Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I spoke not from being in any way ITK but only from a touchingly naive faith that Pompey's way of doing things doesn't change much. But even I didn't expect that simple faith to be rewarded a bare handful of posts later :D

Pompey, the gift that keeps on giving :) :)

It's the PTS equivalent of this comic - and you struck gold ;)

i_know_youre_listening.png

you know me Lazlo, I have been ITK before! ;)

I'd be surprised if this long-running comedy doesn't offer up more laughs.

Jobs for the boys, and girls, debts to address, history to selectively gloss over, poor infrastructure, deluded fans, reality hitting home - yeah, a few more laughs at least.

Just had three attempts at writing this post but didn't want Mr G dragged off to court!

Hold tight Nutjobs, you are in for a cryptic ride...

Best thing I can say is, a reliable friend of mine recently spoke to someone who was very close to previous regimes.It was made VERY clear that much of what was suspected on here through the last five years was at times pretty accurate.

This can mean only one thing....

......you've made contact with THE man in the know......

.....a reliable Pompey insider.....

.....someone who was bang on time and time again......

....it's the return of Corp Ho!

Yep Champion Leagues Striker on Trial

Yes, yes I know that they promised they wouldn't change their budget and then they did, but they need to do it again, cos someone got injured

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-monitor-champions-league-striker-1-5474988

Loved this reply from one of their fans following on from the above

Pompey monitor new tea lady.

Pompey are casting an eye over a new trialist who could transform training at Fratton Park.

Ex-Bognor burger van stalwart Christine Richardson showed her paces as she squeezed six cuppas from a single tea bag supplied by club sponsors.

The 68-year-old also supplied bags of chips to Alan McLoughlin's youth side before they left for their unlucky 2-1 defeat at Brisbane Road.

Richardson, who is a well known personality in Portsmouth shopping malls, has emerged as a consideration following the latest setback to usual tea maker Thelma Craddock.

Craddock is currently sidelined by an injury problem having been electrocuted by a loose wire at Fratton Park.

Deals, envelopes, unusual activity.

The insider view is, how they got away with it in court was at best a miracle.

Though, on reflection, if I bought an old graveyard and I knew that some odd burials had taken place, I might employ one of the key people who knew where all the bodies were.

It is no surprise, this little storrie from the Telegraph sums it all up pretty well, people stepping down from board positions to make way for convicted fraudsters!:

Robins, who was appointed to the board in 2007 and oversaw the club’s finances, is understood to have made the decision herself and will remain at the club as finance manager and company secretary. Robins’s resignation confirms the shift of power towards the new owner, Ali Al-Faraj. Her board role has been in doubt since Faraj bought Portsmouth last year.

Faraj appointed Daniel Azougy, an Israeli lawyer with multiple fraud convictions, to oversee the club’s finances. The Premier League has sought assurances about Azougy’s role from the club.

Portsmouth face major financial concerns and are still subject to a transfer embargo.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/portsmouth/7048325/Sidelined-finance-director-Tanya-Robins-resigns-from-Portsmouth.html

Loved this reply from one of their fans following on from the above

Pompey monitor new tea lady.

Pompey are casting an eye over a new trialist who could transform training at Fratton Park.

Ex-Bognor burger van stalwart Christine Richardson showed her paces as she squeezed six cuppas from a single tea bag supplied by club sponsors.

The 68-year-old also supplied bags of chips to Alan McLoughlin's youth side before they left for their unlucky 2-1 defeat at Brisbane Road.

Richardson, who is a well known personality in Portsmouth shopping malls, has emerged as a consideration following the latest setback to usual tea maker Thelma Craddock.

Craddock is currently sidelined by an injury problem having been electrocuted by a loose wire at Fratton Park.

As opposed to a "live wire" of which they have none

"We want to be the best. In the coming decades the clubs with the biggest fanbases and the best infrastructure will be challenging. It might take 20 years to get halfway there, but that is no reason to be defeatist, it's a reason to get on with it "

So, as a conservative estimate ...... that'll be 40 years then ??

Oh Joy

http://www.player.portsmouthfc.co.uk/latest-news/article/3455660/date/20130912102400/page/0/name/Powered-by-the-People

(needs Saints Player login)

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/powered-by-the-people-1048204.aspx

Pompey have launched a powerful promotional video aimed at winning back fans – and winning over young fans.

