Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

We were definitely kept back a while, that's why Beasant came out and told us all jokes. Was dodgy afterwards, police lined the street for about 50 yards then there was none and it was just a free for all. I remember a big bunch of skates jumping out and steaming us from behind a petrol station.

I have been reliably informed by my co-attendee that we were indeed kept back - I remember all the missiles, front and back, didn't remember being there after they'd cleared the pitch, but do remember being VERY late to the rendezvous at the car and hiding behind a wall/shrub thing.

Got to say that is a riveting post from you. Well done, as always.

I think you are not familiar with the "crazy quest" non fiction genre pioneered by the likes of Gorman, Hawks and Wallace. Can't say I am a massive fan but at I get the concept.

All written and popularised in the early 2000s, and therefore a concept which is a good 10 years too late. Almost like Pompey fans thinking there may be some kind of funding issue at "their" club.

Lads and lasses, fellow nut-jobbers, I think you're going to enjoy reading this :smug:

Oh Porky Penny, you do make us chuckle!

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/portsmouth-mp-claims-back-4-soap-on-expenses-1-5699877

You can't blame her for buying some soap to cleanse herself after shaking hands / flippers / fins with fans* (*worlds bestest TM) keen to show their appreciation at her basically coercing Skatesmuff Council into approving the club saving loan. Surprised she didn't put in a claim for antiseptic mouthwash as well (and for some knee pads) used in the coercing. Avram must be p!ssed off he left so soon.

I have been reliably informed by my co-attendee that we were indeed kept back - I remember all the missiles, front and back, didn't remember being there after they'd cleared the pitch, but do remember being VERY late to the rendezvous at the car and hiding behind a wall/shrub thing.

We were indeed. We eventually got out and by smiling sweetly at the coppers I managed to get away from the herding down towards the station, which is just as well as I live to the East and my car was parked appropriately. Needless to say I'm not the colours wearing type but still felt a bit nervous as I walked down the back alley.

Lads and lasses, fellow nut-jobbers, I think you're going to enjoy reading this :smug:

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/local/portsmouth-mp-claims-back-4-soap-on-expenses-1-5699877

I will leave the jokes to you lot...............

Meanwhile, Portsmouth South MP Mike Hancock paid and got back £236.55 for a paper shredder service he uses at his office in Albert Road, Southsea

Good to see there is a high standard of literacy maintained n the skatesmouth island:

Councillor John Ferrett dislikes anyone or anything connected with Portsmouth FC as Penny Mordaunt helped to save the football club he has like he has done many times have to put the boot in , just look through old Portsmouth News articles concerning Portsmouth FC important issues he is their !

May come as no surprise that this particular illiterate skate uses the pseudonym of "PORTSMOUTH SAVED 20 4 13 PUP".

They must be mistaken, the Snooze that is; I mean, I read the following...

"Boos rang out on the final whistle, along with chants of ‘that was embarrassing’, on another day to forget for the Blues."

Boos? no, surely this can't be true, they never boo their OWN players/heros/villans do they?

When struggling visitors with no manager outplay you at home, even the most ardent Whittingham fan must be wondering about the future.

I was expecting a 3-0 home win that would have kept him in work until Feb, but things look dismal.

How long before Connolly and the keeping coach take control?

I see the packed fortress of fat is starting to show gaps as well.

For those people who are disappointed that Saints didn't go top today, there's always someone worse off.

And then there is pompey.

It feels cruel to mock.

Anyone still feel that despite lack of official sanctions and leniency by both courts and the FL, they haven't been punished yet?

Look at that league table.

Another couple of defeats and they are set for another year in the basement.

Feel sorry for Whittingham.

Why?

Because he has always struck me as a fairly decent enough bloke, seeking to help the club where he made his name etc.

But like Stuart Gray, and Wigley with us, he is foisted into a thankless job, which he accepts out of loyalty, but is clearly not up to it.

The high nett worth must be starting to get edgy, whilst the crowds are staying admirably high (14k) yesterday, although they are watching cup finals every time, the thought that they may well be staying in this league will send shivers down the spine. The likely hood of the crowds keeping to that level are unlikely next season. Promotion I assume is a must to keep in line for the financial planning. They still could get to the play off places if they go on a decent run, a new manager would be needed for that to happen though

I can't see them going on a decent run - they are in the lower reaches of the league on merit. Change the manager - more of the same i reckon.

