Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Please put this on record, we have told you that the new club is not going to work as the fans spoilt for 10 years or so on star players will not stomach swilling around the lower division, and whilst the novelty of being a fan owned club ( loosely and not really) has its pluses as soon as things don't go we'll,your board will come under immense pressure to release the purse strings.

I have no gripe with the decent fans that you have but the big time Charlie's who came on here and talked big only to melt away get what they deserve

that may well be the case Nick but what was the alternative - Chanrai back - better to **** it up ourselves than have that w@anker back

The Russian former owner of Pompey was the primary mover in a ‘colossus fraud’ worth over £400m which forced the bank he controlled to be nationalised, a court has heard.

Vladimir Antonov, 37, and his Lithuanian business partner Raimondas Baranauskas, 55, are fighting extradition to Lithuania where they are suspected of stripping 470 million euro (£396m) and 10 million US dollars worth (£6m) of assets and funds from Snoras Bank.

I seem to recall that despite this reputation, he was welcomed with open arms by pompey directors and fans alike...

Yet it took a Nutjob ten seconds on Google to discover the way that he did business.

pompey presented him as a prospective owner, he was then given a clean bill of health by football authorities, and this stolen money was used to strengthen the pompey squad.

I guess that explains why so many of their fans feel so bad about results they gained while using this stolen cash, even though they weren't to know what he was like. :scared:

I remember I was as staggered as everyone else when a man who is involved with professional hitmen turned out to be a little bit criminally-minded.

If he looks like he's involved in organised crime, if his father has been shot, if people around him are involved in professional hits, if one of his business associates has been gunned down, if he has his own page on a mafia website and the FSA say they don't want him in the UK as he is involved in mass fraud and money-laundering, then you have to wonder how dim you would have to be to welcome him into your club.

Presumably someone else's fault.

Sounds like a fit and proper person to me (tho I probably wouldn't tell him he wasn't to his face).

oh yes Mero, I remember you leading that huge protest against him pumping money into the squad.

You and a bloke with a handful of Barbie seconds stood firm and managed to get the whole ground to boo the players he brought in.

And I'll never forget that protest where you all stood outside at kick off time and chanted for him to leave.

A great sporting moment that paved the way for community ownership.

bull**** as usual - all this was bought up on POL before he took over by those of us who are not just nodding donkeys FFS - if your going to make statements at least make them factually correct

Bull****!

I can say that because there is actually no way you can prove it ;)

Every single [well nearly!] facking scummah has been b-anned from POL, along with a boat load of your own fans, so even IF you could find the thread where you all called him out for what he really is, there is no way you could show it to anyone. Nice paradox eh?

So on that basis, I call bull**** ;)

oh yes Mero, I remember you leading that huge protest against him pumping money into the squad.

You and a bloke with a handful of Barbie seconds stood firm and managed to get the whole ground to boo the players he brought in.

And I'll never forget that protest where you all stood outside at kick off time and chanted for him to leave.

yes Rally coz of course you can guarantee that if the same happened to you all of you would be out doing the same - utter ****** and you know this

Indeed. A Pompey fan accusing us of rewriting history is up there with the best of the Carlsberg Irony Award Winners

TBF to the lad, he did speak up at the time.

I'm dead chuffed for the Frattom locals tonight.

Must be brilliant seeing the home team score so many goals for a change.

Back to reality come the next home match no doubt

:D

Yep, I was there tonight, and very good value it was at £1.50 for a group ticket through my footie team. I didn't risk the loos, but gawd, it's a dump, although possibly not too bad for a fourth division or conference team. But it is falling apart... our goalkeeper sat on one of the tip up seats and it fell apart under her. Evidence available on my phone.. :-) Bit unfortunate if that's a regular season ticket holder's seat as it'll probably take them a bit of time to repair it...

There was a load of Fenerbahce Ultras making a tremendous racket and adding to the atmosphere, and what do you know, unlike TCWTB, their drummer could actually play.

Bull****!

I can say that because there is actually no way you can prove it ;)

Every single [well nearly!] facking scummah has been b-anned from POL, along with a boat load of your own fans, so even IF you could find the thread where you all called him out for what he really is, there is no way you could show it to anyone. Nice paradox eh?

So on that basis, I call bull**** ;)

I cant quite seem to find the article written about what fantastic owners they were, running the club in the right way and how they would preserve your clubs future and build a new stadium .............. It went missing about about a week after they were arrested . Goodness only knows who would have written that.

bull**** as usual - all this was bought up on POL before he took over by those of us who are not just nodding donkeys FFS - if your going to make statements at least make them factually correct

Don't be daft Mero, this is SaintsWeb

that may well be the case Nick but what was the alternative - Chanrai back - better to **** it up ourselves than have that w@anker back

Let the rotten club die, and fans start fresh in the lower leagues, like Wimbledon? Earn some respect rather than demand it? Just a thought.

