Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

IMHO, it will be to tell us what we alrady know, that the TV money has been retained by the PL.

My bet it will say something like:

"Though Portsmouth FC have been unable to clear their football debts to allow the transfer embargo to be raised the management of the club assure us that money to pay the remaining debts will arrive soon and that they will be able to forfil their fixtures for the remainder of the season"

My bet it will say something like:

"Though Portsmouth FC have been unable to clear their football debts to allow the transfer embargo to be raised the management of the club assure us that money to pay the remaining debts will arrive soon and that they will be able to forfil their fixtures for the remainder of the season"

After the patience they have already had, surely there would be outcry at that!

After the patience they have already had, surely there would be outcry at that!

Depends if you thing the PL are going to grow some or try to sweep it under the table and hope its not their problem when it goes pop. You would hope the former but past experience shows it will probably be the latter.

Or

"Portsmouth FC have not been able to meet their commitments with regards to paying the clubs they owe money to. We have decided to give Portsmouth their share of the TV money as a goodwill gesture. We have also adopted a "pay the wages when you feel like it" principle. We only wish every club in the footballing land followed Portsmouth's great example of if you don't got it, spend it."

Or

"Portsmouth FC have not been able to meet their commitments with regards to paying the clubs they owe money to. We have decided to give Portsmouth their share of the TV money as a goodwill gesture. We have also adopted a "pay the wages when you feel like it" principle. We only wish every club in the footballing land followed Portsmouth's great example of if you don't got it, spend it."

Ah, the old F**k you all approach.

Ah, the old F**k you all approach.

It's the twisted logic of trying to keep a level playing field by allowing them to spend money they don't have for the whole season!

Actually they will obviously try to get pompey to complete the season if they can as otherwise it opens up another large can of worms in terms of what to do about their results if they are wound up mid season.

It's the twisted logic of trying to keep a level playing field by allowing them to spend money they don't have for the whole season!

Actually they will obviously try to get pompey to complete the season if they can as otherwise it opens up another large can of worms in terms of what to do about their results if they are wound up mid season.

And 'if' they survive? Imagine the s**t storm that would bring.

I can't help feeling that the West Ham situation from a couple of years ago will go against Pompey. The league thought West Ham were down and out, so went easy on them. The ramifications of that decision have come back to haunt them 10 fold. Therefore it's inconceivable that they'll make the same mistake again this time. Unless the club pay off their football debts the embargo will not be lifted.

Luton were docked a total of 30 points for both administration and financial irregularities, despite the new owners claiming innocence. I am almost certain that when the court cases with Mad'n'rich and Storrie are concluded, following the inevitable administration, that will be the likely path for this once "great" club.

I am going for a 29 point deduction, 9 points this season and 20 next season.

I can't help feeling that the West Ham situation from a couple of years ago will go against Pompey. The league thought West Ham were down and out, so went easy on them. The ramifications of that decision have come back to haunt them 10 fold. Therefore it's inconceivable that they'll make the same mistake again this time. Unless the club pay off their football debts the embargo will not be lifted.

Considering the mess they are in, it is in the best interests of the Premier League AND Sport in general to see them relegated and heavily punished for their reckless overspending. The line in the sand needs to be drawn, it must become inexcusable for clubs to be able to overspend in the hope that 'investment' will come in from an outside source. Cardiff could be the next lot to go pop while waiting for a white knight, the watershed must begin now!

And 'if' they survive? Imagine the s**t storm that would bring.

But the PL will just say "Oh its because they were relegated" or similar. Plus they may be hoping that the longer pompey survive that finally they do discover someone with money and its cleared up without their dirty laundry being displayed in public.

PFC asking that the TV money be released to them, not to clubs they owe. Also asked for transfer embargo to be lifted.

According to report just on BBC News.

PL will respond tomorrow.

Well I hope they said please....

Presumably if the are wound up mid-season, all points that were won against them would be removed from the winning teams totals. I think thats what used to happen in the saturday/Sunday afternoon leagues I played in.

As for cup competitons, dunno, does the team they are due to play get a bye, or does the team the knocked-ou in the previous round, get reinstated. Mind you by 10pm tonight this might be irrelevant.

If that is true then as i said earlier the PL will change their attitude towards them now, for the worse.

It seems that the whole set-up of these potential loans maybe hanged on getting this tv payment. Portsmouth think they should get about £2m back from it while the PL think they will have to pay an additional £3m+ to clubs. If Portsmouth don't get this money then i think that will be that.

Where as i'm sure the PL will not like the way Portsmouth have asked to receive the money even though they obviously have no right to it having not paid the clubs they owe. Queue another court case.

PFC asking that the TV money be released to them, not to clubs they owe. Also asked for transfer embargo to be lifted.

Unless the Skates are holding some serious material on the Premier League, then this should be laughed out of the factory.

Surely the only justification for doing this would be becuase they had massive investment and were able to pay the other clubs on their own.

But then if this is the case, why does it matter if the PL just pay it direct?

announcement tomorrow. presume ban has not been lifted otherwise it would have come out somewhat sooner to allow them to rebuild their "squad".

But I really cannot see anyone even contemplating signing for them. Why would you if you are not going to get paid? If anyone does then they will have to be bribed with big wages, and Pooey don't have the money for that. And no club/agent is going to do anything without cash up front are they.

Smoke and mirrors.

Any money that Pompey receive or are to receive from their "owner" will come, directly or indirectly, from Arkadi Gaydamak, which should be obvious to even the Premier League.

