Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

His high up insider within pfc who he sees socially every two weeks or so?

It would be good to know as his "friend" has been bang on regarding the new ground, Riqualme, the "Dr" and billionaire arabs.

If by some chance these rumours from Corp are correct, then a lot of people on here are going to get slaughtered by him....

Think the next week will be make or break for the skates.

This just gets funnier! Pompey thought they were on the verge of getting £1M from Newcastle for Mike Williamson. However, its been put on hold since some bright spark at Pompey actually read the finer details of his contract, which states that his previous club Watford would be paid £1.25M upon his sale, which would have left the skates out of pocket!

You couldn't make up how badly they are being managed.

With deals like this, its almost as if someone has actually gone out with the intention of bankrupting poopy!

They were doing so well today as well... made it until late afternoon without lollage material.

This just gets funnier! Pompey thought they were on the verge of getting £1M from Newcastle for Mike Williamson. However, its been put on hold since some bright spark at Pompey actually read the finer details of his contract, which states that his previous club Watford would be paid £1.25M upon his sale, which would have left the skates out of pocket!

Perhaps they were still working under the principle that they wouldn't have to repay the money as it was only one of those pesky footballing debts. Or would this debt just join the back of the queue so older ones can really get paid?

I did see something which suggested Williamson was due a payment because he didn't request the transfer. Any news about this?

Trying not to laugh at PFC (given out recent flirtation with annihilation) but they make it so tough...

Can someone please tell me whether Storrie really said that Hayling Island was "offshore" or whether that was just a joke? Can't find any articles where he said it.

LOL. Yeah, it is just possible that I made up the off-shore claim.

"Mr Storrie of St. Helen's Road, Hayling Island is expected to put forward the defence that he believed his financial dealings lay outside of her majesty's revenue and customs' jurisdiction. He was apparently under the impression that Hayling Island was 'off shore'."

I should have made it clear but I never have got the hang of those smilies. :(

Don't know if there is any truth in Post No#81 but someone reckons they've been down to the Club and tomorrows game is expected to be called off.

With a username such as 657hooligan I don't expect it to be true, but funnier things have happened so far along the way that it wouldn't surprise me.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/frattonlatest/Stoke-criticise-Pompey-over-James.6006749.jp?CommentPage=9&CommentPageLength=10#comments

Mike Williamson - £3m

Not playing him and then trying to sell him 6 months later for -£250k - Priceless

There are some things money cant buy

For everything else there's PompeyCard

Almost but I think it might actually be...

Bought for £3m - not played a single game & transfer fee paid from their Sky money

Sold for £1m (yes net loss of £2m, thats how much per game errr... :rolleyes:)

Then work out that as he hasn't asked for a transfer, he's due his loyalty bonus of £1.2m (or possibly the £1.2m is the remainder of his transfer fee)

But as you say... Priceless

This sums up PFC perfectly,imo...

Just another reason why the Premier League are probably embarrassed to have Pompey in their brand of 'World Class' football and can't wait to be shot of them.

No offence to the Blue Few but if I was one of their fans I wouldn't want the world to think this was an 'ambassador' representing our fan base as it seems he has become for them down there whether they like it or not.

Edited by Gigersaint

DEBT BREAKDOWN

Loans

Coutts & Co (another bank) created 15 July 2009 - debt unknown

Certain

Balram Chainrai ('short-term' loans) £18.75m

Lens (Dindane and Belhadj - Lens 'agreed' revised repayment plan after defaulting) £4m-8m

Rennes (Utaka transfer - Rennes 'want Portsmouth shut down' after defaulting) £4m-£6m

Chelsea (Johnson transfer) £3m

Campbell (former player suing for 'image rights') £1.7m

Claimed

Udinese (Muntari transfer - reported Portsmouth to Court of Arbitration) £4m

Spurs (Kaboul transfer inc. add ons in event of resale) £3.5m

Agents (Diarra transfer - Willie McKay, other) £3m

Disputed

Alexandre Gaydamak Jnr (£9m due this Jan, further £19m to follow - just paid £2.5m to Barclays to clear overdraft, repayment 'negotiable' according to The News) £30.5m

HMRC £11m (disputed - Portsmouth claim to have paid £4m and are due a return!)

