Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

If Pompey can't make the January wage bill then when will they be able to make it. After the transfer deadline shuts, they will have no sources of income apart from gate receipts and club shop from then to the end of the season.

I reckon their income must be max £750k a month from February to May, total £3m, when their wage bill alone has to be close to £12m and that's not counting any existing debts.

I think they might squirm out of the 10th February hearing without being wound-up, companies are usually shown leniency if they show that they are making progress, but if they don't get any extra money by selling players this transfer window or getting in extra investment, they won't make it to the end of the season.

Strangely, I find myself in the unusual position of hoping they win tomorrow - would be a great time for a local derby in round 5 - HMRC and courts allowing that they make it that far.

That would be even funnier, we draw them in R5 and get a walkover because they were unable to fulfil the fixture!

If Poopey don't manage to meet the wage bill this month I'm assuming that the players are still able to give 14 days notice and leave for nothing.

Given that this will take them into February will they be able to sign for other clubs? When does a free transfer/unattached player window close?

If Poopey don't manage to meet the wage bill this month I'm assuming that the players are still able to give 14 days notice and leave for nothing.

Given that this will take them into February will they be able to sign for other clubs? When does a free transfer/unattached player window close?

There's no window for out of contract players - they're free agents so can sign for any team, any time. That's how we got Connolly when we did.

I think any player who is out of contract can sign outside of transfer window. The ruling about playing competitive games for more than two clubs in a season may still apply?

There's no window for out of contract players - they're free agents so can sign for any team, any time. That's how we got Connolly when we did.

Which is why Nugent won't agree to the permanent move. He's remaining on loan, and hoping that p****y go bust. He can then negotiate a permanent move with Burnley, taking a cut of what Burnley were going to pay as a transfer fee for himself.

Which is why Nugent won't agree to the permanent move. He's remaining on loan, and hoping that p****y go bust. He can then negotiate a permanent move with Burnley, taking a cut of what Burnley were going to pay as a transfer fee for himself.

I hadn't thought of that, but it's damned plausible. Damned funny, too.

That would be even funnier, we draw them in R5 and get a walkover because they were unable to fulfil the fixture!

The thing is, if the team who get the bye go on to win the cup, they will be made to feel like they won the cup by default - on the cheap - because another team couldn't play their game, not because they actually won a fixture. This is completely different to winning the cup with a team you can't possibly afford. That's somehow regarded as ok.

Strange to see the Telegraph article taking pity on Pompey and criticising Sol Campbell. After all, if Pompey had played fairly financially, maybe Cardiff would have won the final and had their european tour and they wouldn't be in financial meltdown too. It's not just a cup final they stole.

Had a quick look on here last night & PMSL when I saw the transfer news.

Oh great looks like we've just sold Williamson for 1-million, thats half the wage bill for next week. Oh hang on a minute, I've just spotted this clause in his contract if we do sell him we owe Watford more than we're getting :smt044.

They cant even sell players at the moment this really is priceless.

Obviously "You couldn't make it up" doesn't apply any more, perhaps it's time we started making it up and watching it come true!

The thing is Phil can anyone even think about making stuff like this up.

Surely anything we made up just wouldn't be as good as the real thing?

That's what is the best comedy value for me, the totally ludicrous & most unbelievable depths to which they are going, all in the interests to keep us amused.

Had a quick look on here last night & PMSL when I saw the transfer news.

Oh great looks like we've just sold Williamson for 1-million, thats half the wage bill for next week. Oh hang on a minute, I've just spotted this clause in his contract if we do sell him we owe Watford more than we're getting :smt044.

They cant even sell players at the moment this really is priceless.

The thing is Phil can anyone even think about making stuff like this up.

Surely anything we made up just wouldn't be as good as the real thing?

That's what is the best comedy value for me, the totally ludicrous & most unbelievable depths to which they are going, all in the interests to keep us amused.

Isn't it just so much FUN reading the real stuff!

Just read online that Portsmouth once paid an agent £3m just to read a contract in french to a player :o

As stupid as it sounds, I wouldn't actually put it past them :o

I heard they paid somebody else £3m to read the Williamson contract in English:)

Any more hilarity emanating from the wrong end of the M27 this morning, folks?

Apart from Premier League Portsmouth vs Premier League Sunderland attendance 10,315. Saints of Div3 v Ipswich of the Championship, attendance 20,400

Now when your club needs every penny it can get, that's priceless...

DEBT BREAKDOWN

Loans

Coutts & Co (another bank) created 15 July 2009 - debt unknown

Certain

Balram Chainrai ('short-term' loans) £18.75m

Lens (Dindane and Belhadj - Lens 'agreed' revised repayment plan after defaulting) £4m-8m

Rennes (Utaka transfer - Rennes 'want Portsmouth shut down' after defaulting) £4m-£6m

Chelsea (Johnson transfer) £3m

Campbell (former player suing for 'image rights') £1.7m

Claimed

Udinese (Muntari transfer - reported Portsmouth to Court of Arbitration) £4m

Spurs (Kaboul transfer inc. add ons in event of resale) £3.5m

Agents (Diarra transfer - Willie McKay, other) £3m

Disputed

Alexandre Gaydamak Jnr (£9m due this Jan, further £19m to follow - just paid £2.5m to Barclays to clear overdraft, repayment 'negotiable' according to The News) £30.5m

HMRC £11m (disputed - Portsmouth claim to have paid £4m and are due a return!)

