Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

We all knew it would happen. I can't wait. Though I wont attend, i go to all games with my wife, and feel it could be nasty, too many nongers i'm afraid and emotions are very raw on both sides. My prediction, your in for more heartache. However, I'd swap all that for a new owner and a brighter future. Hope it's on Saturday as I'm in Southampton for the Stewart Lee gig. :D

We all knew it would happen. I can't wait. Though I wont attend, i go to all games with my wife, and feel it could be nasty, too many nongers i'm afraid and emotions are very raw on both sides. My prediction, your in for more heartache. However, I'd swap all that for a new owner and a brighter future. Hope it's on Saturday as I'm in Southampton for the Stewart Lee gig. :D

I'll be honest, I think you'll beat us about 2/3-0, but one last flourish before you clear off altogether, there will be no hard feelings :D

You won't go to the match but if by some fluke, we manage to win, will you desert our message board ?? Will you "do a Corpy" and embark on the world's longest ever gardening leave??

I hope not because it is nice to have a decent skate posting on this board .... even though you are so deluded that you think that you will win !! :-)

Mush, we fully expect to lose, I'm just chuffed my nipper will get to see a derby game before you lot go pop.

We win, they'll never hear the last of it. They win, what did they expect, they are in the Premiership!

This is win/win.

No it's not. It'll hurt like ****ing hell. I was at the Dell in '96. Lower league pompey went with High hopes and Super Walshie leading the line, we we're gonna do you over, I unrealistically believed it. Didn't happen and still hurt like hell, even though the casual observer would of expected it.

No it's not. It'll hurt like ****ing hell. I was at the Dell in '96. Lower league pompey went with High hopes and Super Walshie leading the line, we we're gonna do you over, I unrealistically believed it. Didn't happen and still hurt like hell, even though the casual observer would of expected it.

The very point is though, I have no expectation either way. The only one that could hurt out of this wears Blue.

See thats where were different. We aren't complete delusional knob jockeys :)

You won't go to the match but if by some fluke, we manage to win, will you desert our message board ?? Will you "do a Corpy" and embark on the world's longest ever gardening leave??

I hope not because it is nice to have a decent skate posting on this board .... even though you are so deluded that you think that you will win !! :-)

Thats very kind of you Tame, I won't desert this board whatever the result. There's plenty of good football people on here to talk to and as long as there are, i'll stick around. In truth your LESS likely to see me on here for a while after Pompey win, i'm not one to gloat and would wait for the dust to settle and your wounds to heal before making a sheepish reappearance. :)

To be fiar to PES anybody who says that they wouldn't be gutted if we lost is either a bit wierd or not being entirely honest.

We are a League 1 team, if we played tomorrow they SHOULD beat us. However I'm holding out for the end of the January Poopey player sale. Hopefully any of their better players who aren't sold won't be paid and will give their 14 days notice and they'll have to play the under 16s.

If we win I will go absolutely F*&&%ing metal!

To be fiar to PES anybody who says that they wouldn't be gutted if we lost is either a bit wierd or not being entirely honest.

We are a League 1 team, if we played tomorrow they SHOULD beat us. However I'm holding out for the end of the January Poopey player sale. Hopefully any of their better players who aren't sold won't be paid and will give their 14 days notice and they'll have to play the under 16s.

As any sane/honest Saints fan would. (Aint gonna happen though Clapham!) ;):)

soon we might have to revisit the question about who wants them to survive and who wants them to disappear - the draw will certainly crank up the hate in the next few weeks.

Not a good day for the old bill.

And if their new investment doesn't appear and the court case forces them into a serious hole as we book our Wembley final, I can see one or two of their supporters using it as a last opportunity to smash someone else's town up.

That has the potential to be an interesting week for both clubs. (slight understatement)

Of course we'd all be gutted but we are a L1 club playing a EPL club and, sh*t as they may be, they are still two leagues higher than us.

That said, we win and I will go ******** mental.

soon we might have to revisit the question about who wants them to survive and who wants them to disappear - the draw will certainly crank up the hate in the next few weeks.

Not a good day for the old bill.

And if their new investment doesn't appear and the court case forces them into a serious hole as we book our Wembley final, I can see one or two of their supporters using it as a last opportunity to smash someone else's town up.

That has the potential to be an interesting week for both clubs. (slight understatement)

I think it's safe to say that the OB will have it sown up, starting with a 12.00 Sunday KO.

ffs....they are deluded

Some guy on pompeychimesforum has said that he spoke to a Spurs fan who said that a deal with an Irish and Arab group should be announced on Tuesday.

Irish Group:

This deal would involve a person with "bad blood with Man Utd". Could this be John McManus who sold his and John Magnier shares to The Glazer Family. McManus and Magnier are also in business with Dermot Desmond, who all have a net worth of over £1 billion and they are all into horse racing.

