Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Interesting that portapotty (or who ever it was they have got the loan from) are thinking of suing the PL for the £7M TV money which means even has pompey got it it would have gone straight to them. Actually I would guess they have a good case for the £2M not paid out yet.

sounds like their troubles are over!

It is strange how the transfer embargo is always about to be lifted at the same time as demonstrations / protests start.

Anyone would think that the"good news" is leaked out solely to deflect criticism from the board!!

So I'm guessing Udinese threatened arbitration simply to force Pompey's hand?or do we get another story on Monday? Like a denial from Udinese?

How does this actually help Pompey aside from confusing things further? Even if the PL paid ALL the money to Portpin, how would Pompey cover the transfer debts that this money was going to pay off? Chelsea in particular were not happy to be out of pocket. What about the money due to Watford at the end of the month? It's insane. We've already seen that the Emperor is actually stark b*llock naked. Who do they think they can kid? Why would they push to sell Williamson at a loss if they were confident of getting new funds and winning their legal battles?

Is this really a plan to get a week's worth of signing players who they cannot pay? Surely they are just delaying the inevitable.

At least the PL seem to be holding their ground. Only another 9 days, boys.

I'm feeling a tad more optimistic this morning! That Pompey side were really pumped up in spite of all the goings on. I'm desperately 'hoping' for a better week next week, But like they say, as i'm sure you all know, it's the 'hope' that kills you...

Like many on here I too want a Home tie against our greatest rivals (See imagine an FA cup without the prospect! Every time there's a Draw I hear Portsmouth will play.......(Hight rate raises, hold breath, please be Southampton!) Peterborough (....sigh, next time!), nah I love the rivalry, I'd miss you guys terribly if there was no Saints to hate (Ok, hate is a bit strong, but you know what I mean).

So here's to a meeting in the next round, hoping we can keep our squad together, cos if we do, they'll f****** chew you up and spit you out. ;):D

Ps. Sorry for the defiance, i've not been on the sauce, just enjoying a rare bright spot, my normal defeated demeanor will return within a few days i'm sure. :(

So I'm guessing Udinese threatened arbitration simply to force Pompey's hand?or do we get another story on Monday? Like a denial from Udinese?

How does this actually help Pompey aside from confusing things further? Even if the PL paid ALL the money to Portpin, how would Pompey cover the transfer debts that this money was going to pay off? Chelsea in particular were not happy to be out of pocket. What about the money due to Watford at the end of the month? It's insane. We've already seen that the Emperor is actually stark b*llock naked. Who do they think they can kid? Why would they push to sell Williamson at a loss if they were confident of getting new funds and winning their legal battles?

Is this really a plan to get a week's worth of signing players who they cannot pay? Surely they are just delaying the inevitable.

At least the PL seem to be holding their ground. Only another 9 days, boys.

I imagine they will gamble everything on premiership survival. Sh*t or bust and I reckon they COULD make it...

I'm feeling a tad more optimistic this morning! That Pompey side were really pumped up in spite of all the goings on. I'm desperately 'hoping' for a better week next week, But like they say, as i'm sure you all know, it's the 'hope' that kills you...

Ps. Sorry for the defiance, i've not been on the sauce, just enjoying a rare bright spot, my normal defeated demeanor will return within a few days i'm sure. :(

I guess you deserve to enjoy the momentary respite from the doom and gloom but as much as I want to wish you luck for next week, I couldn't sincerely do it as I am enjoying the comedy saga far too much.

I do hope PFC survives, and I do have my moments of sympathy (albeit brief), but come on...a 10,000 gate for an all Prem FA cup game when the club is fighting for its life....WTF!! 'Best fans in the land' .....comedy gold.

Re: my previous remark on the 10,000 gate - I now have the 'explanation' as posted by one of their cheerleaders over on their local rags site......this is genius....

Posted by Lysander1

Read some of the posts on here and you'll see that a lot of Pompey fans are spread right around the world.

You expect them to travel to Fratton Park on a Saturday?

Ah..that explains it then. :)

I imagine they will gamble everything on premiership survival. Sh*t or bust and I reckon they COULD make it...

Undoubtedly they COULD survive. The bottom of the table is so tight and the teams down there so comparatively weak, that a bit of a good run could save them... but at what price? The debt is not getting any smaller and, as the Williamson transfer shows, even something as simple as selling a player doesn't always fix things. So aren't they just doing the same old Pompey thing - deferring problems for another day?

It would be like buying a £100k house that comes with a £400k mortgage already on it, before you have to knock it down and spend £1m building the new one - on a council estate.

