Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Mack is always a laugh - and that gag was a slow burner!...

Presumably when he's not on here as his dislecksik alter ego, he's out on Southsea Common with Mero and the toyman trying to explain to the 249,997 who ARE taken in by the hype, why things need to change.

I did expect them to beat a quite poor York, it makes you wonder how bad things can get.

While they are struggling, there is no way they can force their way into that bottom two.

But I'm happy to admit I'm wrong if they do manage that!

:twisted:

Mack is always a laugh - and that gag was a slow burner!...

Presumably when he's not on here as his dislecksik alter ego, he's out on Southsea Common with Mero and the toyman trying to explain to the 249,997 who ARE taken in by the hype, why things need to change.

I did expect them to beat a quite poor York, it makes you wonder how bad things can get.

While they are struggling, there is no way they can force their way into that bottom two.

There's meltdowns and then there are meltdowns. Please God let there be a meltdown :twisted:

I've heard some deluded claims, and there have been brave words before, but Guy has just made the bravest pluckiest promise of all time...you can only admire his confidence, it's good to have a dream.

Guy Whittingham admitted he and his players had let Pompey fans down and vowed: It will never happen again.

I've heard some deluded claims, and there have been brave words before, but Guy has just made the bravest pluckiest promise of all time...you can only admire his confidence, it's good to have a dream.

Guy Whittingham admitted he and his players had let Pompey fans down and vowed: It will never happen again.

Is it panto season already?

In between the two matches, the last 5 days might have stung a bit. It wasn't so much the home defeat to Fleetwood or even the away thrashing at York, or indeed confirmation that the 59% ownership, isn't reflected in the boardroom, or even the plans released by Tesco, that don't extend to the harbourdrome being built anytime soon, No! Whilst nutjobs, might harp on about these things and even throw in the odd "We told you so", the bestest are far to plucky and brave to let these trivial things get them down. But they do seem to have been deflated by the news that the table and chairs, that Terry is kindly looking after for them, may not finance their return to the Premiership after all.

It just seems, like the world is against them and it really isn't fair.

There’s no reason why we can’t win the next six games.

Shouted Jed Wallace through the door hatch of his padded cell at Broadmoor....

They really need to get a press officer.

Bless... there's no guarantee they won't win the next six games, but there are plenty of reasons why they won't.

From Pompey online - no doubt banned seconds later...

York fan here. Firstly you don't know what our 'aims' are for this season. Just surviving certainly isn't an aim as that is dangerous, we learnt that last season.

Secondly when we got relegated to the Conference in 2004 we had a similar attitude. We even called ourselves 'the Arsenal of the Conference' reflecting our misplaced belief that playing fancy football would get us out of that league. It took us 8 years and by then we had a lot more respect for that level.

Thirdly, playing you isn't a 'big day out' for us. In recent seasons we've played at Wembley 3 times and played top tier sides in cup competitions. Those were big days out.

You're a 4th division side now and you need to get used to it. You certainly won't be leaving this division in an upwards direction until you get a new defence.

I didn't intend to post on here, I only signed up to read the views and opinions but your attitude prompted me to.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

Which is what I said re: Newport, who played York on one of those occasions.

Incidentally, also in the same division as ye two tyme Championes of Englande, are supposed minnow teams with FA Cup and League Cup wins in their history (plus at least one with a European Quarter-Final to their name).

Comedy gold as ever from POL :D plus some rich pickings on Pompey Pravda as 'guy hits out at own players'

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/guy-hits-out-at-pompey-display-1-5540184

Just got back from the debacle at York. They looked like an excellent side against us, but have only won two games..so where does that put Pompey?

But then if you have a goalkeeper who cant catch a ball, two full backs who lack any pace or skill, a centre back who cant head a ball, a mid field as solid as Scotch Mist, no direction or passion on...or off the pitch, there is only one conclusion to come to....the dreaded Conference next year...unless something gets sorted out now.

