wings things are looking rosy. Good night all!!! (turns off his computer, puts fingers in his ears and goes up to bed........lalalalalalalalalal) ;)

How come your posting was tmed at 10:30 then. ?

Did you run all the way. ?

Atmosphere. I'vw seen better in a mausoleum

I thought you had a modicum of sense for a Skate, but now I wonder.

How come your posting was tmed at 10:30 then. ?

Did you run all the way. ?

Atmosphere. I'vw seen better in a mausoleum

I thought you had a modicum of sense for a Skate, but now I wonder.

Just come round after the cup of coffee Have re-read PES's posting and now appreciate the subtle satire.

Apologies for the previous posting

Just come round after the cup of coffee Have re-read PES's posting and now appreciate the subtle satire.

Apologies for the previous posting

lol, No worries Cowzer, no time for 'in fighting' in our hour of need! ;););)

So what would be funny today is if it rains in the South, all the snow melts, and they gave away all those free tickets for nothing.

Which is my way of saying - How's the weather at the moment? as I have to come zooming back for a couple of days and want to know whether to pack my wellies or my swimmers.

But the GOOD news is 6X on Saturday and a chortle down Deacons with the locals:-)

So what would be funny today is if it rains in the South, all the snow melts, and they gave away all those free tickets for nothing.

Which is my way of saying - How's the weather at the moment? as I have to come zooming back for a couple of days and want to know whether to pack my wellies or my swimmers.

It's raining in Portsmouth. All the snow has pretty much gone.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2807083/Pompey-hit-by-new-ban-blow.html

PORTSMOUTH have failed to get their transfer embargo lifted.

The Fratton Park crisis club were hoping to have the ban overturned yesterday following talks with Premier League chief Richard Scudamore.

But Pompey have still not been able to prove that they have sorted out their transfer debts.

A Premier League source revealed: "Portsmouth told us they are in the process of paying their outstanding transfer money or have rescheduled the payments.

"But we still need assurances that all the clubs involved are happy with these arrangements.

"Until we receive that, Portsmouth will not receive their scheduled TV payment from the Premier League and the embargo will remain in place."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2807083/Pompey-hit-by-new-ban-blow.html

PORTSMOUTH have failed to get their transfer embargo lifted.

The Fratton Park crisis club were hoping to have the ban overturned yesterday following talks with Premier League chief Richard Scudamore.

But Pompey have still not been able to prove that they have sorted out their transfer debts.

A Premier League source revealed: "Portsmouth told us they are in the process of paying their outstanding transfer money or have rescheduled the payments.

"But we still need assurances that all the clubs involved are happy with these arrangements.

"Until we receive that, Portsmouth will not receive their scheduled TV payment from the Premier League and the embargo will remain in place."

You've just made my day... :)

I wouldnt get to carried away, nothing official from the PL yet. Just hoping they stick by their guns, but this is pompey and they have a knack of greasing the right palms

Indeed, if pompey are telling the truth then they have found some money from somewhere and have talked other clubs into rescheduling their debts. The PL are, by the sounds of it, checking with all these creditors to see they are happy. What it does not mention at all is the PL's more recent constraint on the general state of the pompey finances?

Looks like David James is on his way out...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6987234.ece

The Times understands that if James plays a set number of Barclays Premier League matches, thought to be 20, Portsmouth would have to offer him a 12-month extension to a deal due to expire this summer.

That would amount to another £2.5 million on their wage bill, which the club can ill afford given their financial crisis and the looming threat of relegation.

"Give us your trust" now there's a statement

It should say "Give us your honesty"

I'm referring to all those great fans that turned up to clear the snow on Wednesday.

I've been informed by a reliable source (not Joanna81) that only a handful of loyal fans turned up before the club said they'd give away free tickets on the radio.

That's when the masses turned up.

Some of the "fans" actually went back and forth on the day with different clothes on and ended up in some cases with six tickets which are now being sold.

One of the fans who was heard talking on a bus said "I've already sold four and only have two left for sale"

If you are indeed one of these "fans" then shame on you.

You are robbing from your own club that needs all the money it can get right now.

I feel sorry for the genuine fans who did turn up with the soul intention of helping their club in it's hour of need.

You are a disgrace and so are the people who have purchased any tickets from you

As I said before my source is a very reliable one

Comment from a poster on the P*mpey News website :D

I've just remembered that HILARIOUS joke about it being sunny in Portsmouth and minus ten in Southampton. HA HA HA.

I get the feeling it's now incredibly gloomy and overcast in Portsmouth, with threats of a thunderstorm, whilst here in Southampton the sun is starting to peep through the clouds.

:)

Acording to http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Anxious-wait-ahead-over-transfer.5981828.jp they say it will be friday now.

Got to love how these things move from supposed date to date. PL said it would be tues, then weds, and now friday. What is the bet on friday it will be monday? Would not surprise me to see that happen for the next 2 weeks until the window shuts. Then they will lift the embargo.

I've just remembered that HILARIOUS joke about it being sunny in Portsmouth and minus ten in Southampton. HA HA HA.

