Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Oh dear just saw this over on pol:

Actually there wasn't a lot wrong with our cup win. Yeah players were on credit, but all debts were being serviced at the time, no different to what the rest of the Prem are doing.

Classic skate delusion that is.

IIRC the Standard bank in South Africa completely called in their overdraft facility, that isnt really servicing debts and certainly no different to what the rest of the Prem are doing LOL :mcinnes:

f669ccf518c58e4340fc8507e5bc148e_normal.jpegAdam Blackmore@bigadamsport

Just watched Patrick Agyemang's goal from last night - what a beauty. A good draw for #pompey in next round and who knows, back at Wembley?

bruce_forsythe_normal.jpgTrousers@Lord_Trousers

@bigadamsport About time they got to Wembley on merit rather than buying their way there with other people's money

I thought they were shunning this trophy, refusing to recognise the competition at all?

Classic turncoat skates.

And another:

No he did not fluke an illegitimate FA Cup win. Unless you think Man Utd's trophy haul under the Glazers (who loaded all their debt onto the club to finance their purchase) along with Chelsea's (financed by money snatched from the Russian state and people) should be revoked along with many others?

Yes, like many owners, the Gaydamaks spent more than their club could afford but the main reason we ended up more than £100m in debt was because people they had fallen out with outside of football came looking for their money and ripped PFC apart.

Dear Pompey fans.....this is what you do when curious about the validity of your owners.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24459175

The Supporters Trust At Reading (STAR) has called for an explanation of the delay in the full takeover by majority shareholder Anton Zingarevich.

Russian businessman Zingarevich bought 51% of the club 16 months ago.

He was due to purchase the remaining 49% from previous owner Sir John Madejski by the end of September, but that deadline has now passed.

"We want some transparency," STAR vice-chairman Richard Langley told BBC Radio Berkshire.

"We want to know what it going on with the football club."

Newspaper reports at the weekend suggested Zingarevich was looking to sell his 51% stake and STAR fear the club could go the same way as Portsmouth - who suffered years of financial misery at the hands of previous owners.

"We, as an organisation, are awaiting responses from the club with regards to some of our questions," added Langley.

"We want to know it's not going to turn into another Portsmouth and the club is secure for another 20 years.

Not this....

head-in-sand-sierra-club1.jpg

Portsmouth-FA-Cup-Victory-Parade-Southsea-2008.jpg

Edited by trousers

Ten minutes on Google when this Russian gangster turned up could have saved Reading the inevitable grief the are now staring in the face. I've no doubt Madejski knew but was swayed by the cash on offer - it now looks as if he's going to settle for half.

Feel free to substitute the words 'Reading' and 'Madejski' in the above statement to fit situations elsewhere.

Madjeski is a good guy who cant afford to bankroll the club any longer. I think he sold Zingarevich the 51% stake at championship prices even though they got promoted to the PL that year. Zingarevich is probably just trying to make a buck.

I was under the impression that Madejski hadn't been bankrolling them for some time. While it was obviously his money that saw them move from Elm Park to the M4, they seem to have been self-sustaining for a while, with fans often whinging that he's been too tight-fisted.

I was under the impression that Madejski hadn't been bankrolling them for some time. While it was obviously his money that saw them move from Elm Park to the M4, they seem to have been self-sustaining for a while, with fans often whinging that he's been too tight-fisted.

Yes you're right, what I meant to say was Madejski cant afford to inject the extra money over and above the gate and tv money needed for a club like Reading (or Saints, Cardiff etc) to overachieve and reach and do well in the PL. Most clubs in the PL have a sugar daddy of some sort.

so that tweet from the Trust is now saying the previous owners were failures?

And I thought the previous owners were heroes who led them to cup glory...

Presumably an important part of the current heroic clear-up operation by the plucky fans has been to acknowledge that the cup was not paid for, and to distance themselves from those dark days.

It'll be a shame to see their name scraped off the old trophy but I guess that's the price of admitting to the sins of the past.

I would lend them a sander to sort the job, but I fear I wouldn't see it again.

And fair play to the Trust for starting the ball rolling by admitting that the owner that led the club to Wembley was a failure.

Well, the son of the real owner, obviously - not the one they told the football authorities about, the secret one.

No, not the one that didn't exist, the secret one before him - the one that maimed kids for a living.

Serious question----

if you take out out of the equation the parachute payments and the money going out to ex-players etc, and just look at this season's normal income and current players' wages and the costs of running the club day to day, are they breaking even ,or are they running up fresh debts?

Serious question----

if you take out out of the equation the parachute payments and the money going out to ex-players etc, and just look at this season's normal income and current players' wages and the costs of running the club day to day, are they breaking even ,or are they running up fresh debts?

