Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

2 - So, I freezed my nuts off in the Fratton End watching a poor quality stream with no audio (what happened to the promised commentary!?) with about 100 other fans - mostly kids.

According to the News: "Engagement manager Micah Hall estimates between 1,100 to 1,200 will need to attend to reach the break-even figure."

Only 1,000 - 1,100 short of the break even figure if the above is to be believed. Way to go skates!

This might well be a naive question but "is it legal to show a live stream in a public place" ??

By the sounds of it they used Wiziwig, Frontrow or similar so I'm not sure that is kosher !

Would be surprised of course if the Skates (knowingly?) broke the law !!

They will have got the rights - no doubt that's why they needed to sell so many tickets to break even. I remember going to The Dell to watch Charlton v Saints on a live TV feed. We had an even worse performance. Best moment was David Howells pulling off a great save, and the ref giving a goal kick.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I assume the "Engagement Manager" obtained his ticket in the stick-your-hand-in-the-bin-athon last week, rather than use the position he's wormed himself into at the club to get a freebie? All in it together like a true community club, after all...

Also, wasn't Hall one of the main protagonists whinging like **** when Jordan Sibley had a laugh at Pompey's expense on Twitter a year or two ago and demanded either an apology or his head on a spike? Rather odd that he's happy to spout that nonsense in that case.

Those twitter comments really are embarrassing - how unprofessional is that , the whole "project" is falling apart

It's part of the fun seeing how self important they still are when all they have achieved is the fate of permanent mediocrity for their beloved club.

Jed Wallace:"The dressing room walls were thin and we could hear them celebrating. It’s a good scalp for them, but we’re hurting."

:lol:

The delusion. They were probably laughing because they scored their fourth goal after their own keeper was doing kick-ups in his own box then when he aimlessly hoofed it forward it ended up with their striker clean through on goal :lol:

:lol:

The delusion. They were probably laughing because they scored their fourth goal after their own keeper was doing kick-ups in his own box then when he aimlessly hoofed it forward it ended up with their striker clean through on goal :lol:

I listened to it on the radio and couldn't stop laughing.

Tnx for the LOLs skates :D

OK own up, which one of you was responsible for this cheap shot:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/dons-inflict-new-low-on-pompey-1-5687017

yellow submarine

6:07 PM on 16/11/2013

were the joke club of the south Bournemouth saints brighton Yeovil no one can do any worse than us we should all wear clown outfits at the next home game cause that's what we are

I don't know much about twitter but are those Micah Hall tweets genuine or a spoof account. Surely someone in his position should be above some of those comments, classless. Also, he should be able to afford his legal fees, a man of his means could raise £25k fairly easily opposed to getting out the begging bowl to the masses.

I don't know much about twitter but are those Micah Hall tweets genuine or a spoof account. Surely someone in his position should be above some of those comments, classless. Also, he should be able to afford his legal fees, a man of his means could raise £25k fairly easily opposed to getting out the begging bowl to the masses.

Nope, as crazy as it seems that is not a parody account!

If I was on twitter id ask him this. In your lifetime how many times have you seen pompey finish above Saints. I have a 52 year old skate mate and he shuts up after answering 7 seasons.

Someone down that way needs to watch their back:

" The trouble is we cant keep harping on about our past glories. Its like Nero fiddling while Rome burns. Rome was once a mighty empire. But

Football is about the the here and the now. I dont go to Fratton to reminisce about our FA Cup victory. I want to go and see a well run club

(fail) play decent football (fail) and dream about success(fail),

I know this is going to be painful but can you see us being in the same position as the scummers in a couple of years time cos I cant. My beloved club is a shambles and the sooner we wake up and do something about it the better. We cannot rely on delusional idiots like the "Trust" to save us."

Slight aside, but just been reading the new Secret Footballer book and it looks likely it is Dave Kitson. On that basis, there's some insight into life at Pompey, the wage deferrals and the SOS Pompey training ground picket, cotterill's departure, abuse from Skates on his return to FP etc.

All good stuff if you can join the dots. Also a good story involving a Sunseeker that seems to involve a few of our players from the Strachan era

Another myth, that Pompey had a WWI Pals battalion.

I've read more than 100 books on The Great War and nowhere does it mention the Pompey Pals.

