Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have they paid or haven't they then?

I think its a fairly safe bet to say that they would have been paid today.

With Story teller and Jacob saying it was all done, I think the PL would close them down if they fooked it again.

It will be interesting to see what happens between now and the 10th as this is when "the money to secure the long term future" is apparently due and when everything becomes rosy again.

Wages yes - Big dollop of investment - highly doubtful

Have they paid or haven't they then?

The Jacobs guy said on radio that "they should of been paid this afternoon"

Translated

"were still coming up with the latest excuse" :)

They say they have the money now so you would expect it to have been done today. That is if they are not talking crap again!

The Jacobs guy said on radio that "they should of been paid this afternoon"

Translated

"were still coming up with the latest excuse" :)

They say they have the money now so you would expect it to have been done today. That is if they are not talking crap again!

It seems an odd thing to say. If the money was in HIS account, then he will know for sure if they have been paid or not.

Um!!!!!........I wonder who by????.....the PFA perchance!!!!!

I think that if the PFA had stumped up the money they'd be making a lot of noise about it. Chances are it's yet another loan, as had been suggested previously; I should think it took a lot of looking for them to find anyone willing to lend to them.

In the meantime, we're all waiting with bated breath for Mr Jacob's announcement which will make the fans very happy...

I notice nothing in any of the main press sites showing that they have been paid. Have SSN just taken MJ's word for it and published the story or is it true.

Personally until I see it on the BBC website I would take it as they have not been paid. Or at least there is no firm confirmation that they have been paid.

Remember SSN said Paul Allen was only days away from purchasing us. (They are almost as bad as any tabloid news paper really as they go on mainly hear say)

I notice nothing in any of the main press sites showing that they have been paid. Have SSN just taken MJ's word for it and published the story or is it true.

Personally until I see it on the BBC website I would take it as they have not been paid. Or at least there is no firm confirmation that they have been paid.

Remember SSN said Paul Allen was only days away from purchasing us. (They are almost as bad as any tabloid news paper really as they go on mainly hear say)

It's on here: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-players-finally-paid.5965200.jp but still nothing on the BBC site.

heard it on bbc news

I think that if the PFA had stumped up the money they'd be making a lot of noise about it. Chances are it's yet another loan, as had been suggested previously; I should think it took a lot of looking for them to find anyone willing to lend to them.

In the meantime, we're all waiting with bated breath for Mr Jacob's announcement which will make the fans very happy...

I guess it looks like they're finally getting a big investment? :confused::mad:

amazing that after all these lies and let downs, Jacobs personally went on radio solent this morning to say they would be paid this morning before they arrived at training - and they couldn't even manage that!

Paid this afternoon

It's on here: http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-players-finally-paid.5965200.jp but still nothing on the BBC site.

You couldn't make it up......but they truely believe it's allright to peek over the bedcovers!!! a response from the above link!!

Singha Beer,

Clear as daylight 07/01/2010 16:23:49

As i said earlier today, Jacob, as much as we may not like him, he is a reputable lawyer and very credible.

he wont be making pr talk and lies.

his firm had the money on escrow and released it, simple, so those unhappies who doubted him may now stop being so uneducated.

he, jacob, has also stated there will be an influx of money, expect some bank working capital/overdraft since we are in the enviable position of not having any.

expect some more directors or preferred loans of 10-20mn from friends or associates of the director in form of loans guaranteed by the owner ie the club.

also expect sky money

all in all an unbeaten january so far, and expect to stay unbeaten and move out the bottom 3 and next round of the cup

expect embargo lifted and 1 or 2 in and 1 or 2 out, no dramas

lots of old wives at this site talking all kind of old wives tales

please re focus on the facts today and coming weeks

our real debt ie dont bother counting directors loans is am bout zip

what we owe on transfers is offset by what we are owed transfers

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8446488.stm

Portsmouth executive director Mark Jacob insists there will be no fire sale of players by the cash-strapped club in the January transfer window. Jacob told BBC Radio Solent: "I can assure fans that won't happen.

