Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Mark Kelly on Solent seriously must be the worst co commentator ever! For the last 2 years he's started every sentence of his "analysis" with the words "yeah absolutely"....and I literally mean EVERY single time he speaks he has to say that. It is almost as of he's doing it for a bet now, surely someone would say something to him about this problem he's got.

Mark Kelly on Solent seriously must be the worst co commentator ever! For the last 2 years he's started every sentence of his "analysis" with the words "yeah absolutely"....and I literally mean EVERY single time he speaks he has to say that. It is almost as of he's doing it for a bet now, surely someone would say something to him about this problem he's got.

Agree with this , I posted something similar on Saturday.

" Kelly on BBC Solent " Yeah absolutely. blah ,blah ,Yeah absolutely,blah ,blah,Yeah absolutely. "

Steve Claridge on Solent "Any player will go to pompey in that league rather than any other team because of the crowds".

Is that the same branch of science that explains why flies are attracted to sh1te?

Bournemouth score...

As we're all going to be Accrington fans on Saturday I'm happy to report that they're winning 2-1 at Middlesbrough with 5 minutes left.

Maybe Beatts boys are better than we thought!

I would love to see BT doing the "cupped ear" celebration again !

Just got on a train at Totton to get to town and its full of Skates... Quite hard to suppress my inner glee at their current circumstances. Just broke into a round of 'You dirty scammers, we're coming for you.' Stay classy...

Here's what the skates think over on POL

Let's ship out Harris and get in a LB on loan.

If we're only using 35% of our turnover on wages there's enough left to get another LB in. We need cover anyway and competition is never a bad thing

But who is pushing butler, who is there for when he isnt kn form lkke now? This is our priority. Has to be a left back out there?

Come on whitts we need a second left back

Afraid I think that's it for Butler (poor lad) - at best he needs to go out on loan.

Has been targeted (rightly) by the opposition manager as the weak today, and that's only going to continue. No playing his way out of this. Not sure he's good enough tbh.

Accrington beating Middlesbrough. That'll make them sloppy come Saturday. Cup runs = bad league form. FACT.

One 'red and 'Four' yellows in just two games, me thinks Guy may need to add a few more players to his squad.

So there we go... writing off the young players already, demanding new signings. They still don't get it :mcinnes:

Good things about this evening - a solid centre half and a goalkeeper who realises that the use of hands is legal for a keeper.

Bad things - drums and stupid and embarrassing chants.

:lol:

I like the fact that they think Accrington winning will make them complacent, when BOTH sides got dicked 4-1 last Saturday. Oh that Skate logic... :mcinnes:

Yeah, but if your ship is sinking you'll grab hold of any bit of floating wood, however flimsy.

What interests me is how they'll react if they lose to Accrington...

Just got on a train at Totton to get to town and its full of Skates... Quite hard to suppress my inner glee at their current circumstances. Just broke into a round of 'You dirty scammers, we're coming for you.' Stay classy...

Do they not understand that this chant only works if you are actually catching up on the team you're chanting about?

Do they not understand that this chant only works if you are actually catching up on the team you're chanting about?

I think in this case they were referring to the train approaching Southampton. The fact all of them chose to stay on it and they were then haring away from Southampton having done nothing whatsoever was probably the fault of the FA, or the Fit and Proper Person Test, or HMRC, or Chainrai, or the Net High Worth Owners (they're next) or Terry Venables, or Tal Ben Haim or Tesco, or Dave Kitson or possibly that woman in the mobility scooter, or those Scammah Kants, but it definitely wasn't anything that they "done".

Yeah, but if your ship is sinking you'll grab hold of any bit of floating wood, however flimsy.

What interests me is how they'll react if they lose to Accrington...

I'd say that was probably "when", not "if", based on the matches I've seen so far. Accrington were fairly solid on Saturday and certainly didn't have any centre-backs doing that "run around the stick 10 times then try and head the ball" game in the penalty area, they just got outplayed by a team very high on confidence that has had year on year of success recently and is used to winning - and if there's one thing Portsmouth FC is not at the moment, it's that.

If Newport had any sense they'd be trying to shift the Skate match (Dec 14th) forward a few months, because they usually hit a run of form just before losing all of their players in every transfer window, though I guess someone has to want them for that to happen...