They've simply appropriated the Hampshire Regiment, and decided unilaterally that it consisted wholly of cannon fodder from the Septic Isle and decided it was the Pompey Pals in the hope that if they keep telling this lie enough, people will eventually believe it.

My paternal grandmother lost her first husband in the WWI trenches and he served in the Hampshire Regiment and was from Southampton.

Recently on Bbc south or Meridian they did a piece on the Portsmouth/Pompey pals battalion and so I suspect there was one. I am not going to deride the Pompey lads who gave their lives just because they came from. Pompey, brave people. I think it was pointed out on the other site that many of the Southampton people were on the merchant ships, now that was a lot braver than being stationed at Haslar or on many of the warships that were well protected.

11 Portsmouth men were killed on the first day of Third Ypres. Seven of them were fighting with the 1st Portsmouth Pals, more properly known as the 14th Battalion of the Hampshire Regiment

There were at least a further 13 battalions?

I thought portsmouth fought all alone out there?

Though I feel dirty even addressing this latest myth about all Southampton men being cowards during wartime - it is the work of the most bitter, deluded and mentally ill, and shames the club that these few but vocal social misfits attach themselves to.

Right up there with the SS tank commander tripe.

God knows what they teach as history down there.

As for Twitter.

Could I politely suggest that a senior club official abusing rival supporters on social media is unprofessional in the extreme.

Mr McInnes may be a bit of a character but I haven't seen him slagging off other clubs so I tend to take it easy on him.

Ditto the likes of Farmery.

But as Mr Hall has climbed into the ring and fired the first salvo it is now open season.

Perhaps he's already forgotten the last time that he got all gobby online.

How's the begging going?

Managing to fit it in with the cosy role as a little puppet for the Trust?

Dance little puppet boy dance.

11 Portsmouth men were killed on the first day of Third Ypres. Seven of them were fighting with the 1st Portsmouth Pals, more properly known as the 14th Battalion of the Hampshire Regiment

There were at least a further 13 battalions?

I thought portsmouth fought all alone out there?

Though I feel dirty even addressing this latest myth about all Southampton men being cowards during wartime - it is the work of the most bitter, deluded and mentally ill, and shames the club that these few but vocal social misfits attach themselves to.

Right up there with the SS tank commander tripe.

God knows what they teach as history down there.

As for Twitter.

Could I politely suggest that a senior club official abusing rival supporters on social media is unprofessional in the extreme.

Mr McInnes may be a bit of a character but I haven't seen him slagging off other clubs so I tend to take it easy on him.

Ditto the likes of Farmery.

But as Mr Hall has climbed into the ring and fired the first salvo it is now open season.

Perhaps he's already forgotten the last time that he got all gobby online.

How's the begging going?

Managing to fit it in with the cosy role as a little puppet for the Trust?

Dance little puppet boy dance.

Hall is a joke. He epitomises how small time they have become.

Poor old Whitts and his brave plucky troops are taking a bashing on POL, the villain-herometer is swinging wildly

Match ffs , here comes my Zippo !

We CAN afford to sack guy , oh yeah and macca (he seems to be getting away Scot free )

BUT

You can poke Warnock where the sun don't shine , he wouldn't work to budget he'd blame everyone from the ref to the fact we have no fratton end clock for losses he's hes a norvern ***** ! He's had his chances to come here and didn't want to know fuk him .......

Personally id give the current management team until Xmas then make any decisions

Id also fuk ertl and devera off to wherever they came from, even god with Fergie as number 2 couldn't make that pair footballers in this league !

That's my opinion !

I kept put of it last night because my daughter and grandaughter were abused at Wimbledon yesterday by pompey fans and I wanted to kill people , im a tad calmer today , but can'tnt promise anything if I see the caaant next Saturday

Fukin Danny dyer wannabes innit , we'll see who they are gonna knock out next Saturday ! I may even get my cage fighting son in law a ticket ! Lol

Corp/Banker is talking about splashing the cash 'theres clearly money available' LOL

An acquaintance of mine is AFC Wimbledon's resident hack - here's what he wrote about the blue few after the game:

"Them: Portsmouth were one of my least favourite clubs growing up in the Plough Lane days, and they definitely had that air that Luton did in the Conference You know, the high and mighty attitude, the what-the-****-are-we-doing-here-in-this-****hole-Wimbledon-are-crap-it’s-their-cup-final mentality no doubt many of you came across yesterday.

