Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Neil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen 5m

So to recap on busy day at #Pompey. In - Jervis (Uefa permitting). Loans out - Butler (Aldershot), Nick Awford and Harris (both Chelmsford).

Thought Harris was the next big thing? Or has that passed now?

So to conclude: Saints' best academy products in the first team in the top half of the PL and Pompey's best products loaned out to non-League.

“Fans can watch videos on our big screen and have food brought to their seat or enjoy the concourse TVs around the refreshment kiosks and buy their food the traditional way.”

Now I understand what the Storrie teller meant when he said about them going to a new level. But is it enough to take their minds off the cesspit they have to sit in, and the rubbish on the pitch in front of them?

“Fans can watch videos on our big screen and have food brought to their seat or enjoy the concourse TVs around the refreshment kiosks and buy their food the traditional way.”

Now I understand what the Storrie teller meant when he said about them going to a new level. But is it enough to take their minds off the cesspit they have to sit in, and the rubbish on the pitch in front of them?

Plucky blues hero Shaun Cooper says in this league you go to some places and they are rubbish stadiums with no fans. Then you come to us and there is a nice pitch, big stadium and loads of fans.

Rubbish stadiums? :o

Classy.

You are in that division on merit son.

And you should have started on minus ten, so it's no time to start disrespecting those clubs, some of which have already given you a right football lesson - and they haven't raped their local businesses.

Plucky blues hero Shaun Cooper says in this league you go to some places and they are rubbish stadiums with no fans. Then you come to us and there is a nice pitch, big stadium and loads of fans.

Classy.

And you should have started on minus ten, so it's no time to start disrespecting those clubs, some of which have already given you a right football lesson - and they haven't raped their local businesses.

Lol.

Let's see how rubbish these stadiums and pitches can get over the long wet winter!

I can already see the excuses being formulated ;)

Classy.

The really cr @ py stadiums even have to call of some games because of the weather.

Only at the small clubs though.

yeah because the away end at nottarfkrap offers fantastic views (many of them behind pillars and some below pitch level), tremendous toilet facilities (with running urine over your feet) and catering the envy of the world (warm' food unavailable by half time).

Smaller perhaps, but the facilities at Oxford, Plymouth and Chesterfield for example look state of the art compared to **** park.

Edited by Chez

yeah because the away end at nottarfkrap offers fantastic views (many of them behind pillars and some below pitch level), tremendous toilet facilities (with running urine over your feet) and catering the envy of the world (warm' food unavailable by half time).

Smaller perhaps, but the facilities at Oxford, Plymouth and Chesterfield for example look state of the art compared to **** park.

To be fair he's been quite careful just to say "big stadium" not "nice" or "great" or "state of the art" or any other obvious lie.

Classy.

He's got a point though, where else are you going to find culture like you do at this "big stadium"?

On page 23 in today's Daily Star it says at their game this weekend "Fans will be treated to extracts from his (Dickens) books read over the PA system at half-time".

Sarah Chiverton adds, "We want the fans to join in with a version of the chimes, which go: "Play on Dickens, Dickens play on"

Chardonnay, Mercedes and Kyle are going to just love it.

He's got a point though, where else are you going to find culture like you do at this "big stadium"?

On page 23 in today's Daily Star it says at their game this weekend "Fans will be treated to extracts from his (Dickens) books read over the PA system at half-time".

Sarah Chiverton adds, "We want the fans to join in with a version of the chimes, which go: "Play on Dickens, Dickens play on"

Chardonnay, Mercedes and Kyle are going to just love it.

What the Dickens are they on about

I must get round to posting my picture of the missing seat at FP, which collapsed under the (not very heavy) weight of our goal-keeper at the last women's international. I suppose I'll have to get a hosting account - ho hum..

So dodgy loos, leaky roof, collapsing seats, not to mention rubbish football. What's on the positive side of the equation?

I must get round to posting my picture of the missing seat at FP, which collapsed under the (not very heavy) weight of our goal-keeper at the last women's international. I suppose I'll have to get a hosting account - ho hum..