And always trying to keep up with the classy neighbours down the road (M27).

Another thing that p1sses me off - they only put 5 subs on the bench to make the point about poor Poopey, not allowed to have full squad. We played most of last season using youth players because we didn't have the money to sign players. Bournemouth have even had a schoolboy on theirs. According to BBC they have over 30 players with squad numbers & if they can't afford to buy (& then not pay for or pay) players they should use some of them

This deluded bell ringer's ITK on 606,

comment by blueBowkers (U14300632)

posted 18 Minutes Ago

Ok so having had a night to sleep on it, seems the Sunday Mirror have reported that two consortia have made bids. Now, the other boards across the internet are saying that one could be from Exxon Mobil, though quite why they would is beyond me. The other possibilty is that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is

It's either Exxon Mobil, or Al Maktoum.:smt043

it's most likely to be either well-meaning fan-based consortiums who will expect the current owners to pay off the debt, step aside, and hand the club over to them, or corporate sharks looking for a post-admin bargain.

In both scenarios any new owners won't want to touch the debt so I see no change to their situation.

IF there is a consortium ready to go -they need to open talks/hunt down and agree individual terms with Faraj, Fahim, Gaydamak, Chinrai, creditors, the Prem, AND complete due diligence and all the paperwork in the next three days.

That will give them time to strengthen the squad, pay the wages to prevent a player exodus and pave the way for a rosy future.

If any deal was that advanced, Storrie would have told the inbreds where to stick their bells and he would be all over the press talking himself up - and he ain't.

If we are playing Call My Bluff I'll go for Frank Muir's suggestion that there is in fact no sign of real investment and it is more lies to deflect attention away from the elephant sat in the corner....

I expect a few scouts were swelling the bumper crowd even further.

Interesting that the debts to Portpin (Kushnir & Chainrai) are now £23m - obviously where the money to pay the wages for the last few months has been coming from. And if they are now threatening legal action against the PL, it would appear that Portsmouth are behind in payments there as well.

So just where are the funds to pay the January payroll going to come from?

This deluded bell ringer's ITK on 606,

comment by blueBowkers (U14300632)

posted 18 Minutes Ago

Ok so having had a night to sleep on it, seems the Sunday Mirror have reported that two consortia have made bids. Now, the other boards across the internet are saying that one could be from Exxon Mobil, though quite why they would is beyond me. The other possibilty is that Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum is

t's either Exxon Mobil, or Al Maktoum.:smt043

They probably think there is oil under Krapton fart.

PES

Before the flak begins can I say a sincere good luck to you and I too want to play you. Saints v Pompey is always the best test for either of us and we owe you one. Don;t care what league we are both in, bring it on.

hamster

Well said Hamster! :D

I expect a few scouts were swelling the bumper crowd even further.

Pompey is definately drawing Saints Benji, I can feel it in my water. Maybe one last day in the sun for us blue few?, roll on!, I for one can't wait as the postering and willy waving on here is soooo cheap. I support Portsmouth FOOTBALL club, you support Southampton FOOTBALL club, despite all the goings on at PFC now and SFC earlier in the year, FOOTBALL is what it's all about for us the fans (or it should be anyway, I aint no financial analyst), so I say come on, let's play!.....

Oh, one more thing, when we humiliate you on the pitch for one last time, I won't gloat, it's really not me, but trust me, i'll f****** love it!!!!!! :)

Touched on by mcjwills, further up. Very funny if true!!!!

They also face a winding up order by the HMRC, which threatens to put them out of business. Meanwhile, *financial *director Tanya Roberts has resigned from the board after growing tired of *conflict with *convicted fraudster Danny Azougy, an adviser to the current *owners.

Azougy was ejected from a meeting with the Premier League last week.

:D

Iam not deluded enough to want to play pompey.

They need somewhere to target their ire and a match with us could become pretty nasty off the pitch.

As for a game of football, I do not feel we are ready to take them on, and hope to go out to another.

Iam not deluded enough to want to play pompey.

They need somewhere to target their ire and a match with us could become pretty nasty off the pitch.

As for a game of football, I do not feel we are ready to take them on, and hope to go out to another.

Sensible post Nick, you know it makes sense. ;) However the game is inevitable, I can feel it. :D

Sensible post Nick, you know it makes sense. ;) However the game is inevitable, I can feel it. :D
If so then bring it on. It would be pefect for your club as the coffers would be filled, but it would be far better that you played your Northern twins Wigan. You may even get into a 5 figure attendance then.

