Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I can't see the EPL lifting the embargo until PFC can demonstrate that they have enough cash to cover operating costs (wages) for the rest of the season.

You can imagine the headlines if Pompey miss next months wages after shelling out £4m on another player. Even if they pick up free transfers the scumbag agents will still want paying.

Azougy promised to pay off £40m of debts by this Sunday, which presumably includes the £28m to Gaydamak.

To be honest given that the salt that you need to take with his statements could easily grit the road of england for a week I am more interested in the dates by which they have to pay money than the dates they promise to pay money.

Edited by pedg

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-promise-an-end-to.5966105.jp

Confirms the money to pay the salaries was a loan again, but no indication who from or against what.

Funny really they promise an end to wage delays but if this payment was a loan then no indication really that they have the money to hand to pay next months.

Also goes on about getting the embago lifted by the 12th once the sky money has gone to the clubs they owe money too but no mention of the fact that the PL want proof they can cover future debts before lifting the embargo.

Also, also. some confusion about whether any of the money is going the Lens as this article implies it is where as another recently quoting someone from the PL says its only to pay english clubs and the debt to Lens will still be outstanding.

TH1_81201057ra%20Mark%20Jacob.jpg

Mark Jacob checking he still has his passport and plane ticket....

Edited by pedg

That is soooooo David James.

Seems fairly obvious. Who out of the Pompey squad would be able to construct proper sentences rather than the usual footballer soundbites and might have a direct line into the Guardian sport desk? Perhaps someone who writes a weekly column for their Sunday edition...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Pompey-promise-an-end-to.5966105.jp

Confirms the money to pay the salaries was a loan again, but no indication who from or against what.

Funny really they promise an end to wage delays but if this payment was a loan then no indication really that they have the money to hand to pay next months.

Also goes on about getting the embago lifted by the 12th once the sky money has gone to the clubs they owe money too but no mention of the fact that the PL want proof they can cover future debts before lifting the embargo.

Also, also. some confusion about whether any of the money is going the Lens as this article implies it is where as another recently quoting someone from the PL says its only to pay english clubs and the debt to Lens will still be outstanding.

Have to say I was under the impression that the sky money was to pay outstanding debt to English clubs only, but may be wrong. There had been quotes that they had 7-million to come but owed 10-million to English clubs & that Lens debt was on top of that. Also they only have 20 days until the next wages are due! Keeps the soap opera rolling on!

Azougy promised to pay off £40m of debts by this Sunday, which presumably includes the £28m to Gaydamak.

I thought it was 9m for Gaydamak at end of Jan with 28m due in 2012. Why would they pay off the 28m two years early, doesn't make sense given their predicament.

Anwyay, I can't see them finding 40m bhat let alone pounds!

Just thinking aloud... but I suppose that since this money-laundering operation has been relatively successful once, there is nothing to stop someone else having a punt in that direction ? There must be a few people out there with 'atypical' businesses needing somewhere to clean up there cash ? Maybe the sort ot people that convicted fraudsters and arms dealers might know ?

I suppose I'm just speculating that its just possible Poopey might find another sugar-daddy that needs the kind of facility the club appears to provide. Might explain why the club hasn't been left to fold, now that (as I understand it) there is a mechanism for Gaydamak to get his cash back - minus acceptable losses?

My money would be on David James, not least as he used to write a column for the Observer. Then again, that would make him the most obvious suspect. Hmm, maybe it's a very clever double-bluff on his part...

Seems fairly obvious. Who out of the Pompey squad would be able to construct proper sentences rather than the usual footballer soundbites and might have a direct line into the Guardian sport desk? Perhaps someone who writes a weekly column for their Sunday edition...

Does make sense, but my first thought was Steve Finan... isn't he their player union rep or something?

Just thinking aloud... but I suppose that since this money-laundering operation has been relatively successful once, there is nothing to stop someone else having a punt in that direction ? There must be a few people out there with 'atypical' businesses needing somewhere to clean up there cash ? Maybe the sort ot people that convicted fraudsters and arms dealers might know ?

I suppose I'm just speculating that its just possible Poopey might find another sugar-daddy that needs the kind of facility the club appears to provide. Might explain why the club hasn't been left to fold, now that (as I understand it) there is a mechanism for Gaydamak to get his cash back - minus acceptable losses?

Indeed, those losses are only what has been shrunk in the Laundromat.

Surely if it was successful once, it was largely down to being a small relatively anonymous club, with little national interest.... I imagine the press attention alone would make any serious money launderer to look elsewhere... say Watford?

Surely if it was successful once, it was largely down to being a small relatively anonymous club, with little national interest.... I imagine the press attention alone would make any serious money launderer to look elsewhere... say Watford?

Watford are a listed company - plenty of attention in their direction from the regulators...

I thought it was 9m for Gaydamak at end of Jan with 28m due in 2012. Why would they pay off the 28m two years early, doesn't make sense given their predicament.

Anwyay, I can't see them finding 40m bhat let alone pounds!

Don't ask me, ask Azougy. He'll give you a credible answer. But that's what he said - £40 million paid off by Sunday.

This is on top of the claim that after the players were p[aid, the fans would immediately get some news that would make them all happy.

Does he mean us?