So dodgy loos, leaky roof, collapsing seats, not to mention rubbish football. What's on the positive side of the equation?

The local community raking in £300,000,000 a year?

Upload it to tinypic.com and it'll host it for you and even give you the URL to post here

I really do hope that they don't forget this one by Wilkins Micawber:-

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery."

I really do hope that they don't forget this one by Wilkins Micawber:-

"Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery."

We really do need like buttons on here.

:)

[h=4]Van der kevo[/h]2:27 PM on 05/11/2013

Unfortunately, thats the position we are in and will be for a while. Any half decent player could be off. It looks like Wallace, Bradley and N'Gala may leave come Jan or end of season, but chin up. Loyalty is a very rare characteristic these days, especially in football.

Loyalty didn't seem to matter two years ago when they were hounding and intimidating 'loyal' players to leave the club...

there he goes across the great divide - local hero Wallace is evolving gently into a greedy villain who they want to get shot of.

I'm sure that when he talks to Championship or League One clubs about a deal he will be devastated that a massive League Two club offloaded him.

Or are the facts of this transfer already being rewritten in advance to save time?

I'm not sure that the plucky midtable minnows have any say or control over what he does next, to pretend that they do is deluded.

Anybody see Pointless on BBC1 tonight when only 2 people remembered the skates beating Man U in the FA Cup(question which teams have knocked united out of the Cup in Ferguson's time). The fact that Southampton weren't in the list of pointless answers or even with one point means at least as many remember Saints being the first Premier league team to go through on penalties (Man U first to go out).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-24831779

It's a good job Portsmouth Football Club generates c.£300m for the local economy per year...

Not sure this is a suitable subject for point-scoring Trousers. Also, if I'm right, this is effectively the old Vospers jobs that are going isn't it? How many Southampton people went to work in Portsmouth when Vospers moved there? Portsmouth doesn't actually have much of a history of ship building in recent years prior to that, I think they've always been more in the maintenance line.

Not sure this is a suitable subject for point-scoring Trousers. Also, if I'm right, this is effectively the old Vospers jobs that are going isn't it? How many Southampton people went to work in Portsmouth when Vospers moved there? Portsmouth doesn't actually have much of a history of ship building in recent years prior to that, I think they've always been more in the maintenance line.

My neighbour works there now,he was at Vospers Woolston when the work was moved to Pompey. These jobs loses will affect Southampton and Portsmouth.

Edited by OVER THE HILL

It's the nasty Football League picking on pompey again!

Just like they did when they made them drop down a division when they didn't have many points, and when they horribly let them off a points penalty when all other similar clubs have been punished, and when they allowed them to trade insolvently so that they could launder more stolen money through wages that still haven't been paid, and when they allowed them to sign players during a transfer embargo, and when they turned a blind eye to blatant financial irregularities, and when they didn't investigate why the club had a a ghost owner, etc, etc.

Nasty Football League, why don't they pick on someone else for a change?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-seek-football-league-ruling-over-loan-pair-1-5656442

Just for once, can't they just accept rules is rules and live with it.

Wow, two players loaned out to a Conference South side, and they're so good that one didn't play and the other was a 2nd half sub in a 6-0 defeat!!! And this breaks on the same day we have 3 players named in the England squad with 2 more in the u-21's. :lol:

Focus on those permanently signed, yeah right!

if we are linking the two subjects, could I just point out that one Skate told me recently that Lambert is a just a lazy and overweight journeyman...

The other relevant conversation I recall was as I was coming out of fortress fatpipes after our 1-1 draw.

I ran into someone I vaguely know who smugly told me that we had no decent players.

I said what about Lallana?

His mate said he didn't know he was playing.

'He was the one who skinned your entire midfield, in alphabetical order, just in front of the dugout' I observed, waving them off to League Two, and bringing the conversation to a shuddering halt as the bloke obviously wasn't blessed with the IQ to sit the correct way on a toilet.

I'm sure they're really pleased with the look of the England squad.

And they claim to be football fans. :?