Pompey is definately drawing Saints Benji, I can feel it in my water. Maybe one last day in the sun for us blue few?, roll on!, I for one can't wait as the postering and willy waving on here is soooo cheap. I support Portsmouth FOOTBALL club, you support Southampton FOOTBALL club, despite all the goings on at PFC now and SFC earlier in the year, FOOTBALL is what it's all about for us the fans (or it should be anyway, I aint no financial analyst), so I say come on, let's play!.....

Oh, one more thing, when we humiliate you on the pitch for one last time, I won't gloat, it's really not me, but trust me, i'll f****** love it!!!!!! :)

If you beat us, which you probably will (which is something of a hollow victory given the cost of putting together the team to do so) you will still trail in our wake in terms of heads to heads against us.

As you will soon be plummeting through the divisions and we will be on our way back up, I suspect you will never ever beat SFC more times than SFC beats you.

Unlucky.

I suppose a couple of league titles 40 years before I was born, when goalposts were jumpers, you could have a pint with Arthur "goalmachine" Ramsbottom or whoever after and be back in time for ma's fish supper and a night at the music hall might make me feel less smug..... but they don't.

just been over the pompeyfans site for some giggles..

ffs, some even think that the FACT they have nothing at all in terms of stadium etc is an advantage....someone could make loads of money by buying pompey

ffs,

Tim - thanks for your support but I disagree. Pompey's lack of an infrastructure COULD work in our favour. There is money to be made from development round a training ground and a stadium: that is what attracted Mad Mandy and Shady Sasha in the first place. A hotel was linked to the Titchfield training ground project but Fareham Council turned that down. Luxury flats were involved with the Fratton Goods Yard project - but Sasha has sabotaged that by keeping hold of some of the land. Investors' greed is the hope for the future of the club.

Might the Pompey side have been pumped up because they know they're out of a job in a few weeks time and need to impress potential employers?

just been over the pompeyfans site for some giggles..

ffs, some even think that the FACT they have nothing at all in terms of stadium etc is an advantage....someone could make loads of money by buying pompey

ffs,

Hahaha, love it.

They really are so very, very stupid. I've never heard such bizarre reasoning!

"The lack of infrastructure could work in our favour"

LMAO. Oh yes, definitely. I agree. Why have a £25m outlay when you can have £100m?

Surely these comments demand a closer look:

'In a separate development, Portpin, the company that has provided short-term bridging loans to Portsmouth totalling £23m to enable the club to keep operating, has demanded the Premier League pay the money it says is still due.

Sources at Portpin, which is owned by businessmen Levi Kushnir, Balram Chainrai and partners, claim that the governing body have been served with a legal notice asking them for the funds after this month's £7m payment was paid directly to some of the club's football creditors.'

It sort of suggests to me that Portpin were expecting to get money from Pompey when they got their TV money. This could actually be very bad news for the Blue very few

Ah, good to get back home to this thread after working at the golf in Abu Dhabi all weekend.

First one - two Toon Army types in their shirts walking round all day (must have been 50+ and WTF wearing those at golf) anyway they are in the Hospitality slugging beers as Kaymer is presented with his cheque for winning...

And one of them shouts out - hey quick - better get security down there, some Portsmuff Director may try and beat aahsley to nick that big cheque.... (sweet)

Secondly, met a local contact of mine who is "high up" in the local FA and a board member of "The main man's" local football club.

(He's a Gooner in a dish dash BTW)

First thing he said - I see your boys are having a really good season, well done. Second thing - I bet you are all laughing like mad about your rivals. We all thought it was really funny when we saw the rumours we were going to buy them. "Hahaha don't they know there's only one team in Hampshire"

Now THAT was funny.

Ah, good to get back home to this thread after working at the golf in Abu Dhabi all weekend.

First one - two Toon Army types in their shirts walking round all day (must have been 50+ and WTF wearing those at golf) anyway they are in the Hospitality slugging beers as Kaymer is presented with his cheque for winning...

And one of them shouts out - hey quick - better get security down there, some Portsmuff Director may try and beat aahsley to nick that big cheque.... (sweet)

Secondly, met a local contact of mine who is "high up" in the local FA and a board member of "The main man's" local football club.

(He's a Gooner in a dish dash BTW)

First thing he said - I see your boys are having a really good season, well done. Second thing - I bet you are all laughing like mad about your rivals. We all thought it was really funny when we saw the rumours we were going to buy them. "Hahaha don't they know there's only one team in Hampshire"

Now THAT was funny.

David Dein?