The video was conceived, produced and filmed by independent filmmakers Sam Byng and Emma Stock, free of charge to the club.

The video features Pompey engagement manager Micah Hall discussing the ordeal the club has been through in recent years and how they hope to move forward in the future.

Subscribers to Pompey Player have an exclusive 24-hour period to watch the film before it launches on our official YouTube channel.

Under an innovative partnership deal between The Football League and YouTube, Pompey earn money from every view on their official channel, so fans are encouraged to share the film on all social media channels.

Hall said: “The purpose of the film is ultimately to show it in schools on a regular basis to make sure that we are reaching all the kids in the region with our message – that this is their club and we want them to be a part of it.

“When you join the Pompey cause you become part of something special, and we want kids to understand the difference between watching history on TV and making history at Fratton Park.”

Edited by trousers

Very very interesting quote from Micah Hall on pol.

Money over fans? We are a loss making business. We are trying desperately to turn it round and trying to work to out more players out there on the pitch. Of course we can give things away, of course we can. We can become an amateur side and not charge admission

I spoke not from being in any way ITK but only from a touchingly naive faith that Pompey's way of doing things doesn't change much. But even I didn't expect that simple faith to be rewarded a bare handful of posts later :D

Pompey, the gift that keeps on giving :) :)

Confidence is often rewarded on here! Weekend coming up, a match day, meetings in pubs, loose tongues, bush telegraph working overtime, pieces of the jigsaw put together, no names no pack drill, and the sight of chortling and giggling (that'd be me) Saints fans all over the place.

I'm looking forward to the weekend!

It's just heads-in-the-sand times down there once more and when it all goes pop they can say "why did the Football League let it happen?...blah, blah, blah, we're not to blame"

the fans will blame the high net worths who will no longer be counted as `real' fans

Ashley Harris being sent on loan to Havant & Waterlooville... I thought he was their next big thing who they should be building the team around? :?

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/article/hawks-loan-harris-1048847.aspx

Blues boss Guy Whittingham said: “It’s important for Ashley to go out, get some games and show people what a good player he is.”

And he can't do that in League 2 because....? :mcinnes:

#sameoldpompey

come on Lord T, you're being petty now.

The kid is only 19, you can't expect him to step straight into a competitive division like League Two, he needs time to develop.

Any club that is throwing kids that young into pressure cooker games like Fleetwood or Morecambe, alongside former Champions' League strikers, is asking for trouble.

That's no way to bring on the next generation of England players, or Welsh ones, youngsters need to be sampling the atmosphere at Dover and Gosport before they can walk out at Fortress Fatpipes.

Only then can they fill in question 12 on the press release template for back page lead story no.4 - 'biggest crowd I've ever played in front of'.

Losing nearly £1,000,000 a year already???? Thats about 25% of the average turnover for a L2 club!! Football League, hello??

I assume this doesn't breach the 'fair play' rules then? Even if they are technically in breach, I doubt the Bestest will let that worry them too much- the physical laws which govern the rest of the universe cease to apply within a 5 mile radius of Fatpipes

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/ex-pompey-player-wrote-off-money-to-keep-club-alive-1-5472258

The players did not defer/compromise monies owed to them in order to save the club, they did it so that the club would not be liquidated - there is a subtle difference. Then they would get at least some of their money owed. The gesture was not an altruistic or philanthropic charitable act, it was because they were told it was the best/only way they would get any of their money. The vast majority are still playing, earning good money (in some cases probably more). If each of them gave 50% of their compromise agreements to the Trust, to charity, to local businesses/creditors - that would be a gesture...

Oh and don't forget, £25 million removed from Stains by a "reduction of share capital" elegantly executed by their owner, and a debenture charge over their ground held by the VIBRAC corporation of the British Virgin Islands. (These are facts, you can check them for yourself in legal documents filed at Companies House). Doesn't this sound like a re-run of what we have seen here?

Meanwhile the Stains who are gloating that we have to pay these players £4K a month when they do not play for us should remember that their own club is paying the likes of Billy Sharp 20 times that amount when they do not play or even sit on the bench.... and other players have 3 and 4 year contracts for 3 or 4 times as much.... enjoy the treadmill Stains, you will find it does not stop when you need to get off.

Mauricio, just struck me what a shame it is that you're namesake cant actually understand any of your chants. Do you sing in Spanish at StMarys?

