Fitzhugh Fella

A quick lunchtime edit, et voila, transparent backgrounds too:

250px wide

256gxh4.png

150px wide

ju8neo.png

80px wide

w8wzyt.png

30px wide (and perfect for adding to this forum's smiley list...)

29kp7bl.png

Download and use to your hearts content. :smug:

An excellent addition Minty!

250px wide

256gxh4.png

150px wide

ju8neo.png

80px wide

w8wzyt.png

29kp7bl.png

An excellent addition Minty!

250px wide

256gxh4.png

150px wide

ju8neo.png

80px wide

w8wzyt.png

29kp7bl.png

Excellent, thanks Minty.

I'll try it out -

"We'll walk League 2" 29kp7bl.png

works perfectly!

They built a new path for football to follow...and they came.

In their thousands.

Pouring into the fortress like a blue wave of optimism.

Carrying with them the hopes of a city, and football itself.

Hampshire was gridlocked from dawn as the swelling blue river of expectancy burst it's banks.

And there he was.

Washed ashore on this fresh tide of hope, the future of the club - a small rosy-cheeked urchin who had feared that this day would never come.

But it had.

Like a frail twig carried on the shoulders of a mighty blue river, our little cliche boy returned triumphant.

He had stood in the same spot last season, teary of cheek, surveying the green turf that had faded through a bleak winter like the shattered hopes of a misled creditor.

On that fateful previous visit he had turned to a man with furrowed brow and innocently asked 'please father, can we have our club back?'

Well the innocent dream of that plucky child came to fruition.

On Saturday.

There it was, out there on the pitch in blue and white, as if Dagenham and Redbridge had come to town in last season's kit.

And in this great moment of pride and glory, our small child defiantly held aloft an even smaller card.

On its own it was just a bit of card.

But when you put it together with other similarly plucky bits of card, it became an army of card - like a really big bit that had been cut up.

And so it came to pass.

From those small bits of card a message was sent to football worldwide.

A shining beacon for others to follow.

The biggest community club in the history of the universe had arrived, and our young friend was standing proudly shoulder-to-shoulder with people of a similar height, shoulder-to-waist with others.

The trumpets sounded, the faithful roared, mobility scooters revved, and eleven brave blue warriors took their place in sporting history.

Doubters had said they wouldn't be able to pay the debt, and that the financial projections were fantasy.

People had sneered and said that the ground wasn't up to standard, even saying that they wouldn't be able to sellout and would have to pretend.

These foolish few had even suggested that the squad didn't have much quality.

Well those doubters look pretty silly now!

At 3pm on Saturday the all-new and pluckier blue army took the first step back to the Premier League, watched with envy from all corners of the country.

An acorn of hope had been planted, watered in by the hopeful tears of a nation, because pompey are every real football fans' second team.

That small acorn took hold and within half an hour it had become a sapling.

The first goal of the new era burst the net in front of the incredulous Oxford fans.

Still high from their triumph in the boat race, the bicycle-riding students couldn't believe that their hopes had been dashed, though many were still reeling from just being in such exalted company.

But yes.

Their hopes of an upset were dashed.

A towering cross was met by a blue head and the club had established a foothold on promotion!

Boaters were thrown to the ground - the fortress rocked, three points secured.

The club had indeed taken its first step towards basecamp - next stop the League One title, then onward to the summit of British football!

Where a small child will no doubt emotionally plant a tear-riddled flag of hope.

But enough of the future, today we should just celebrate the first win of the new era, pausing briefly to laugh in the face of the jealous doubters.

Result

pompey 1-0 Oxford

att 33,990.

I hear the world is preparing for the televisual event of the year, the showing live of the game against Accrington Stanley. Wars will stop for 2 hours why the massive crowds watch adoringly at the Plucky few, wishing a team in their country was like them.

Look like even the Portsea Island faithful are beginning to see through #factless

TnT6162 ‏@TnT6162 2h

Did this idiot attend the game? calling fir witts head ? & that's not what witts said about red card #pompey pic.twitter.com/XyDPI5ZNqM

View photo

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen 2h

@TnT6162 An appalling piece from The Sun. The fans were doing no such thing, there wasn’t so much as a boo at the end.

