Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have they all legged it???

http://www.whydelilah.co.uk/news/22_Jan_2010/jamestalksonice+.html

The deal was ready to be pushed through - possibly in time for James to be included against Arsenal on Sunday - but Portsmouth were unable to locate a club owner in time to sanction the loan transfer.

“It seems they have been unable to track down one of their owners to get approval for the deal.”

Asked how he would describe having to deal with Portsmouth in their current predicament, he replied: “Impossible.”

Edited by pedg

The deal was ready to be pushed through - possibly in time for James to be included against Arsenal on Sunday - but Portsmouth were unable to locate a club owner in time to sanction the loan transfer.

“It seems they have been unable to track down one of their owners to get approval for the deal.”

Asked how he would describe having to deal with Portsmouth in their current predicament, he replied: “Impossible.”

The most used phrase on this thread is "You couldn`t make it up!" Well.....You couldn`t make it up!! Could you?:):)

PES, I like your posts, but this can't be true. As according to a lot of your 'fans', we don't have a pot to p1ss in, and are in debt up to our eyeballs!!!!!:rolleyes:

And Markus drove Panzer tanks in WW2 and he is in debt to one or both of Poopeys Arabs for millions. This thread gets more surreal by the day!!

The most used phrase on this thread is "You couldn`t make it up!" Well.....You couldn`t make it up!! Could you?:):)

It does start to sound like an episode of Hustle. Expect someone to visit Al Faraj's home to find it stripped clean...

Further confirmation

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Stoke-criticise-Pompey-over-James.6006749.jp

What a joke!

lmao, it just keeps getting better.

This message on there made me smile. 'Could it possibly have been that those officials at Fratton Park had other matters to deal with that were considered more important to the club than helping Stoke out of a hole?

The word 'priorities' springs to mind'

Does it not realise that to get rid of a high wage earner was a priority and then to think they were doing Stoke a favour Lol

Thats why they dont agree to CVA's when you come out of admin if they have not been paid up

Though I think a point in pompeys favour(!) is that unlike other clubs they owe so much to other creditors such as gadyboy than HMRC that HMRC possibly have less of a say. That may be one of the reasons why someone is trying to get the tax bill down as the less they are owed the less likely that HMRC can block a CVA (I think??)

Edited by pedg

It was 300 for the reading and 2,999,700 for the image rights

More likely 300 for the reading, 1,499,700 for the image rights and 1,500,000 'that if you could stuff in a brown envelope and hand it back in a car park I would be grateful'.

Can we make a list who is claiming what from Portsmouth?

From the top my head its:

1.7m Sol Campbell

28m Gaydamak

18.75m Chainrai

4m Udinese (Muntari)

6m Rennes (Utaka)

8m Lens (Dindane, Belhadj)

3m Chelsea (Johnson)

3m Watford (Williamson, Smith)

11m HMRC

3m misc agents/translators/fish pimps (2m to Diarra agent?)

3.5m Spurs (Kaboul)

35m outstanding debt (existing loans etc)

1.8m monthly wage bill

TOTAL DEBT: £125M (is that possible?) I am going to revise this I think...

Optimistic figures above as they may already have paid some of this, but any help with this post is welcome. Most welcome!

Edited by Crab Lungs

+ This months wages

Thanks for the list Mr Lungs

No probs - hopefully someone a bit more studious will have kept a running totL so can correctly me on a few things when they see it.

Not sure if its entirely accurate as I haven't checked, for example some of those outstanding debts may have been 'settled' - but I won't be taking the Skates words for it!

Can we make a list who is claiming what from Portsmouth?

From the top my head its:

1.7m Sol Campbell

28m Gaydamak

17m Chainrai

4m Udinese (Muntari)

6m Rennes (Utaka)

8m Lens (Dindane, Belhadj)

3m Chelsea (Johnson)

3m Watford (Williamson, Smith)

11m HMRC

35m outstanding debt (existing loans etc)

1.8m monthly wage bill

Optimistic figures above as they may already have paid some of this, but any help with this post is welcome. Most welcome!

I believe the monthly wage bill for all staff, including the all important tax, is alleged to be somewhere in the region of £3M?

I think the Prem may have cleared Chelsea but we can stick a couple of agent fees in their instead so it won't be far out - it is difficult to keep up with this comic saga.

Let's also remember that if Chanrai has lent about £18.75M he will be wanting £20M plus now, or maybe £25M over a couple of years, or the ground when the payments halt.

The arms dealer/child maimer's amount must be stacking up interest as well.

The cost of servicing the loans must be equivalent to the wage bill at the moment because the borrowing will have been at ludicrous rates from people who will bleed them dry.

I see no tunnel let alone light at the end of it.

Did they pay in full upfront for Crouchie and Defoe then?

I've no idea - the one I did wonder about was Crouchie..

