Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

In my defence, Alex Jones!

Hysterically funny that the Skates got waterlogged, although does the yellow card for Bradley still count? Genuine question

Guy Whittingham unaware that Sonny Bradley's suspension after picking up a 5th booking will still count.

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1678936

I'd like to see him name Bradley in the team for Saturday! :D

:)

Neil Allen‏@pn_neil_allen5h

Nothing wrong with this pitch for tonight’s #Pompey game. And sunshine to accompany it! pic.twitter.com/DpGj2kJLFT

Update for Factless Neil

Birds Eye have expressed their thanks to Pompey's groundstaff

They trawled in 2 tonne of Skate from the centre circle, after half time.

So, Tesco's could be on a bigger winner than even they thought.

In reality, how many "free" tickets is it that they're going to have to give out? How many were sold, over and above ST holders? Probably not many, so it's a decent bit of cheap PR.

Edit - cheap positive PR that, to be fair, our club could do a bit more of.

Edited by Torres

I will leave it to the better informed but I think it is 60 mins

75 minutes is usually the cut off, but it's still up to the League's discretion.

Just wondering if anyone's seen the video going around from the back of the stand at Fratton on Tuesday?

Try http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152041048088455&set=vb.597993454&type=2&theater

Stick with it to the 1'20" when it starts getting amusing. That's gonna cost them...

:scared:

Edited by The9

At what point do they decide the result stands? Is it is if more than half the game has been played before its abandoned?

Always replayed, I believe. IIRC, a game between Swindon and Tranmere was abandoned with only a few minutes to go because of a floodlight failure and it still had to be replayed in full.

Always replayed, I believe. IIRC, a game between Swindon and Tranmere was abandoned with only a few minutes to go because of a floodlight failure and it still had to be replayed in full.

Law 7 of the Laws of the game is

"ABANDONED MATCH

An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules provide otherwise."

The FA rules also state:

"3 All matches shall be of ninety minutes’ duration. Any match not complying may be

ordered to stand as a completed match or replayed for the full period of ninety minutes, or the

match awarded to the Club not at fault, as the Board may decide, on such terms as the Board 46

shall decide. The half-time interval in all matches shall not exceed 15 minutes. "

League rules only mention who's got to tell whom what when a match is postponed, so presumably revert to the FA's regulations as above.

One more thing for the Skates to cry over, they aren't the bestest fans in the whole wide world. Not even the UK.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/pitchside-europe/celtic-only-british-club-top-10-world-football-173049791.html

But to be scrupulously fair, they're definitely in with shout for being the bestest on the Island of Dr Moreau

to be fair, I've never really been fully convinced by the 200 plucky people in a leaky shed is much better than 80,000 on tour argument.

If that little deluded myth about the 'greatest atmosphere in world football' was to quitely fade away it might just save them from further ridicule.

So I hope the few persist with the bestest tag!

A point at Torquay.

Nice.

Home draw against a fellow minnow please. They have a chance of winning that. Likewise in the second round. And then a rogering in the third round from today's 3rd placed team in the PL.

I 12-0 would look forward that.

Hmmm....after their hard won point against Torquay their confidence must be up as their future as a lower half league two team looks to be likely.

Home draw against a fellow minnow please. They have a chance of winning that. Likewise in the second round. And then a rogering in the third round from today's 3rd placed team in the PL.

I 12-0 would look forward that.

Yup, them drawing a minnow is the best outcome for us. It either increases our chances of playing them this season, and even if they lose, we get a good chuckle at their expense. Hopefully they draw St Albans City, their nickname is the Saints