Speculative

Watford (Smith, Williamson transfers) £3m

Rolling Debt

Estimated £2m in wages, per month

Debt Settled

Standard Bank (settled 26 Sep 2009)

Singer & Friedlander (4 Nov 2009)

Barclays (paid by Gaydamak Jan 2010)

TOTAL DEBT (my conservative estimate): Around £85m

Other Notes 'meanwhile, in other news...'

- Manager widely reported to be visiting brothels

- 2 skint Arabs who have continued to tussle for power (Al-Fahim owns 10% of nothing, 'Falcondrone' of Al-Mirage owns 90% of the remaining nothing)

- Shady Israeli-French-Russian former chairman and equally shady ex-arms dealing Israeli-French-Russian father of previous chairman in the background asking for repayment on past expenditure whilst tying up all the important land around Fratton Park

- Ex-manager Harry Redknapp in court for tax evasion

- Ex-chairman Milan Mandaric in court for cheating public revenue

- CEO in court for tax evasion (Storrie claims that he thought Hayling Island was 'offshore')

- Shamed ex-Israeli lawyer banned from practicing/elected as director in charge of their affairs

- Only around 10,000 season ticket holders

- 'Kids a quid' even failing to improve attendances - still averaging less than Southampton and is one the lowest in the Prem

- New 'Potty' ground at Horsea on hold until 2027

- No training ground - still training in a field in Eastleigh

- Don't own their own ground - secured against a loan to pay staff wages

- Gaydamak owns most valuable land around Fratton Park which will prevent any redevelopment for as long as they are in dispute- Players being paid astronomical wages SOMETIMES ALMOST DEFINITELY MAYBE (Utaka £80,000, James £60,000 and still on the payroll)

- Short-term loans in abundance, no doubt with a huuuuuuuuuge emphasis on interest

- Youth team disbanding

- Coaches, scouts and other staff already 'culled'

- HMRC winding up order Feb 10th

- Attempting to sell Mike Williamson to Newcastle for £1m, only later to discover that any resale will evoke a clause meaning they would have to pay Watford £1.25m

Have I missed anything? Please, let me know :-D

the wage bill is closer to £3m not £2m. The £1.8m figure comes from when they were short of £1.8m the first time they were struggling to pay the wages.

To be fair to the skates you have failed to take into account any funds coming in. The sales of players may consist of lots of stagered payments that will be due at various stages. Or maybe not.

Edited by Chez

i am worried that the skates will get a massive fee for Kaboul, and that everything will be sorted, and the thread will end.

Someone please reassure me that£10m won't be enough to save themat least from a drop of 2 divisions at least.

They really do deserve some bad times.

In my neutral opinion.

This sums up PFC perfectly,imo...

john-portsmouth-football-club-westwood.jpg

John PFC Westwood: (number removed)

He seemed to like posting his number on a PFC press release for thier march tommorow. feel free to text him to give him our support LMAO

Edited by Ponty
Please see Steve's earlier post on this.

i am worried that the skates will get a massive fee for Kaboul, and that everything will be sorted, and the thread will end.

Someone please reassure me that£10m won't be enough to save themat least from a drop of 2 divisions at least.

They really do deserve some bad times.

In my neutral opinion.

Knowone will pay £10million for any of their players. They know they have to sell so the bids will reflect that. Spurs probably have a sell on clause and are probably owed money for the initial transfer. Kaboul will not save them!

Made me chuckle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A62246603

Some of the good bits

' five clubs that want to extract even more money from us'

'it is like we are the black sheep of the premier league even though we have been there for a lot longer than most of the other clubs'

'portsmouth football club is now not just a club now but is is a jobsite, hence the sponser'

'i believe that portsmouth football club can be great again but we just have to believe and start playing to our actual standards, because we have international captins, fa cup winners, carling cup winners and much much more '

the wage bill is closer to £3m not £2m. The £1.8m figure comes from when they were short of £1.8m the first time they were struggling to pay the wages.

To be fair to the skates you have failed to take into account any funds coming in. The sales of players may consist of lots of stagered payments that will be due at various stages. Or maybe not.

Another thing they owe is an explanation to the football world about how they bought their place in the PL on a gun runners borrowed money.

And while they are at it, their board owe the world an explanation about how "buying" players that they have no means of really funding is a "level playing field".(about which they are currently so keen.)

Surely even Poopey aren't so stupid to agree to sell-on clause where the player is being sold at a loss.......or is it not a sell-on clause, but just the fact that the outstanding money becomes immediately due?

