Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Wanted! One careful owner who recognises how the passion of the Pompey fans makes Portsmouth Football Club a football club worth saving.

Hundreds of Pompey fans are expected to rally behind a fans’ protest initiative ahead of Saturday’s FA Cup fourth round tie with Sunderland to help save Portsmouth FC.

Is there a certain amount of conflict here? You claim to be passionate fans but at your greatest hour of need you are expecting only a few hundred to turn up?

Telegraph article on timing of Sol Campbell summons as being as well timed as a William Gallas tackle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7046654/Sol-Campbell-should-be-helping-not-suing-desperate-Portsmouth.html

"Campbell, it seems, signed a contract which guaranteed him a bonus should he complete a certain number of games in a season. In other words he was due extra for simply doing his job. It makes you wonder who those involved previously in the club thought they were... bankers? "

Telegraph article on timing of Sol Campbell summons as being as well timed as a William Gallas tackle.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/portsmouth/7046654/Sol-Campbell-should-be-helping-not-suing-desperate-Portsmouth.html

"Campbell, it seems, signed a contract which guaranteed him a bonus should he complete a certain number of games in a season. In other words he was due extra for simply doing his job. It makes you wonder who those involved previously in the club thought they were... bankers? "

The article fails to deal with the fact that he's contractually owed the money, and unless he sticks his hand up and lets it be known, he'll have no chance of getting any of it.

And Pompey ‘super T.W.A.T’ John PFC Westwood added: “We want to show everyone that fans

are united behind this protest. We urge all fans to march, rally or sign this petition,” he said.

“We are not against the new owner for the sake of it. If Ali Al Faraj can show he has the

finance to take the club forward we would welcome it, but if he hasn’t he should step aside

and allow someone who has to take over.”

Slight edit which I'm sure you'd agree is more accurate.

As for that comment WHO idiot WHO are they stepping aside for :rolleyes:.

The debt keeps rising no new money is being invested to reduce debt. They're in check at the moment, a couple more moves to checkmate.

DEBT BREAKDOWN

Loans

Coutts & Co (another bank) created 15 July 2009 - debt unknown

Certain

Balram Chainrai ('short-term' loans) £18.75m

Lens (Dindane and Belhadj - Lens 'agreed' revised repayment plan after defaulting) £4m-8m

Rennes (Utaka transfer - Rennes 'want Portsmouth shut down' after defaulting) £4m-£6m

Chelsea (Johnson transfer) £3m

Campbell (former player suing for 'image rights') £1.7m

Claimed

Udinese (Muntari transfer - reported Portsmouth to Court of Arbitration) £4m

Spurs (Kaboul transfer inc. add ons in event of resale) £3.5m

Agents (Diarra transfer - Willie McKay, other) £3m

Disputed

Alexandre Gaydamak Jnr (£9m due this Jan, further £19m to follow - just paid £2.5m to Barclays to clear overdraft, repayment 'negotiable' according to The News) £30.5m

HMRC £11m (disputed - Portsmouth claim to have paid £4m and are due a return!)

Speculative

Watford (Smith, Williamson transfers) £3m

Rolling Debt

Estimated £2m in wages, per month

Debt Settled

Standard Bank (settled 26 Sep 2009)

Singer & Friedlander (4 Nov 2009)

Barclays (paid by Gaydamak Jan 2010)

TOTAL DEBT (my conservative estimate): Around £85m

Other Notes 'meanwhile, in other news...'

- Manager widely reported to be visiting brothels

- 2 skint Arabs who have continued to tussle for power (Al-Fahim owns 10% of nothing, 'Falcondrone' of Al-Mirage owns 90% of the remaining nothing)

- Shady Israeli-French-Russian former chairman and equally shady ex-arms dealing Israeli-French-Russian father of previous chairman in the background asking for repayment on past expenditure whilst tying up all the important land around Fratton Park

- Ex-manager Harry Redknapp in court for tax evasion

- Ex-chairman Milan Mandaric in court for cheating public revenue

- CEO in court for tax evasion (Storrie claims that he thought Hayling Island was 'offshore')

- Shamed ex-Israeli lawyer banned from practicing/elected as director in charge of their affairs

- Only around 10,000 season ticket holders

- 'Kids a quid' even failing to improve attendances - still averaging less than Southampton and is one the lowest in the Prem

- New 'Potty' ground at Horsea on hold until 2027

- No training ground - still training in a field in Eastleigh

- Don't own their own ground - secured against a loan to pay staff wages

- Gaydamak owns most valuable land around Fratton Park which will prevent any redevelopment for as long as they are in dispute- Players being paid astronomical wages SOMETIMES ALMOST DEFINITELY MAYBE (Utaka £80,000, James £60,000 and still on the payroll)

- Short-term loans in abundance, no doubt with a huuuuuuuuuge emphasis on interest

- Youth team disbanding

- Coaches, scouts and other staff already 'culled'