Here’s why Pompey are playing **** teams like us : it’s because they spunked every penny up the wall and welched every time they had to pay it. In truth, they’re lucky to still be around, let alone be in the Football League.

And I won’t get into the press facilities at Fratton Park…

Still, it’s a shame that World Cup winner, former Pompey boss and ginger pubed tosser Alan Ball isn’t still around, as I wonder if he would have really stuck his head around the dressing room door yesterday and squeaked about “here endeth the first lesson”, as he allegedly did in the 80s?

Not that anyone would have understood him, bar the residents of Battersea Dogs Home.

As for Pompey in 2013, they really aren’t very good. One of the worst teams your editor has seen play us this season, and perhaps going to the Conference isn’t so far fetched for them?

They’re also “fan owned”, although interestingly it seems that they have a certain percentage of non-fan ownership that shouldn’t (in theory) cripple them. Which may not go down well with some of our fans, but any side looking to go down supporter-ownership routes – usually because things have gone pearshaped – would be wise to look at their model rather than ours.

Of course, this being Pompey, they’re bound to have yet another financial crisis before long. And no doubt they’ll try and wriggle their way out of that, too.

To be fair to Connolly and Wu-Tang, they seemed appreciative of the applause beforehand, and one wonders what they really thought of the events up to and including 28/5/02? Though I accept that the vast majority of footballers say what they’re told to say, and as such I can dismiss any ill-judged comment made by any player back then.

They had a trumpet player who was consistently out of tune – so bad it was almost funny. Oh, and it was also very funny sitting in front of the away directors and seeing one of them getting very, ahem, animated…"

Poor old Whitts and his brave plucky troops are taking a bashing on POL, the villain-herometer is swinging wildly

Corp/Banker is talking about splashing the cash 'theres clearly money available' LOL

You _are_ joking, surely? Or he is, perhaps, as he was always a joker when he came on here.

Debtors are people or companies that owe THEM money (hence my earlier confusion as to what could account for them being owed so much). The former players are creditors. Well, that's my understanding of corporate finances in a nutshell...I could be completely wrong of course :)

Doh. Seemed like the only way that kind of money could appear in the accounts of a L2 side.

In that case is it the Parachutes due?

Slight aside, but just been reading the new Secret Footballer book and it looks likely it is Dave Kitson. On that basis, there's some insight into life at Pompey, the wage deferrals and the SOS Pompey training ground picket, cotterill's departure, abuse from Skates on his return to FP etc.

All good stuff if you can join the dots. Also a good story involving a Sunseeker that seems to involve a few of our players from the Strachan era

I've just started reading that, very clearly about Pompey, so it must be him. They don't come out of it looking good, including the fans.

An acquaintance of mine is AFC Wimbledon's resident hack - here's what he wrote about the blue few after the game:

Here’s why Pompey are playing **** teams like us : it’s because they spunked every penny up the wall and welched every time they had to pay it. In truth, they’re lucky to still be around, let alone be in the Football League.

They had a trumpet player who was consistently out of tune – so bad it was almost funny. Oh, and it was also very funny sitting in front of the away directors and seeing one of them getting very, ahem, animated…"

:mcinnes:

Do you think champagne iain had been soaking it all up again?

A dispute over the bill?

You _are_ joking, surely? Or he is, perhaps, as he was always a joker when he came on here.

If we can afford to bring in more players like Racon, N'Gala, Mahon etc then there's money available which must mean we could afford to pay compensation for a manager who's already at another club.

Mart, it seems to have escaped your notice that your stance in this is as repetitive as those who don't rate GW ;)

At the start of the season I expected us to be pushing for the playoffs but probably fall short. But that was before we brought in the players we did who I now think should put us easily into the play off positions and possibly automatic promotion. Never thought we'd run away with the league and don't think we would with a change of managers but if we brought in someone experienced with a decent record I'm convinced we'd be top 7 come the end of the season

And here is a gem from another poster on the 'Sack Whittingham' thread

Woke up hoping that I'd come down to the news he'd quit or been booted out. Guess we'll all have to wait during the week.