I did the maths a few pages back and it turned out to be something like 79% of income being spunked on player wages alone - forget about paying all the other staff and bills etc.

Considering the salary cap is 55% of income they are up to their old tricks again, not that we would expect them to question it! The only 'investigative' journalist that they had in the past, who got all his information from here, has conveniently been given one of the jobs for the boys to stop him from 'investigating' / logging in to TSW.

Once the parachute payments have finally run out - I guess they count until the end of this season - then continuing to spend money the way they are will see them ruined, again.

They have been very fortunate that the parachute payments have been extended and increased. To some it would seem that the authorities/powers that be have gone to extreme lengths to help them. The skeletons in the cupboards seem to have escaped to Narnia. I was under the impression that there was going to be a forensic investigation of their books in the past. I assume Lord Lucan and Shergar were in charge of that

They have been very fortunate that the parachute payments have been extended and increased. To some it would seem that the authorities/powers that be have gone to extreme lengths to help them. The skeletons in the cupboards seem to have escaped to Narnia. I was under the impression that there was going to be a forensic investigation of their books in the past. I assume Lord Lucan and Shergar were in charge of that

Baker Tilly wasn't it? I wonder why they never got around to reporting the outcome...

rug-need-bigger-cartoon.png

Sadly I think he's right on this one. It seems no matter what 'financial irregularities' their owners and management are involved in, no matter how much money they spend and never pay back, no matter how many charities they pretend to collect money for but then spend themselves, no matter how much revenue they cheat the public purse of, no matter how many small businesses, local businesses, they rip off and no matter how many times all this is repeated they are still going now and will keep on going. Hardly something to be proud of though.

Or ashamed about, it seems: "We will be able to hold our heads high and sleep at night".

:mcinnes:

Not only that, but didn't the judge in their last court case order them to publish the findings poste haste?

What has happened to that publication?

From recollection he suggested that they should. He didn't make an order.

Happy to be proved wrong if anybody can be bothered to look it up.

so that tweet from the Trust is now saying the previous owners were failures?

And I thought the previous owners were heroes who led them to cup glory...

Presumably an important part of the current heroic clear-up operation by the plucky fans has been to acknowledge that the cup was not paid for, and to distance themselves from those dark days.

It'll be a shame to see their name scraped off the old trophy but I guess that's the price of admitting to the sins of the past.

And fair play to the Trust for starting the ball rolling by admitting that the owner that led the club to Wembley was a failure.

Well, the son of the real owner, obviously - not the one they told the football authorities about, the secret one.

No, not the one that didn't exist, the secret one before him - the one that maimed kids for a living.

Harry Redknapp was a guest on Talksports mid morning show today, only caught a few words about his time an pompey. Basically admitted that Sasha was a cover for ownership for Arkadi - although he never seemed to know how Arkadi got his money but knew he was big in Israel (owning a club there).

Because they report to the DTI. It isn't a public report.

I'm also told that their work is still ongoing

Cheers CS. Seems to be taking them a long time. Can't think why... :)

Surely it'll become public at some stage as the DTI will have to take public domain action if (when) Baker Tilly unearth malpractices, won't they? And will the FA/Premier League/Football League want to apply retrospective sanctions? (like they did for Luton)

Any indication from your source(s) as to when Baker Tilly are aiming to conclude their forensics?

Cheers

Alas, not so rallyboy - This is the reality;

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=517373

Surely it'll become public at some stage as the DTI will have to take public domain action if (when) Baker Tilly unearth malpractices, won't they? And will the FA/Premier League/Football League want to apply retrospective sanctions? (like they did for Luton)

Any indication from your source(s) as to when Baker Tilly are aiming to conclude their forensics?

Cheers

As a matter of interest, does anyone know who is paying for their services ?

just when you think the thread is winding down they start up again with all the scummahs never paid any debt just like us - and Chelsea are cheating too stuff.

Can someone PLEASE explain to them the difference between Man Utd or Chelsea servicing debt, and pompey collecting money for a cancer charity, and keeping it?

If they still can't see a difference between what they did and how the top clubs are run, then we might as well discuss it with a fencepost.

It's like trying to educate and herd a bunch of retarded and visually-impaired cats - along the beach, during a tsunami.

Cheers

They guy that I spoke to didn't want to go into detail (for obvious professional reasons) but the fact that the work was ongoing implies there must be something to it.

No idea when they'll finish. Given that the owners were based overseas it could take significant time to get hold of (or try to) information that they want to look at. They'll have done interim reports but as I said before, they won;t be public.

I'd love to be more specific but its a little bit "how long is a piece of string".

They guy that I spoke to didn't want to go into detail (for obvious professional reasons) but the fact that the work was ongoing implies there must be something to it.

