Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Their indebtedness and the collateral against which the debt is secured has made identifying the beneficial ownership a joke.

I think I remember that when we got into financial problems we tried to pull the wool over the Football League's eyes by suggesting there was no link between our Plc and the Football Club.

Mawhinney said that the FL conducted a forensic analysis of our accounts and concluded that the two entities were inextricably linked, we were docked points and here we are. Mawhinney said he owed it to the other clubs in the league to ensure that we didn't benefit from over stretching ourselves financially. Fair enough.

How can the sleepy little Football League act so quickly to guard its reputation and protect its members but yet the Premier League is allowing itself to be drawn into this shambles? They are becoming an impotent laughing stock.

And forgetting the Premier League's reputation, how about the teams who think they might finish in the bottom 3 or 4 of the Prem' this year? Surely they must be putting pressure on the Prem' to clamp down on Pompey.

PFC has demonstrated 3 times this year already that they have 'benefited' from 'talent' that they plainly cannot actually afford to pay.

What if a team was relegated and by some chance Pompey managed to stay up, surely they'd turn to legal proceedings to see if Prem rules had been enforced correctly?

It could be a nightmare.

"In [Arcadi] Gaydamak's business dealings in Israel, Milstein plays a mediation and logistics role. Thus, for example, he took an active part in Gaydamak's purchase of the controlling interest in the non-kosher Tiv Taam food chain for some $100 million last week, together with his good friend Roni Mana."

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/871237.html

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Portsmouth-crisis-continues-as-FIFA-set-to-demand-action-over-failure-to-pay-clubs-and-agents-Exclusive-article283021.html

Some enjoyable Sunday morning reading, it seems FIFA are preared to take action even if the Premier League won't.

It's good to see FIFA out for blood, at he moment the PL have been pussies, mainly I believe to protect the image of the league and because Storrie is buddies with the board. If FIFA put enough pressure on them they will have to act.

It's a bit off that the English clubs owed money are paid by the PL TV money when the foreign clubs are left penniless, especially considering the comparative riches of English football.

Yeah we truly have the worst owners ever don't we.

And before you get all high and mighty remember, Leibherr admitted being a member of the Nazi party [/quote}

they are getting desperate

That's certainly new to me!

I suspect many millions of Germans were members of the Nazi party during the mid thirties / forties, it doesn't mean they were actively taking part in the final solution! More like 'keeping in with the rest to avoid jack booted reprisals'?

apparently, markus was a Nazi tank driver in WW2...not too sure how that is possible considering he was born in 1947
Exactly!

So, skate, why don't you 'do one'?

I'm sure that the decent skates who post on here don't want all this carp!

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy

Someone on one of the skate's mesage boards thinks that there could be interest in them from Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (the mega rich racing horse owner)...you have to laugh, this could be their "Paul Allen" moment.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Dear Lord, now we KNOW they really are thick down there.

Some points.

Dubai inc is currently bankrupt. Not only are there "headline" debt rescheduling talks ongoing at the moment, but under the radar, not only are the banks not getting paid for the loans, the TRADE creditors are not getting paid. That effectively doubles the headline figure for the indebtedness of Dubai Inc.

With the naming rights to the Sewing Needle having been ceded to Abu Dhabi while they try to hold on to ownership of their flagship brands of Emirates and Jumeira Hotels group, the very idea that his Excellency would be able to dig into his "presonal wealth" to stump up some 40million + pounds is ludicrous.

One other important "Investment Criteria" that the varying Dubai Inc operations hold is this phrase. "What is the value add to the future generations of our country"?

Sure, with the negative press these days, perhaps people other there are beginning to believe some of it and that He really has lost his marbles and wishes to be seen as a laughing stock>

Think you'll find their answer will be that they have a big enough commitment to English Football "thank you very much" - The Emirates Stadium is one part and all those World Cup Packages they are trying to sell you lot from Emirates WC sponsorship.

Still, if they want an introduction, it's easy to arrange :D

Quote:

To the Dumb or dark side of hampshire who continually inhabit our board

we are 38 places above your rotten inbred team and with all your Billionaries money (which hasnt been seen so far this season)

can you tell us why wasn't your team playing today ?- no undersoil heating & this in your so called state of the (f)art stadium = no investment just millions robbed by woopert & this despite the old ******** of the thousands of years you have been in the "top flight" Portsmouth have fought for the last 20 odd years to get to the premier and we are premier league , you are NOT you have the temerity to come on here and say you are a big club -- we dont rely on "piped fans" for an atmosphere at our ground & we dont have half our ground close cause we cannot afford to police it ! WE ARE POMPEY so fecking do one!

He does seem a tad sensitive

Just when one starts to feel a modicum of pity for them, you see bollix like this, reminding me why I'd rather see them can rot in hell.

Dear Lord, now we KNOW they really are thick down there.

Some points.

