Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

remember that your owner has undoubtedly not bought you because he's a lifelong Saints fan. He's bought you to get you back in the PL and then sell you on for a profit. But who does he sell you to and what if they turn out to be a bunch of property developers who pocket all the SKY money, sell all your players, then put the club into liquidation, buy the land back cheap through a shell company and build a load of flats on the site where the Ikea Flatpack Dome once stood. Would you ask the PL what they did to ensure the owners were suitable to own your club?

With our infrastructure we would remain an attractive proposition to many, remember its not just the stadium we own, have you looked at any planning applications whilst relaxing on gardening leave ?

Sorry, was the part I wrote that I thought it "doubtful anything would happen" mistakenly read as "this is definitely going to happen and PFC are saved and will be in the Champs League in two years"?

Just interested to know why you girls responded in the way you did?

Personally I was just qualifying your 'doubtful' past 'very doubtful' and onto somewhere in the vicinity of 'as likely as being simultaneously struck by lightning and a meteorite... whilst in a cave'.

Funny you should say that. Two parties interested in buying PFC at the moment. Probably nothing will come of it, there have been quite a few who've expressed an initial interest but have then backed off. But one of these two is an arab and apparently has actually got some money, unlike the other two. Doubtful if anything will happen though. Am told the other one is Irish

Ooooooh, stop the press - Corpy's had another insider tip on the goings on at Fratton Park.

But don't worry - he's covering his arse this time with the comment 'probably nothing will come of it'

Using your extensive knowledge on Southampton and your contacts in business and in football, is it possible to let us know whether the rumours on the Pompey forums were true and:

1. Markus Liebherr is a nazi

2. Markus Liebherr drove Tiger tanks in WWII

3. Markus Liebherr owes Al Fahim £500m

LOL

Many of you on here seem a bit confused as to who's lent PFC money and seem to think it's Gaydamak. The guy who lent the club £15m is called Chainrai and is a guy who hates Gaydamak. Gaydamak Jnr or Snr aren't putting any money into the club. Is it all a bit complicated for you to follow? :D

You know this for a fact, and it's not all a smoke screen, seems to me, there are too many connections to Gaydamak, for this to be all that it seems. Still, you'll have a nice new supermarket and housing estate to look at....Farten towers....perhaps Storrie could play Basil;);)

Corpulent Whore wrote - 'How many pages/ posts is this thread running to now? When you looked like going pop the situation merited a two page thread on POL. Still, I guess that proves that, like you keep telling me, we're far more obsessed with you than you are with us.'

You seriously misunderstand the reasons behind those statements?

1) A couple of barely literate pages is about the 'pinnacle' of eloquence on POL & probably done with much licking of pencil lead & furrowing of brows.

2) It's not obsession - It's just that we have a well-developed sense of humour exacerbated by the puerility of your enjoyment when we were having our problems. I admit to feeling really down about our prospects but yours (compounded by the feeling of 'what goes round comes round' engendered by your simple but sad joy at our perceived demise) are just about as bad as they could be! We could not have written a better revenge script if we'd had a team of Oscar winning screenwriters working for us than the one that you have brought on your demeaned & petty selves.

What a fantastic screenplay...surely the freedom of the city should be awarded jointly to the assembled cast of bent Russians, potless Arabs, shifty, jail-bound ****neys, story telling execs, increasingly desperate banned lawyers, disaffected & unpaid players past & present......my sympathy extends all the way to finding you a deep hole in the Solent to jump in & end your misery - but please don't think that will do any more than add to our fun!

I repeat - what goes around, comes around,,,Bye then - you won't be missed!:-)

With our infrastructure we would remain an attractive proposition to many, remember its not just the stadium we own, have you looked at any planning applications whilst relaxing on gardening leave ?

Man Utd were attractive to the Glazers - and they're now £700m in debt and rising. Similarly Liverpool.

Are you saying it's impossible that someone would buy you, pocket the SKY money for a couple of years, asset strip you and then liquidate you? Is that impossible?

Ooooooh, stop the press - Corpy's had another insider tip on the goings on at Fratton Park.

