Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Who says our country is easy to get into

Oh tell me about it. Running a multi-national and needing to take clients to our factories in Ireland on a regular basis meant having to get a UK visa before being able to get an Irish one.

The amount of effort and work involved and TIME for the businessmen concerned, who, at the end of the day only wanted to spend money in the country was enormous.

Of course, if they'd wanted to simply turn up and claim the dole, well then, that was far easier to arrange....

Many months ago a couple of friends agreed to join me in my takeover of the skates, around the time Sultana Bin Trump was discovered as the front man for the ex Thai pm, and was clearly not gonna last the race.

My plan was a simple one following the mold of the Lynam and Fialka strategy, with carefully choreographed and coordinated press statements alongside an online campaign to stir up supporter frenzy on the social networks and forums.

Naturally the substantial wealth (it also would 'have taken you to a level you could not even imagine'... storrie you hero!) my consortium promised would fail to materialise, after a prolonged period which subsequently forces the skates to the wall, which was secretly the ultimate goal for my consortium.

We got concerned with the negative press and lynch mobs that might start appearing outside our houses, in the same way Fialka got busted for living in his mums bedsit with her after about 24 hours!

So, the plan never came to fruition, and I have to say it was the best decision we have ever come to! As many others have said on this thread 'you couldn't make this up/who is writing this script'. This story, since Fitzhugh Fellas leak all those months ago, has endured so many countless turns of events it is quite staggering!

With a small drop of humility, I have to admit, if Saints ended up in some bizarre Israeli/Arab/Asian power struggle instead of Liebherr I think I would be feeling just as disenfranchised as the skates do now, I doubt id be happy to give them any of my money, more so than Lowe part2! Fortunately, we have a little more class, character and charm than our fishy friends, and therefore attracted far more credible investment, as we have for the last 10-15yrs (well at least they weren't gangsters, gun runners and fraudsters!)

However, it really is a flea pit of a club, the skates are a rough old lot, and they should be reminded that there are teams in the Blue Square Premier that have far more impressive and solid infrastructures than the fishy few!

Thank you for a great thread, and to all who contributes to it, and long may it continue!

Paaaaaaaay Up Poooooooopey....!

Mandaric has been charged with 2 counts of cheating the public revenue by the CPS after a thorough investigation by HMRC.

This was during his time at poopey, currently on SSN

The link :-

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5854575,00.html

So many Court Cases

20 Jan Storrieteller Tax Evasion - Southwark Crown Court

10 Feb HMRC winding up order - High Court

11 Feb Milan's Fraud - Westminster

xx Feb Money Laundering charge for "daddy" - Israel

Mandaric has been charged with 2 counts of cheating the public revenue by the CPS after a thorough investigation by HMRC.

This was during his time at poopey, currently on SSN

Please let the police be heading off to spuds as well as we speak....

Surely if Storrie, Manderic and Redknapp all get found guilty of tax evasion then Pompey MUST get punished severely (ie more than a few points deducted). It's the owner, Chief Exec and Manager FFS.

Is there a precedent for this sort of thing?

No!!..........but there might be soon:smt023

Marseille and Parma both got severely hammered by their respectice FAs for financial naughtyness and obvioulsy Luton got large penalties for irregular payments to agents (I think?).

I THINK you're right. Despite the fact that Luton had a completely new ownership structure, the club was punished for the actions of the previous Directors.

But then I'm not sure if that's an FL rule or an FA rule. Either way you can be sure that the PL will differ punishment until PFC is relegated, when presumably they luckily won't have jurisdiction.

Marseille and Parma both got severely hammered by their respectice FAs for financial naughtyness and obvioulsy Luton got large penalties for irregular payments to agents (I think?).

Haven't there been quite a few cases in Italy, where financial irregularities have resulted in relegation for the teams involved, Fiorentina, Genoa, couple of others as well I think.

Surely if Storrie, Manderic and Redknapp all get found guilty of tax evasion then Pompey MUST get punished severely (ie more than a few points deducted). It's the owner, Chief Exec and Manager FFS.

Is there a precedent for this sort of thing?

Maybe they could wipe off their name off the FA Cup because it was won with dirty money? Now that would be funny, all that they achieved by spending money they never had would be taken from them as well... lol ;)

Haven't there been quite a few cases in Italy, where financial irregularities have resulted in relegation for the teams involved, Fiorentina, Genoa, couple of others as well I think.