I guess the PL would have to weigh up what was more damaging to them - letting a PL club go to the wall, or turning a blind-eye to stuff that is incredibly difficult to prove.

Its not as though it dosn't appear obvious whats going on at the moment - and yet it continues. I guess Gaysamank will have his final wodge of cash back relatively soon... and away he goes, job-done!

Question of interest is what it going to happen when the 8/9 million is due to gaddyboy? There are those of a more conspiratorial nature who think he/his father is still effective control of the club so will be interesting to see what happens when that money is due. One doubts they will be able to sell enough to pay the wage bill, the tax bill and him so either he is not going to get it or they will have to get the money elsewhere.

Don't ask me, ask Azougy. He'll give you a credible answer. But that's what he said - £40 million paid off by Sunday.

This is on top of the claim that after the players were p[aid, the fans would immediately get some news that would make them all happy.

Does he mean us?

IMO, that is not what he said (the £40m bit). He chose his words carefully, but it my interpretation was that from the time they took over PFC to the end of this week they will have paid off £40m of debt.

That could mean something or nothing. It might include the wages and other operating debts - it might ignore the fact that to pay off these debts they got into more debt with borrowings. Who knows. Smoke and Mirrors.

He did clearly say the bit about this exciting news that would make the skates happy....no idea what happened there.

IMO, that is not what he said (the £40m bit). He chose his words carefully, but it my interpretation was that from the time they took over PFC to the end of this week they will have paid off £40m of debt.

That could mean something or nothing. It might include the wages and other operating debts - it might ignore the fact that to pay off these debts they got into more debt with borrowings. Who knows. Smoke and Mirrors.

He did clearly say the bit about this exciting news that would make the skates happy....no idea what happened there.

Your correct he said they would of paid off £40m of debt by the weekend. Remember though they payed off this £40m in the summer through player sales. This is not new debt their paying off just advising they have paid some off. The books will show this but unfortunately he is not talking about new debt but old debt that has been removed.

The guy is very cleaver on how he is putting this and is just spinning everyone along. I am almost starting to feel sorry for them. But then I come to my senses and just smile.

Watch the transfer window carefully, this is now a game of chicken.

pompey mouthing off to about everything being fine, to try and prevent knock down sales. Cast your mind back to last year, Saints were in the same position. My guess is that our reluctance to sell anyone on the cheap (Infact we increased our squad) was the straw that broke the camels back for Barclays.

The creditors wont make a move until after the transfer window closes, and they see how much revenue has been generated.. pompeys immeadiate priorty is HMRC, but they've got that one in hand and HRMC will withdraw the petition next week :D:D

pompeys immeadiate priorty is HMRC, but they've got that one in hand and HRMC will withdraw the petition next week :D:D

Yes, they are just waiting for the sky cheque from the PL to drop onto their doormat and they are going to post that off to the HRMC as soon as it arrives :D

Does he mean us?

Yeh sorry Verbal, I should have gone straight to the convicted fraudster :-D

And hopefully he does mean us rather than the blue few.

It's bound to be that £35m standard bank loan they paid off in the summer.. he makes no direct mention of the current owners having paid off any debt just "the club" which includes no time frame or anything.....

Thats what I said. Stop nicking my posts and trying to pass them off as your own.

Just suppose you sued someone and won £16m.

Just suppose they couldn't pay from the usual channels.

Just suppose the debtor suggested to the creditor to make a loan to a football club without actually paying in any funds and using their stadium as security. Thus allowing payment of debt through legit funds.

Didn't Chainrai always maintain he had no interest in a football club?

Going slightly off kilter, can anyone tell me who made the 'downfall' video because someone has just said that it originated from poopey. TBH I find that hard to believe. The sense of humour itself has got to be from Southampton, not to mention the technology behind it.

Going slightly off kilter, can anyone tell me who made the 'downfall' video because someone has just said that it originated from poopey. TBH I find that hard to believe. The sense of humour itself has got to be from Southampton, not to mention the technology behind it.

jonny bognor from this place did the first one on pompey...

If your talking about this one (which is version 2.0):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT_DZuT8euw

Then yes it was me (look at my youtube username for a clue :rolleyes:)

jonny bognor from this place did the first one on pompey...

The first poopey knew about it was when Delldays posted it on their forum :D:D:D

The later one did come from poopey (

) .....just like everything they do, they are second rate and second best.

I have another clip from the downfall film all ready to go for when they enter into administration.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

Just suppose you sued someone and won £16m.

Just suppose they couldn't pay from the usual channels.

Just suppose the debtor suggested to the creditor to make a loan to a football club without actually paying in any funds and using their stadium as security. Thus allowing payment of debt through legit funds.

Didn't Chainrai always maintain he had no interest in a football club?

Check my post on this thread from Dec 8th, I had the same kind of thoughts...

If your talking about this one (which is version 2.0):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT_DZuT8euw

Then yes it was me (look at my youtube username for a clue :rolleyes:)

The first poopey knew about it was when Delldays posted it on their forum :D:D:D

The later one did come from poopey (

) .....just like everything they do, they are second rate and second best.

I have another clip from the downfall film all ready to go for when they enter into administration.

:D Just brilliant, both of them, funniest footie humour for years! What software did you use for these?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})