But don't worry - he's covering his arse this time with the comment 'probably nothing will come of it'

Using your extensive knowledge on Southampton and your contacts in business and in football, is it possible to let us know whether the rumours on the Pompey forums were true and:

1. Markus Liebherr is a nazi

2. Markus Liebherr drove Tiger tanks in WWII

3. Markus Liebherr owes Al Fahim £500m

LOL

Crabby, are you really taking those commets seriously that were undoubtedly posted to take the **** out of one of the many Saints fans who have crawled out of the woodwork and started to pop up on Pompey boards?

Should I believe everything that Saints fans write on here? One of them says that the only clubs he considers bigger than you are Man U, Liverpool and Newcastle. PMSL

You know this for a fact, and it's not all a smoke screen, seems to me, there are too many connections to Gaydamak, for this to be all that it seems. Still, you'll have a nice new supermarket and housing estate to look at....Farten towers....perhaps Storrie could play Basil;);)

The connections they have to Gaydamak is that they've all sued him in the past. It seems to me that PFC has become a pawn between these guys (Chainrai, Roni Mana, Yuram Yossifoff) and the Gaydamaks. Chainrai was awarded £16m against Gaydamak that's yet to be paid. Why would Gaydamak pay the club £15m? Your claim makes no sense whatsoever

Man Utd were attractive to the Glazers - and they're now £700m in debt and rising. Similarly Liverpool.

Are you saying it's impossible that someone would buy you, pocket the SKY money for a couple of years, asset strip you and then liquidate you? Is that impossible?

Crabby, are you really taking those commets seriously that were undoubtedly posted to take the **** out of one of the many Saints fans who have crawled out of the woodwork and started to pop up on Pompey boards?

Should I believe everything that Saints fans write on here? One of them says that the only clubs he considers bigger than you are Man U, Liverpool and Newcastle. PMSL

The connections they have to Gaydamak is that they've all sued him in the past. It seems to me that PFC has become a pawn between these guys (Chainrai, Roni Mana, Yuram Yossifoff) and the Gaydamaks. Chainrai was awarded £16m against Gaydamak that's yet to be paid. Why would Gaydamak pay the club £15m? Your claim makes no sense whatsoever

My understanding is that he was paid, from a frozen account. Now if that were true!!!!!!!!!.................would it make a bit of sense, UMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Gingeletiss

Nothing is impossible..oh except your lot finding another buyer this side of administration !

Are you suggesting you were asset stripped ?

So then Corpy. We're not a 'draw' for people to come and watch us.

30k against Exeter tells you that we are.

The truth is that when we were going down the toilet we had protests that were well attended (i.e more than 80). We had people who stood up to be counted and supported the club when it was needed.

Looking at the PFC forums there seems to be a hope that someone on a white charger is coming to save you.

Unless that white charger has someone on it who carries a white stick when he looks at the company accounts, it ain't gonna happen.

There are many Pmpy fans I know who I genuinely feel for.

However there are a larger element who took the p&ss out of us.

Karma's a b*tch.

Funny there's hardly any comments about the fact that Chainrai has lent Pompey almost exactly the same amount Gaydamak Snr owes him?

You can't help but feel sorry for Pompey, the more you look at it the more you feel the club's been used to launder money left, right and centre...

Gaydamak owns all of the land around Fratton Park. He claims to be owed a large sum of money by PFC, and is expecting a £9M instalment of that debt this month. I'm pretty sure that nobody on here is claiming that he's given (or indeed lent) PFC any money; however, he is a major creditor of the club. And, unless he gets the money he wants, PFC won't get a square inch of any of the land around Fratton Park.

I'm not sure about your assertion that PFC has somehow become a pawn in a fight between the Gaydamaks and their adversaries - after all, it's very difficult to see exactly what any of them stands to gain from it all. Plus, of course, there's the fact (apparently!) that Gaydamak senior never had anything to do with Pompey anyway - so are you now suggesting that he did do after all? Because if he didn't, why would Chainrai et al use PFC as a pawn in the first place?

Edited by Fowllyd

The way I see it, the firesale has to start pretty damn quick...

