Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I'm waiting for the inevitable announcement from Mr Jacobs stating that the money has gone missing.

It was in his account last night, we all know that as he told SSN, but this morning when he went to the bank to pay the wages the money had disappeared, he obviously doesn't know where it's gone, but it'll surely be blamed on a bank error - again!

indeed..whilst he is sipping a "sex on the beach" ****tail in a non extradition country..

Reality is a lot less - most are borderline prem quality playing for the bottom team & no-one outside prem has any money to spend

1 David James (G) - free

3 Younes Kaboul (D) - up to £4m - only one woth anything

4 Aaron Mokoena (D) - came as a free

6 Hayden Mullins (M) -came as a free

7 Hermann Hreidarsson (D) - Free

8 Pape Bouba Diop (M) - £1m (at absolute most) Also on huge wages

11 Michael Brown (M) - Free - age

14 Mike Williamson (D) -£500k

16 Steve Finnan (D) -free - age/fitness

17 John Utaka (F) - Free (due to massive wages)

19 Danny Webber (F) -£500k

20 Tommy Smith (F) -£500k

21 Jamie Ashdown (G) -£250k

22 Richard Hughes (M) -£500k

23 Kevin Boateng (M) Can't be sold Can't be sold, but still worth c. 4m (for accounts)

26 Tal Ben-Haim (D) - £2m tops plus big wage

27 N****wo Kanu (F) - Free

29 Antti Niemi (G) - Free

31 Asmir Begovic (G) - £1m

33 Angelos Basinas (M) - Free

35 Mark Wilson (D) - £500k

37 Gael Nlundulu (M) free

39 Nadir Belhadj (D) - £4m

I reckon absolute tops is £15 million (£20 if you include Boateng). Only Kaboul, Belhadj & poss Ben Haim woth anything more than a weeks wage bill and a lot of the biggest earners are unshiftable even for free

This is realistic IMO, with possibly more for Begovic who is looking pretty good ATM.

Not sure if this has been posted before:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Time-for-Azougy-to-talk.5962526.jp

An interesting analysis of the numbers - plus the fact that Azougy has apparently denied saying the things quoted in the Guardian a day or two back.

When you read the comments you understand just how thick these people are.

They actually believe that they've reached a turning point in terms of finanace!

An interesting analysis of the numbers - plus the fact that Azougy has apparently denied saying the things quoted in the Guardian a day or two back.

Playing squad worth £50-55m :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolleyes:

Under "firesale" conditions, they can scrub 60% of that value off to begin with.

Peter Storrie-Teller currently on SNS, "wages have been paid" and he "hopes" this won't happen next month. Oh "not yet in players hands"....lots of coughing and spluttering! :)

And of course by "next month" he means "this month" as January's wages are due in just over a couple of weeks!

Not sure how correct his figures are as he says

A total of £11m will have also reached the club from Sky by the middle of this month.

Some £4m of that went to Watford and Arsenal early last month to meet missed transfer instalments. The outstanding £7m will be settled on January 10.

Um, no it will not as we all know that the outstanding 7 million has been withheld by the PL.

and no mention of the money owed to Lens.

Edited by pedg

just been on that pompey site

some have it on good info that markus has loaned us the money he has spent and will run the club like gaydamack did for them

bitter ****s

I raised this in an earlier post. The first set of accounts will be interesting, assuming we get to see the numbers going forward. Personally, I don't think that ML is the spend, spend, spend type and he and NC want to make SFC as self sufficient as possible. But as NC has said before, "funds are available".

Fowllyd Not sure if this has been posted before:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Ti...alk.5962526.jp

When you read the comments you understand just how thick these people are.

They actually believe that they've reached a turning point in terms of finanace!

I just can't believe the way that some of their fans are burying their heads in the sand. 28-million to Gaydamac & 20-million to Chainrai they don't matter WTF. They just don't get it do they.

Bunch of Pinocchio's :---) love the way they give out statements & then deny them LOL.

P.S have the players been paid yet? no thought not

some have it on good info that markus has loaned us the money he has spent and will run the club like gaydamack did for them

bitter ****s

NC has answered this question and stated that there are no loans to the club what so ever.

They really are clutching at anything at all to make them feel better.

I remember when ML saved us they were also saying the ML would have to sell us because he owed sultan bin trump something like £500m or something stuipd.

NC has answered this question and stated that there are no loans to the club what so ever.

They really are clutching at anything at all to make them feel better.

I remember when ML saved us they were also saying the ML would have to sell us because he owed sultan bin trump something like £500m or something stuipd.

LMFAO, such a bunch of retards.

Seriously... what is wrong with them!?!?

bitter ****s

Even if he did want his money back we are now being run as a solvent going concern, not a money pit

So where are we now?

Liabilities:

* We think that this month's salaries are paid but not clear how the money was acquired and what it was secured against.

* The PML will pay off the immediate English club fees but overseas liabilities such as Lens still looming

* Sacha wants his £9 million at the end of the month

* Taxman has to have money before court hearing

* Presumably the agents are desperate to get theirs but so far have not hit the club with a demand.

Assets:

* There is a short window to do some player sales but options are limited by Fifa restrictions etc

* Pimpey are bandying around an accounting value of their squad presumably because otherwise someone might work out they have net negative assets. IN any case sales will mean certain relegation.

* They can probably raise some money from sponsorship and early bird season ticket sales but this amount will be diminished by the threat of relegation. It also creates a great cashflow danger in the summer when have no other revenues imminent.

Verdict: So presuming can make sales they might just get through to the end of the season. But then what?

A white knight or administration seem to remain the only way out.

