Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

It is likely that if this winding up order goes ahead Portsmouth will cease to exist.

Bloody hell. For all their proper fans who enjoy a bit of banter and rivalry, and know what it means to support their club, I feel desperately sorry.

For the mongs who couldn't stay quiet for Ted, the ones who I saw attacking children in southsea, the fools who decided it would be a good idea to amash up their own town after winning a derby, and all the rest of the ****tards, Westwood included - HA HA!

Bloody hell. For all their proper fans who enjoy a bit of banter and rivalry, and know what it means to support their club, I feel desperately sorry.

For the mongs who couldn't stay quiet for Ted, the ones who I saw attacking children in southsea, the fools who decided it would be a good idea to amash up their own town after winning a derby, and all the rest of the ****tards, Westwood included - HA HA!

It won't bother them, not after a couple of weeks and it won't change them as people, so they'll still be mongs. The destruction of PFC will only mean that a certain percentage of their entertainment time becomes available. I may of disconnected myself emotionally from the situation, but I can't believe that many Saints fans can't see the bigger picture? Some spice will go out of your Saints supporting life. The situation tastes so sweet for you, because you've felt the other end of it. Did you not question why Pompey fans 'relished' defeating you so emphatically at FP? back in '05? It was because Saints had till that point held the upper hand so long, I can assure you it was sweet, I was giddy with euthoria! Now it's swings and roundabouts time, enjoy it, take the **** to your hearts content but the total demise of PFC will detract from your overall enjoyment of being a Saints fan. :)

Nicely put :D

Todays telegraph (paper version) claims Campbell suing Portsmouth for £1.7 million in unpaid bonus payments and image rights. High court writ issued.

Cannot find an interlink link for Telegraph website and need to check out now.

Found the article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7028987/Sol-Campbell-sues-Portsmouth-for-1.7m-as-club-loses-tax-appeal.html

Radio Solent football finance expert this morning;

It is likely that if this winding up order goes ahead Portsmouth will cease to exist.

It is unlikely that they will be able to go into administration due to large running costs, huge debts and small assets.

The rivalry of one set of fans with another set (no matter who you are) is an important part of football. Pompey going under wouldn't just mean the end of Pompey, it would mean the end of Saints Pompey as well. :(

Interesting reading - I see the last paragraph mentions the current position on the transfer embargo too. Apparently, if the PL sees clear proof of the deal that PFC claim to have done with Udinense over the Muntari transfer, they may well lift the embargo.

But so what if they do? How will Pompey pay for any new players? Even frees and loans have cost implications. Then there's the taxman (subject to an appeal), Gaydamak, umpteen short-term loans (some secured against their ground)... I still reckon they're royally screwed and, unless some mug with tens of millions to spare comes to their rescue, it's more likely to be a case of liquidation than administration.

It won't bother them, not after a couple of weeks and it won't change them as people, so they'll still be mongs. The destruction of PFC will only mean that a certain percentage of their entertainment time becomes available. I may of disconnected myself emotionally from the situation, but I can't believe that many Saints fans can't see the bigger picture? Some spice will go out of your Saints supporting life. The situation tastes so sweet for you, because you've felt the other end of it. Did you not question why Pompey fans 'relished' defeating you so emphatically at FP? back in '05? It was because Saints had till that point held the upper hand so long, I can assure you it was sweet, I was giddy with euthoria! Now it's swings and roundabouts time, enjoy it, take the **** to your hearts content but the total demise of PFC will detract from your overall enjoyment of being a Saints fan. :)

Trust me, it won't.

I can't wait for all the pics of blubbing skate bast*rds.

I hope the pain lasts for generations.

Interesting reading - I see the last paragraph mentions the current position on the transfer embargo too. Apparently, if the PL sees clear proof of the deal that PFC claim to have done with Udinense over the Muntari transfer, they may well lift the embargo.