- HMRC winding up order Feb 10th

- Attempting to sell Mike Williamson to Newcastle for £1m, only later to discover that any resale will evoke a clause meaning they would have to pay Watford £1.25m

Have I missed anything? Please, let me know :-D

Edited by Crab Lungs

DEBT BREAKDOWN

Loans

Coutts & Co (another bank) created 15 July 2009 - debt unknown

Certain

Balram Chainrai ('short-term' loans) £18.75m

Lens (Dindane and Belhadj - Lens 'agreed' revised repayment plan after defaulting) £4m-8m

Rennes (Utaka transfer - Rennes 'want Portsmouth shut down' after defaulting) £4m-£6m

Chelsea (Johnson transfer) £3m

Campbell (former player suing for 'image rights') £1.7m

Claimed

Udinese (Muntari transfer - reported Portsmouth to Court of Arbitration) £4m

Spurs (Kaboul transfer inc. add ons in event of resale) £3.5m

Agents (Diarra transfer - Willie McKay, other) £3m

Disputed

Alexandre Gaydamak Jnr (£9m due this Jan, further £19m to follow - just paid £2.5m to Barclays to clear overdraft, repayment 'negotiable' according to The News) £30.5m

HMRC £11m (disputed - Portsmouth claim to have paid £4m and are due a return!)

Speculative

Watford (Smith, Williamson transfers) £3m

Rolling Debt

Estimated £2m in wages, per month

Debt Settled

Standard Bank (settled 26 Sep 2009)

Singer & Friedlander (4 Nov 2009)

Barclays (paid by Gaydamak Jan 2010)

TOTAL DEBT (my conservative estimate): Around £85m

Other Notes 'meanwhile, in other news...'

- Manager widely reported to be visiting brothels

- 2 skint Arabs who have continued to tussle for power (Al-Fahim owns 10% of nothing, 'Falcondrone' of Al-Mirage owns 90% of the remaining nothing)

- Shady Israeli-French-Russian former chairman and equally shady ex-arms dealing Israeli-French-Russian in the background asking for repayment on past expidenture whilst tying up all the important land around Fratton Park

- Ex-manager Harry Redknapp in court for tax evasion

- Ex-chairman Milan Mandaric in court for cheating public revenue

- CEO in court for tax evasion (Storrie claims that he thought Hayling Island was 'offshore')

- Shamed ex-Israeli lawyer banned from practicing/elected as director in charge of their affairs

- Only around 10,000 season ticket holders

- 'Kids a quid' even failing to improve attendances - still averaging less than Southampton and is one the lowest in the Prem

- New 'Potty' ground at Horsea on hold until 2027

- No training ground - still training in a field in Eastleigh

- Don't own their own ground - secured against a loan to pay staff wages

- Gaydamak owns most valuable land around Fratton Park which will prevent any redevelopment for as long as they are in dispute- Players being (SOMETIMES ALMOST DEFINITELY MAYBE) paid astronomical wages (Utaka £80,000, James £60,000 and still on the payroll)

- Short-term loans in abundance, no doubt with a huuuuuuuuuge emphasis on interest

HMRC winding up order Feb 10th

Have I missed anything? Please, let me know :-D

HTH :smt040

You know, I thought I'd had one of life's really daft & surreal moments today. I'm doing my thing working for Sky down in Abu Dhabi at the golf & I ended up having a very strange conversation overheard by one of the journos with Ian Poulter where (although not meant that way) it came out that (as the Journo put it) that I was offering him much needed advice on his fashion sense.

Now I thought that was the funniest thing that would happen to me this year.

But no, I came back on here and read the last 3 pages of this.

Can we start a sweepstake on what on earth can happen next? Surely the next one HAS to be the claim on insurance for Al Faraj being abducted by aliens, OR of course Al Fahim making a new power play so that he can pass an extra 10% on to Westwood.

Obviously "You couldn't make it up" doesn't apply any more, perhaps it's time we started making it up and watching it come true!

On my way home from Alton a little earlier, I stopped for petrol and noticed the headline on some copies of The News in the filling station. It was:

FANS DEMAND: TIME TO PAY UP OR SELL UP

Well yes, I'm sure they might well think that a very reasonable demand. But has any of them given a thought to just how or where they'll find a buyer? Looking at Crab's excellent breakdown of money owed etc above, you can only conclude that a potential buyer would have to be a massively wealthy, hugely passionate Pompey fan, with no qualms at all about p1ssing a hundred million or so away on his beloved club. Not sure there's too many of those around...

You know, I thought I'd had one of life's really daft & surreal moments today. I'm doing my thing working for Sky down in Abu Dhabi at the golf & I ended up having a very strange conversation overheard by one of the journos with Ian Poulter where (although not meant that way) it came out that (as the Journo put it) that I was offering him much needed advice on his fashion sense.

Now I thought that was the funniest thing that would happen to me this year.

But no, I came back on here and read the last 3 pages of this.