No idea when they'll finish. Given that the owners were based overseas it could take significant time to get hold of (or try to) information that they want to look at. They'll have done interim reports but as I said before, they won;t be public.

I'd love to be more specific but its a little bit "how long is a piece of string".

Cheers CS. Maybe they should employ the services of Mr Hall to speed things up...? :)

As a matter of interest, does anyone know who is paying for their services ?

That's probably a question for a certain local investigative journalist. I'm sure he's been keeping a beady eye on things and is crafting a 78 paragraph one page story as we speak...

Remember "riddle" is (or was until very recently) on the board, so you're not quoting an insignifiant "intellectual fencepost".

What he seems to be saying, in a nutshell, is that the only difference between Saints and Pompey is that Saints pay their debts, and Pompey don't.

Christ, the delusion on that page is overwhelming. That Riddle knob seems to be trying to bore everybody into submission with endless inaccurate diatribes. If he really wants to keep regurgitating ancient history he needs to understand that Saints were wiping the floor with the opposition ten years before their first dodgy liquidation and re-birth under a shady bunch of local businessmen, forty years before their first cup win and fifty years before their bending of the rules during their second league win.

Remember "riddle" is (or was until very recently) on the board, so you're not quoting an insignifiant "intellectual fencepost".

What he seems to be saying, in a nutshell, is that the only difference between Saints and Pompey is that Saints pay their debts, and Pompey don't.

As the 'new' club is now trying to present itself in a polished and professional manner, it's quite understandable why he's no longer 'on the board'.

I fear I'm missing something completely obvious here but still none the wiser!

Hutch said 'the riddle' - a boring, long-winded and inaccurate skate poster - was 'on the board' (presumably of PFC version 2013). Read his posts and you'll see why they're probably glad to be rid of him.

34c3c387a334d5dd5178726b27996009_normal.jpegNabil Hassan@NabilHassan7946m

Supporters Trust at #readingfc (@STARReading): "We want to know the club is not going to turn into another #pompey":

b71afeb2f67d179d7a48d809f9ed1d20_normal.pngMick Williams@mickwill5m

@NabilHassan79 @STARReading #Pompey now owned by fans, of course, which has only happened due to failure of previous owners. #AlwaysHope

:mcinnes:

http://www.rumafia.com/person.php?id=204

Here you go RFC, this was on rumafia long before Anton got into be with Madejski, there is no way on earth in my mind that Madejski could not have been aware of this.

Reading FC, like the skates are the Gadymack era, you are merely a vehicle for getting illicit monies out of the gangland world in Russia, cleaning it and handing it back to the owners in a nice western currency, in a safe EU country.

Like pompey fans money, you are money laundering for this Russian family, clean cash to go to Madejski and Zingarevich (son or father, thats just a formality, the contract killing and extortion has been done).

34c3c387a334d5dd5178726b27996009_normal.jpegNabil Hassan@NabilHassan79

Former #Pompey owner Vladimir Antonov is back in court tomorrow (Friday) as he fights extradition to Lithuania accused of a £420m fraud.

Will #factless be reporting on the case? #factless and his team or sloppy journos hailed him as a upstanding London City businessman LOL!

If he is allowed to stay it will be an absolute abuse of our legal system and human rights agreements.

Talk of the glory days are embarrassing. Its not like the won 5-6 prem titles and took Europe by storm.

They had 2 years of mid-table finishes and an FA cup win – would not swap that for the 4 seasons they have just had + the next 5-10 years in the wilderness

2004-05 – finished 16th

2005-06 – finished 17th

2006-07 – finished 9th

2007-08 – finished 8th

Won FA Cup

2008-09 – finished 14th

2009-10 – finished bottom (relegated from Prem)

2010 – 11 – finished 16th (Championship)

2011-12 – finished 22nd (relegated from championship)

2012-13 – finished bottom (relegated from L1)

2013 – 14 – 15th in L2

I met the husband of my sister in law yesterday. We had not met for quite some time and new it would be interesting as he is skate season ticket holder. It did not take long for him to move conversation on to footy. He was full of praise for what saints were doing and informed me he had not taken out a season ticket this time. His reason was he was not sure where his money was going! He was also certain that our fishy friends would have been toast this season without their 5 million PP windfall.

I met the husband of my sister in law yesterday. We had not met for quite some time and new it would be interesting as he is skate season ticket holder. It did not take long for him to move conversation on to footy. He was full of praise for what saints were doing and informed me he had not taken out a season ticket this time. His reason was he was not sure where his money was going! He was also certain that our fishy friends would have been toast this season without their 5 million PP windfall.

Not wanting to be a pedant, but isn't your sister-in-laws husband, your brother?