Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Quote Originally Posted by trousers View Post

I wonder whether this is a fitting remark for somebody in his employment position?

Perhaps his next child will have Downs Syndrome and he might then learn how distasteful and offensive his remarks are.

That brendonvbone had a right little breakdown on twitter over it. Bless him.

indeed, they are doing really well, pleased for them, top result today - that should be lead story on Meridian sport, unless Bournemouth got a good result two divisions higher.

Are pompey still in the football league?

Pompey get the lead on Meridian even if they are not playing! Even Solent made Pompeys home win against Bury a major event lol

With so many teams having random "Cup finals" I lose track of the actual FA cup competition. Bury must be peed off at losing their cup final.

Oh I don't know. After all Bury did win the FA Cup twice in 1900 (beating Saints) and 1903. So on a Pompey view of how big a club is, based on honours which were won a long time ago, I'd say Bury are up there with the top teams.

"The current screen provider has been less than helpful"

Probably after getting screwed over twice in the past 3 years.

"We are not running away with the league"

No ****!

"We are the most advanced football club with a digital agenda"

Christ on a bike, does he actually believe that. Not only are their fans the bestest they also have the greatest team in cyberspace.

"The current screen provider has been less than helpful"

Probably after getting screwed over twice in the past 3 years.

"We are not running away with the league"

No ****!

Christ on a bike, does he actually believe that. Not only are their fans the bestest they also have the greatest team in cyberspace.

#deluded

I see Connolly has now missed four matches and his return doesn't seem imminent.

Who could have seen that coming?

Didn't he agree to leave if he missed a long run of games through injury?

That could save them a few quid...

If they hadn't given him the coaching role.

He's more likely to rip up a hamstring than his contract.

That's a real shame. Arguably Connolly is their best player when he is not in the treatment room.

at least they aren't wasting any money on video production.

Though getting Harry's dog to balance the audio didn't really work, especially as the little pooch kept sticking her head in the bottom of the frame and grinding her teeth.

Nice to hear Bob Harris again.

To be fair to the world's bestest investigate journalist, he did say that of all the clubs their potential sponsors are speaking to, they are the most advanced with a digital agenda etc etc.

Given that those sponsors are the landlord of the Dog & Duck, Ted the locksmith and local garden centre and the 'other clubs' are Sunday league sides he's probably right.

I guess that is why he is happy being filmed in the skate shop looking like a tramp.

The bestest keyboard warriors in the land.

That's a real shame. Arguably Connolly is their best player when he is not in the treatment room.

Connolly is being touted as Whittinghams successor on POL in a hero/villain style thread.

Interesting and unusual use of the term 'royalties' too. Do Tesco get 'a share of the royalties' when they sell a tin of baked beans?

I would guess he means the shop premises were far bigger than they needed for their own merchandise sales so Soccer Scene have taken part of the space on a concession basis. The boot sales will be SS sales not PFCs but they'll take royalties i.e, a percentage of sales instead of rent for the space.

To be fair to the world's bestest investigate journalist, he did say that of all the clubs their potential sponsors are speaking to, they are the most advanced with a digital agenda etc etc.

Given that those sponsors are the landlord of the Dog & Duck, Ted the locksmith and local garden centre and the 'other clubs' are Sunday league sides he's probably right.

You forgot the local butchers - oh, hang on, did he come through the weekend unscathed?

Pompey's 'digital agenda' :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQM5JjyuTsRSvDfevCPYzoFATwl8v4km-oMT-Vq2dj_6KzkJUBL_Q

Not enough fingers.

I would guess he means the shop premises were far bigger than they needed for their own merchandise sales so Soccer Scene have taken part of the space on a concession basis. The boot sales will be SS sales not PFCs but they'll take royalties i.e, a percentage of sales instead of rent for the space.

Never heard it called royalites before though... that term would usually apply to intellectual property, licensing of trademarks, copyrights, artwork etc, etc... this is simply a % of sales.

Does Micah Hall have a subject that he actually knows what he's talking about on?

Never heard it called royalites before though... that term would usually apply to intellectual property, licensing of trademarks, copyrights, artwork etc, etc... this is simply a % of sales.

Does Micah Hall have a subject that he actually knows what he's talking about on?

Woffling.

This would be the perfect word to bring our thread into its 92,000th post. Unfortunately I cant, due to my lowly registered user status, however im sure one of you nutjobs will put on a nice display for 92k.

Does anyone remember the halcyon days where we used to celebrate every 100 pages? :)

LOL at Pointless on BBC1

They had to name teams in the top English leagues that ended 'United'. Some woman said Portsmouth and got 100 points as it was incorrect.

Richard Osman - "Portsmouth getting 100 there, usually they score 0" (about 2 people in the entire audience groan)

56% minus the VAT and Tax/NI must be below 40%.

Offer 20p in the pound that you never intend to pay brings it down to 8%.

Go into admin again and Wycombe are left with so little that pompey have in reality had 99% of the play - making them the biggest club ever, and trailblazers for the use of digital media in sports marketing.

Don't like to go off topic, but...

Pointless?

The One Show?

Do you people not have off buttons on your TVs?