Strangely, I find myself in the unusual position of hoping they win tomorrow - would be a great time for a local derby in round 5 - HMRC and courts allowing that they make it that far.

Surely even Poopey aren't so stupid to agree to sell-on clause where the player is being sold at a loss.......or is it not a sell-on clause, but just the fact that the outstanding money becomes immediately due?

Strangely, I find myself in the unusual position of hoping they win tomorrow - would be a great time for a local derby in round 5 - HMRC and courts allowing that they make it that far.

Just been confirmed on Sky Sports

Interesting, followimg David in Sweden's sweepstake and there I go thinking that the "we could make it up line" that we couldn't invent anything as obscure as what happens each day at Poopey.

So I suggest that the next thing will be Al Faraj being abducted by aliens and lo and behold a tenuous link to Poopey and aliens appears

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/7036018/Death-of-UFO-expert-Paul-Vigay-a-mystery.html

But really, really can't wait to get back tonight from work and see what they've come up with today.

Deciding to sue Newcastle for breach of contract?

Grumpy Grant is refusing to answer any more questions about what is going on at Pompey - because he doesn't know the answers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2820699/Still-loving-this-job-Avram.html

I think the penny has dropped for him - about 2 months late.

Can't believe he fell for all the bull**** - think he will resign soon, get out before his reputation gets anymore tattered.

Grumpy Grant is refusing to answer any more questions about what is going on at Pompey - because he doesn't know the answers.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2820699/Still-loving-this-job-Avram.html

he was told when offered the job that a `real' money man had bought the club and he would have gazillions to spend. He genuinely believed it and once it became apparent that he was working for a set of clowns he's been moaning quietly ever since. At least Paul Harte showed real dignity and failed to use the money problems as any kind of excuse. Grant continually says how tough or difficult things are in every interview.

He's a ****. His pathetic attempts to suggest the Premiership were going against "the spirit of football" by holding the money owed to other football clubs need to flagged up at every oportunity. I can't believe he has the audacity to moan at the Premier League. These rules are set in stone for everyone (Pompey will have voted for them or at least agreed to them) and are there to ensure football clubs get their money first whilst other debtors get screwed.

Edited by Chez

he was told when offered the job that a `real' money man had bought the club and he would have gazillions to spend. He genuinely believed it and once it became apparent that he was working for a set of clowns he's been moaning quietly ever since. At least Paul Harte showed real dignity and failed to use the money problems as any kind of excuse. Grant continually says how tough or difficult things are in every interview.

He's a ****. His pathetic attempts to suggest the Premiership were going against "the spirit of football" by holding the money owed to other football clubs need to flagged up at every oportunity. I can't believe he has the audacity to moan at the Premier League. These rules are set in stone for everyone (Pompey will have voted for them or at least agreed to them) and are there to ensure football clubs get their money first whilst other debtors get screwed.

No wonder poor Avram needs to get away for a nice sauna and massage now and again to relieve the stress.........

Edited by Katalinic

His high up insider within pfc who he sees socially every two weeks or so?

It would be good to know as his "friend" has been bang on regarding the new ground, Riqualme, the "Dr" and billionaire arabs.

dont forget they were going to sell 16ooo season tickets

My info was less than 10k but of course Ho's in the know lol

If he had been allowed to sign and they had missed the small print that could have sent them into admin, as they would have had to pay 250k immediately to Watford.

How can the PL sit back and watch a club that is so patently unprofessional.All the millions of pounds they get in and something as simple as the checking of a contract gets missed until the final minute. It is incompetance. Storrie who is earning over a £1m should resign, as he should be where the buck stops.

Interesting that they couldnt find anyone to speak to re james but instantly did when the contract thing sprung up.

Good post and spot on. Hart deserves respect for his efforts as manager and the way he behaved. Grant, on the other hand...

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4867851.Pompey_pull_out_of_deal/

NEWCASTLE’S attempt to sign Mike Williamson was on the verge of collapse last night after Portsmouth’s financial problems forced them to pull the plug on the defender’s proposed move.

"but Portsmouth director of communications Gary Double"

Is he a double crosser?

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/4867851.Pompey_pull_out_of_deal/

NEWCASTLE’S attempt to sign Mike Williamson was on the verge of collapse last night after Portsmouth’s financial problems forced them to pull the plug on the defender’s proposed move.

Hmm so now not only can't they buy or loan anybody, they cant sell anyone either. Just gets funnier and funnier