Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

from your post I assume you are not a parent, and so has not ever taken a sibling to a football match. I have some great memories of sharing Saints FA cup win with my father and many other games with my brother, not withstanding taking my daughters to watch the Saints. Sadly they have only seen the depressing days of relegation and Saints struggling, never been there to go to Wembley to watch us win a proper cup. Many Pompey fans have been able to do so with their children, and have no remorse that they cheated others from doing so.

I do not pretend that if they were not our rivals I would not be so vocal about it, but if they were not our rivals I doubt that I would have seen all the posts about it (much like the widr population, who only see the poor old Pompey snippets)

If Fratton Park was blown up by an oil tanker I would not rejoice as justice had not been done by sanctions or payback due to their conduct.

You do get embarrassed easily, I would have thought the embarrassment of lying there and letting them poke you up your jacksey. and not making any sound would be more so, but I suppose it takes all kinds

Parent of two actually.

Mawkish grizzling about "think of the children, would someone please think of the children!!" does your argument no favours at all.

If all you can worked up about for your kids is your failure to take them to a particular football match, which you then blame Portsmouth for, then I'd say that makes you a fu cking abysmal parent. Grow up.

So basically this all makes you look more of a complete plank than usual. Which is a f uck off great plank.

Think of the children! Think of the children!

Anyway....

Since they have paid off the council loan, I'm assuming that the charge on FP held by the council has been lifted.

Forgive me as I haven't seen it posted yet that it has been lifted - there was a post a couple of days after the loan repayment showing that the charge was still there, but I guess this was just a case of 'catching up'.

Does anyone have access to the relevant websites to see if the charge has gone away yet, they must have caught up by now....

Nope, still there

image.jpg

I don't want Pompey to go out of business or be liquidated or whatever, I know they deserve it but it would spoil the fun. Seeing them struggle and fail probably for years to come and at great cost to themselves is fun for us and a just punishment for them, extinction would end their pain and that is too easy for them

I don't want Pompey to go out of business or be liquidated or whatever, I know they deserve it but it would spoil the fun. Seeing them struggle and fail probably for years to come and at great cost to themselves is fun for us and a just punishment for them, extinction would end their pain and that is too easy for them

Totally.

We've had Skates say that they don't want to be in the BPL "just making up the numbers" or like Ipswich, who have been on the Championship for 13 seasons, so where do they want to be?

When faced with that question they simply flap their mouths in a confused manner as their tiny minds attempt to compute the alternatives.

So what that they've got FP. They had to sellout to Tesco's just to scrap some cash together to keep the place open and this dooming themselves in the future as they will be in no position to expand.

They've been so desperate to own their own debts that they've doomed themselves to an eternity in the little leagues.

Edited by View From The Top

They have started to get a bit Nutjob about Arry. Even dug out a picture with him in his tracksuit with £30k of Merson's money stuffed in his trackies.

@SOS_Pompey

Have a look at this @standamf spot the track suit Harry is wearing with £30k stuffed down at Millwall pic.twitter.com/IpPT947bGn

https://mobile.twitter.com/SOS_Pompey/status/387963396353961984

Nope, still there

Well, well, how odd.

You'd have thought that the council would have removed that charge very soon after the debt was repaid. I'm reasonably sure it's not legal to hold a charge over a property when there is no debt held over it.

Perhaps there is some truth to the rumour that they paid off the loan only to take out another one immediately after...

I'm sure all will be revealed just as soon as they file those pesky accounts.

Well, well, how odd.

You'd have thought that the council would have removed that charge very soon after the debt was repaid. I'm reasonably sure it's not legal to hold a charge over a property when there is no debt held over it.

Perhaps there is some truth to the rumour that they paid off the loan only to take out another one immediately after...

I'm sure all will be revealed just as soon as they file those pesky accounts.

We just need one of those Neil Allen webchats where we can ask said crack journalist about such anomalies on companies house website as he always has a full and insightful answer to such queries...

Been too bloody hot down here this summer to give any thought to golf for 3 months. But don't worry I'm dusting the bats off tomorrow for their first "Winter Season" outing before the whole Race to Dubai gets going next month 8)

Still not safe to put the Morphy Richards away though.

Rather like a piece of dog turd stuck on a shoe that you can't see there MAY still be a smell hanging around from their previous Admin that since April has been stuck in limbo land someone between nasty letters and a full blown Court Case.

Certainly from what I have heard, IF the Liquidators of the (very oldco) can find some mug lawyers in the UK there seems to have been a "possible financial irregularity" while they were in admin. Not one of the sources has mentioned anything other than what amounts to a rumour along the lines of "Old Co, Liquidator, New Admin, Lawyer, something not right"

Finding the mug lawyers seems to have been a problem as I have now heard the same story from multiple different sources and not only in the legal field.

