Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Why would David James be in a Southampton hospital this lunchtime getting x-rayed.....looks like his injury has flared up??

Now that would be funny...he gets an injury just before the window closes, and nobody will buy him. Pompey left paying the wages of a player they will never be able to play due to the clause in his contract when he reaches 20 games.

Imagine what would happen if Kaboul did his cruciate now......

You've got me thinking of good titles, but I'm still trying to think of one for ours who's who coming out later this year.

Trains, Cranes and ........ ( couldn't think of the last bit or whether it should be based on Faliaka or Lynam )

maybe this figure was `created' so as to inflate the market. The idea being that if you know the skates have turned down £10m you are going to come in with a higher bid.

Lens were in the second tier of French football last season and lie only 15th in this. How is a team like that going to afford a £10m transfer fee not to mention Kabouls wages, which must be massive. Lyon maybe.

Very good point

So we think it is safe to assume nobody bid £10m for him and is just trying to bait clubs into offering something high.

Which is sort of like bluffing in poker. They have a **** hand and everyone knows it. They will probably be forced to sell him for £3m-£4m if he doesnt get injured in the nations cup. If he did feck i would die from laughing!

Lets hope he gets the freedom of Ford Open Prison

The thing is you would think he might have a hard time being sent down, but he probably already knows everyone in there. He will be like the fixer in jail, can get you whatever you want.....either that or the shower princess ;)

Is Kaboul really worth £11m+?

What makes me laugh is in that news report they say they have to sell £11m+ in under 2 weeks) like i said, but they also say they plan to spend £10.5m on new players.....10 day's until the window shuts. Or 10 day's until judgement day :)

Really doesn't matter what they think he's worth, the football world know they are desperate for money. And in ten days time the wages will be overdue once again (probably almost definitely). So the vultures will be circling making stupidly low offers, knowing by 11pm transfer deadline day they will be snapping their hands off to get some Wonga in, anything to try to keep going & hopefully get enough for them to pay of HMRC before the 10th of Feb. I cant see anyone paying much more than 4- million for kaboul at the moment to be frank.

As for bringing players in, I just cant see which club would be foolish enough to trade with them, unless its a deal up front & in cash. And seriously would you leave another club where your getting paid to go to another one, which in all likely hood will have not paid their players for the 4th time this season? their only hope is someone out of contract who is prepared to take a punt on getting paid. IMHO. All being when they get the transfer embargo lifted tomorrow or the next day or oh!

Originally Posted by saint lard viewpost.gif

Apologies if already posted,PL keep embargo in place...shame,the comments are great.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Po...-to.5999954.jp

Have to LOL at the responses, they just dont get it do they, I thought that they were just burying there heads in the sand earlier on in this Pantomime, but I seriously wonder at there mental health reading their comments of late. Its Hilarious how its everyone else's fault that the over extended themselves. And they now after cheating (buying the FA cup) want an even playing field :smt081

As for a name for the Poopey story seeing as there new stadium pictures looked like One. How about CARRY ON UP THE KARZEE! could have that picture of the bog stadium on the front as well :D

Not sure if anyone has posted this before but anyway, 2nd item down "Never mind the terror, the team's insured". Mr Jacobs, he's all heart.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1243749/PATRICK-COLLINS-Crickets-moral-maze-lets-cheats-like-Graeme-Smith-prosper.html

Absolutely unbelievable. PR obviously not a strong point for "Crackers". This "Comedy Club" just keeps getting better and better. Fresh jokes every day. :D

Very good point

So we think it is safe to assume nobody bid £10m for him and is just trying to bait clubs into offering something high.

Which is sort of like bluffing in poker. They have a **** hand and everyone knows it. They will probably be forced to sell him for £3m-£4m if he doesnt get injured in the nations cup. If he did feck i would die from laughing!

Two things. Its Lille that have supposedly made the offer of 10 million Euros (Man City were rumoured to haev offered 8 million Euros when Hughes was around), and he's not at the African Nations - he wants to play for France. He's not playing for the Skates because he has an "inflamed big toe".