Yes, Juventus too now I think about it more...? They certainly spent a year in Serie B for some reason anyway.

I think this thread is overdue a change of name, seeing as the takeover is just a distant memory and theyu have more pressing concerns right now than finding yet another owner.

May I suggest we call it 'The Pompey Pantomime' or perhaps the 'The last Days of Pompeii/Pompey'?

I think this thread is overdue a change of name, seeing as the takeover is just a distant memory and theyu have more pressing concerns right now than finding yet another owner.

May I suggest we call it 'The Pompey Pantomime' or perhaps the 'The last Days of Pompeii/Pompey'?

Or even the 'Skate Bait' thread.

The thread title change should only occur when they die though. So only a few hours left until the final domino trail begins to tumble!

The hacks at the portsmouth news have, after hours slaving over hot calculators, realised that if you take 10 million off 7 million you do not get 2 million, no matter what the club says.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Premier-League-will-not-lift.5975007.jp

This must surely be the moment when the whole house of cards comes crashing down. All the loans must be secured against TV money and if the club sees none of it, surely the terms of the loans will be breached....

Edited by Colinjb

This must surely be the momen when the whole house of cards comes crashing down. All the loans must be secured against TV money and if the club sees none of it, surely the terms of the loans will be breached....

I think we need to wait till 5 at the moment to see what colour the smoke is that will emit from PL headquarters. If they can't get the embargo lifted and don't get any of the TV money then what ever they say to try to be positive they might as well put the 'closing down, everything must go' signs up.

P*mpey to come bottom at 11/1 was my best.

If I'd pulled my finger out a couple of days earlier I could have got 13/1.

I also bottled it and put half (£10) on them to finish bottom and the other half on them simply being relegated at 3/1.

Should have had the courage of my convictions and gone all in with the house deposit money.

I think we need to wait till 5 at the moment to see what colour the smoke is that will emit from PL headquarters. If they can't get the embargo lifted and don't get any of the TV money then what ever they say to try to be positive they might as well put the 'closing down, everything must go' signs up.

103 minutes and counting.

I also bottled it and put half (£10) on them to finish bottom and the other half on them simply being relegated at 3/1.

Should have had the courage of my convictions and gone all in with the house deposit money.

£20 deposit? What you buying, Fratton park?

Also if by 5pm they have not paid up then you have to wonder a few things. Like this Jacobs guy. He has said a lot over the past week or so. He has tried to make things appear as if they had now secured a longterm loan, will have paid the people owed money by today, will have the embargo lifted today because "there would be no reason to keep it on us", Grant has a few players he would like to bring in, won't need to sell players, the HRMC case is wrong etc etc.

If they can't pay the additional £3m to pay to the PL to lift the embargo then you have to assume the club had no longterm loan, will have not paid people they owe money too, will not have the embargo lifted because there would be obvious reason to keep it on them, Grant would not be able to bring any players he liked in, they will need to sell to stay alive and chances are if he was wrong about all that then he will be wrong at the HRMC case......

Translated the past week he has done nothing but lie.

Added to that, the HMRC have done their homework on Mandaric and it might be fair to assume that because of this they have an excellent insight into Pompey's financial affairs too.

Coming to think of it, I wonder whether the Mandaric case and the winding up order are linked. It might perhaps explain why Poopey are disputing how much they owe HMRC.

Radio 5 have reported on the 4 o'clock news that the Premier League will be making a statment tomorrow regarding the Portsmouth situation. Not sure if this will be good or bad news.

Would be surprised if the general gist is not leaked before then.

This must surely be the moment when the whole house of cards comes crashing down. All the loans must be secured against TV money and if the club sees none of it, surely the terms of the loans will be breached....

They can't all be secured against £7 mil, some are against future TV Money, and season ticket sales, some against Farten Park......methinks this train crash is at last, coming off the rails.

Radio 5 have reported on the 4 o'clock news that the Premier League will be making a statment tomorrow regarding the Portsmouth situation. Not sure if this will be good or bad news.

IMHO, it will be to tell us what we alrady know, that the TV money has been retained by the PL.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})