Reading one of their forums for a bit of amusement last week, any many wanted Colin W^nker to be installed.

Quite deserving of each other really.

When struggling visitors with no manager outplay you at home, even the most ardent Whittingham fan must be wondering about the future.

I was expecting a 3-0 home win that would have kept him in work until Feb, but things look dismal.

How long before Connolly and the keeping coach take control?

I see the packed fortress of fat is starting to show gaps as well.

For those people who are disappointed that Saints didn't go top today, there's always someone worse off.

And then there is pompey.

It feels cruel to mock.

Anyone still feel that despite lack of official sanctions and leniency by both courts and the FL, they haven't been punished yet?

Look at that league table.

Another couple of defeats and they are set for another year in the basement.

Maybe I am an unreasonably cruel man, but yes I still feel they haven't been sufficiently punished yet.

Not one single points deduction actually hurt them. Had the minus 10 they received, after already being relegated, last season been carried over to this one - putting them bottom of the 4th division - I might have felt differently (but would probably be saying it should have been at least -17).

Some new organisation has popped up out of the woodwork - it looks like the Sellar Property Group have established a 2 foot wide ransom strip across an access to Fratton Park and blocked it with a closed gate.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/gate-remains-closed-to-fans-at-fratton-park-1-5700705

It makes you wonder who is involved with Sellar and what is the motive?

Some new organisation has popped up out of the woodwork - it looks like the Sellar Property Group have established a 2 foot wide ransom strip across an access to Fratton Park and blocked it with a closed gate.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/gate-remains-closed-to-fans-at-fratton-park-1-5700705

'it is in all interests they do so' I don't think it matters to Sellars if the access is open, in fact I suspect it will cost them money to do so as their insurance would be higher,due to the risk of fans claiming injury on their land

If I was guessing, revenge.

http://www.propertyweek.com/portsmouth-fc-delays-sellar-stadium-kick-off/3137055.article

This is a call for the infamous snooze picture to be posted with someone highlighting this ransom strip that is owned by the Pink Panther :)

It's odd that it was never included in the original article, but I guess the signs have been there for many years with the factless one :D

Amazing to think that the Poopey bowl is now symbolised by a 4ft blue fence.

http://www.dezeen.com/2007/04/27/portsmouth-fc-by-herzog-de-meuron/

FPMSFLROFLMFAO

That first season a total of almost 161,000 watched the home matches, but after visiting clubs had been paid gate receipts totalled £4,596 and the operating loss was £875.

Pompey football club, making a loss since 1899, leopards, spots etc...

One for all you Nutjobs out there. Care to guess who is Marketing Manager of Pompey Gate (Sellar Properties)?

David Deacon... This ties the saga back pre Manda*****.

It would also appear there was a dispute over a Shard of land (see what I did there?) in 2003 between the two parties which ended up in court.

They must be mistaken, the Snooze that is; I mean, I read the following...

"Boos rang out on the final whistle, along with chants of ‘that was embarrassing’, on another day to forget for the Blues."

Boos? no, surely this can't be true, they never boo their OWN players/heros/villans do they?

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-unable-to-iron-out-woes-1-5703037

Oh, now THAT is just brilliant...I think I'm more inclined to think that perhaps the league thought they' be worse off with a eath of a thousand cuts as this is the last year of the para payments right.

Besides, they must have gotten that wrong, that had to be St. Mary's surely moosh? :mcinnes:

@pn_neil_allen: Some wonderful comments on here tonight about #Pompey v AC Milan. Not quite so on The News’ website though….. http://t.co/kAuYwgwMeG

@RussUnderhill: @pn_neil_allen Haha that's brilliant, you'd think their Saturday nights would be a bit less sad

@pn_neil_allen: @RussUnderhill Tragic really. What an obsession to have.

on November 27, 2008, Channel 5 opened the curtains for the world to witness one of the outstanding performances by football fans of an English club in Europe.

:mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

Loved the following comment in that design article, also note the spelling etc :lol:

Ben Arent

• 7 years ago

Come on Pompey, I think this will finally settle the Pompey Vi Southampton Argument. I am local to Portsmoth,

It shall be very interesting to see what the new stadium will do for the area. A lot of Urban renewal has happened

in the last 5 years, I just hope that the rest of portsmoth will take note and get up to date.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})