Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Not wanting to be a pedant, but isn't your sister-in-laws husband, your brother?

This has had me going round in circles!! This is the husband of my wife's sister. That is my sister in law, isn't it!!!

You are right, after much head pain I resolved the issue in my head.

However, if you were from Pompey, your sister-in-law's Husband would probably be your dad

To be honest, I normally need a diagram/family tree to work it out, but incest makes it so much more difficult.

Easier, surely? After all, there are probably only 5 people in extended family of grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters and cousins.

Not wanting to be a pedant, but isn't your sister-in-laws husband, your brother?

If, as I understand it, he is referring to the husband of his wife's sister - that would be his brother-in-law.

And, on topic, I think we were all aware they would have been toast if not for the extra, extra, parachute payments they have received due to the new TV deal.

They really have been soooo lucky with the PPs. relegated the season they got a huge hike, increased payments, etc. Had they merely received the PPs we got they would have been dead long ago.........

one POL poster refers to their "Great sides of the mid 80's".

Can anyone help me here?

That'll be the almost promoted sides of 1985 and 1986 and the finally promoted side of 1987, you know the one that only graced the First Division for a season and then almost made it two relegations in a row the season after.

I'd forgotten just how well Pompey snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in 1984/85 and 1985/86. First they lost promotion on goal difference to Manchester City despite having lost only twice against top half teams. They had managed to lose six times to bottom half teams though and that doomed them. 1986 was even more delicious for any nutjob, at the end of March, they were 2nd, behind runaway champions Norwich, but still 7 points clear of 3rd placed Charlton and 9 clear of 4th place Wimbledon. Just seven games to go and this was the last season before the playoffs so top three were promoted. Sadly for our fishy friends, Pompey lost four of the next six and even a 4-0 win over Bradford in their last game didn't stop them failing for a second successive season.

1-1 now. Good finish from Wallace. Wonder if they'll be able to hold onto him?

he looks too good for league 2 from what I have seen on telly (highlights etc)

is it me or is there a player playing called 'A view to a kill"..?

Edited by Batman

Jed Wallace looks a good player but maybe a bit too lippy? Always moaning at his team mates.

Also Home Park looks a really good stadium! What the hell went wrong at Plymouth in the last few years....

they gambled a few years back when holloway was there. they were fighting it out in the playoffs spots in the championship.

he left them for leicester and they had too many poor managerial appointments and their best players in that team all left with the money being used to pay off their gamble

ebanks-blake, noone, capaldi etc. they had a good side. the ground has plans to rebuild the main stand to make it a complete bowl and it will 20-oddK capacity

the potential is huge. just a shame for them, they are miles away from anywhere in the country and generally spent their lives in the lower leagues and so many of the locals all support liverpool or man united

Jed Wallace looks a good player but maybe a bit too lippy? Always moaning at his team mates.

Also Home Park looks a really good stadium! What the hell went wrong at Plymouth in the last few years....

Playing in a stadium that nice... I expect it'd be a bit like the skates' cup final. Good job that the ref seems not to have been overawed by the big occasion.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

The failed world cup bid didn't help them either.

Alas, not so rallyboy - This is the reality;

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=517373

:mcinnes:

DFCSBs. After reading that nauseating drivel, I'm going to have to do a Nick here, and say they haven't been punished enough. Maybe after a few years of festering in L2, then dropping out of the league, another administration, and finally liquidation, they'll finally admit their cheating wasn't worth it. Maybe.

:mcinnes:

DFCSBs. After reading that nauseating drivel, I'm going to have to do a Nick here, and say they haven't been punished enough. Maybe after a few years of festering in L2, then dropping out of the league, another administration, and finally liquidation, they'll finally admit their cheating wasn't worth it. Maybe.

Reading that thread just underlines my feelings. Justice will only be part served if they lose FP. That is when they would really feel the pain of their good times.