If they appeal yesterday's decision not to throw out the winding up petition, and lose, then they'll only be delaying the winding up hearing, and then have no possible source of further income as the transfer window will be shut. Incidentally, I read somewhere that they can't just appeal through some kind of misguided hope, but that they actually have to appeal against a particular point of law, so they may yet not appeal at all.

They are likely still owed money by other clubs in respect of installments for player sales, but suspect that will only be enough to cover the monthly wage bill. http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A62111855 suggests a couple of million due in January.

Indeed, it's highly likely that p****y themselves will have further installments due to other clubs and hence the EPL is still keeping hold of the money. (Incidentally, wasn't the transfer embargo to be "imminently" lifted about this time yesterday?)

If the transfer window closes and they haven't brought in 5m+ in transfer fees, then that will mark the beginning of the end, as they will not have any further opportunity to bring in serious cash before they face the wrath of HMRC and the near-certain liquidation (and extinction) that will bring. Suddenly those £9m offers for Kaboul look like a pretty good deal... they'll be lucky to get half that now as other chairmen start to smell blood.

Expect to see plenty of action on deadline day!

So there are three theories:

1. Chainrai et al. are working against Gaydamak in an attempt to stake claims on one of his assets. This serves to both twist the knife, and possibly suck some money out when the administrator/liquidators start carving up the corpse.

2. Chainrai et al. are working with Gaydamak in an attempt to move money out of frozen Israeli bank accounts, via Skatesville, back to the safety of Moscow. To cover your trail, simply hide the whole laundering business behind a fake sheikh.

3. The 'Official' theory. A well meaning citizen of Dubai, buys a football club he can't afford, then sells it to another well meaning, rich and benevolent sheikh. The new owner, doesn't want to distract from the football, and attempts to stay in the background. A series of unfortunately blunders and bungles with money transfers (all outside of the clubs control) sees them in a lamentable position, but the new investors are just around the corner... All former employees have never, ever been involved in fraudulent activity of any sort, ever. All current employees have never, ever been to Horton Heath, especially not after dark.

Another little snippet from the press...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Grant-Where39s-the-respect.5996282.jp

Any news on the embargo, by the way?

er, the respect pretty much crashed out of football when Pompey started spunking cash around that they didn't have.

****ing hell, not rocket science, is it? PFC ****ed up, so they have to deal with the fallout. Simple.

er, the respect pretty much crashed out of football when Pompey started spunking cash around that they didn't have.

****ing hell, not rocket science, is it? PFC ****ed up, so they have to deal with the fallout. Simple.

Or as one skate poster put it the other day - It's not rocket surgery, is it?

Yes, the laughable respect argument is up there with...

"So we are a club that..

Has been listed as possession of arms dealer,

Spent well beyond our means,

Have several current and ex staff charged with tax evasion,

Can't pay our staff or creditors,

In danger of being wound up by HMRC,

Are millions in debt with little obvious income.

Are involved with a number of dodgy property deals and dealers.

And then on top of that people treat us like the black sheep of the family!!

When the official archivist for this thread comes to tally up the posts, don't forget to add the 700 +posts on 'Pompey or Saints Is their financial position worse than ours?' thread.

In fact couldn't some clever chap merge them

Easily, but I can do without the b*tching for moving a thread from the main board.

Perhaps we'll merge them all when it's over....

Didn't this thread start life on the main board? (If it did perhaps it should have remained there? If it didn't, perhaps it should be moved there! I think an exception can be made...[or do Admin's stick to the rule book like the ref did tonight?])

Edited by Joensuu

How many pages/ posts is this thread running to now? When you looked like going pop the situation merited a two page thread on POL. Still, I guess that proves that, like you keep telling me, we're far more obsessed with you than you are with us. :D

No it just illustrates (once again) that Portsmouth don't have many fans.

Many of you on here seem a bit confused as to who's lent PFC money and seem to think it's Gaydamak.

so the reported £28m PFC owe Gaydamak doesn't exist? I belive that is a DEBT to be paid back over time. In my book that constitutes a loan. Is it not you that is confused?

It's possible. It's also possible we'll be bought by Bill Gates, Paul Allen, the Dalai Lama and Craig David. Who cares?