Expand

Chris ‏@ChrisMic9999 1h

@pn_neil_allen @TnT6162 Oh forgot you are the trust's mouthpiece you only do as you're told #onetruth

Expand

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen 1h

@ChrisMic9999 @TnT6162 Oh and how is your mate Chainrai? He really was wonderful for #Pompey now wasn’t he.

Expand

Chris ‏@ChrisMic9999 1h

@pn_neil_allen @TnT6162 Oh dear Neil bit touchy! As u know I never met bc but at least you did !! Lets get back to guy. He's not up to job

Expand

@ChrisMic9999 By the way, best stop communicating with you. Otherwise I may get another email from you threatening to make a complaint.

How many supporters groups and committees do they need?

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=2571#.Uf-m9JJwqSp

29kp7bl.png

form_a_committee

In relation to the Trust, with a Trust Board member designated to link with the Conference and attend meetings should further enhance transparency as well as giving the Trust a channel of communication with a wide number of fans. In addition this allows Conference to feedback views on how the Trust is functioning which gives an extra layer of accountability to the mix. Currently the Conference Chair is a member of the Trust Board. If Conference is to be autonomous then this will have to change and the Chair should not be from the Trust.

As it stands there is nothing in the Trust constitution that says its Board has to consult members on their decisions. Once elected they can more or less decide things in an autonomous way themselves. The only recourse the membership has is to vote people out once a year or question and challenge them at the AGM that is always held just after elections. This really makes any holding to account difficult as the answer can (logically) be 'well it’s a new board now.' Otherwise the Trust membership needs to call an EGM to hold its board to account - which is a clunky process and requires about 200 signatories (10% of membership) to do so. With Conference set up this way there will always be access to Trust Board members who can more immediately and perhaps less confrontationally be held to account by fans.

Wow!

Look like even the Portsea Island faithful are beginning to see through #factless

TnT6162 ‏@TnT6162 2h

Did this idiot attend the game? calling fir witts head ? & that's not what witts said about red card #pompey pic.twitter.com/XyDPI5ZNqM

View photo

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen 2h

@TnT6162 An appalling piece from The Sun. The fans were doing no such thing, there wasn’t so much as a boo at the end.

Expand

Chris ‏@ChrisMic9999 1h

@pn_neil_allen @TnT6162 Oh forgot you are the trust's mouthpiece you only do as you're told #onetruth

Expand

@ChrisMic9999 @TnT6162 Oh and how is your mate Chainrai? He really was wonderful for #Pompey now wasn’t he.

Expand

Chris ‏@ChrisMic9999 1h

@pn_neil_allen @TnT6162 Oh dear Neil bit touchy! As u know I never met bc but at least you did !! Lets get back to guy. He's not up to job

Expand

@ChrisMic9999 By the way, best stop communicating with you. Otherwise I may get another email from you threatening to make a complaint.

Allen does seem to spend a hell of a lot of his time being an internet warrior. Might explain why he doesn't do any actual journalism!

Webster loan confirmed... "people forget he's only 18".... so, how about playing your 18 year olds rather than ship them out for "experience"....? 29kp7bl.png

#sameoldpompey

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/webster-loaned-to-aldershot-971884.aspx

Blues boss Guy Whittingham said: “It’s a great move for Adam. People might forget he’s only 18 because he’s been around for so long.

“He came on the scene very quickly, but he needs to play games and this provides a great opportunity for him to do just that.

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/cup-tickets-on-sale-tonight-971888.aspx

Tickets for tonight’s Capital One Cup clash at Bournemouth are no longer on sale from the Frogmore Road ticket office.

But they will be available to purchase from a window next to the away turnstiles (cash only) from 6.15pm at the Goldsands Stadium.

Pompey fans have already snapped up 1,050 tickets for the first round tie, with a further 900 available tonight.

Do they have to change trains for tonight's game at Central again? If so then maybe they'll get their flag the right way up this time.

I hope we have a huge presence of Saints fans at the station tonight to either stop them getting of the train entirely or duff them up if they do. I was sooooooo embarrassed by them standing on a station platform last year. No, really I was 29kp7bl.png

But the Real question is "Does their season get under way tonight?"