"But, quite clearly every player has their price, and if Avram (Grant) feels there are players surplus to requirements then we will support him."

Of course no asset stripper (I mean 'lawyer' working with the best interests of Pompey at heart) would ever say the squad are for sale, as it would devalue them... Interesting that Jacob is already trying to pin the blame for the forthcoming sales on Grant though...

On PA now http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hUXbWLHjBrSnkSIQWGAakLfBAEhQ

Edited by Joensuu

You couldn't make it up......but they truely believe it's allright to peek over the bedcovers!!! a response from the above link!!

Singha Beer,

As i said earlier today, Jacob, as much as we may not like him, he is a reputable lawyer and very credible.

his firm had the money on escrow and released it, simple, so those unhappies who doubted him may now stop being so uneducated.

he, jacob, has also stated there will be an influx of money, expect some bank working capital/overdraft since we are in the enviable position of not having any.

expect some more directors or preferred loans of 10-20mn from friends or associates of the director in form of loans guaranteed by the owner ie the club.

also expect sky money

all in all an unbeaten january so far, and expect to stay unbeaten and move out the bottom 3 and next round of the cup

rofl.gif

I want some of what this guy is on! :rolleyes:

You'd have thought they would make an announcement on their OS but not a dicky bird!!

No, their OS has to keep on pretending all is well - you might say that, like many of the poor deluded supporters, it's in "La la la I'm not listening" mode!

Singha Beer,

also expect sky money

Well there is one part that is provable false.

Singha Beer,

also expect sky money

That really takes the biscuit (or maybe the fish cake). Can this fool truly believe that yet more loans will be a wonderful thing? And does he or she not realise that the Sky money will be paid directly to other clubs who are still owed by Pompey? And what are these directors' loans? As far as I know Gaydamak and Chainrai aren't directors.

This really does just get funnier every day - I never want it to end.

Edit: it's just occurred to me that Singha Beer must be the name dear old Corp Ho uses on The News web site!

Edited by Fowllyd

It will be interesting to see what happens between now and the 10th as this is when "the money to secure the long term future" is apparently due and when everything becomes rosy again.

Wages yes - Big dollop of investment - highly doubtful

Isn't Gaydamak owed the first installment of his £28m on the 12th? I wonder if that payment will be late as well?

Hm, I'm beginning to wonder...

With Standard Bank calling in their loan ages ago, with the lawyer saying they have no bank facility and that the money was in HIS account ready to be paid...

Plus they only accepted cash for the FA Cup game...

I wonder if they even have a bank account at all at the moment?

It'll be interesting to see which brave soul has provided PFC with their latest cash injection - or I should say 'drip feed' . With their credit rating presumably equaling that of Lehman Brothers if its another loan I'd imagine the interest rate charged could well be 'substantial' as they say in banking circles , and God alone knows what security they have left to offer anybody .

Another link of interest...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jan/07/portsmouth-ali-al-faraj-players-wages

A senior Portsmouth player has blasted the regime of the club's owner, Ali al-Faraj, accusing it of "complete mismanagement across the board" and demanding that the squad be told the "truth" regarding the direction of the club. Portsmouth paid the players their delayed December wages today.

The player, speaking on condition of anonymity, said continuing uncertainty over salaries was affecting the morale of the players, particularly those who were desperate to pay their rent or mortgages.

Speaking before the wages arrived in players' accounts late this afternoon, on what was the club's third, self-imposed deadline for such a payment, the player said: "It's complete mismanagement across the board and whoever's guilty is going to get away with it. We were told yesterday that all wages would be in our accounts today – except for those with international bank accounts. But we still haven't been paid. It's a farce. The players just want to be told the truth.

Also from the comment in the News article...ROFL at the ads underneath, methinks Pimpy need all those services:D

Singha Beer - we are all grateful to you.

A few months ago you told us we were all wrong about SAF and, well, we all know how that turned out, don't we?

Now, using your insightfulness and extensive knowledge of international financial markets you are able to tell us that all is well now at the end of Frogmore Road.