If they are happy for Pompey to pay their debts with funds derived from criminal activities, then fair enough. My guess is that enough is enough. They will check the veracity of Pompey's latest story, reject the appeal and re-distribute the money directly to ensure that the £7M isn't grabbed by the Russian crook...

Anyone that sells death is hardly likely to give a sh !t about the Premier League. He doesn't give a sh !t about French or Israeli courts, FFS...

Edited by Guided Missile

announcement tomorrow. presume ban has not been lifted otherwise it would have come out somewhat sooner to allow them to rebuild their "squad".

But I really cannot see anyone even contemplating signing for them. Why would you if you are not going to get paid? If anyone does then they will have to be bribed with big wages, and Pooey don't have the money for that. And no club/agent is going to do anything without cash up front are they.

Smoke and mirrors.

It would be a joke if pompey are allowed the 7m in spending money to buy new players when they can't even pay the ones they have now, surely the Premier League will not allow it?

Many months ago a couple of friends agreed to join me in my takeover of the skates, around the time Sultana Bin Trump was discovered as the front man for the ex Thai pm, and was clearly not gonna last the race.

My plan was a simple one following the mold of the Lynam and Fialka strategy, with carefully choreographed and coordinated press statements alongside an online campaign to stir up supporter frenzy on the social networks and forums.

Naturally the substantial wealth (it also would 'have taken you to a level you could not even imagine'... storrie you hero!) my consortium promised would fail to materialise, after a prolonged period which subsequently forces the skates to the wall, which was secretly the ultimate goal for my consortium.

We got concerned with the negative press and lynch mobs that might start appearing outside our houses, in the same way Fialka got busted for living in his mums bedsit with her after about 24 hours!

So, the plan never came to fruition, and I have to say it was the best decision we have ever come to! As many others have said on this thread 'you couldn't make this up/who is writing this script'. This story, since Fitzhugh Fellas leak all those months ago, has endured so many countless turns of events it is quite staggering!

With a small drop of humility, I have to admit, if Saints ended up in some bizarre Israeli/Arab/Asian power struggle instead of Liebherr I think I would be feeling just as disenfranchised as the skates do now, I doubt id be happy to give them any of my money, more so than Lowe part2! Fortunately, we have a little more class, character and charm than our fishy friends, and therefore attracted far more credible investment, as we have for the last 10-15yrs (well at least they weren't gangsters, gun runners and fraudsters!)

However, it really is a flea pit of a club, the skates are a rough old lot, and they should be reminded that there are teams in the Blue Square Premier that have far more impressive and solid infrastructures than the fishy few!

Thank you for a great thread, and to all who contributes to it, and long may it continue!

Paaaaaaaay Up Poooooooopey....!

Yeah your post is oozeing in it. ;)

According to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8453406.stm

A Premier League spokesman told BBC Sport: "Portsmouth have provided the Premier League with new information regarding their outstanding debts to other clubs.

"The Premier League Board will now check the veracity of that information."

So either they have claimed they have paid some of the debts or they have got one or more clubs to postpone their claims or something? Woud be odd for them to appear before the PL and lie about things the PL can check with a few phone calls?

So either they have claimed they have paid some of the debts or they have got one or more clubs to postpone their claims or something? Woud be odd for them to appear before the PL and lie about things the PL can check with a few phone calls?

They've more than likely just secured another dodgy loan which will enable them to pay off the other clubs in a few days, haven't they?

That's what I assumed anyway.

They've more than likely just secured another dodgy loan which will enable them to pay off the other clubs in a few days, haven't they?

That's what I assumed anyway.

Well the quote from the BBC implies they have done something about their outstanding debts to other clubs as that is what the PL say they are going to go and check.

Well the quote from the BBC implies they have done something about their outstanding debts to other clubs as that is what the PL say they are going to go and check.

I don't read it that way. To me, it implies that PFC are perhaps disputing the amount they owe to other clubs, that the PL are double-checking (because, after all, they've never lied about anything before have they) and that PFC have asked the PL to let them have the £7m (to keep in business).

Given that they will get MINUS £3m if the PL does keep their Sky money to pay the other clubs, then they simply can't keep in business, surely?

In any event, I thought part of the PL's remit was to establish that their finances were 'sound'.

If in doubt make a load of news like it is everyone else in the wrong and everyone else is being unreasonable and not sure this is legal etc etc.

They did all this guff with the Taxman which will be receiving the shortest of shrift very soon and the Premier League will be just the same.

Pompey owe money to countless clubs, the League know this and will distribute the money owed to Pompey to those other clubs. This is what will happen.

The rest is just desperate PR noise from that Lawyer bloke who over the weekend described this season's gate receipts as "money bought into the club" by Ali Bin Whatsisname.

Clowns.

Any money that Pompey receive or are to receive from their "owner" will come, directly or indirectly, from Arkadi Gaydamak, which should be obvious to even the Premier League.

If they are happy for Pompey to pay their debts with funds derived from criminal activities, then fair enough. My guess is that enough is enough. They will check the veracity of Pompey's latest story, reject the appeal and re-distribute the money directly to ensure that the £7M isn't grabbed by the Russian crook...

Anyone that sells death is hardly likely to give a sh !t about the Premier League. He doesn't give a sh !t about French or Israeli courts, FFS...

get off the fence mate ;)

So the EPL may withold the tv money to pay Ploppy's football debts. As well as the English clubs does it include the agents fees, overseas clubs debts and agents fees and the money that Sol Campbell says he is owed (in the region of 1 million I believe)?

My understanding is it will be paid to the clubs (have heard various reports as to whether the foreign clubs will be paid), agents will not be covered.

Mickey Quinn on Talksport has just said that they have missed the deadline.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})