Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

http://www.pompeyonline.com/tesco-plans/

Oh Dear, things getting a bit heated down the road.

Some nut job even wants some transparency over the deal with Robinson

The Tesco plans don't appear to leave much room for any sort of expansion and few of them have just realized they might not be getting a new stadium and they might not get a new stand :) :) :) : )......Why didn't they just read this thread.

http://fansonline.net/portsmouth/mb/view.php?id=514376

The Tesco plans don't appear to leave much room for any sort of expansion and few of them have just realized they might not be getting a new stadium and they might not get a new stand :) :) :) : )......Why didn't they just read this thread.

Much hilarity ensues :lol:

"I hope to give them back to the football club when the owners have settled a..."

"Changed their taste perhaps?"

LOL.

How long before #factless decides that Terry is not a "plucky hero who saved the club's heritage" but is in fact a "callous calculating money obsessed villain holding the club's history to ransom"?

surprise, surprise, Robinson controls the future of pompey.

He waves cash, they have to dance, and approve any plans he submits.

That's the debt-free pompey owned by the fans.

Massive.

And if you sat on Terry's handcarved playschool chairs to eat off the famous £500K table that is from the Mary Rose and rescued by Prince Charles in person, they're so short you'd have your chin on the placemat.

Who ordered the chairs, Snow White?

Are some of them so thick that they thought the pennies they're getting from Tesco's would pay for a new stand?

Not quite; more than a few of them were suckered into thinking it would pay for 2 or more stands. They seem to have fallen for the same ruse over on POL as well.

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-0-fleetwood-1-1-5516672

The smattering of boos from some which rumbled around Fratton Park at the final whistle were certainly audible.

Fans are tired of struggling, they are fed-up of seeing their team lose against clubs who were not even in the Football League when they were bloodying noses in the Premier League and competing in FA Cup finals.

They are sick to death of being lectured that they should be grateful just to have a football club to support and to sit down and just remember that in future please.

I think maybe we're a bit harsh laughing at the historic chairs bunged in the skip. After all it was the previous regime and now they're community owned mistakes like that are a thing of the past.

I know for a fact that the PST have learnt from that mistake and rather than chucking out valuable Portsmouth chairs, they are now using them around the club. Trust members can now take turns sitting on them.

Redneck_toilet_10_garden_chair.jpg

I think maybe we're a bit harsh laughing at the historic chairs bunged in the skip. After all it was the previous regime and now they're community owned mistakes like that are a thing of the past.

I know for a fact that the PST have learnt from that mistake and rather than chucking out valuable Portsmouth chairs, they are now using them around the club. Trust members can now take turns sitting on them.

Redneck_toilet_10_garden_chair.jpg

Neat - solves at a single stroke their ongoing problems with 'fat in the pipes' and well-documented toilet shortfalls - 5 minutes work with a jigsaw: :D

2hg8fmb.png

http://m.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/pompey-0-fleetwood-1-1-5516672

The smattering of boos from some which rumbled around Fratton Park at the final whistle were certainly audible.

Fans are tired of struggling, they are fed-up of seeing their team lose against clubs who were not even in the Football League when they were bloodying noses in the Premier League and competing in FA Cup finals.

They are sick to death of being lectured that they should be grateful just to have a football club to support and to sit down and just remember that in future please.

Whoa there, hold your horses. Pompey fans booing? Never happens. That's only that lot up the road that do that.

Scurrilous news reporting.

Absolutely, we made it quite clear that the Tesco deal would leave them LANDLOCKED, over and over again.

I sense a very swift swing on rallyboys hero-villiain-ometer on its way for the Spurs fan Robinson. Honestly, what did they bloody expect getting into bed with another self serving property developer?

Oh for the days of old Corp HO insisting Tesco would gift pfc £20m, LOL, PMSL.

What ever figure, £20m or less, that is Robinsons earner now, the skates get some tarmac and paint to build a wee carpark as a political makeweight.

So Sacha was fed up sitting with his knees touching his ears, had the chairs valued and found they worth sod all so bunged them in a skip. Sounds fair to me.

Precisely, no matter how many Russian plug sockets he installed, he would never bin valuable antique furniture! It was worthless and he knew it, the only thing worth money was the painting, funnilly enough that wasnt binned, he gifted it to Mandarich LOL!

Terry the builder spun #factless a load of nonsense for a bit of limelight, #factless bought it all and now looks like a mug, as usual.