A few years ago SAINTS were in

the cow shine, through a bunch of idiots, similar to what we had running our club.

The advantage we have is we are now owned by the fans, and even the small debts are going to be paid voluntary.

Your constant ENVY of PORTSMOUTH FOOTBALL CLUB and their FANS is understandable, to someone who so say supports a local

side , who's record of trophy's dom to insignificance against

the trophies Pompey have won over the Years.

When you gloat and try to talk down to us, remember your precarious position in the Premier propping up the better teams.Teams you will never emulate.

When you start hammering Arsenal, Man U and Man City

then perhaps you will be envied by a few local fans.

Yes we nearly went out of the Football League, but we are now on the way up.

This time it will be done with good management, and not other peoples money.

This is rather misleading, yes, he accepted a compromise deal but he also got a transfer to Leeds with a a signing on fee and no doubt good wages, whilst he is still set to receive a large portion of the 2 years he had left on his contract at Pompey on top. Nice work if you can get it - fair play to him for agreeing a drop but he has actually done quite well out of Pompey's administration

most of the players can hold their heads up and know they helped by reducing the amounts owed. Some of the others like Kanu and Ben Haim were shockingly greedy and coudln't care less about the club just their bank balances!!! Players that had clubs to go to like Varney should of had minal payouts!!!

:mcinnes:

Edited by trousers

I bet my neighbours are wondering what was the mad cackle from next door over breakfast?! What it must be like on Trouser's morning commuter train gawd only knows!

Jeez, talk about deluded. Ok, players, next time don't accept the compromise agreement and you'll get all the parachute payments in a timely manner, not over 4 years... "Now on the way up"? Yep, chasing AFC Wimbledon.

Envy?! Ha.. Still, it's good to get some air deep into your lungs of a morning.

Post-relegation, the club is GIVEN millions of pounds to cover wages.

They ignore those debts, keep the cash, and spend it on MORE wages.

They then have the cheek to fail to pay these wages too!

And they expect sympathy as it's not their fault. :scared:

And that's one of the annoying bits that needs repeating.

The club has been GIVEN money to pay off the players, this isn't extra money they have to find.

Why should the players have heroically left with nothing, when THEIR money had been donated to the club by the Prem?

The Parachute Payments are for a reason, BUT if you choose to splash them on shiny tat instead, shiny tat that you don't even pay for, :o don't moan when it all goes Pete Tong.

And if you then buy the business knowing all these debts are due, don't moan, just pay them.

While we are on debt and criminality, let's bang a few nails into recent history...

The cup was won with a goal from a player who will have to wait eight years for his wages owed.

The cup run was financed illegally as there was a question over ownership, an offence admitted by the CEO.

It has been shown that the club was trading insolvently through this whole period.

The then-owner is commonly described now by the few as a criminal, a member of the current regime even went to great lengths to expose how the club had been run illegally.

That glorious team was assembled with no backhanders nor unusual tax arrangements, that misunderstanding was all cleared up to everyone's satisfaction in a court of law....

But they still want to keep the cup! :lol:

Just a though, perhaps someone can elaborate for me...

What happens to the PAYE and NI payments for a players wages when they are delayed and spread over several years? Is the liability to HMRC down to the previous employer or to the new company?

If an employee earns money in month 1, I have to pay HMRC by day 18 (I think) of month 2, whether i physically pay the money to the employee or not. That liability to HMRC is what the previous court cases were about and why HMRC were banging on the door to get their money. As a result, all the PAYE and NI due on the wages was part of (one of) the CVA(s).

Edited by Minty

What really irks me is this holier than thou attitude the skates current have about the Premier League or the England team, that suddenly their squeaky clean bestest fans ownership with low-paid players ( :lol: ) is the way to go. Take this post by Scumfinder General for example

Apparently there was some sort of kick about on a park involving one of our national sides that wears three lions on their shirts, turns out we drew 0-0 which means the fat scummer didn't score. Funny really, but I have absolutely no or little interest in the WC right now, it actually bores me! Anyone else feeling the same about our overpaid, overpampered, overthetop, underachieving and underwhelming stars?

:mcinnes:

See on the p***y fans online site they have got a thread asking people to name 20 reasons to laugh at the scummmahhhs.......

So this shouldn't take long 20 best reasons to laugh at those inbred deluded fools that think they live on an island.