I believe the monthly wage bill for all staff, including the all important tax, is alleged to be somewhere in the region of £3M?

:=o

I'll keep that in mind as I only accounted for the players!

Also, I know a few people saw it but its worth mentioning again - Peter Storrie defending his tax evasion:

"I thought Hayling Island was offshore"

Classic

Pre Match press conference cancelled because Avram Grant did not want to do it, according to Sky!

Apparently he's got the hump because James is off to Stoke and other players are being sold behind his back.

It seems utterly unfathomable that he didn't realise that players would have to be sold to attempt to pay off some of the debt :confused:

Williamson, Mullins and Wilson are all likely to leave soon, and they'll hold out until the last possible moment before selling Kaboul to get the best price.

Williamson, Mullins and Wilson are all likely to leave soon, and they'll hold out until the last possible moment before selling Kaboul to get the best price.

What.... the 11m-rated (lol) Younes Kaboul?

EDIT: Interesting... they still owe Spurs for Kaboul!

So, if they sell him back to Spurs....

"Any bid would be offset by £2m still owed on the original deal and £1.5m which they would receive as a part of a sell-on clause which entitles them to 25 per cent of any profit made on Kaboul."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/tottenham-man-city-go-portsmouth-defender-kaboul-591511

Edited by Crab Lungs

What.... the 11m-rated (lol) Younes Kaboul?

EDIT: Interesting... they still owe Spurs for Kaboul!

If there's a club prepared to pay that sort of money then technically he is "worth" that. I'd be pretty annoyed if we paid that sort of money for someone like him though!

If that sort of stupid money's being talked about, he'll be off to Spurs...

I have vague recollection that the Johnson to Liverpool deal basically covered all of the outstanding money due for Crouch, so pretty sure that deal was settled back then.

Thanking you! That is that sorted then...

If there's a club prepared to pay that sort of money then technically he is "worth" that. I'd be pretty annoyed if we paid that sort of money for someone like him though!

If that sort of stupid money's being talked about, he'll be off to Spurs...

Nice one, Saggy Chops - Spurs still feeding the money mincer then ::smt023

Thanking you! That is that sorted then...

Nice one, Saggy Chops - Spurs still feeding the money mincer then ::smt023

Just what i was going to put. Fishy that, a bit of you scratch my back type of thing perhaps.

Or does HR have a sell on fee if they get a profit. I know some managers do get a slice of any profit on players that are sold

Just what i was going to put. Fishy that, a bit of you scratch my back type of thing perhaps.

Or does HR have a sell on fee if they get a profit. I know some managers do get a slice of any profit on players that are sold

I thought that had come up before hasn't it Nick, I'm sure its somewhere on this thread, but god knows where (that much has happened & its usually hilarious its a job remembering everything). I'm sure there was something earlier on in the season about transfers & Saggy chops getting a % of any sell on. but could have been on another thread?

For those who don't have Adobe on their PC, with due acknowledgement to the above website.

SOS POMPEY!

Portsmouth Fans United For Their Club

PRESS RELEASE

POMPEY FANS MARCH IN SEARCH OF A SAVIOUR!

Wanted! One careful owner who recognises how the passion of the Pompey fans makes

Portsmouth Football Club a football club worth saving.

Hundreds of Pompey fans are expected to rally behind a fans’ protest initiative ahead of

Saturday’s FA Cup fourth round tie with Sunderland to help save Portsmouth FC.

Fans are being asked to march, rally and then sign a petition calling on the clubs’ current

owners to sort out the financial mess at Fratton Park. The petition, which can be signed by all

fans on Saturday, will be handed in by a group of young Pompey fans ahead of the match.

And if the current owners are unable to come up with the finance needed, then fans are urging

the present owners to sell up to someone who can.

With a winding up petition hanging over the club, over unpaid tax debts, a transfer embargo

in place and the salaries not paid on time two months out of the past three, fans are claiming

enough is enough.

A march is planned from the Guildhall Square at 12.45pm. Those fans will meet with another

group rallying at Milton Park from 1.15pm. Once united, fans will then march to Fratton Park

at 2pm, where a petition is set to be presented to the club by a group of young supporters,

representing the future of the club.

Spokesman for the protest Bob Beech said: “We are making our voices heard telling those in

charge you can try and kill our club but you cannot kill our spirit. The protest also points out

to any potential investor who may be waiting in the wings that there is no lack of passion with

the fans.”

And Pompey ‘super fan’ John PFC Westwood added: “We want to show everyone that fans

are united behind this protest. We urge all fans to march, rally or sign this petition,” he said.

“We are not against the new owner for the sake of it. If Ali Al Faraj can show he has the

finance to take the club forward we would welcome it, but if he hasn’t he should step aside

and allow someone who has to take over.”

ends