Poor old Terry, I wonder what else he stole from his club which he can use as bargaining collateral?

'the high-flying Cod Army'? ROFL

high flying Cod army defeats the lowly skate, formerly known as the 'shrimps' from when they played in salmon pink, a fishy affair indeed.

I defy anyone on here to read that without giving out a hearty chuckle.

As for the fans fed up of being lectured about how they should be grateful to still have a club, perhaps you should stop doing it, Neil?

I do take a perverse pleasure from reading something written by Neil, if only because I have never seen anything written quite like it in other news outlets. He writes every article as if it is some grand piece of work. It's hilarious.

It is p!ss funny when you compare it to what another League 2 club are getting out of a deal with a property investor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-23950993

Edited by aintforever

Own up, who posted this comment? :)

''Guy Witless age Ten and Three Quarters 8:48 AM on 24/09/2013

I have been asked by that bloke who I think is my new boss to make myself more useful around the place.

So I will share my tactical thoughts and expert insight on almost being the manager of a Division 4ish football club.

First you paying customers (or patsys as we football people like to fondley call you) should understand that it's not about winning games. Oh no, at our clubs most successful period in the Prem the real success was the vast amounts of money diverted to deserving causes. Like that nice Mr Lampitt, or Harry's dog.

We aim to replicate that success and have started well on a reduced budget by involving that nice land developer and Tescos (who have already demonstated some fine tax avoidance tricks).

With the Engagement Manager doing some, er, top engagement work we are on our way to demonstating how well we will use your money.

Well, I must be off as the Chairman (or the Phantom Tippler as he's known around here) is muttering about a game of football or something stupid.

Play Up Patsys.''

Own up, who posted this comment? :)

''Guy Witless age Ten and Three Quarters 8:48 AM on 24/09/2013

I have been asked by that bloke who I think is my new boss to make myself more useful around the place.

So I will share my tactical thoughts and expert insight on almost being the manager of a Division 4ish football club.

First you paying customers (or patsys as we football people like to fondley call you) should understand that it's not about winning games. Oh no, at our clubs most successful period in the Prem the real success was the vast amounts of money diverted to deserving causes. Like that nice Mr Lampitt, or Harry's dog.

We aim to replicate that success and have started well on a reduced budget by involving that nice land developer and Tescos (who have already demonstated some fine tax avoidance tricks).

With the Engagement Manager doing some, er, top engagement work we are on our way to demonstating how well we will use your money.

Well, I must be off as the Chairman (or the Phantom Tippler as he's known around here) is muttering about a game of football or something stupid.

Play Up Patsys.''

Nice one :D

It was not widespread – a reaction comfortably from the small, small minority – yet the expression of discontent was unmistakably there.

But he had no hesitation in bigging up and praising the "small, small minority" for their amazing support when a few of them inexplicably stayed behind a couple of times last season to sing and chant pointlessly in the stands after the game had finished.

It's one rule for one small minority, and another for another small minority.

It is p!ss funny when you compare it to what another League 2 club are getting out of a deal with a property investor.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-23950993

Akkeron was last week given the green light from the Planning Committee to redevelop Higher Home Park with nine shop/restaurant units, an ice rink, a 121-bedroom hotel, medical centre, cinema with 10-screens including IMAX screen, and parking for 360 cars. Within Home Park stadium a new grandstand of 4,800 seats will be built, which will house another four shop/restaurant units facing onto the new Higher Home Park development.

Environmental improvements for Central Park, including landscaping of Zoo Field, drainage, a new football pitch on Cottage Field, and sports changing facilities were also approved.

Plymouth Argyle had to free up one acre of adjancent land next to Home Park to make it happen. The Plymouth fans seem to hate James Brent and his Akkeron firm, almost like he is a Rupert Lowe of Devon..

Imagine the Plymouth fans if all they were getting was:

☻a car park

☻landlocked behind a supermarket and petrol station (housing around landlocks the rest of nottarf)

☻nottarf to be sheilded from view forever more, most people and visitors will not know it even exists!

Plymouth Argyle had to free up one acre of adjancent land next to Home Park to make it happen. The Plymouth fans seem to hate James Brent and his Akkeron firm, almost like he is a Rupert Lowe of Devon..

Imagine the Plymouth fans if all they were getting was:

☻a car park

☻landlocked behind a supermarket and petrol station (housing around landlocks the rest of nottarf)

☻nottarf to be sheilded from view forever more, most people and visitors will not know it even exists!

