Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Skates tranfers today;

Williamson, bought in summer for £2m sold today to Newcastle for £900k - without making his debut.

Paris Cowan Hall who was on loan to Grimsby has been returned to Portsmouth as he has glandular fever - another wage to find!

might well have been. ssn just said stoke and pompey agree on loan deal for david james

I wonder if Pulis took them to the cleaners on that deal. I'm pretty sure negotiations went like this: "We'll pay 40% of his wages, no loan fee, oh and the loan ends on the last day of the season as we have no intention of paying his wages whilst he is away in South Africa. That's ok for you. No I'm not asking Jacobs, I'm telling you. And be grateful. Go on say it, I'm grateful Mr Pulis. Louder. Now bow, lower, I said lower, now walk backwards out of my ****ing office, don't stop bowing you ****er, quicker."

Mark Jacob is a pathological liar.

He's a very poor PR man for sure.

"We directed the PL to pay £5m to other clubs" etc...

At some point you have to drop the ridiculous public bluster and work constructively and to the best of your ability with other parties involved without winding them up too much.

Edited by TopGun
no pun intended about winding things up

He's a very poor PR man for sure.

"We directed the PL to pay £5m to other clubs" etc...

At some point you have to drop the ridiculous public bluster and work constructively and to the best of your ability with other parties involved without winding them up too much.

He really doesn't seem to understand when to stop, cut your losses and try and salvage something good, or just anything... although pompey are royally ****ed...

Kind of reminds me of Hitler in his last few days, desperately clinging on till the last moment that everything was going to be fine.

if you were selling something, I knew you had to sell as were so desperate for the money

if I knew that if I didn't buy it, you may cease trading and I would be able to get it for free

if I knew there were only a limited number of people who could buy it, and of those only limited want it or could afford its running cost

if I knew you only had just over a week to sell

I would wait a week and offer you a very very low price

and offer a *ahem* 'cash' deal perhaps? Oh no they tried that route, forget I said that. :D

Haven't checked the previous (many many) pages to see if this link has been posted already. Interesting stuff.

http://www.fansonline.net/pompey-fans/article.php?id=158

So... not one single bean invested since the takeover then?

Interesting to see that the leaked accounts contradict the new owners. So P*mpey are in the same position we were last year, where differing factions leak information to show up the other instead of coming right out and showing their hands. Oh how I miss those days........ not.

Haven't checked the previous (many many) pages to see if this link has been posted already. Interesting stuff.

Interesting to see that the leaked accounts contradict the new owners. So P*mpey are in the same position we were last year, where differing factions leak information to show up the other instead of coming right out and showing their hands. Oh how I miss those days........ not.

Don't think it had been, so thanks for that - interesting reading indeed, and quite well written too. The level of self-contradiction now coming out of PFC is frankly astonishing. What was in the leaked accounts is pretty much what plenty of people on here reckoned must be the case (and was grudgingly acknowledged by Jacob too), to wit that Al Faraj has not put a penny of his own money into the club. All income has been loans, payments from other clubs and regular income (tickets etc).

When does Chainrai want his money back? It's been referred to as a short-term loan, so I can only assume that the answer must be soon. And what will he do if he doesn't get it - which he certainly won't do unless a new source of funding is magically found? At least one of his loans is secured against Fratton Park...

I wonder if Pulis took them to the cleaners on that deal. I'm pretty sure negotiations went like this: "We'll pay 40% of his wages, no loan fee, oh and the loan ends on the last day of the season as we have no intention of paying his wages whilst he is away in South Africa. That's ok for you. No I'm not asking Jacobs, I'm telling you. And be grateful. Go on say it, I'm grateful Mr Pulis. Louder. Now bow, lower, I said lower, now walk backwards out of my ****ing office, don't stop bowing you ****er, quicker."

Perhaps he has another son!!!!!!!!