I was lucky enough to see us win the FA cup and watching top players for us, I have not been able to share those days with my daughters (well the Johnstones trophy) .they stole the memories of fans of other clubs who tried to play it fairly. Justice is nowhere near being done for all those fantastic days they had and can talk about

Reading that thread just underlines my feelings. Justice will only be part served if they lose FP. That is when they would really feel the pain of their good times.

I was lucky enough to see us win the FA cup and watching top players for us, I have not been able to share those days with my daughters (well the Johnstones trophy) .they stole the memories of fans of other clubs who tried to play it fairly. Justice is nowhere near being done for all those fantastic days they had and can talk about

At which point all those fans would still say "I wouldn't change a thing".

Then what would you demand? A Nuclear strike, or jump straight to concentration camps?

havent been able to follow this thread for quite a few months, so can someone answer the following please and bring me up to date :)

- have the cretins got it yet or do they think "they will walk this league" ?

- who are they robbing this time to pay wages they cant afford ?

- when is their next administration due ?

- has Riquelme signed yet ?

- is Dubai Phil still going on about golf every ****ing week ?

- has Nick had a meltdown yet because they are still going ?

- is it safe to put the morphy richards away

At which point all those fans would still say "I wouldn't change a thing".

Then what would you demand? A Nuclear strike, or jump straight to concentration camps?

losing their rallying point and the icon off their support , Fratton Park would make a lot feel that the upside was not worth it. You may feel that their decade of cheating society and the other football clubs might be only worthy of a couple of 10point deductions, any 1that had no effect, but I don't. Personally if that is the punishment then let's all go and do it, 6 Wembley visits (it may be more) the glory and wonderful days out, the name on the cup etc etc would be well worth it for still having the home and the club still alive and kicking. I don't kno how old you are, but I grew up never having to give them a second thought as they were swimming around the depths of the leagues. MM came along (after they had again hurt local businesses) and started spending more than they had, they then had a rapid climb up to the PL and the stolen glory. Had they not done the cheating then they still would be swilling around the bottom leagues and not had a sniff of glory and the good days. The media and general football would look on them as football does any of the Clubs like Preston, former winners who won things well before we were born.

We all have our own theories of what is justice, you seem happy with their punishment I am not

havent been able to follow this thread for quite a few months, so can someone answer the following please and bring me up to date :)

Basically no to the above, although I might be in meltdown and Dubai Phil does the golf stories

Been too bloody hot down here this summer to give any thought to golf for 3 months. But don't worry I'm dusting the bats off tomorrow for their first "Winter Season" outing before the whole Race to Dubai gets going next month 8)

Still not safe to put the Morphy Richards away though.

Rather like a piece of dog turd stuck on a shoe that you can't see there MAY still be a smell hanging around from their previous Admin that since April has been stuck in limbo land someone between nasty letters and a full blown Court Case.

Certainly from what I have heard, IF the Liquidators of the (very oldco) can find some mug lawyers in the UK there seems to have been a "possible financial irregularity" while they were in admin. Not one of the sources has mentioned anything other than what amounts to a rumour along the lines of "Old Co, Liquidator, New Admin, Lawyer, something not right"

Finding the mug lawyers seems to have been a problem as I have now heard the same story from multiple different sources and not only in the legal field.

Basically, BDO/PKF are very big and outsource a lot of work, so finding someone to sue them is proving hard and causing much mirth as it would mean a slice of the gravy train gets turned off for whoever takes it on. The usual comment I have heard is "Best of luck with that then".

Anyway seems an allegation exists that some payment may have been made that the Liquidator believes was incorrect or should not have happened (ie IMHO that has to mean they think there are more missing millions) while it apparently appears a clear case to take to court for Judgement, the politics is the problem.

The interesting twist on this I heard this weekend from a local lawyer was that because (as mentioned previously) the old forensic work is "Still Ongoing" the Liquidator may take a different approach and consult with the Football Authorities.

Quite where all that leaves the newco is anybody's guess. Everything sits on the desk of a lawyer and it seems the world simply don't care or cannot afford to upset the big fish these days. BUT the new source did clearly say IRREGULAR payments and Made while the Club was operational.