1) the plastic cockney accent ......

See on the p***y fans online site they have got a thread asking people to name 20 reasons to laugh at the scummmahhhs.......

So this shouldn't take long 20 best reasons to laugh at those inbred deluded fools that think they live on an island.

I would suggest this thread already has 91310 reasons and counting...

Funny thing the English language, this is how I read that quoted post from POL :

"Originally Posted by Frattoniser

Apparently there was some sort of kick about on a park involving one of our national sides that wears three lions on their shirts, turns out we drew 0-0 which means the fat scummer didn't score. Funny really, but I have absolutely no or little interest in the WC right now, it actually bores me!"

1) He is bored with the World Cup

"Anyone else feeling the same about our overpaid, overpampered, overthetop, underachieving and underwhelming stars?"

2) He feels the same about PFC.

But they had half the England team playing for them not long ago...

So I'm sure they still care really.

Back then they were all over the international team like Avram at a wet teeshirt, trampolining contest - in mid-December.

Despite the unpaid Crouch, Defoe, Johnson etc glory era, it's possible now that for the next decade or two, the last England player they paid money to watch score at Fortress Lardydome will be Sir Rickie Lambert.

1) the plastic cockney accent ......

2) John PFC Westwood

3) The Pompey Myths (Dock Strike which never happened/Cancellation of the Fund Raising friendly through lack of interest etc etc)

4) The Pompey News high profile support for a knighthood for 'Sir' Henry Redknapp (some fans were also calling for Peter Storrie to be honoured!!)

5) Playing in Pink

6) Doing the Conga

7) Taking any amount of our 'cast offs over the years' (At least we paid a fee for Barry Horne!!!)

8) The Japanese goalkeeper

9) Losing to lower league Leyton Orient in front of 3,000 or so

10) Welcoming any number of dodgy owners including the banner over the bridge welcoming someone who didn't exist.

11) Corps Ho

12) 3 admins

13) Being one step away from Non League Football

14) Losing any recent local young talent to a 'proper' football club

15) Brent Geese

16) The Pompey Harbour Drome

17) Training in the Southampton Post code area for many years

18) Players preferring not to live within the PO post code

19) A fans song with only three words

20) Portsmouth once being in the County of Southampton

20 reasons to laugh at Portsmouth Football Club

1) Smashing up their own town after winning 1 - 0 against the rivals they supposedly don't care about

2) Having a ground with plumbing that is held together by fat

3) Their most famous fan is a man with serious mental health issues - John 'Portsmouth' Westwood

4) Going into administration three times and not learning from each occasion

5) Not believing for one minute that spending as they did was unsustainable

6) Booing the manager that won them the F.A Cup because he joined a much better team than them

7) Failing to sign a lower league Slovakian (or Slovenian, who cares) goalkeeper that they knew wasn't very good

8) Having such a lousy Academy/youth system that their best players are instructed to join ours - James Ward-Prowse

9) Being happy to sign players that we once had despite previously wishing death upon them - Crouch, Connolly, Howard, etc.

10) Drawing up plans for a stadium they knew they would never be able to build

11) Wishing their own nation ill-will because a Southampton player is actually scoring goals for them

12) Taking Redknapp back with open arms after declaring hatred for him for joining us

13) Consecutive relegations

14) Drawing with Accrington Stanley

15) Losing 4 - 1 to Oxford United after declaring that this was their time to shine

16) Believing their own hype when it comes to their fellow fans - who by the way, are not turning up in the numbers they expect

17) Starting a witch-hunt against one of their own fans after he dared to question what the Trust was doing

18) Being unable to adequately staff their ground in a League Two fixture

19) Employing Avram Grant who enjoys watersports

20) Being from and playing in Portsmouth, the armpit of the universe.

Funny thing the English language, this is how I read that quoted post from POL :

"Originally Posted by Frattoniser

Apparently there was some sort of kick about on a park involving one of our national sides that wears three lions on their shirts, turns out we drew 0-0 which means the fat scummer didn't score. Funny really, but I have absolutely no or little interest in the WC right now, it actually bores me!"

1) He is bored with the World Cup

"Anyone else feeling the same about our overpaid, overpampered, overthetop, underachieving and underwhelming stars?"

2) He feels the same about PFC.

I thought this idiot was Scottish???

In which case he can STFU about our national team ...

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})