Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

pompeyCHRIS84, brighton, 20 minutes ago

Absolute legend. Stuck by us when we were on our knees. Will remain at pfc and a legend as a player. Neil warnock has already stated his desire to manage our great club. Even said he'd do it for free. Who ever it is I hope the board make the right decision to guide the club in the right direction.

:lol:

So peeps with access to gambling sites.

What's the odds on Micah Hall becoming the next manager. Or his Cousin. or Uncle. Or Sister's husband, oh no that'll be Micah

Team news will be posted on Facebook.

Special offer the new poopey Team Talk App. Write your Teamtalk now for only 2 quid a msg.

THE poopey family

Wonder what that'll cost them?

Pompey? Fully settle previous contracts...? :lol:

Just keep an eye out for the "Whittingham: 'I didn't demand full payment because I didn't want to bring down the bestest fan owned club in the world" headline coming to a local rag near you soon...

Edited by trousers

I've been listening to talksport for best part of an hour and they haven't mentioned the sacking yet. Surely this is the biggest football news of the evening? Can't believe there isn't wall to wall coverage for such a massive story at the biggest fan owned club in the world

GW's nipper ain't happy...

@alfywhittingham: Talk about ****ing loyalty to a man who has stuck with the club for 5 years through so much. ****ing ****take.

Sounds like good potential there for spilling the beans on the current regime then... Is it too early to dig out the PTS popcorn animated GIFs yet...?

Richard Barker now showing as favourite (the manager Catlin appointed when he was at Bury).

Why would he want to leave a progressive mid-table team in League One for Pompey though? Ah, hang on, I forgot the allure of managing such a massive club with the bestest fans in the world!

Some guy call Bucks Blue on the News site:

I think we'll be surprised how many good, out of work managers will be interested in this job. Hopefully some will be more happy working for what we can afford to pay, than sat at home or doing pundit work...have a look at League Managers Association web-site...what about Danny Wilson - two promotions, LDV trophy, numerous MOTM awards, most of managerial career spent in lower divisions and rarely out of work in 20yrs. Bristol City, Swindon, MK Dons at least show a willingness to come South. 41% win ratio - and 52% in his last job. Or Stuart Pearce, Tony Mowbray...George Burley, ian Dowie, Paul Sturrock or Glenn Hoddle if we don't mind their previous...Kevin Blackwell, Ray Wilkins, Gerry Francis...we will not be lacking in good quality applicants.

S******!

I think we'll be surprised how many good, out of work managers will be interested in this job. Hopefully some will be more happy working for what we can afford to pay, than sat at home or doing pundit work...have a look at League Managers Association web-site...what about Danny Wilson - two promotions, LDV trophy, numerous MOTM awards, most of managerial career spent in lower divisions and rarely out of work in 20yrs. Bristol City, Swindon, MK Dons at least show a willingness to come South. 41% win ratio - and 52% in his last job. Or Stuart Pearce, Tony Mowbray...George Burley, ian Dowie, Paul Sturrock or Glenn Hoddle if we don't mind their previous...Kevin Blackwell, Ray Wilkins, Gerry Francis...we will not be lacking in good quality applicants.

S******!

There is going to be such a scramble from those out of work managers to take on the job of a lifetime.... and this bloke missed off the list Kevin Keegan, Sven Goran Ericsson and Roberto di Matteo. I bet they cannot wait.

Edited by Tamesaint

S******!

Well you have to admire his optimism........poor, deluded cock !

Will they ever get it, they are a nothing club now and will be for a good while !

Feel a bit sorry for Whittingham. As you would expect of a former serving soldier, he was level-headed, pragmatic, realistic and never up his own backside.

He was prepared to work for a low salary and should have been perfect for their predicament, but they are so delusional.

Managers of the calibre they are talking about will not want to work there as long as they have got holes in their backsides. These guys are used to working with chairmen who can give them instant decisions, not a bubbly-soaked figurehead of a social experiment who has to consult his co-owners to get permission to buy a bag of toffees.

As for Whittingham, has anybody had more qualifications for hero status? This was a bloke who bought himself out the army for £450 to play for them as they had so little faith in his ability that they didn't want to risk the price of a Champgane Iain round of drinks.

As Corporal Punishment his goals almost got them promotion and fired them to an FA Cup final.

He became villainous when he went to try his luck in the top flight, but then became a hero again when he returned to manage them in their hour of need.

But memories are short on the Septic Isle, and because he had the temerity to lose a few games with a squad assembled from footballing pawn shops, his former hero status means nothing, and he is a bigger villain than Harold Shipman at a pensioners' club.

The amusing thing is that Whittingham had assembled his players by the end of June as a knee jerk reaction to the ill fated previous two pre-seasons. With the full backing of McInnes and co.

If Whitts had waited a bit longer, like virtually all other L2 clubs who change the playing make up each summer, Pompey wouldn't have committed one year contracts to many of the gash players the new manager is stuck with for the rest of the season.

I love this thread. It has far to go! :smug:

The amusing thing is that Whittingham had assembled his players by the end of June as a knee jerk reaction to the ill fated previous two pre-seasons. With the full backing of McInnes and co.

If Whitts had waited a bit longer, like virtually all other L2 clubs who change the playing make up each summer, Pompey wouldn't have committed one year contracts to many of the gash players the new manager is stuck with for the rest of the season.

I love this thread. It has far to go! :smug:

Yet again, reports of this thread's death have been greatly exaggerated.

Feel a bit sorry for Whittingham. As you would expect of a former serving soldier, he was level-headed, pragmatic, realistic and never up his own backside.