So maybe there is still a sting in the tail of this story.

Should not be too difficult for anyone who goes to pubs frequented by Lawyers in London to pick up snippets as it seems to be a big in joke at the moment.

losing their rallying point and the icon off their support , Fratton Park would make a lot feel that the upside was not worth it. You may feel that their decade of cheating society and the other football clubs might be only worthy of a couple of 10point deductions, any 1that had no effect, but I don't. Personally if that is the punishment then let's all go and do it, 6 Wembley visits (it may be more) the glory and wonderful days out, the name on the cup etc etc would be well worth it for still having the home and the club still alive and kicking. I don't kno how old you are, but I grew up never having to give them a second thought as they were swimming around the depths of the leagues. MM came along (after they had again hurt local businesses) and started spending more than they had, they then had a rapid climb up to the PL and the stolen glory. Had they not done the cheating then they still would be swilling around the bottom leagues and not had a sniff of glory and the good days. The media and general football would look on them as football does any of the Clubs like Preston, former winners who won things well before we were born.

We all have our own theories of what is justice, you seem happy with their punishment I am not

Stop pretending you want "justice" and "punishment".

You just want to delight in schadenfreude, and feel compelled to aggrandise it with horsesh it about your daughters not seeing Saints win the cup. (Seriously?)

If Fratton was destroyed by an out of control oil tanker overnight you'd accept that as punishment even though it bore no relation to their henious "crimes".

I'm enjoying Pompey's struggles as much as the next man: it's funny. Bloody funny.

But your constant po-faced whining around how this is some noble quest for justice is excrutiatingly embarrassing and makes us look the like the smallest of small-fry football clubs. Get over it.

Anyway....

Since they have paid off the council loan, I'm assuming that the charge on FP held by the council has been lifted.

Forgive me as I haven't seen it posted yet that it has been lifted - there was a post a couple of days after the loan repayment showing that the charge was still there, but I guess this was just a case of 'catching up'.

Does anyone have access to the relevant websites to see if the charge has gone away yet, they must have caught up by now....

You just want to delight in schadenfreude, and feel compelled to aggrandise it with horsesh it about your daughters not seeing Saints win the cup. (Seriously?)

If Fratton was destroyed by an out of control oil tanker overnight you'd accept that as punishment even though it bore no relation to their henious "crimes".

I'm enjoying Pompey's struggles as much as the next man: it's funny. Bloody funny.

But your constant po-faced whining around how this is some noble quest for justice is excrutiatingly embarrassing and makes us look the like the smallest of small-fry football clubs. Get over it.

from your post I assume you are not a parent, and so has not ever taken a sibling to a football match. I have some great memories of sharing Saints FA cup win with my father and many other games with my brother, not withstanding taking my daughters to watch the Saints. Sadly they have only seen the depressing days of relegation and Saints struggling, never been there to go to Wembley to watch us win a proper cup. Many Pompey fans have been able to do so with their children, and have no remorse that they cheated others from doing so.

I do not pretend that if they were not our rivals I would not be so vocal about it, but if they were not our rivals I doubt that I would have seen all the posts about it (much like the widr population, who only see the poor old Pompey snippets)

If Fratton Park was blown up by an oil tanker I would not rejoice as justice had not been done by sanctions or payback due to their conduct.

You do get embarrassed easily, I would have thought the embarrassment of lying there and letting them poke you up your jacksey. and not making any sound would be more so, but I suppose it takes all kinds

Of course there is an element of schadenfreude if you go back to the start of this thread there were not many people wanting them liquidated. Now after all their cheating every Saints fan I know thinks they deserve to go out of existence.

Anyway....

Since they have paid off the council loan, I'm assuming that the charge on FP held by the council has been lifted.

Forgive me as I haven't seen it posted yet that it has been lifted - there was a post a couple of days after the loan repayment showing that the charge was still there, but I guess this was just a case of 'catching up'.

Does anyone have access to the relevant websites to see if the charge has gone away yet, they must have caught up by now....

Thats one for trousers, he'll be along shortly.