But so what if they do? How will Pompey pay for any new players? Even frees and loans have cost implications. Then there's the taxman (subject to an appeal), Gaydamak, umpteen short-term loans (some secured against their ground)... I still reckon they're royally screwed and, unless some mug with tens of millions to spare comes to their rescue, it's more likely to be a case of liquidation than administration.

and all the legal fees (takeovers, appeals and HMRC dispute

Should pompey go into liquidation I would guess that something like Wimbledon AFC would arise soon after and with a similar level of core support could rise up through the leagues to the point of being our main rival again. So more likely a hiatus in the rivalry than its end I would suspect.

Should pompey go into liquidation I would guess that something like Wimbledon AFC would arise soon after and with a similar level of core support could rise up through the leagues to the point of being our main rival again. So more likely a hiatus in the rivalry than its end I would suspect.

Yes, I agree. The thing is, that new "AFC Skatesmouth" will have no history whatsoever.

It won't bother them, not after a couple of weeks and it won't change them as people, so they'll still be mongs.

Now it's swings and roundabouts time, enjoy it, take the **** to your hearts content but the total demise of PFC will detract from your overall enjoyment of being a Saints fan. :)

The rivalry of one set of fans with another set (no matter who you are) is an important part of football. :(

more likely a hiatus in the rivalry than its end I would suspect

Agree with these posts but it is still very, very funny at the minute.

Storrie has a plea and case management hearing at Southwark Crown Court today, busy time for the legal team that represent that lot, wonder if they are holding money on account ?

More likely to be in a brown paper envelope?

I agree with this but would also add that I think football needs a kick up the arse with regards to how its run (ie. on debt, with a few exceptions- us being one :D) and hopefully this will be it. Although I suspect it will take a Liverpool or Manure to go into admin before anyone actually changes anything.

It is pretty hilarious sometimes too- especially as it means I get to lord it over my Skate brother for the first time in ages :smt081

I hope the Skates do realise that when they go pop no-one would miss them.

Their fellow clubs in the Premiership would not and I certainly wouldn't, never gave a stuff about them until a few years ago and removing them from the picture would make no odds to me whatsoever. I grew up when Saints were established in the Premiership/Top Flight and the Skates wern't even on the radar, they literally meant nothing to me then, and aside from this annoying (and for them Phyrric) reversal in fortune they will mean nothing to me again for the rest of my life.

Even if they did re-found themselves AFC Wimbledon style they would not be a threat of any kind for at least a decade or two. The more respectable members of their fanbase would follow it and continue to have football in their lives, but the idiots and plastics wouldn't.

Let them Rot in Peace.

It seems true justice is not going to be served.If the PL pay them the money, they can then defer the tax problem by appealing. Their league position can easily be sorted as Burnley Wolves Hull and Bolton are not as good and unable to get the points needed to pull away.Pompey only need to get to the next tv monies and then they will be safe. All possible as Gaydamek will not call in his money ifr it means them going into admin as he will lose more.

Christ. It never rains but it pours...

This could be important because IF they manage to pay their VAT bill and players' wages through the sale of players in January, it will take a significant creditor willing to go to court to get their money back to finally bang the nail in the coffin.

I'm not up to date on where their other creditors sit, but I would imagine that either the debt isn't due yet or it's not in their interests to force the club into liquidation. For example, whilst Gaydamak has a CHANCE of getting all his money back, he's unlikely to force the club to be liquidated to get whatever little he can back - unless of course the land he controls/owns covers him.

So could it be good old Sol Campbell that kills Pompey?

It seems true justice is not going to be served.If the PL pay them the money, they can then defer the tax problem by appealing. Their league position can easily be sorted as Burnley Wolves Hull and Bolton are not as good and unable to get the points needed to pull away.Pompey only need to get to the next tv monies and then they will be safe. All possible as Gaydamek will not call in his money ifr it means them going into admin as he will lose more.

This assumes that their competition will be happy for them to be given an unfair advantage, in not having to pay tax and VAT, like every other club in the division, which enables them to pay the inflated wages they are required to, so that players will turn out for them.

If they stay up, there will be a lawsuit, f'sure...

That depends on Gaydamak not having plans with the land he holds under Miland. Would a superstore and housing fetch more than giving the club another £10-15m to secure next season's Sky money? Besides, they would still have a mountain of debt to pay, when would Gaydamak get his money back?