I don't think you saved the club, I think you stole it from the creditors. What went on might have been within the letter of the law, just, but it wasn't within the spirit of the law in my book.

Edited by hutch

Don't be daft Mero, this is SaintsWeb

Let the rotten club die, and fans start fresh in the lower leagues, like Wimbledon? Earn some respect rather than demand it? Just a thought.

I don't think you saved the club, I think you stole it from the creditors. What went on might have been within the letter of the law, just, but it wasn't within the spirit of the law in my book.

I think that you have hit the nail right on the head there Hutch. I feel they knew they should let it die but they would do anything to keep FP. That is their rallying point and know if that went the club would disappear. The day FP is sold to pay debts that will be the end of their chances of ever getting up the leagues and they would end up like a club similar to any Conference team.

I have my own concerns regarding Saints, if the Liebherrs have enough or even Nicola Cortese goes then things may not look so rosy for us

Yes we have a saleable asset but who the owners would be is a concern.we are lucky we have the best foreign owners IMO

yes Rally coz of course you can guarantee that if the same happened to you all of you would be out doing the same - utter ****** and you know this

Ah, but we did have protests when events much less serious in comparison to your dodgey ownership happened to us. When ownership of our club was obtained by Rupert Lowe via the reverse takeover by Secure Retirement, there was much dissent from the fans which led to us being featured on the Panorama TV programme "The Money Game." Much of the information about the devious dealings of our board was furnished by Saints fans and passed to our local media journalists, who had the guts to run with it. This is in sharp contrast to your News journos like factless Neil Allen who have had info given to them by the likes of Micah Hall and have done nothing about it.

When Lowe was ousted before the EGM by Wilde and Co, we also investigated them and when the proposal was put forward that we be taken over by that Hedge Fund lot that eventually took over Coventry, we were against that too. When Lowe returned, there were protest marches and a boycott of matches by a sizeable section of our fans.

So please don't come the line that if what happened to you happened to us, we would be acquiescent towards it and take it up the arse like your lot did.

Pompey fan in "You make stuff up" shocker...

That's a Pompey fan's raison d'être isn't it?

Ah, but we did have protests when events much less serious in comparison to your dodgey ownership happened to us. When ownership of our club was obtained by Rupert Lowe via the reverse takeover by Secure Retirement, there was much dissent from the fans which led to us being featured on the Panorama TV programme "The Money Game." Much of the information about the devious dealings of our board was furnished by Saints fans and passed to our local media journalists, who had the guts to run with it. This is in sharp contrast to your News journos like factless Neil Allen who have had info given to them by the likes of Micah Hall and have done nothing about it.

When Lowe was ousted before the EGM by Wilde and Co, we also investigated them and when the proposal was put forward that we be taken over by that Hedge Fund lot that eventually took over Coventry, we were against that too. When Lowe returned, there were protest marches and a boycott of matches by a sizeable section of our fans.

So please don't come the line that if what happened to you happened to us, we would be acquiescent towards it and take it up the arse like your lot did.

I genuinely spat my coffee out over that last sentence...

@officialpompey: RT @IanDarke: Another sign of what great fans they are at Pompey - 6000 crowd for England women tonight ...

Just a real shame they couldn't that sort of dedication for their own team really.

Needed full houses to pay the wages of the ordinary folk who work at Pompey and yet they rarely crept over the 12,000 mark and only managed 15,000 odd during their cringe-worthy "Pack The Pork" promotion...

Just a real shame they couldn't that sort of dedication for their own team really.

Needed full houses to pay the wages of the ordinary folk who work at Pompey and yet they rarely crept over the 12,000 mark and only managed 15,000 odd during their cringe-worthy "Pack The Pork" promotion...

Pack the Pork? :lol: A rasher statement would be hard to imagine, you swine.

Pack the Pork? :lol: A rasher statement would be hard to imagine, you swine.

Pig.

Needed full houses to pay the wages of the ordinary folk who work at Pompey and yet they rarely crept over the 12,000 mark and only managed 15,000 odd during their cringe-worthy "Pack The Pork" relegation...

Corrected it for you...

Some back of fag packet maths from nobhead neil's article...

Budgeted turnover = £5,270,000

Parachute payments = £9,725,652

Therefore total income = £14,995,652

Player wages = 27%

Therefore player costs = £14,995,652 x 27% = £4,048,826

So, without the Parachute payments increasing the total income figure, the player percentage would be £4,048,826 / £5,270,000 = 77% with a League 2 salary cap of 55%.

If they don't get promoted this season with that amount of cash being spunked on players then they really will be screwed for the next decade :D