The News reported on Monday: “Back to the £40m figure and the club accounts show £16.75m has come from Balram Chainrai via a loan through Al Faraj's company Falcondrone over three months. In addition, £2.5m arrived last month from Barclays Bank concerning an overdraft facility they acknowledged should be paid back to the club.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:confused::confused:....so if they were last months accounts, then this will have happened in November. Is this the bank loan Gayday had to pay back??

I like it in the above link how the writer refers to the Accounts department as 'the club' and Al Faraj NOT as 'the club'.

the guy's on a hiding to nothing!

Probably realised that, as a director without any power, she is still potentially liable when it all goes t*ts up and the fraud squad are all over the place like a rash. Better to keep drawing your £200k a year while you can without the worry

Hmmm. So a set of accounts, which are embarrassing to Al Faraj, get 'discovered' in a bin. A couple of days later, the finance director, who had been side-lined by Al Faraj, quits. Coincidence?

as finance director I'm sure she had no knowledge of unusual practice or the state of the business.

There must have been some furtive meetings between her and Storrie in recent months....and much shredding of documents.

I wonder which one of them will take the offer of a few weeks in Ford and become the prosecution's main witness when it eventually falls apart?

Probably realised that, as a director without any power, she is still potentially liable when it all goes t*ts up and the fraud squad are all over the place like a rash. Better to keep drawing your £200k a year while you can without the worry

If she is on the board when they enter administration, would she be banned from being on the board of any other company?

I wonder if those in charge before saw Al Faraj as a way to kiss all their money mismanagement problems goodbye. I mean, who would care if they got themselves £60m into debt if the guy brought £100m or more? Who would turn up asking questions about dodgy payments with all that other money sloshing around?

Of course, now the new guys don't actually have a pot to p*ss in so it makes them all look bad. And the old guard are trying to make the new boys look bad for not bringing money whereas the new boys accuse the old guard of getting the club deep into debt.

Politics. Don't you love it?

If she is on the board when they enter administration, would she be banned from being on the board of any other company?

Not necessarily and even resigning wont protect her if they go into admin within 18months and they can prove wrong doings.

It is an interesting thought though. If they go into admin and auditors can prove negelect or unlawful trading, the Directors will become liable.

Not necessarily and even resigning wont protect her if they go into admin within 18months and they can prove wrong doings.

It is an interesting thought though. If they go into admin and auditors can prove negelect or unlawful trading, the Directors will become liable.

I'd be more excited by a points penalty for financial irregularities :-D

some 'good' news for them at least

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/family/7043679/Families-living-in-Chelmsford-are-happiest.html

They came second in the most content family place to live survey.

Apparently , the families are 'very close to each other' LOL.

More so than they bargained for I reckon.

As an aside that's a fairly pointless survey statistically wise. They claim to have surveyed 3000 families across the country. which by my reckoning based on populations they must have asked about 9 or 10 families in both Portsmouth and Southampton. Now if they had surveyed 3000 families in each location it might be worth taking note of but at under a dozen it's just pointless.

Edited by pedg

Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere but as Pompey are 'challenged' in the wallet department, they have applied for Legal Aid to fight their upcoming cases with HMRC/Premier League/Creditors etc etc.

Also rumour going round that Mr Williamson is asking for a loyalty bonus from Pimpey before his move to Newcastle

Not sure if it has been posted elsewhere but as Pompey are 'challenged' in the wallet department, they have applied for Legal Aid to fight their upcoming cases with HMRC/Premier League/Creditors etc etc.

Also rumour going round that Mr Williamson is asking for a loyalty bonus from Pimpey before his move to Newcastle

I assume you are kidding re the legal aid thingy

offloading Williamson is like turning up in Haiti with a dustpan and brush.

Serious action is required to avoid implosion, and I don't know why the media bother to tell us the wages might be in doubt.

If they actually paid the wages - now that would be a news story.

offloading Williamson is like turning up in Haiti with a dustpan and brush.

Serious action is required to avoid implosion, and I don't know why the media bother to tell us the wages might be in doubt.

If they actually paid the wages - now that would be a news story.

the wages are due again soon aren't they? is it about the 25th?

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})