Basically, BDO/PKF are very big and outsource a lot of work, so finding someone to sue them is proving hard and causing much mirth as it would mean a slice of the gravy train gets turned off for whoever takes it on. The usual comment I have heard is "Best of luck with that then".

Anyway seems an allegation exists that some payment may have been made that the Liquidator believes was incorrect or should not have happened (ie IMHO that has to mean they think there are more missing millions) while it apparently appears a clear case to take to court for Judgement, the politics is the problem.

The interesting twist on this I heard this weekend from a local lawyer was that because (as mentioned previously) the old forensic work is "Still Ongoing" the Liquidator may take a different approach and consult with the Football Authorities.

Quite where all that leaves the newco is anybody's guess. Everything sits on the desk of a lawyer and it seems the world simply don't care or cannot afford to upset the big fish these days. BUT the new source did clearly say IRREGULAR payments and Made while the Club was operational.

So maybe there is still a sting in the tail of this story.

Should not be too difficult for anyone who goes to pubs frequented by Lawyers in London to pick up snippets as it seems to be a big in joke at the moment.

Can't see anything ever happening, and even if it does, just watch the authorities fawn over the "fan owned" club and bend over backwards to avoid derailing the worlds bestest community club ever...

Luton got retrospectively punished for the financial misdemeanors of the previous incumbents. Pompey won't. Fact...

We just need one of those Neil Allen webchats where we can ask said crack journalist about such anomalies on companies house website as he always has a full and insightful answer to such queries...

Come to think about it, there's been little or no Pompey webchats this season. Someone might get the wrong impression that the new owners are trying to suppress any 'difficult' questions being asked in the open. Good job we don't have any crazy conspiracy theorists on here who would come to that conclusion ...

Speaking as a now-veteran of, er, 4 League Two matches this season (and a couple of Skate games on the box), I think I can safely say that they are slightly worse than Newport, who are slightly better than mid-table. So they are basically around mid-table. When Wallace goes to some vaguely competent League One side for tuppence-ha'penny and a significant pay rise in January (surely?), they'll be a bottom half side. Accrington - who I've actually seen home and away AND on tv against the Skates - are looking odds on for one of the two relegation spots, and it is unlikely the Skates will capitulate enough to take the other. Then again, they've utterly collapsed in the second half of the last 3 seasons when the wages have run out, so who knows?

I was begging for a Skates v Newport JPT draw, as I was keen to get the Newport at Fratton experience out of the way before Dec 14th so I could give the league game a miss and go and watch Saints in Newcastle again instead. So JPT draw comes along, and pffffft sod's law, Newport v Skates... in Newport. It may be my hometown, but there is no way I'm going to share the journey up and/or back with that bunch of inbreds, so sod it, I'm not going (even though I was one of 81 Newport fans at Crawley last Tuesday).

I now have only the FA Cup R1 and maybe R2 draws to try and get me to Newcastle. :mcinnes:

Edited by The9

Parent of two actually.

Mawkish grizzling about "think of the children, would someone please think of the children!!" does your argument no favours at all.

If all you can worked up about for your kids is your failure to take them to a particular football match, which you then blame Portsmouth for, then I'd say that makes you a fu cking abysmal parent. Grow up.

So basically this all makes you look more of a complete plank than usual. Which is a f uck off great plank.

Think of the children! Think of the children!

my god I think you really need some medical help. I suspect your replies reflect on you more than they do on me. There are some humourless people around, but you cap the lot. Your frustration at not being able to gain the upper hand turns you to throw bile and try to insult.

I don't blame Pompey for our club not being successful, but as they have gaind so much success in the past cheating and had little medicine then wouldn't mind some of the success myself.

my god I think you really need some medical help. I suspect your replies reflect on you more than they do on me. There are some humourless people around, but you cap the lot. Your frustration at not being able to gain the upper hand turns you to throw bile and try to insult.

I don't blame Pompey for our club not being successful, but as they have gaind so much success in the past cheating and had little medicine then wouldn't mind some of the success myself.

I'm humourless? Funny, I actually find Pompey's travails hilariously funny.

You're the one turning it into a po-faced campaign for justice for the nation's children. And everything will better for those children everywhere once they take Fratton Park away, won't it?

Of course it won't because you'd still whine that they "got away with it".

As I said before. Try enjoying it. It's hilarious.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/673421522?-11209:804

once he leaves, i think they are in trouble

I would like to see him move to AFC Bournemouth, that would wind the skates right up.