He was prepared to work for a low salary and should have been perfect for their predicament, but they are so delusional.

Managers of the calibre they are talking about will not want to work there as long as they have got holes in their backsides. These guys are used to working with chairmen who can give them instant decisions, not a bubbly-soaked figurehead of a social experiment who has to consult his co-owners to get permission to buy a bag of toffees.

As for Whittingham, has anybody had more qualifications for hero status? This was a bloke who bought himself out the army for £450 to play for them as they had so little faith in his ability that they didn't want to risk the price of a Champgane Iain round of drinks.

As Corporal Punishment his goals almost got them promotion and fired them to an FA Cup final.

He became villainous when he went to try his luck in the top flight, but then became a hero again when he returned to manage them in their hour of need.

But memories are short on the Septic Isle, and because he had the temerity to lose a few games with a squad assembled from footballing pawn shops, his former hero status means nothing, and he is a bigger villain than Harold Shipman at a pensioners' club.

love that "bubbly-soaked figurehead of a social experiment" line - you must have had a fine English teacher.

I can't gloat over Pompey, I know how close we came to being bought by a bunch of wide boys.

They are getting good crowds and an inspired managerial appointment at this point might see them rise quickly. They have a loyal fanbase.

Have the club been punished for what they did? Nope. Any criminal charges? Nope. That's more of a concern to me. How much did individuals in and around the club manage to steal? Was it 60 million or 100 million?

http://www.betvictor.com/sports/en/football-specials/manager-specials/coupons/982100/126456098/445915700/0/0/PE/0/0/0/0/0

Next Permanent Portsmouth Manager

23:59 Sat 01 Feb

Next Permanent Portsmouth Manager

Manager Specials - Next Permanent Portsmouth Manager - Outright - Specials

Richard Barker6/4

Martin Allen2/1

Neil Warnock8/1

Mikey Harris10/1

Michael Appleton16/1

Andy Awford 20/1

Steve Cotterill20/1

Gary Megson25/1

Alan McLoughlin33/1

Danny Wilson33/1

Gary Rowett33/1

Ian Holloway40/1

Paolo Di Canio40/1

Dean Saunders50/1

Chris Sutton66/1

Dave Penny66/1

David OLeary66/1

David Connolly66/1

David Unsworth66/1

David Weir66/1

Dereck Mcinness66/1

George Burley66/1

Justin Edinburgh66/1

Neil Cox66/1

Nick Barmby66/1

Steve Housham66/1

Dean Holdsworth66/1

Adam Murray66/1

Aidy Boothroyd66/1

Alan Curbishley66/1

Alan Irvine66/1

Alan Knill66/1

Alan Shearer66/1

Alex McLeish66/1

Andy Liddell66/1

Andy Morrell66/1

Andy Ritchie66/1

Andy Thorn66/1

Brian Horton66/1

Chris Turner66/1

Colin Cameron66/1

Craig Bellamy66/1

Craig Levein66/1

Dean Kiely66/1

Dean Windass66/1

Dennis Wise66/1

Dion Dublin66/1

Eddie Newton66/1

Eric Black66/1

Gary Locke66/1

Gary Mcallister66/1

Glen Roeder66/1

Glenn Hoddle66/1

Glynn Hodges66/1

Glynn Snodin66/1

Graeme Jones66/1

Henning Berg66/1

Iain Dowie66/1

Ian Bogie66/1

John Coleman66/1

John Hartson66/1

John Hughes66/1

John Pemberton66/1

Keith Curle66/1

Kenny Shiels66/1

Kevin Macdonald66/1

Lee Carsley66/1

Liam Daish66/1

Mark Lillis66/1

Mark Proctor66/1

Mark Stimpson66/1

Mark Venus66/1

Mick Wadsworth66/1

Micky Adams66/1

Micky Mellon66/1

Neil Redfearn66/1

Nicky Butt66/1

Noel Whelan66/1

Pat Fenlon66/1

Paul Hart66/1

Paul Jewell66/1

Paul Simpson66/1

Paul Sturrock66/1

Paul Tisdale66/1

Paul Trollope66/1

Peter Beagrie66/1

Peter Grant66/1

Peter Houston66/1

Peter Schmeichel66/1

Richard Money66/1

Rob Scott66/1

Sammy Lee66/1

Shaun Goater66/1

Steve Davis (either)66/1

Terry OConnor66/1

Hope Powell100/1

Jimmy Calderwood100/1

Kevin Blackwell100/1

Mike Phelan100/1

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer100/1

Paul Scholes100/1

Peter Jackson100/1

Peter Reid100/1

Phil Brown100/1

Stale Solbakken100/1

Steve Kean100/1

Steve Staunton100/1

Stuart Pearce100/1

Graham Souness200/1

Harry Redknapp200/1

I've been listening to talksport for best part of an hour and they haven't mentioned the sacking yet. Surely this is the biggest football news of the evening? Can't believe there isn't wall to wall coverage for such a massive story at the biggest fan owned club in the world

Sky Sports purchased exclusive rights to the story for £3million. Nobody else is allowed to mention it for 4 weeks. They reckon they'll pick up at least 250,000 new subscribers from the Southsea area alone.

nice one GWC - and always good to see the mobility scooter woman as well.

Glad she made it through last winter.

Connolly at same odds as Hoddle and Shearer??

He's been eyeing this job since he arrived, now he has the chance to grab it.

But what do I know?

Presumably the bookies know that Barker or Allen are in talks so they can suck a few quid out of people for a wasted Connolly bet.

I think that's how they operate...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})