I get the feeling it's now incredibly gloomy and overcast in Portsmouth, with threats of a thunderstorm, whilst here in Southampton the sun is starting to peep through the clouds.

:)

I remember the 'Three Seasons in the Premier' Jibe aimed at a newly promoted Pompey from some Saints fans, par for the course and taken in good jest, it's Panto humour, unfunny to anyone with any developed sense of humour, but will always get a polite groan. Christ, do those 'jokes' eat you up that much? Water off a ducks back to me. I've always found those that dish it out most are so often the worst at taking it back, nowhere more so than in football circles. :)

They are dishing out free tickets like confetti at the moment. Someone yesterday was telling me how he'd been given some tickets, and while he was telling the story his wife pulled another 4 free tickets for Saturday's game out of her handbag that she'd been given.

No doubt the conversation with Mike Richards went along the lines of "Trust me Habibe, it will all be sorted tomorrow no problem you see insh'allah"

Perhaps it's time to remind them for the 3rd time of Chris Ryan's book page 2 Rules of Engagement in Iraq #1 "Never Trust an Arab"

Meanwhile, we all know that tomorrow is Friday right?

Now think back to takeover thread Ver 71.9

What day of the week are banks shut in the Middle East Region and is in fact their version of a Sunday?

yep so nothing until Monday then :-)

I remember the 'Three Seasons in the Premier' Jibe aimed at a newly promoted Pompey from some Saints fans, par for the course and taken in good jest, it's Panto humour, unfunny to anyone with any developed sense of humour, but will always get a polite groan. Christ, do those 'jokes' eat you up that much? Water off a ducks back to me. I've always found those that dish it out most are so often the worst at taking it back, nowhere more so than in football circles. :)

I don't know that joke, care to enlighten me?

And no, they don't eat me up at all! Hence why I didn't put "F*cking Pompey skate bastards, telling f*cking jokes like that, look where they are now, f*cking twáts"... Nope, I simply commented on how times have changed!

And no, they don't eat me up at all! Hence why I didn't put "F*cking Pompey skate bastards, telling f*cking jokes like that, look where they are now, f*cking twáts"... Nope, I simply commented on how times have changed!

Pompey were assured of 3 seasons in the Prem - Autumn, Winter and Spring.

I think the joke was:

"Pompey will easily be up for three seasons: Summer, winter and spring."

"I think Poopey will be in the prem for 3 seasons: autumn, winter & spring"

ie just one football season.

HTH

They are dishing out free tickets like confetti at the moment. Someone yesterday was telling me how he'd been given some tickets, and while he was telling the story his wife pulled another 4 free tickets for Saturday's game out of her handbag that she'd been given.

So, whatever the 'official' gate figure at fartton on Saturday, we should deduct several thousand to get the true figure?

...and now the truth's out, how's ol' Fred gonna gloss over the fact on Meridiskate tonight that all those "loyal, passionate, fans" who helped clear the pitch were, in reality, just fleecing their club of precious revenue? :)

Here is cheery random rumour for you...

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

14 Jan 2010 04:43:19

Portsmouth's finances are to be checked over by an independent panel, to check for any signs of fraud/financial mismanagement.

I know this, as I work for Grant Thornton and we've been asked by the Premier League to investigate.

There could well be jail terms handed out or lifetime bans handed out to directors at the club, and Milan Mandaric is also set to answer questions about his involvement in fraud and corruption whilst chairman of Portsmouth FC.

Pompey were assured of 3 seasons in the Prem - Autumn, Winter and Spring.

I think the joke was:

"Pompey will easily be up for three seasons: Summer, winter and spring."

"I think Poopey will be in the prem for 3 seasons: autumn, winter & spring"

ie just one football season.

HTH

Cheers guys ;)

Portsmouth's finances are to be checked over by an independent panel, to check for any signs of fraud/financial mismanagement.

I know this, as I work for Grant Thornton and we've been asked by the Premier League to investigate.

There could well be jail terms handed out or lifetime bans handed out to directors at the club, and Milan Mandaric is also set to answer questions about his involvement in fraud and corruption whilst chairman of Portsmouth FC.

Mouth-watering but I doubt anyone would risk their job to post that if it was true... which is a shame.

The delays are almost certainly on pompeys side, having pledged money is coming in etc etc.

The PL are in a tough position, they don't want bad press surrounding the league and situation, so will be in no rush to publish any bad news, but still have to maintain their credibility (Shot to bits already in most peoples eyes). If pompey are holding out to prove they have funds coming in, then again there has been a delay and jacobs can join the list of public bull ****eers from the club.

Make no mistake the best thing for the PL is for pompey to get relegated, it's just how much strain they can get away with putting on the club.

Whilst there are real connections with the PL and introductions to pompeys owners - or supposed owners, the whole gaydamak sarga etc.(Father) then the PL will be treading on egg shells.

They want rid of the key - they don't want to open pandoras box

Here is cheery random rumour for you...

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

14 Jan 2010 04:43:19

Interesting.

Wasn't it Grant Thornton who were called in to do the forensic accounting on our accounts when we were peddling the line that it was the parent company and not the football club who were in administration ?? Clearly Grant Thornton are the experts on this sort of ting at football clubs.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})