Can we start a sweepstake on what on earth can happen next? Surely the next one HAS to be the claim on insurance for Al Faraj being abducted by aliens, OR of course Al Fahim making a new power play so that he can pass an extra 10% on to Westwood.

Obviously "You couldn't make it up" doesn't apply any more, perhaps it's time we started making it up and watching it come true!

Could you not have just said you're enjoying the demise of Pompey without the made up references to Ian Poulter and Sky TV.

No one is impressed Mr Jackson ;)

I've no idea - the one I did wonder about was Crouchie..

:=o

I'll keep that in mind as I only accounted for the players!

Also, I know a few people saw it but its worth mentioning again - Peter Storrie defending his tax evasion:

"I thought Hayling Island was offshore"

Classic

Get out! Where the f*ck did he say that????

Tottenham are interested in taking Kaboul back for £10m, less the £2m they are owed and £1.5m as the sell-on value, so a net £6.5m for Pompey (or their creditors)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1245137/Tottenham-Manchester-City-Sunderland-10m-race-Portsmouth-defender-Younes-Kaboul.html

Is it true, that all transfer fees go to the PL first, and then to the selling club??, if true, could/would the PL hold onto said transfer fees, to pay of Poopy's debts!!!!!!!;)

This just gets funnier! Pompey thought they were on the verge of getting £1M from Newcastle for Mike Williamson. However, its been put on hold since some bright spark at Pompey actually read the finer details of his contract, which states that his previous club Watford would be paid £1.25M upon his sale, which would have left the skates out of pocket!

You couldn't make up how badly they are being managed.

This just gets funnier! Pompey thought they were on the verge of getting £1M from Newcastle for Mike Williamson. However, its been put on hold since some bright spark at Pompey actually read the finer details of his contract, which states that his previous club Watford would be paid £1.25M upon his sale, which would have left the skates out of pocket!

That is soooooooooooooo funny:smt043

LMAO, adding that to the list

LMAO, adding that to the list

It's on the Sky Sports News feed. Apparently Williamson and his agent are in Newcastle for his medical and it's only just been noticed as pen was going to be put to paper.

Also, the David James to Stoke move is being put on hold as "Stoke can't get in touch with the owners to finalise the deal".

And we thought it was bad being owned by Rupey and Mike the Red.

Can we make a list who is claiming what from Portsmouth?

From the top my head its:

1.7m Sol Campbell

28m Gaydamak

18.75m Chainrai

4m Udinese (Muntari)

6m Rennes (Utaka)

8m Lens (Dindane, Belhadj)

3m Chelsea (Johnson)

3m Watford (Williamson, Smith)

11m HMRC

3m misc agents/translators/fish pimps (2m to Diarra agent?)

3.5m Spurs (Kaboul)

35m outstanding debt (existing loans etc)

1.8m monthly wage bill

TOTAL DEBT: £125M (is that possible?) I am going to revise this I think...

Optimistic figures above as they may already have paid some of this, but any help with this post is welcome. Most welcome!

add Paul Hart to the list, unfair dismissal ?

I reckon this is the best yet. I laughed out loud. Sorry for Williamson, a former Saint doesn't deserve to get caught up in the sh1t-fest that is Poopey

So the Blue Few will be demonstrating tomorrow. What's the bet they start smashing up their own ground, especially if the result starts to go against them? Mind you would anyone be able to tell afterwards? Of course all this depends whether they can get a crowd? Does half a dozen constitute a crowd?

It's on the Sky Sports News feed. Apparently Williamson and his agent are in Newcastle for his medical and it's only just been noticed as pen was going to be put to paper.

Also, the David James to Stoke move is being put on hold as "Stoke can't get in touch with the owners to finalise the deal".

And we thought it was bad being owned by Rupey and Mike the Red.

Nope, didn't even begin to think about making one up as funny as that :D

Oh & WSS Whacko can't spell more than three words in one post properly and lives 3,572 miles from here, otherwise real close.

But don't worry, I'm sure his time will come down the road. After all right now it's a Circus, and if I remember, most travelling circuses have a Zoo or at least a Petting Zoo

So the Blue Few will be demonstrating tomorrow. What's the bet they start smashing up their own ground, especially if the result starts to go against them? Mind you would anyone be able to tell afterwards? Of course all this depends whether they can get a crowd? Does half a dozen constitute a crowd?

Hope they don't.

They may do a few hundred thousand pounds worth of improvements

Still laughing

I was watching the late show with Jon Stewart the other day and they showed a clip of some senile American preacher saying people should not donate to help the people in Haiti as in the distant past they had apparently made a pact with the devil and since then had only had bad luck (had **** ripped out of him by said Mr Stewart). Anyway I was thinking that the same appears to apply to pompey. Pact with the devil to win the cup and then bad luck all the way.

Main difference is I have donated to help the people in Haiti...

Can someone please tell me whether Storrie really said that Hayling Island was "offshore" or whether that was just a joke? Can't find any articles where he said it.

I am 98% sure it was a joke but with the shifting sands of reality at the moment who can tell.