That's great news! Do you think we'll qualify for Europe this season? Got to be a top 10 finish at least surely?

By the way, how is it on your planet? Still made of green cheese is it? Mums and Dads still getting little boys and girls delivered by storks?

No IR35 Problems Contractors can take home up to 88% from contract work safely

•  

abg-en-100c-ffffff.png

Edited by Gingeletiss

Strewth, there seems more concern and stress on here this evening about the fact they may have paid the wages than there probably is on the skate forums.

They paid the players.

This is good news.

The cunning plan is to make this last ALL season, there's no fun in it all coming unravelled in the middle of a snow storm.

Plenty more to come, they'll get some loan money in, they'll get peanuts for some players but get stuck with the ones they don't want.

They'll end up with 4 left backs and no right wingers. Chillax gang just think how much more the pain hurts after you've had false hopes.

We should know.

This still has months to run

A little snippet from the Guardian article linked to above - from as close to the horse's mouth as you're likely to get:

The club's executive director, Mark Jacob, said: "When you take out a huge amount of money from the club in the summer, which is long-term debt, and you have a situation where you need to deal with refinancing and you can't get that refinancing automatically – it's like if someone asks you to repay your mortgage overnight. What are you going to do? You're going to struggle, aren't you?"

Well, you wouldn't struggle over a £100,000 mortgage if you had £100,000,000 at your disposal. So where's all this Al-Faraj wealth gone then? Wasn't it supposed to be billions, not mere millions? As is invariably the case in this particular farce, everything any protagonist says to justify or explain what's going on simply raises more questions, or contradicts previous statements.

A little snippet from the Guardian article linked to above - from as close to the horse's mouth as you're likely to get:

Well, you wouldn't struggle over a £100,000 mortgage if you had £100,000,000 at your disposal. So where's all this Al-Faraj wealth gone then? Wasn't it supposed to be billions, not mere millions? As is invariably the case in this particular farce, everything any protagonist says to justify or explain what's going on simply raises more questions, or contradicts previous statements.

Yeah its like the cold war,Bluff,double bluff. And more bluffing.

:rolleyes:

My money would be on David James, not least as he used to write a column for the Observer. Then again, that would make him the most obvious suspect. Hmm, maybe it's a very clever double-bluff on his part...

Don't know why any of their players would be THAT bothered by saying that public, its hardly a surprise that that's what they think and I doubt any of them would lose too much sleep if they became unpopular and the skates got rid - in other words what do any of them have to lose?

Singha Beer,

Oh please get real you moron, your in the enviable position NOT!because no legitimate Banking organisation will touch you with a barge pole, let alone offer you an overdraft facility.

Jesus some of these people really do live in a fantasy world, and don't forget to just ignore the loans to directors they can be forgotten about LOL

icanthearyou-main_Full.jpg

I this Singha Beer LA La La La I cant hear you Everything is all right.

Does this mean that they've now filled in their application to www.QuickQuid.com & its been approved. Also that troublesome file has now been moved, and allowed the funds to be ready to go!

Seems to me that its just the latest loan to pay this months wages are in place, the rest is just the same Bulls**t rhetoric to which we've become accustomed.

As much as I have a nagging doubt that they will get out of this, I just can't see how? In the current financial climate who, unless your a wealthy fan with a minimum 50-million to burn would be interested in throwing money down the black hole that is PFC. They have no viable assets & nothing to secure loans against. unless I'm missing something.

42-15981855.jpg?size=67&uid=460F4E42-1A9E-416D-84EF-14C59C705441

Interesting to see that Plymouth Argyle have had their transfer embargo (also for unpaid debts) lifted now the debts ar paid. I wonder if the Premier League will be as forgiving as the Football League? No idea how great Argyle's debts were. If Pompey's embargo is lifted it becomes even more of a face doesn't it? If you have a £60m debt and can't pay the bills because your income isn't high enough, that's bad. If you borrow another £10 to cover the other debts (thereby getting into even deeper s**t, that's ok...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})