Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

What does it say?

club had run out of dosh, couldn't afford to pay the wages, told the players and press that it would be liquidated if wages weren't deferred. fans then started picketing the training ground demanding the players surrender their claims to the owed money.

tsw joins a new (he claims 'big') club in the same league (which is why i think it's kitson, who moved the sheff utd) and during the match receives the worst abuse he's ever experienced from his former club. the chairman of his old club at one point stood and joined in with the offensive chanting. this was witnessed by tsw's new chairman who relayed the info back to him. tsw was so incensed with this that he got his lawyer to instruct old club that he will not defer his owed wages and news of the chairman's behaviour will be on the back pages of the papers in the morn. eventually old chairman agrees to pay tsw in full, provided he keeps the story out of the press. tsw claims that the club behaved dishonestly when they begged for donations and claimed to be totally broke- 'clearly... was bull****'.

Good to see one South coast club taking the cup competitions seriously...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/guy-targets-cup-upset-1161343.aspx

I did spot a typo though....

The FA Cup has provided Pompey with four trips to Wembley in recent years.

West Brom and Cardiff were beaten as the Blues lifted the trophy for the second time in 2008.

That should read:
Building a team on unsustainable finances has provided Pompey with four trips to Wembley in recent years.

West Brom and Cardiff were beaten as the Blues lifted the trophy for the second time in 2008.

And I'm sure we can help out with this aspiration....

“But we also want to reward those who have supported us by getting us through a few rounds and maybe getting a big team down here.
Edited by trousers

Good to see one South coast club taking the cup competitions seriously...

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/guy-targets-cup-upset-1161343.aspx

I did spot a typo though....

That should read:

[/font][/color][/font][/color]

Message from my anti-virus when I clicked on your link: "We tested this page and blocked content from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites"

:D

vxXgAEAlZSoHzKO8v0AAAAASUVORK5CYII=

We tested this page and blocked content that comes from potentially dangerous or suspicious sites. Allow this content only if you’re sure it comes from safe sites.

Read more at http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/guy-targets-cup-upset-1161343.aspx#g7cZOj6PPWwowVmX.99

Nice one Granty

Shame as always that the antics of pcfc ALWAYS means some other poor sod gets screwed.

They nicked the Bin their lad uses to take the water to clean the loos.

The replacement they gave him didn't work so well

ml2h6a.jpg

Oh and archive footage recently found shows that despite all the bravado, pcfc were having money & plumbing issues when they had a backbone of Internationals in their squad.

The lads did seem to enjoy the after match bath facilities though

ornqmu.jpg

fa1e1ea4b49a59e6f2dff8365fa69f0a_normal.jpegSouthampton FC@SouthamptonFC

#SaintsFC will host @officialpompey, @StevenageFC or @bartonroversfc in the third round of this season’s #FAYouthCup. The first-round tie between Barton and Stevenage takes place tonight, with the winners travelling to Portsmouth in round two.

b7c5b79280c5a7923c6a5952560639a1_normal.jpegLuke Shaw@Luke_shaw3

What a draw that would be for the youth team, Pompey at st Mary's !

Edited by trousers

Out for a meal the other day I overheard from the other end of the table " .... it was a grand but at least I'm a part owner of my club ....."

I was about to poke my nose in with an " and you REALLY believe that ?!?!" when I realised I couldn't remember the exact details.

So in preparation for when I bump into the guy again, someone remind me what exactly it was the foolish few got (or didn't get) for their "investment" in the trust

Out for a meal the other day I overheard from the other end of the table " .... it was a grand but at least I'm a part owner of my club ....."

I was about to poke my nose in with an " and you REALLY believe that ?!?!" when I realised I couldn't remember the exact details.

So in preparation for when I bump into the guy again, someone remind me what exactly it was the foolish few got (or didn't get) for their "investment" in the trust

A certificate and a badge.

Oh and a slight reduction on season tickets.

A certificate and a badge.

Oh and a slight reduction on season tickets.

This. The fans aren't shareholders in the club.

That said, I've lost sight of who would be in receipt of the proceeds of any future sale. The high net worth chaps I assume?

I really think this thread has run its course. When was the last post on any "takeover" Yes there are comments on how it is currently being run by the Pompey Owners but I suspect that this thread is more an exclusive dialogue among a few mongs. Draw a line enjoy their demise and our rise and put this thread to rest.

Edited by Goalie66
spelling

mongs?

Nice touch.

when was the last post about the takeover?

Errr, six minutes earlier...

As was pointed out two years ago when a certain someone described everyone on here as nutjobs and said the thread was over, it has evolved into a news portal of all things Skate.

And before the pedant police arrive, I believe the takeover won't complete for approx another three or four years when the terms have been honoured - so technically this takeover is still ongoing, but a name change to the thread might be in order.

The other little thing that I do on this forum is, if I'm not interested in the subject, I tend not to look at the thread.

For instance, if we lose today and the mad people go bonkers, I'll not bother to look, let alone post.

Ditto for a discussion on the history of the doorstop or a debate about the different gear linkages on pre-war looms - if you aren't interested, just don't get involved. :)

I really think this thread has run its course. When was the last post on any "takeover" Yes there are comments on how it is currently being run by the Pompey Owners but I suspect that this thread is more an exclusive dialogue among a few mongs. Draw a line enjoy their demise and our rise and put this thread to rest.

I had originally deleted this post as I find the term highly offensive when it is used to try and put down individuals. Two things made me restore it 1) Rallyboy had taken the time to answer your point, which was reasonable apart from the use of the offensive word 2) hopefully you will have the decency to edit it.

mongs?

Nice touch.