Its the first time I've been able to get down to see Pompey this year, and I wasn't impressed to see Alan Knight rolling balls to Sullivan just as play was due to start...in both halves.!! It didn't take long to see why. The guy is a disaster, and the panic spread quickly through the rest of the team. They looked shell-shocked when the second goal went in, and it could have been so much worse than 4-2. The one highlight of the game was the superb goal by Jed Wallace which must be one of the best goals scored anywhere this season.

I'm afraid it's time to take off the rose-tinted glasses and see Pompey for what they are this season... a hotch-potch makeshift eleven who will struggle all season. Not sure if a new manager would make any difference, as there is little quality to work with.

And as for pumping high balls up to Connolly, who looks about 5' 4"...pointless.!!

:lol:

I think you will find that the high balls being pumped up to Connolly were meant for Agyemang, they just wasn't very accurate.

:lol::lol:

We've had it this league to big for us we need to be in the Vauxhall conference where we might stand a chamce

:lol::lol::lol:

Chin up, they may surprise us yet. Of course, if Lord Mawbastard had still been in charge of the FL last year, they would be bottom on -1 points (or lower).

We could write some of the questions for John Humphries:

'Calculated as an average per year, how many administrations have Portsmouth been put into over the last 6 years?'

'How many players were listed in the recent Portsmouth News article as being owed by the club after the recent 'fans take-over?'

'Having paid for 57% of the shares in the club, how much control do the fans who paid for them actually have in the running of the club?'

'What % of turnover will the clubs wages be, assuming the same players remain at the club, once the parachute payments stop?'

It might actually prove to be educational for other fans watching? They might actually learn something about their predicament...

Any other suggestions?

'Calculated as an average per year, how many administrations have Portsmouth been put into over the last 6 years?'

'How many players were listed in the recent Portsmouth News article as being owed by the club after the recent 'fans take-over?'

'Having paid for 57% of the shares in the club, how much control do the fans who paid for them actually have in the running of the club?'

'What % of turnover will the clubs wages be, assuming the same players remain at the club, once the parachute payments stop?'

It might actually prove to be educational for other fans watching? They might actually learn something about their predicament...

Any other suggestions?

In percentage terms, how much of a stand will be built from the proceeds of the Tesco land deal?

Any other suggestions?

:lol:

sorry mate - wouldn't want to be accused of plagarism - and it certainly wasn't me on there!

Hadn't seen that....they can't have done the Avram one?...the RB Corporation registered copyright restrictions on all prossie/Horton Heath gags a while back.

Good to see they're building a team for the long term by playing their youngsters rather than going for short term loan fixes....oh...

@officialpompey: #Pompey sign midfielder Gavin Mahon on a one-month deal: http://t.co/jXZRqLeRCE

Great questions by Minty by the way but how many loans is that in 24 hours now? The keeper from Bury, Racon and now Mahon. The latter won't be on a pittance either. If they are already leaking money they must be leaking it by the bucketload now. Granted, the keeper and back 4 aren't great but any L2 squad with Connolly, Ferry, Agyemang, Racon, Wallace, Ertl and Barcham ought to be doing rather better than they are surely? Do they actually need Mahon as well with so many midfielders?

Great questions by Minty by the way but how many loans is that in 24 hours now? The keeper from Bury, Racon and now Mahon. The latter won't be on a pittance either. If they are already leaking money they must be leaking it by the bucketload now. Granted, the keeper and back 4 aren't great but any L2 squad with Connolly, Ferry, Agyemang, Racon, Wallace, Ertl and Barcham ought to be doing rather better than they are surely? Do they actually need Mahon as well with so many midfielders?

have you seen Ferry, Ertl and Barcham play? ****ing terrible. Wallace is the only midfielder they have with any talent at all.

It looks like their new owner's sphincters can't take much more, and they've just moved up to DESPCON 2

They know they can't carry their overheads in the bottom half of League 2, the home gates are on a downward slope. If they lose to Rochdale tomorrow it's sh*t or bust time for them. They just put their kid's college fund on red.