Two things. Its Lille that have supposedly made the offer of 10 million Euros (Man City were rumoured to haev offered 8 million Euros when Hughes was around), and he's not at the African Nations - he wants to play for France. He's not playing for the Skates because he has an "inflamed big toe".

the thing that is inflamed about him is his price tag and reputation

Absolutely unbelievable. PR obviously not a strong point for "Crackers". This "Comedy Club" just keeps getting better and better. Fresh jokes every day. :D

What's the chances that an insurnace clerk has ****ed up and mis-directed payments for six months the players are no longer covered

Not sure if anyone has posted this before but anyway, 2nd item down "Never mind the terror, the team's insured". Mr Jacobs, he's all heart.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1243749/PATRICK-COLLINS-Crickets-moral-maze-lets-cheats-like-Graeme-Smith-prosper.html

Ahhh good old Mr Jacob, Pompeys very own Comical Ali, once again speaking before thinking

nutsq.png

if you were selling something, I knew you had to sell as were so desperate for the money

if I knew that if I didn't buy it, you may cease trading and I would be able to get it for free

if I knew there were only a limited number of people who could buy it, and of those only limited want it or could afford its running cost

if I knew you only had just over a week to sell

I would wait a week and offer you a very very low price

if you were selling something, I knew you had to sell as were so desperate for the money

if I knew that if I didn't buy it, you may cease trading and I would be able to get it for free

if I knew there were only a limited number of people who could buy it, and of those only limited want it or could afford its running cost

if I knew you only had just over a week to sell

I would wait a week and offer you a very very low price

the lower the price the more people interested though until you reach a market driven figure. Most Premiership sides could benefit from having a decent centra back added to their squad. How many can afford his wages I wonder?

The story around the youth team is consistent with that chap's comment on Facebook the other day and with Thedellday's claim about HMS Collingwood kicking them out (assuming that's one of the places they train).

They do train,or should i say they did,train at HMS Collingwood.

I have not seen them there for a while.

For the Pompey saga - "On Thin Ice". Suggests the word we all love to use for them (and the fish they love the best), without actually saying it.

For Duncan's latest, how about "Violinists and Road-diggers" - utilises a comment from Lawrie which I always liked.

Funny you should say that. Two parties interested in buying PFC at the moment. Probably nothing will come of it, there have been quite a few who've expressed an initial interest but have then backed off. But one of these two is an arab and apparently has actually got some money, unlike the other two. Doubtful if anything will happen though. Am told the other one is Irish

beggar_468.jpg

irish-motivational-posters-funny.jpg

Aha, here's a facebook status from a skate lad I know:

"Please could: The FA, The Premier League, HM Revenue and Customs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Remnes, Lens, Udinese, Sol Campbell, Richard Scudamore, Mr Justice Newey and Harry Redknapp JUST F*CK OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE"

He really should include the embarassing **** with the bell ;)

Aha, here's a facebook status from a skate lad I know:

"Please could: The FA, The Premier League, HM Revenue and Customs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Remnes, Lens, Udinese, Sol Campbell, Richard Scudamore, Mr Justice Newey and Harry Redknapp JUST F*CK OFF AND LEAVE US ALONE"

youtube-star-chris-crocker-leave_britney_alone.gif

Of course, the terms of player insurance could mean they get a payout if a top player gets injured. I wonder if that could be linked to David James getting "injured"? They don't want to play him. They don't want to pay him. Every little helps.

Does the three club rule not apply?

For Williamson, no. I'm pretty sure he hasn't actually played for Pompey, so he can play for any other club if they care to sign him. Mind you, I wouldn't like to think about how it will affect his potential value that he joined PFC last summer but never made it into their team...

Of course, the terms of player insurance could mean they get a payout if a top player gets injured. I wonder if that could be linked to David James getting "injured"? They don't want to play him. They don't want to pay him. Every little helps.

James would have more integrity than that, surely? He could be done for defrauding an insurance company if caught out.

Doesn't the money they get for him have to go to Watford or has that debt been paid. I know they were looking to take him back.

James would have more integrity than that, surely? He could be done for defrauding an insurance company if caught out.

He may have just got a slight knock in training. It may be the club who are looking to haul him in to see someone who will tell them that it would stop him playing for a bit (and hence be covered by insurance). No defrauding going on. If you feel a little under the weather and feel you're still ok for work but the doctor gives you a sick note, it's not fraud to take the day off work.

Anyway, I'm just musing... Interesting that Jacobs mentioned insurance. It's obviously something which is at the forefront of people's minds at FP. So either they are looking to use it to their advantage or they haven't paid it. Both are possible in Pompeyland.

I think the word you're looking for is 'better'. :D But I'll let that pass. The best thing in the article you've linked to is the quote from Mark Jacob (who's fast becoming a legend in these parts, if perhaps rather less so further east):

We are in the process of finalising an agreement with Udinese.

So, Udinese agree that they're taking Pompey to court, Pompey agree that they are indeed being taken to court. One hell of an agreement, that.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})