We've already had "the results of the pre-season games are irrelevant, it's only about fitness"

And we've had "the result of the first competitive game of the season is irrelevant, it always throws up a few freak results"

My money's on "the results of cup games are irrelevant, it's all about promotion this year"

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen@pn_neil_allen

Romain Padovani backed to fill gulf left by Johnny Ertl’s three-game #Pompey absence. http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/padovani-backed-to-shine-in-ertl-absence-1-5356063 …

q3qhs42s6r0cpf36oe2f_normal.jpegWalkthe92@Walkthe9T2

@pn_neil_allen One might say he has elbowed his way in....

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen@pn_neil_allen

@Walkthe9T2 Very good, very good!

RoflLg.gif

I remember how much the Gibraltar International Ace impressed them during pre-season, only to fail miserabley the action started for real. I'm sure though that this guy is the real deal, #factless. :rolleyes:

Guy Whittingham sent Adam Webster out on loan but vowed ‘to keep the numbers up’

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/guy-keen-to-replace-loan-rangers-1-5356056

Why did none of us see this coming?

29kp7bl.png

When are Saints fans going to drop the whole spending above our means rubbish? We spend 34% of our income on wages so that's well and truly manageable. I'd love to know what Saints's wages to income ratio is? In the Championship they were 110% ish so it's anyone's guess what it is now. We have learnt from mismanagement by previous owners.

Just stuck 50 quid on them to be relegated. Shame I wasn't organised enough to get on it pre-season though, it's only 40/1 now.

Portsmouth @ 40/1

£50.00 Single 06/08/2013 15:42:02 50.00 0.00

I got 66/1, thanks to Hatch's Bet365 tip off. Shame I wasn't brave enough to wager £50 instead of £5 though!

When are Saints fans going to drop the whole spending above our means rubbish? We spend 34% of our income on wages so that's well and truly manageable.

34% of their income, 100% of which is probably needed to pay their debts 29kp7bl.png

If they were a bit more transparent with the 'facts' and percentage figures they recently hyped up, maybe we'd know if this magical 34% figure was including or not including the season's parachute payment allocation (all of which is needed to pay creditors/ the Council/ Robinson/etc., of course). If it isn't including the pp, then fair play to them for controlling costs; if it DOES include the pp, then surely they are f***ed?!

If they were a bit more transparent with the 'facts' and percentage figures they recently hyped up, maybe we'd know if this magical 34% figure was including or not including the season's parachute payment allocation (all of which is needed to pay creditors/ the Council/ Robinson/etc., of course). If it isn't including the pp, then fair play to them for controlling costs; if it DOES include the pp, then surely they are f***ed?!

I strongly suspect it's the latter. If it wasn't, you know they'd be shouting it from the rooftops.

34% of their income, 100% of which is probably needed to pay their debts 29kp7bl.png

And let's not fortget that income probably includes their parachute payments as well.

I bet it won't be 34% next year after the parachutes stop!

The trickle of info on figures could suggest that it doesn't include the PPs, if it does they are already terminally insolvent. :scared:

As for Whittingham looking to follow last year's plans, Clapham is indeed correct - bring it on!

Warning - very long and complex sentence coming up.....

Though one might ask - if you were already on the limit of your wages budget and you asked for more, and it was found from somewhere, if then the following week Aldershot, a potless basket case (no offence) take your youngsters on loan, presumably without reducing your own wagebill, why the feck would you look to extend beyond your already blown self-imposed wagecap once again by replacing them?

This would give the impression that you have no respect for your own budgets, and are still overspending like a club hellbent on self-harm, and destruction.

Though I'm sure that the PPs will cover it.

Whitless wants a squad of '20'.

Do they still have a limit imposed by the FL - I thought this was finished once they finally exited admin?

IF so, why all of a sudden do they want to limit the squad to 20? They've spent the last four seasons in admin moaning about the 20 player limit and how it was 'unfair', 'noncompetitive' and stifling their ability to cover injuries.

Its not likely to generate many sales is it realistically if it is true.

If true, then it will reminds me of when one of the sports shops in the Swan Centre, Eastleigh sold Skate shirts for a short time around 2000/2001. They only lasted a week or two before being withdrawn. Such was their popularity.