Arab Group:

The other thing the spurs fan said was that there would be an Arab group. Considering that all the three Irish are involved in horse racing and Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Maktoum is could there be a link. A few weeks ago he was linked to a takeover bid.

I am loving this evening - I've got a bunch of Skatey mates and the banter is already huge! They were brutal in their **** taking in the summer over our financial troubles and I've returned the favour. However none of us would have it any different and none of us want the other team to go out of business.

This is why the Skates must not disappear!

I am loving this evening - I've got a bunch of Skatey mates and the banter is already huge! They were brutal in their **** taking in the summer over our financial troubles and I've returned the favour. However none of us would have it any different and none of us want the other team to go out of business.

This is why the Skates must not disappear!

:cool:

pes ....you're a good lad

Dont understand why you won't be coming..... it could be the last one ever

I'm sure it won't be the last one, but I agree that trouble is no reason to stay away! Not wearing colours should be fine. Generally people that get into trouble at the footbal are those who are looking for it.

Unless of course your wife has John Westwood style pompey tattoos on her face PES, in which case I understand why you don't want to go with her ;)

Skates ticket allocation

1) season ticket holders

2)attended cup matches

3) attended league games

if they all buy a ticket the other half of their allocation will go on general sale.

Probably be one of the biggest gatherings of skates fans they will have seen for a while!

Shame we have to offer a club with small support the full fa allocation

pes ....you're a good lad

Dont understand why you won't be coming..... it could be the last one ever

It may well be Gemmel, I love the banter, but i've had enough of all the Hate, I can't be doing with being around 27,000 haters. I guess i'm just an old hippy at heart. When I was a teen and even into my 20's i'd of gone in for it, maximum hating of scummers, but now i'm a bit older it all seems like a nightmarish pantomime that wont ever end, humourless and depressing, I'm not explaining myself too well am I?

It brings out the worst in human nature and I personally don't like being around it. I cant even stand the songs about 'bricking' scummers etc (even though it's just a song). I should of been born in the 40's and 50's when we'd all of gone along, taken the **** out of each other and had a drink after the game. That said, it doesn't mean that I don't hope Pompey utterly destroy you on the pitch, i've had enough of you tossers lording it over us from 2 divisions below! ;):D

I'm sure it won't be the last one, but I agree that trouble is no reason to stay away! Not wearing colours should be fine. Generally people that get into trouble at the footbal are those who are looking for it.

Unless of course your wife has John Westwood style pompey tattoos on her face PES, in which case I understand why you don't want to go with her ;)

No tattoo's, but she will insist on the Blue dreads and the clown shoes, theres no telling her!

It may well be Gemmel, I love the banter, but i've had enough of all the Hate, I can't be doing with being around 27,000 haters. I guess i'm just an old hippy at heart. When I was a teen and even into my 20's i'd of gone in for it, maximum hating of scummers, but now i'm a bit older it all seems like a nightmarish pantomime that wont ever end, humourless and depressing, I'm not explaining myself too well am I?

It brings out the worst in human nature and I personally don't like being around it. I cant even stand the songs about 'bricking' scummers etc (even though it's just a song). I should of been born in the 40's and 50's when we'd all of gone along, taken the **** out of each other and had a drink after the game. That said, it doesn't mean that I don't hope Pompey utterly destroy you on the pitch, i've had enough of you tossers lording it over us from 2 divisions below! ;):D

Surrounded by 27,000 haters? Considering Fratton only holds around 20,000 I think you're being unrealistic with numbers there PES.

Edited by Doctoroncall

Q. What's funnier than drawing your local rivals after five years and it being your last chance to smash up their stadium and finally redress the balance of a bitter generation?

A. Going out of business that very week and handing them a bye into the next round.

Q. What's funnier than drawing your local rivals after five years and it being your last chance to smash up their stadium and finally redress the balance of a bitter generation?

A. Going out of business that very week and handing them a bye into the next round.

BYE, BYE, p**pey, p**pey BYE, BYE. :)

Ever decreasing numbers??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7067277/Portsmouth-players-face-waiting-game-over-pay-following-defeat-of-Sunderland-in-FA-Cup.html

Interesting that the telegraph claims it was only 300 on the march.

Also Friday's pay-day does look like another date for the packed 'what happens next' diary.

I do like their arguments that obviously they will be taken over as the premiership is a licence to print money whilst ignoring the fact that it appears they are actually a licence to destroy money. They try to pointing out that who ever would buy them would get £35M in TV money whilst forgetting the costs of trying to remain competitive will tend to easily eat that money up as they themselves have proved.