Reasons why Whittingham needs to be sacked immediately.

Resigning Johnny Ertl

Giving him a 3 year contract

Making him captain

The last 60 minutes of the Oxford game

Sullivan

Accrington

Second half against Morecambe

Letting Mansfield get all over us in the second half

Goalkeeper and defender going for the same ball leading to Mansfield's equaliser

Inability to beat a ***** Torquay side in 90 minutes in the JPT

Cheltenham equalising in the 90th minute and then only being saved by the linesman to get us a draw

All these fricking red cards, Ertl, Connolly, Moutakil, Mahon, lack of discipline

York City

Moutakil ******* up against Plymouth

Not going for it in the second half against a poor Plymouth team at the time

Poor display vs Bury

Allowing Torquay to score from kick off

Only coming away from Torquay with a point

Bringing Ertl on against Exeter

Last 15 minutes against Exeter, 3-0 up to 3-2 in 10 minutes. Thats Whittingham for you

Playing Mahon and Ertl in the same midfield two against Stevenage

Bondz N'Gala and Carson going for the same ball against Newport

The rest of the Newport match

Losing 4-0 to Wimbledon yesterday

Barely creating any chances against one of the lower teams in the division

Shambolic defending all season

Defensive set pieces

Defending

Failure to appoint a defensive coach

Playing Devera at left back

Losing the dressing room

I understand some of the points are player related but it all starts from the top and Whittingham is to blame for this, I've never known a team to conceed so many goals from horrific defensive errors. He is not fit to manage a football team.

The Board, I understand the majority of you are are new to all this but by allowing this to continue you are only hurting yourselves. You made the big mistake of going for the cheap sentimental option and we all wanted it to work. By the end of September it clearly wasn't working, you stuck by him. 3 defeats in a week, conceeding 9 goals in the process and scoring just one goal.

Yes it will cost you to sack him but you owe the fans this, you wanted us to buy season tickets, buy the home shirt from a stall in the car park, we did all of that. Now do the simple and right thing and call a meeting for tomorrow morning.

And to the people who are saying the money would be spent wiser on better players, what so he can mismanage them aswell? Clueless.

SHALALA

:mcinnes:

Doh. Seemed like the only way that kind of money could appear in the accounts of a L2 side.

In that case is it the Parachutes due?

That, and probably a portion of season ticket money. I'd expect whoever they're using to process credit card payments will continue to release the funds pro-rata until they've demonstrated a culture of paying their debts as and when they fall due. Likewise with the finance company used for any sort of payment plan.

"Them: Portsmouth were one of my least favourite clubs growing up in the Plough Lane days, and they definitely had that air that Luton did in the Conference You know, the high and mighty attitude, the what-the-****-are-we-doing-here-in-this-****hole-Wimbledon-are-crap-it’s-their-cup-final mentality no doubt many of you came across yesterday.

And I won’t get into the press facilities at Fratton Park…

Still, it’s a shame that World Cup winner, former Pompey boss and ginger pubed tosser Alan Ball isn’t still around, as I wonder if he would have really stuck his head around the dressing room door yesterday and squeaked about “here endeth the first lesson”, as he allegedly did in the 80s?

Not that anyone would have understood him, bar the residents of Battersea Dogs Home.

As for Pompey in 2013, they really aren’t very good. One of the worst teams your editor has seen play us this season, and perhaps going to the Conference isn’t so far fetched for them?

They’re also “fan owned”, although interestingly it seems that they have a certain percentage of non-fan ownership that shouldn’t (in theory) cripple them. Which may not go down well with some of our fans, but any side looking to go down supporter-ownership routes – usually because things have gone pearshaped – would be wise to look at their model rather than ours.

Of course, this being Pompey, they’re bound to have yet another financial crisis before long. And no doubt they’ll try and wriggle their way out of that, too.

To be fair to Connolly and Wu-Tang, they seemed appreciative of the applause beforehand, and one wonders what they really thought of the events up to and including 28/5/02? Though I accept that the vast majority of footballers say what they’re told to say, and as such I can dismiss any ill-judged comment made by any player back then.

Sounds like cvnt going on about Alan Ball (rip) like that.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})