Dubai inc is currently bankrupt. Not only are there "headline" debt rescheduling talks ongoing at the moment, but under the radar, not only are the banks not getting paid for the loans, the TRADE creditors are not getting paid. That effectively doubles the headline figure for the indebtedness of Dubai Inc.

With the naming rights to the Sewing Needle having been ceded to Abu Dhabi while they try to hold on to ownership of their flagship brands of Emirates and Jumeira Hotels group, the very idea that his Excellency would be able to dig into his "presonal wealth" to stump up some 40million + pounds is ludicrous.

One other important "Investment Criteria" that the varying Dubai Inc operations hold is this phrase. "What is the value add to the future generations of our country"?

Sure, with the negative press these days, perhaps people other there are beginning to believe some of it and that He really has lost his marbles and wishes to be seen as a laughing stock>

Think you'll find their answer will be that they have a big enough commitment to English Football "thank you very much" - The Emirates Stadium is one part and all those World Cup Packages they are trying to sell you lot from Emirates WC sponsorship.

Still, if they want an introduction, it's easy to arrange :D

They really are pantomine Peter Pan's, living in they're very own fantasy world. lol

Plus their straw clutching digs at Liebherr, just shows they're earthworm level intelligence.

They truely are an embarrasing joke! FIFA KICK THEY'RE A-RSE!!! :smt116

A while back Job site jumped on to the pompey bandwagon after spotting an opportunity for a cheap shirt deal.

How bad does it have to get before Job Site decide that the publicity surrounding Pompey is beginning to impact it's own brand? I am not entirely sure that I would want my business associated with the carry on down there.

I cannot imagine that Job Site are "Proud" sponsers at the moment

A while back Job site jumped on to the pompey bandwagon after spotting an opportunity for a cheap shirt deal.

How bad does it have to get before Job Site decide that the publicity surrounding Pompey is beginning to impact it's own brand? I am not entirely sure that I would want my business associated with the carry on down there.

I cannot imagine that Job Site are "Proud" sponsers at the moment

I'm not sure that it wouldn't be a good opportunity to re-negotiate that deal anyway. I bet that many (as on here) had never heard of 'jobsite' before Pompey signed up with them. Now their name is almost a household name in the football supporting households of the country.

The exec who signed the deal must be rubbing his hands with glee imo.

Mark Jacobs was interviewed on 5live this morning - said nothing that should give any Pompey fan any comfort or reassurance, no matter how hard he tried to talk up their predicament. Refers to Pompey's 'phenomenal fan-base'(!)

Link here - Jacobs interview is in the last 15 minutes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00psqtf/Sportsweek_10_01_2010/

Just read the updates this morning & it seems the pressure is really starting to mount now. With all the foreign clubs & agents now pressurising UEFA & FIFA, looks like the EPL will have some questions to answer as they can no longer keep this in house, & brush it under the carpet. I think FIFA have been dying to take action against the EPL for the last few years & Pompey are giving them the chance to do it.

As for the Latset Shiek roumours, as Dubai Phil has explained they really are getting increasingly desperate & moronic. Also what a LOL moment at that Idiot Skate's hissy fit

CB Saint Quote:

To the Dumb or dark side of hampshire who continually inhabit our board

we are 38 places above your rotten inbred team and with all your Billionaries money (which hasnt been seen so far this season)

Apart from Lambert, Hammond, Harding. And know Fonte & more to come.Oh almost forgot the UPDATED training facilities apart from that nothing except the 12/13-million to buy us in the first place apart from that updating the dressing rooms at SMS apart from that ERR ???? Tight Bar-steward :rolleyes:

can you tell us why wasn't your team playing today ?- no undersoil heating & this in your so called state of the (f)art stadium = no investment just millions robbed by woopert & this despite the old ******** of the thousands of years you have been in the "top flight" Portsmouth have fought for the last 20 odd years to get to the premier and we are premier league , you are NOT you have the temerity to come on here and say you are a big club -- we dont rely on "piped fans" for an atmosphere at our ground & we dont have half our ground close cause we cannot afford to police it ! WE ARE POMPEY so fecking do one!

He does seem a tad sensitive

LOL at the quotes of him being in the Nazi Party, what a bunch of thick mongs born 2 years after the War finished HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Unfortunately this cannot surely continue for much longer (HOWEVER I WISH IT COULD) as I'm enjoying this thread so much, no matter how bad a day you've had you can always come on this thread & it immediately gives you a laugh or two to raise your spirits.

Their indebtedness and the collateral against which the debt is secured has made identifying the beneficial ownership a joke.

I think I remember that when we got into financial problems we tried to pull the wool over the Football League's eyes by suggesting there was no link between our Plc and the Football Club.

Mawhinney said that the FL conducted a forensic analysis of our accounts and concluded that the two entities were inextricably linked, we were docked points and here we are. Mawhinney said he owed it to the other clubs in the league to ensure that we didn't benefit from over stretching ourselves financially. Fair enough.