The fact is, Pompey are paying, quite, quite hilariously for being the most disgusting football team in the history of the modern game.

This is such a fantastic reversal of fortune.

Just 6 short months ago, 28th May 2009:

Saints appearing to be going out of business... http://www.football.co.uk/southampton/saints_unable_to_pay_wages_285854.shtml

...but end up with a billionaire

Pompey appeared to have landed a billionare... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6375213.ece

...but end up going out of business

Saints appearing to be going out of business... http://www.football.co.uk/southampton/saints_unable_to_pay_wages_285854.shtml

Pompey appeared to have landed a billionare... http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article6375213.ece

Just about the best post out of all of them on this thread...

If Carlsberg did local rivalry....

SFC -JPTF

PFC - RIP

or

Saints looking forward to appearance at the New Wembley

Skates looking forward to appearance at the Old Bailey

;)

A bit of a pattern emerging between us and them,cup final followed shortly thereafter by administration or relegation or both.

Lets hope we break that trend after the JPT final,all being well we get there.

Ah yes, the relegation season of 2004-2005... I remember it well... WGS, Lowe and Andrew Cohen all up before the courts on charges of tax evasion. Michael Svensson suing Saints for unpaid image rights (I believe it was to do with the use of his likeness on "Killer" t-shirts). A transfer embargo resulting from unpaid transfer fees for Rory Delap, David Prutton and Darren Kenton. And the DVLA trying to wind the club up for non-payment of vehicle tax for the team coach...

Ah yes, the relegation season of 2004-2005... I remember it well... WGS, Lowe and Andrew Cohen all up before the courts on charges of tax evasion. Michael Svensson suing Saints for unpaid image rights (I believe it was to do with the use of his likeness on "Killer" t-shirts). A transfer embargo resulting from unpaid transfer fees for Rory Delap, David Prutton and Darren Kenton. And the DVLA trying to wind the club up for non-payment of vehicle tax for the team coach...

Brilliant.

Lol,:D

A Pompey fan posted the following below. Perhaps we could help them by also e-mailing asking for

the embargo etc to be kept ? :D:D

It's time to hit the Premier League with a complaint tsunami:

The Independent Fotball Ombudsman recommends we direct our complaints to:

info@premierleague.com

Premier League

30 Gloucester Place

London W1U 8PL

Phone: 020 7864 9000 Fax 020 7298 1650

USE ALL THESE ROUTES IF YOU CAN

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7038291/Portsmouth-face-further-challenge-as-Udinese-complain-to-Court-of-Arbitration-for-Sport.html

Portsmouth face further challenge as Udinese complain to Court of Arbitration for Sport

Portsmouth's precarious financial position faces a further challenge after Udinese lodged a formal complaint with the Court of Arbitration for Sport to try to retrieve up to £4 million in outstanding fees they are owed for the transfer of Sulley Muntari.

so, no chance of the embargo being lifted till they sort that out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7038291/Portsmouth-face-further-challenge-as-Udinese-complain-to-Court-of-Arbitration-for-Sport.html

Portsmouth face further challenge as Udinese complain to Court of Arbitration for Sport

Portsmouth's precarious financial position faces a further challenge after Udinese lodged a formal complaint with the Court of Arbitration for Sport to try to retrieve up to £4 million in outstanding fees they are owed for the transfer of Sulley Muntari.

so, no chance of the embargo being lifted till they sort that out.

The truly priceless thing here is that it's this very debt (to Udinese) which Pompey's representatives had tried to persuade the Premier League was all sorted and agreed. And, just as they're still smarting at the apparent nastiness of the PL in maintaining the embargo, along comes this piece of news.

It just keeps on getting better - and funnier.

Apologies if already posted,PL keep embargo in place...shame,the comments are great.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Pompey-fail-in-bid-to.5999954.jp

There are some staggeringly thick people writing comments at The News. It appears that 90% of the PO postcode don't understand the difference between a company having a debt, but servicing that debt by means of regular scheduled payments being made, and a company having a debt where they have regular scheduled payments agreed.....but aren't making any payments...and when they are, only by means of borrowing elsewhere.

But, still, let's all write to the PL as it's all their fault. Monkeys.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})