A fitting end to the broken down eyesore that is Fortress Fatpipes. Any MacSuperstore big enough to hide it effectively should be warmly welcomed

Ha ha . £2k the lot . I think he is taking crap when he said Churchill Montgomery ET sat on them . There's no way they were made from wood from the victory .

And another bit of history is that these chairs were moved to America and were used by NASA in the cockpit of Sputnik when Gagarin became the first man to land on the moon.

The BBC edited the last bit out to save Terry's blushes.

T be fair to Terry the builder the woman who valued the chairs was well off the mark to their real worth.

Yes - IF it can be proved that they're made of wood from HMS Victory, were used in the ward room of HMS Warrior and were used by Churchill and Montgomery then they'd be worth a pretty packet. I'll bet my house though that NONE of that can be proven.

I do take a perverse pleasure from reading something written by Neil, if only because I have never seen anything written quite like it in other news outlets. He writes every article as if it is some grand piece of work. It's hilarious.

Spot on. I feel exactly the same way. I'm somewhat relieved that the Pompey fans in general seem to feel the same way about him judging by their comments on the Snooze. It would be unbearable if they treated him as a thought leader :spaz:

Wood from the victory. Bloody hell, if all those claims came true, there wouldn't be enough left for a rowing boat.

reminds me of baldrick and his twenty five knuckle bones of christ

I remember the first time I visited the Victory. It wasn't until we got down to the Orlop deck that they said we were on part of the original ship. Just about everything above the waterline has been replaced.

T be fair to Terry the builder the woman who valued the chairs was well off the mark to their real worth.

Her name was Deborah Lambert (I wonder if, by any chance she might be related...).

As Ms Lambert was valuing the utterly impractical chairs, she asked the question "Who would want them?".

Unsurprisingly, she didn't answer her own question but the clear implication was -without any provenance for the Portsmouth FC -> HMS Warrior -> HMS Victory -> Monty -> Churchill story, the 14 chairs were worth around £180 each tops. She acknowledged should stories about the chairs be thoroughly researched and the rumours (Terry's word) proved to be true, they would be worth more.

Given the above, I'd be inclined to go with the Antiques Roadshow professional.

That’s why Sports Direct want to get behind our shop – they see this as a massive deal for a massive club. :o

Perhaps one day someone at the club will recognise that it's over.

Like concentration camps and rationing, they were big in the 1940s.

They are now in the bottom tier, on merit.

I fear it will take a home defeat by some team we've never heard of to make them realise that they are not massive.

Repeating the claim just make them look silly, and fuels this little bonfire.

.I fear it will take a home defeat by some team we've never heard of to make them realise that they are not massive.

I am afreaid not Rallyboy.

Home defeats to league minnows simply means they wheel out "Press template number 2", which explains how opposition teams are raising their game when they come to pompey and feeding off the amazing atmosphere.

With a surname like "painter" you could be forgiven in thinking he perhaps has more to offer fratton park, than playing football.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/painter-away-sides-getting-buzz-from-fratton-visits-1-5516668

I am afreaid not Rallyboy.

Home defeats to league minnows simply means they wheel out "Press template number 2", which explains how opposition teams are raising their game when they come to pompey and feeding off the amazing atmosphere.

With a surname like "painter" you could be forgiven in thinking he perhaps has more to offer fratton park, than playing football.

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/painter-away-sides-getting-buzz-from-fratton-visits-1-5516668

So... Visiting teams raise their game but the home players are unaffected?

it's very simple - the visiting players raise their game because it is their cup final - the pinnacle of their careers.

The home players backed by fanatical support that they have never experienced anywhere else, have turned Fatpipes into a fortress.

This world-leading backing has spilled over into pressure, thus making the home side the underdogs in someone else's imaginary cup final cliche - but on the plus side, it gives them additional plucky and battling status.

Meanwhile the referee who will have recently been officiating Championship games etc, fresh from reading his inbox full of anti-pompey emails from his bosses, will be overawed by the occasion.

He will find the cauldron of hate atmosphere of a League Two basement battle similar to an Istanbul derby, and way too big to cope with.

As a result he will give decisions to the team with hardly any support in the arena.

So any defeat is clearly the fault of other people.

Team selection, recruitment, coaching, and an obvious lack of squad fitness have no bearing on the league table.