For example, whilst Gaydamak has a CHANCE of getting all his money back, he's unlikely to force the club to be liquidated to get whatever little he can back

Every month that passes by and players are sold to other clubs to cover the creditors that are pressing most (i.e. HMRC), and another £2-£3m in wages goes out of the door, the funds available to repay Gaydamak get smaller and smaller. If I was him I would put them into admin asap, liquidate the holdings and I may even get half of my money back. The longer it goes on the smaller the amount he's going to get back. If he thinks they'll find someone else with money to burn he's kidding himself.

I hope the Skates do realise that when they go pop no-one would miss them.

Their fellow clubs in the Premiership would not and I certainly wouldn't, never gave a stuff about them until a few years ago and removing them from the picture would make no odds to me whatsoever.

Funniest thing about this comment is no one would have cared had you gone down the same road either a year or so ago so what's your point ? Unless your a big premiership club its the same for both of us. Indeed, do you think we would even worry about whether other people would miss Pompey, I think the loss of the club would be the overiding factor n'est pas ?

I have heard we may yet be saved, time and not much of it will tell.

Funniest thing about this comment is no one would have cared had you gone down the same road either a year or so ago so what's your point ? Unless your a big premiership club its the same for both of us. Indeed, do you think we would even worry about whether other people would miss Pompey, I think the loss of the club would be the overiding factor n'est pas ?

Believe me, after our sufferings during the last few years, it's the hope which really hurts and kills.

Some chap called Singha on the Portsmouth News thread...

we have zero debt more or less when u discount shareholder and 3rd party director loans which can be written off or converted to equity

HMRC is settled with 3mn quid and some instalments no great shakes

focus on support and lifting the embargo and plse pay wages on time

simple

switch to matter on the pitch and support this great club

westwood, as sorrowful a deliquent u look, yes, you are right, it begs to wonder why they would buy from SAf without having a warchest of cash cash 30mn and some funding 30mn etc, weird we all know

but they have helped and have kept us going

and we may just have turned the corner now

debt down to 50mn etc

You are of course right that we would not, and indeed have not been missed too much from the top flight. The pathetic and deluded cries from certain sections of your fanbase along the lines of 'how can the Premiership let this happen' and 'we're too big a club to go bust' will come back to haunt them.

The main point I'm making is that the implication that you guys going bust would remove part of the fun of supporting Saints has no grounding at all.

This may go some way to explain where Corp has been, for some reason I keep picturing that meerkat advert, in robes walking through a desert storm desperately searching.....

latest sighting of Corpy... Down at Southsea about 7am this morning

metal%20detector.jpg

Get real, as I said in another thread... who in their right mind is going to take on a business with such crippling debts, almost certain relegation and hardly any assets?!

The best thing for you would be administration, the worst would be ceasing to exist, there are the options you have.

Believe me, after our sufferings during the last few years, it's the hope which really hurts and kills.

having detached myself emotionally from the farce along time ago - I can at least view this debacle with a certain ironic smile.

AFC Portsmouth is not such a bad thing ask Wimbledon. I also am also travelling 200 odd miles to see my favourite non-league club shortly (Redditch) in the Conference North play a home game this season, much more enjoyable than the tosh played down the park at present lol ! And of a better standard might I add !!! :D

having detached myself emotionally from the farce along time ago - I can at least view this debacle with a certain ironic smile.

AFC Portsmouth is not such a bad thing ask Wimbledon. I also am also travelling 200 odd miles to see my favourite non-league club shortly (Redditch) in the Conference North play a home game this season, much more enjoyable than the tosh played down the park at present lol ! And of a better standard might I add !!! :D

And, presumably, no bells? :D

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/newshome/Peter-Storrie-appears-in-court.5997418.jp

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8469860.stm

Another one for the diary... 15th April will be another fun day (of course the odds of the club still being around to receive a points penalty by the are looking pretty slim...)

He does look smug. You would have thought he would show some sign of remorse, even if he does feel he is innocent.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})