Speculative

Watford (Smith, Williamson transfers) £3m

Rolling Debt

Estimated £3m in wages, per month

Debt Settled

Standard Bank (settled 26 Sep 2009)

Singer & Friedlander (4 Nov 2009)

Barclays (paid by Gaydamak Jan 2010)

TOTAL DEBT (my conservative estimate): Around £85m

Other Notes 'meanwhile, in other news...'

- Manager widely reported to be visiting brothels

- 2 skint Arabs who have continued to tussle for power (Al-Fahim owns 10% of nothing, 'Falcondrone' of Al-Mirage owns 90% of the remaining nothing)

- Shady Israeli-French-Russian former chairman and equally shady ex-arms dealing Israeli-French-Russian father of previous chairman in the background asking for repayment on past expenditure whilst tying up all the important land around Fratton Park

- Ex-manager Harry Redknapp in court for tax evasion

- Ex-chairman Milan Mandaric in court for cheating public revenue

- CEO in court for tax evasion (Storrie claims that he thought Hayling Island was 'offshore')

- Shamed ex-Israeli lawyer banned from practicing/elected as director in charge of their affairs

- Only around 10,000 season ticket holders

- 'Kids a quid' even failing to improve attendances - still averaging less than Southampton and is one the lowest in the Prem

- New 'Potty' ground at Horsea on hold until 2027

- No training ground - still training in a field in Eastleigh

- Don't own their own ground - secured against a loan to pay staff wages

- Gaydamak owns most valuable land around Fratton Park which will prevent any redevelopment for as long as they are in dispute- Players being paid astronomical wages SOMETIMES ALMOST DEFINITELY MAYBE (Utaka £80,000, James £60,000 and still on the payroll)

- Short-term loans in abundance, no doubt with a huuuuuuuuuge emphasis on interest

- Youth team disbanding

- Coaches, scouts and other staff already 'culled'

- HMRC winding up order Feb 10th

- Attempting to sell Mike Williamson to Newcastle for £1m, only later to discover that any resale will evoke a clause meaning they would have to pay Watford £1.25m

- 6,000 odd for the FA Cup 3rd round, 8,000 odd for the an all-Prem tie in the following round

- Rumours of trying to scam the Premier League to remove the embargo by not naming all the alloted substitutes in games

- Rumours of the club 'watering' the pitch overnight to get the home game versus B'ham called off while missing 4 players at the ANC

- Persistant lying/backstabbing/deckchair shuffling/arguing/squabbling between directors, fans

Have I missed anything? Please, let me know :-D

Edited by Crab Lungs

It seems alot of their tickets today were freebies. My old man is an Exec at one of the largest construction firms in Portsmouth... when watching the Spurs v Leeds game he piped up with... " hey son, could have got you a ticket to PFC today, their commercial officer dropped in 50 pairs of tickets on Wednesday "

Priceless.

And still only 10k :lol:

:lol:

On top of that, there is this little beauty of a thread. You can almost sense them dribbling all over their keyboards...

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123126590

I wonder what they are alluding to in this thread... Markus interested in Portsmouth, perhaps? Or maybe he just wants to flatten SMS and turn everything into a shipyard?

Sad, sad group of people.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Surely even Poopey aren't so stupid to agree to sell-on clause where the player is being sold at a loss.......or is it not a sell-on clause, but just the fact that the outstanding money becomes immediately due?

Strangely, I find myself in the unusual position of hoping they win tomorrow - would be a great time for a local derby in round 5 - HMRC and courts allowing that they make it that far.

We could end up getting a bye!

On top of that, there is this little beauty of a thread. You can almost sense them dribbling all over their keyboards...

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123126590

I wonder what they are alluding to in this thread... Markus interested in Portsmouth, perhaps? Or maybe he just wants to flatten SMS and turn everything into a shipyard?

Sad, sad group of people.

Searching that same forum I came across a touch of realism from them?

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=424&fid=203&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123130250

Richharry03 has a point but I think, after today's showing of 10.315, that 8,000 hardcore in L1 might be a tad optimistic even for the 'best fans ever fact'?

Just had a look at there forum and there is a thread about our owner and asking if he watches us, 1 bloke says he come to a couple of games as he see's him on the back of the Echo sometimes, I get the feeling though that they are very very sour........nice

COYS

Apart from Premier League Portsmouth vs Premier League Sunderland attendance 10,315. Saints of Div3 v Ipswich of the Championship, attendance 20,400

Now when your club needs every penny it can get, that's priceless...

how many did Sunderland bring down? They usually sell their allocation even for mammoth trips like this.

how many did Sunderland bring down? They usually sell their allocation even for mammoth trips like this.

Exactly! I'd bet they brought between 2 and 3 thousand. Leaving 8k, of which, maybe, some 5k were season ticket holders? So they may have had 6k paying customers including the Mackems. Minus the freebies which Stu talks about on another thread also minus cash lost on those that got in cheap.

I've no real idea but I'd hazard a, generous?, guess that they took about £160/£200k maybe? Plus the F.A. Prize money (is it £90k?) so maybe they grossed £300k?

Less tax, oh they're exempt from paying that!

Less wages, catering, police. Will probably leave them with the square root of feck all?

**EDIT**

Informed that FA Cup tickets are not in the season ticket price so I'll add another £150k?

Still only a couple of players wages?

Edited by EastleighSoulBoy
Info from Chez

someone mentioned a 40% cut for the away club, but that was on Meridian.

And having watched the tv game, has Redknapp sold Spurs our songs or did he get them as a payoff?

'get your father's gun, and shoot the Chelsea scum....' - 'oh when the Spurs, go marching in'...???

Are we owed royalties?