Even if their squad was worth £50m(which it won't be under current conditions), if they were to sell all of that, their debts are £90m, and then they are not only left with £40m to pay off but also no decent enough players to win anything and gain any money back with. They are doomed!!! The only thing that can save them is if some foolish bored Billionaire comes along(a real one this time), and just injects loads of cash in the short term and completely overhauls everything.

So where are we now?

Liabilities:

* We think that this month's salaries are paid but not clear how the money was acquired and what it was secured against.

* The PML will pay off the immediate English club fees but overseas liabilities such as Lens still looming

* Sacha wants his £9 million at the end of the month

* Taxman has to have money before court hearing

* Presumably the agents are desperate to get theirs but so far have not hit the club with a demand.

Assets:

* There is a short window to do some player sales but options are limited by Fifa restrictions etc

* Pimpey are bandying around an accounting value of their squad presumably because otherwise someone might work out they have net negative assets. IN any case sales will mean certain relegation.

* They can probably raise some money from sponsorship and early bird season ticket sales but this amount will be diminished by the threat of relegation. It also creates a great cashflow danger in the summer when have no other revenues imminent.

Verdict: So presuming can make sales they might just get through to the end of the season. But then what?

A white knight or administration seem to remain the only way out.

I think the key will be the £9m. They can probably sell enough players to pay the tax man and keep the other creditors from the door for a while longer but to pay back the £9m on top they will have to probably sell £13M or so worth of players (plus there may be sell on clauses etc so they may get less, assuming they honour the sell on agreements). One of the news articles mentions they are trying to 'call in' some early installments on players they have sold. One assumes this would be something like the deal we did with arsenal from Theo's payment but would be down to negotiations with the other clubs, who, one assumes can refuse so the term 'call in' is rather optimistic as best. How much that would raise I don't know?

Edited by pedg

Does any one know......

Say Pompey go into admin on 30th May - they have already been relegated but are still technically a PL club until end of May. Under Football League rules they would be deducted 10 pts to start the following season, but as they went into admin before they were members of the FL can the points deduction still be applied, or is there a potential loophole to be exploited?

Just wondering.

What are your login details?

Cheers

Summary is, three pages of the basic news articles from bbc/sky over the last month. A couple of 'they are great fans' quotes; couple of 'they used to be the only team who could rival us when we were big' quotes; some interest in the possibility of the scousers or mancs going bust.

The most interesting quotes are:

Can you imagine the complaints from Saints fans if the deduction is not at least 10 points, which is what So'ton got last season (as wll as relegation)!

However, I aniticipate the Premier League might be more generous to its clubs than the Football League was (thanks to ****bag Mawhinney).

Even Saints fans would not want to see the complete demise of Pompey - they wouldn't have an easy target (parallel Town and L***s).

there has to be some punishment tho, i dont think 10 points is too bad id prefer punishment to be more, somewhere along the line football has to rbe un properly and within its means!

lowe scfrewed saints and he should never be allowed to be on a football club baord again , as have these clowns at pompey but there has to be punishment somewhere or it will eb a never ending cycle!

Reading a lot of other clubs forums it would seem a lot of them want Pompey thrown out and have little sympathy for them.

So we got 1hr until the wages have to be paid or will have to wait tomorrow for them. Reading Storrie's messages today i noticed he said nearly everytime "As far as i am aware they will be paid today". So if they don't get paid then i think it is safe to assume he has no clue what the chuckle brothers are doing, maybe they leave him out of the loop.

have they been paid?

Jacobs said this morning on solent it would be in their accounts before morning training

solent played this interview and said it would by online shortly (think it was the 8.20 sports news) - can't find anything yet??

Perhaps they didn't manage to get money in so asked solent to lose interview!

So we got 1hr until the wages have to be paid or will have to wait tomorrow for them. Reading Storrie's messages today i noticed he said nearly everytime "As far as i am aware they will be paid today". So if they don't get paid then i think it is safe to assume he has no clue what the chuckle brothers are doing, maybe they leave him out of the loop.

Yeah that would appear to be the case. There was an interview with Storrie-teller in the Independent this morning, and he says that he no longer has any involvement in the clubs finances, and that he is no longer actively seeking new investment either, leaving it all up to the arabs. His only responsibility now is the day-to-day running of the club.

I think the key will be the £9m. They can probably sell enough players to pay the tax man and keep the other creditors from the door for a while longer but to pay back the £9m on top they will have to probably sell £13M or so worth of players (plus there may be sell on clauses etc so they may get less, assuming they honour the sell on agreements). One of the news articles mentions they are trying to 'call in' some early installments on players they have sold. One assumes this would be something like the deal we did with arsenal from Theo's payment but would be down to negotiations with the other clubs, who, one assumes can refuse so the term 'call in' is rather optimistic as best. How much that would raise I don't know?

Would also assume that whoever buys their players in this window is going to want to pay in installments as well. Poopey need these to be cash purchase so that is also going to have a significant impact on any perceived value

I like the fact that they keep saying the owners have come in and already put over £40m into the club to clear debts.

No they have not they got that money from the sale of players over the summer and used that to pay of part of their debt. At no point has anyone put any money into that club that is not secured against something as a loan.

I really am surprised they are still trading and not in Admin.

How about this for a conspiracy theory. Perhaps they are in Admin but keeping it very hush because the PL can't have a club go to the wall they are helping them find all these finances to help pay their players and keep them going until June when they will no longer be a premier league club.

How about this for a conspiracy theory. Perhaps they are in Admin but keeping it very hush because the PL can't have a club go to the wall they are helping them find all these finances to help pay their players and keep them going until June when they will no longer be a premier league club.

I think that's a fact, not a theory. Brand Premier League would take an almighty hit of they went under. However, I'm unclear how they can even get to the end of the season, unless the PL start paying off their most pressing debts...which is a major conflict of interest on their part, and what if they end up staying up. Lawsuits all over the place, me thinks