As was pointed out two years ago when a certain someone described everyone on here as nutjobs and said the thread was over, it has evolved into a news portal of all things Skate.

And before the pedant police arrive, I believe the takeover won't complete for approx another three or four years when the terms have been honoured - so technically this takeover is still ongoing, but a name change to the thread might be in order.

The other little thing that I do on this forum is, if I'm not interested in the subject, I tend not to look at the thread.

For instance, if we lose today and the mad people go bonkers, I'll not bother to look, let alone post.

Ditto for a discussion on the history of the doorstop or a debate about the different gear linkages on pre-war looms - if you aren't interested, just don't get involved. :)

One hundred and eighteeeeeeeee!

Points well made and entirely valid - the entertainment value of this thread, however named, will (happily)sustain for years, as Rallyboy says, don't like it, don't read it - it works for me.

Do you really find the term mongs highly offensive?

Do you really find it inoffensive?

Do you know I have twin daughters with Trisomy 21 and I don't find the term either way. Hard work they may be but you couldn't meet two more loving little girls.

OH and to stray dangerously back on topic. They're losing 2-0 :mcinnes:

mongs?

Nice touch.

Portsmouth and honour in the same sentence...you worked hard to get that one in!

Well there goes our chance this year of giving them a good rogering in the 3rd round. It was a big ask of course, for the minnows to overcome a team who are giants compared to them. We'll have to console ourselves with looking at the top quarter of the PL table.

And for those strangers coming on here declaring that this epic thread is dead (again), and calling us names, sorry but we nutjobs are not going to pack it in that easily. We know that there are many more twists, turns and laughs still to come.

I remember that day well. :) And what happened directly after it, is the stuff of comic legends.

Might I propose: "Carry on Pompey"? ;)

The heartrending tale of a plucky, p*ss poor, corrupt, saggy-faced, despicable cheating c*nt of a small time, no-mark perennially bankrupt "football club" -- that is continually kicked in the teeth by an endless array of self-induced calamities - and remorselessly mocked, ridiculed, and satirized for the general amusement of its nearest and dearest rivals. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll want to smash Neil Allen in the face with a serially abused wet skate.*

* (don't worry about the skate - it has seen far more horrific things close-up already, but let's not go there right now).

Do you really find the term mongs highly offensive?

I don't personally find it 'offensive' - as I do not tend to take offense or take things personally.

I do however find it extremely sad, that a small handful of (apparently) grown men resort to such immaturity. It's pretty cringe-worthy.

Coming on here so often reminds me of my childhood, in the Middle School playgrounds of Southampton. The child-like name-calling, the petty squabbles - it's like I'm here with a bunch of old school mates who never actually 'grew up'. :lol:

It's quite amusing thinking how accurate that statement might actually be in some cases. :p

My apologies if anyone was offended by the term "mongs". This thread, in my opinion, is no longer a "takeover" thread but a Pompey bashing and "lets beat them up" gloat monologue. I watched Saints destroy Hull yesterday and was amused with the amusing chants on the theme of England and Brazil. Then there was the Will I be Pompey Will I be Saints chant. As my brother said to me, who gives a dam about that lot. We will never play them again in our lifetimes (unless we meet in the Cups).

Whether we like it or not They have been taken over and best of luck to them. Now for those of you who feed on their suffering and have relished over a thousand posts on the subject.. I say move on. As in all things in life they run their course. This thread has run is no longer "pompey Takeover" but "Pompey Move over"

Whether we like it or not They have been taken over and best of luck to them.

Err no.

As Rally was trying to point out to you, they haven't actually been taken over, officially. Just like buying a car on HP, they let you have the keys, they even let you have the V5, they even let you pay for the tax, insurance and servicing to pretend that you own it, but you try defaulting on the payments before you've paid it off in full and see who the real owner is!

The skates are exactly the same, they've promised to pay off all the legacy debts - well, when I say all, I mean the ones that they HAD to pay, obviously it's not ALL of them - but we've seen them make promises about paying money in the past and we all know how that turned out!

This 'saga' is not over until they've paid all the players the deferred money that they owe them and frankly once they have no parachute payments left and no income over the summer, things will undoubtedly start to unravel, just like they always do :D

you also have to understand that some of the bitterness that pours out on here is fuelled by living on the frontline and having to hear the deluded claims about dock strikes etc everyday.

With all due respect, I doubt that Woking is full of gobby Skates who refuse to accept the league tables as fact, and gob off about how rubbish Lambert/Lallanna is, how desperate England must be, and how they are the biggest team in Hampshire with the best support in world football.

That should be taken into account before sentencing nutjobs. :)

you also have to understand that some of the bitterness that pours out on here is fuelled by living on the frontline and having to hear the deluded claims about dock strikes etc everyday.

With all due respect, I doubt that Woking is full of gobby Skates who refuse to accept the league tables as fact, and gob off about how rubbish Lambert/Lallanna is, how desperate England must be, and how they are the biggest team in Hampshire with the best support in world football.

That should be taken into account before sentencing nutjobs. :)

True surrounded by plastics who support Chelsea !!!. I am from Southampton so I am aware of the bile that eminates from that sh*thole east of Bitterne. However, with all due respect,what you are describing is rivalry at best and pure hatred at worst. That happens between many clubs and we are not unique. However that "rivalry" has been around long before the "Takeover saga" and probably desrves a thread on its own.

Most clubs face uncertainties as to their financial future and we all could become victims of Rich playboys who tire of their toys or find that the launderette no longer works. If we continue to play the way we are playing it could be Chelsea that become our rivals . Now there is a thought?

Edited by Goalie66