Nah.... they'll splash the proceeds on some highly paid 30+ year old journeyman on a short term contract....

It’s what they do best, about half of the youth prospects good old Clotterill dumped out scored over the weekend for their various FL clubs, whilst all his quality over quantity hero/villains sit back and wait for pompey to pay up their multimillion pound settlement agreements!

It’s the future, the combination of their league position, the changes to youth development/academy structure favouring the top clubs (+ top facilities), and the developed football clubs squeezing them from the North, East and West.

PDT strategy; sell our car park and land to a developer/Tescos in exchange for a much smaller car park and being landlocked forever, sell/loan all youth talent on low salaries in exchange for aging mercenary.

:mcinnes: LOL :mcinnes:

So by admitting Wallace has a price and is likely to be sold, does this convert HNW hero McInnes into a villain for selling off the family jewels?

Would goalscoring hero Wallace overnight become a villain for leaving, just when things are looking up and he is set to lead them in ripping up the division?

In the same way that two negatives make a positive, if a villain sells another villain, does somebody somewhere become a hero?

Rallyboy to the thread please, for mathematical villain/hero construct explanation.

well Florida M, let me just clarify the latest from the Villainometer dept...tis very simple.

McInnes was a massive hero for saving the club, for doing a fantastic deal with the property developer that will lead to a new stadium, and for getting off with a drink-driving charge on a technicality - anyone who dodges the law in pompey gets extra hero points.

Then they lost at home to a town that we thought was a motorway service station, and he slid down the scale and was dangerously close to villain status.

But then they won again, so an immediate U-turn was allowed, and he just kept his chins above water.

His failure to explain the current overspending on wages, the Trust's lack of transparency, and the curious case of the council charge that still stands, obviously cements his hero status - any form of insolvent trading goes down a treat to the east.

So he is firmly on the correct side of the hero scale.....unless he sacks hero Whittingham.

Unless Whittingham has surrendered his own hero status, thus making him an anti-hero, and McInnes an anti-villain hero.

However, Wallace is teetering on the edge - poised to drop straight into greedy villain status as the player they sell on their own terms.

His future sale could be spun as McInnes doing everyone a favour by shrewdly offloading the greedy player for a tidy profit after clubs queued up for the youngster's signature, thus putting the sozzled kerb-clipper right up there with heroes like the prossie-botherer, UnAppy, Cotterill and Adams.

This attack is dedicated to the Truck man, one of our our PTS brothers-in-arms - I do recall him sweeping through this thread like a ranting nutjob.

RIP

I hear you rally boy. Here is a good post From pol :

I'm probably going to get slated for this but I don't think he's as good as he believes he is. In the summer his head was turned and there have been many times this season where he seems to think he is Christiano Ronaldo, he tries to do too much or tries to make a cute pass that is easily intercepted instead of playing the easy ball. People berate any player that gives the ball away easily, Ertl for example but Jed is just as bad at losing possession as many others in the team and not a word is said against him because he is supposedly special.

Development fee possibly.

They'll be sharing that with a few non-league sides. He only joined the skates 2 years ago when he was 17.

My money's on they've tried to open new contract talks with him (his contract expires at the end of the season) and he's less than enthusiastic, so they are going to try to push him out the door in January in the hope of getting a bit of a fee. He might want to hang on and go on a Bosman in the summer.

I hear you rally boy. Here is a good post From pol :

I'm probably going to get slated for this but I don't think he's as good as he believes he is. In the summer his head was turned and there have been many times this season where he seems to think he is Christiano Ronaldo, he tries to do too much or tries to make a cute pass that is easily intercepted instead of playing the easy ball. People berate any player that gives the ball away easily, Ertl for example but Jed is just as bad at losing possession as many others in the team and not a word is said against him because he is supposedly special.

RIP Truckasaurus.

Quite a sad day when you realise that this thread may outlive many more of us nutjobs.

Time we start to look at a strategy for the future. We've seen quality over quantity at work so think perhaps we need to give the Yoof a chance. Maybe under 12's can get an extra free post a day?

No, don't plan for the future!

Close the forum academy, offload the younger posters to the main forum where they can abuse each other every time we drop out of the top four, and bring in failed journeymen posters that no one else wants - if we haven't already.

We'll offer them unsustainable deals, five posts a day, a delayed and annoying VIP train trip with Granty, new monitor covers, free tickets to the monkey-petting zoo...

We're a massive thread with great history, in fact this thread is a fortress that scares visitors, even the Mods can't cope with how big and plucky the thread is.