How can the sleepy little Football League act so quickly to guard its reputation and protect its members but yet the Premier League is allowing itself to be drawn into this shambles? They are becoming an impotent laughing stock.

And forgetting the Premier League's reputation, how about the teams who think they might finish in the bottom 3 or 4 of the Prem' this year? Surely they must be putting pressure on the Prem' to clamp down on Pompey.

PFC has demonstrated 3 times this year already that they have 'benefited' from 'talent' that they plainly cannot actually afford to pay.

What if a team was relegated and by some chance Pompey managed to stay up, surely they'd turn to legal proceedings to see if Prem rules had been enforced correctly?

It could be a nightmare.

In fairness the 'Talent' has been paid and to date are owed nothing, I would agree that if any organisation is well run then staff would be paid on time, however the fact remains they HAVE all been paid.

PES, do you race greyhounds at Pompey?

No, I have a retired Greyhound though, 'Galactic Warrior', his father Bypass Byway was the 2002 Irish Greyhound Champion, his son sadly never lived up to his breeding, hence why he's currently sprawled across my front room floor, stinking the place out! but he's a lovely boy. :D

In fairness the 'Talent' has been paid and to date are owed nothing, I would agree that if any organisation is well run then staff would be paid on time, however the fact remains they HAVE all been paid.

But pompey have had to take a loan out to pay their staff. This is NOT normal business practice. If they simply don't have the cash to pay the staff and have had to take out a loan 3 months on a row it just can't continue... there willc ome a point when the amount being paid back in loans exceeds the amoutn coming in each month (Some woudl say this has already happened)...

Of course, it won't come to that, because as soon as the transfer window shuts and anything saleable has gone pompey will be liquidated...

I'm not disputing that you have paid the 'talent' PES. I'm disputing whether you can afford to pay the 'talent'.

From where I sit, it appears that you were only able to afford to play the 'talent' by not paying the likes of HMRC, Watford, Udinese, Chelsea, et al.

And if I remember correctly the term used to describe a business that can't pay its debts in the order in which they fall due is "f***ed".

And using HMRC to finance your Premier League campaign is gaining an unfair advantage over your 'peers' in the league that haven't also been extended the same facility.

And that ultimately could get the Premier League into hot water - especially if you somehow stay up and solvent.

Just suppose you sued someone and won £16m.

Just suppose they couldn't pay from the usual channels.

Just suppose the debtor suggested to the creditor to make a loan to a football club without actually paying in any funds and using their stadium as security. Thus allowing payment of debt through legit funds.

Didn't Chainrai always maintain he had no interest in a football club?

Just to add a bit more credence to this theory the Mail On Sunday has a whole page devoted to who's who at Pompey. It appears that Chanrai has lent Pompey £17 million. He won £16.5 million from Gaydamak.

Helluva coincidence you'd have to agree?

Just to add a bit more credence to this theory the Mail On Sunday has a whole page devoted to who's who at Pompey. It appears that Chanrai has lent Pompey £17 million. He won £16.5 million from Gaydamak.

is it possible to lend PFC money and become a creditor without actually handing them any cash?

No, I have a retired Greyhound though, 'Galactic Warrior', his father Bypass Byway was the 2002 Irish Greyhound Champion, his son sadly never lived up to his breeding, hence why he's currently sprawled across my front room floor, stinking the place out! but he's a lovely boy. :D

Do you pick his **** up?

is it possible to lend PFC money and become a creditor without actually handing them any cash?

I suppose it is on paper?

If I sue you for £100 and win and you can't pay me but offer a half share in your car that's worth £200?

The fact that your car is a cut and shut, has no wheels and is an M.O.T. failure is beside the point.

You have gone up greatly in my estimation. Anyone who gives a home to a retired greyhound can't be all bad. (Perhaps your P*mpey affiliation/aberration was just down to a bad choice of friends as a boy)

You have gone up greatly in my estimation. Anyone who gives a home to a retired greyhound can't be all bad. (Perhaps your P*mpey affiliation/aberration was just down to a bad choice of friends as a boy)

+1.

Something must have gone horribly wrong somewhere in the past for him to have ended up as one of the blue few.

I see you Pony Boys are putting 2+2 together and making 4 again;)

I still think this is where the fun and games really lie. And what the EPL are quietly cr*pping themselves over.

Somewhere deep within this hornets' nest of Israelis/Jews aiding and funding an invisible and unknown alleged Arab owner lies the dead hand of Arcadi Gaydamak. The EPL should never have let his son own a football club. The fact that it has been used as nothing more than a money-churner is plain to see, even to us simple fellows.

And now, as the reputation of English football is dragged through the mire, nobody from the EPL is prepared to open up the nest full of deals within deals, loans to an insolvent company from former (or perhaps still current) friends of the father of the ex-owner, financial advisors with serious criminal records operating in the shadows and all the rest of it, for fear of what they'll find, and worse, be held accountable for.