They say that in Elizabethan England they were in a more or less constant tipsy state due to all the small beer they drank - the water being so dodgy. The words flowed from Shakespeare's pen in an alcohol induced haze.

I'll have some of whatever Rallyboy is using!:-)

No, don't plan for the future!

Close the forum academy, offload the younger posters to the main forum where they can abuse each other every time we drop out of the top four, and bring in failed journeymen posters that no one else wants - if we haven't already.

We'll offer them unsustainable deals, five posts a day, a delayed and annoying VIP train trip with Granty, new monitor covers, free tickets to the monkey-petting zoo...

We're a massive thread with great history, in fact this thread is a fortress that scares visitors, even the Mods can't cope with how big and plucky the thread is.

:lol::lol::lol:

Could I, in all sincerity offer myself as a "failed journeymen poster". Having joined the bandwagon around page 1000 and largely lurked, feeding off the "goodwill vibe" of the subject matter, I feel I have something particularly worthless to offer the thread at an inflated fee.

Being one of the senior members of the squad I'm hoping you can see the value in my inclusion in the first team. Thanks for listening.

P.S. Will there be extra training to get us journeymen up to speed on technical trivia?

Could I, in all sincerity offer myself as a "failed journeymen poster". Having joined the bandwagon around page 1000 and largely lurked, feeding off the "goodwill vibe" of the subject matter, I feel I have something particularly worthless to offer the thread at an inflated fee.

Being one of the senior members of the squad I'm hoping you can see the value in my inclusion in the first team. Thanks for listening.

P.S. Will there be extra training to get us journeymen up to speed on technical trivia?

Trousers will PM you with details of his morning Railway Journey so you can learn how to cut & paste pictures from an Iphone with ease.

You might be able to get a trial free subscription to Accountancy Today (no you don't need to read it just cut and paste an irrelevant snippet from time to time

You'll find an eloquent Rallyboy on Cars go Wild on Discovery Channel to help you understand over emphasis

And of course The Golf Channel or Hello Magazine Rory & Carolina will teach you everything you need to know about Golf.

Just leaves skiing, Chianti and Horton Heath to learn in detail, oh and maybe a power watch of the 1st 25 series of The Antiques Roadshow so you can value anything properly

Then to become a true legend send some spies out to listen for anyone speaking in Russian at a game involving poorsmuff

MUCH simpler than reading all 92,000 posts

Trousers will PM you with details of his morning Railway Journey so you can learn how to cut & paste pictures from an Iphone with ease.

You might be able to get a trial free subscription to Accountancy Today (no you don't need to read it just cut and paste an irrelevant snippet from time to time

You'll find an eloquent Rallyboy on Cars go Wild on Discovery Channel to help you understand over emphasis

And of course The Golf Channel or Hello Magazine Rory & Carolina will teach you everything you need to know about Golf.

Just leaves skiing, Chianti and Horton Heath to learn in detail, oh and maybe a power watch of the 1st 25 series of The Antiques Roadshow so you can value anything properly

Then to become a true legend send some spies out to listen for anyone speaking in Russian at a game involving poorsmuff

MUCH simpler than reading all 92,000 posts

:blush: Oh ****...I can see if I'm going to be able to "press" from the off I'm going to need extra training.

First, what's an "Iphone"? On the credit side, living in North Baddesley we do have a Thai Massage Parlour which I can stake-out for potential embarrassing photographs...who should I be looking out for in particular?

:blush: Oh ****...I can see if I'm going to be able to "press" from the off I'm going to need extra training.

First, what's an "Iphone"? On the credit side, living in North Baddesley we do have a Thai Massage Parlour which I can stake-out for potential embarrassing photographs...who should I be looking out for in particular?

Don't worry if your posts are poor quality. You are most likely intimidated by the atmosphere generated by a thread of this magnitude.

Are you prepared to be a villainous hero type player, and will you be off ski, when you get a better offer, we must know these things.

Well I've been a Scummer all my life...this is not something I take lightly so I'm, as you'd expect open to offers. Having said that, being a retired old fart, if I was to be offered something better, it very probably would have already happened. I am I'd like to add the "Genuine Article" someone prepared to kiss whatever badge you'd like to stitch on my Damart Vest.

Well I've been a Scummer all my life...this is not something I take lightly so I'm, as you'd expect open to offers. Having said that, being a retired old fart, if I was to be offered something better, it very probably would have already happened. I am I'd like to add the "Genuine Article" someone prepared to kiss whatever badge you'd like to stitch on my Damart Vest.
Im sure you'll look fetching in the all pink 3rd kit